Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

site posted:

It absolutely has to go like this tho (up to including squirrel girl in the movie imo)

Exactly. That whole thing with SG and Thor was so god drat good. Waititi would 100% do an amazing squirrel girl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Completely off current topic but I just finished the injustice 1 movie since it was suggested and tbh it was kinda lame and boring (and I'm assuming this was before mk9 because it was ugly as hell). Starting 2

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

site posted:

Completely off current topic but I just finished the injustice 1 movie since it was suggested and tbh it was kinda lame and boring (and I'm assuming this was before mk9 because it was ugly as hell). Starting 2

MK9 was first, then Injustice right after. Then MK10, then Injustice 2, then MK11.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Huh. Maybe it's just the stylization of the characters combined with the tech then. Cuz I never had a problem with watching mk9 but injustice the whole time I couldn't help but think the characters looked awful

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Fun thing about Injustice 1, they did an alternate costume for Green Arrow that was the design from the TV show Arrow and when using it they change his voice to Stephen Amell.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

site posted:

Huh. Maybe it's just the stylization of the characters combined with the tech then. Cuz I never had a problem with watching mk9 but injustice the whole time I couldn't help but think the characters looked awful

I've always thought injustices art direction kinda sucks. Especially compared to MK10/11. 2 is a bit better but I'm still not a huge fan of most of their costume redesigns.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Man why am i a half hour into this and it's about gorilla grodd. No one gives a poo poo about gorilla grodd

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

site posted:

Man why am i a half hour into this and it's about gorilla grodd. No one gives a poo poo about gorilla grodd

Man... Chicks just don't understand gorillas. Its okay, Grodd. I get you.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Vince MechMahon posted:

I've always thought injustices art direction kinda sucks. Especially compared to MK10/11. 2 is a bit better but I'm still not a huge fan of most of their costume redesigns.

I assume that might have something to do with having to deal with DC backseat driving on stuff like that.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

I assume that might have something to do with having to deal with DC backseat driving on stuff like that.

Oh yeah for sure. A lot of it was 100% cribbing from Lee's New 52 designs. Which I also really dislike.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I really liked Injustice because when the good Superman comes through in the third act, he is rightfully depicted as an unstoppable force of good that wrecks who he needs to wreck but also inspires

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The Injustice story mode is so rote and uninspired compared to the comics.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

[J Jonah Jameson voice] I want pictures of Thor actors in their new superhero outfits, dammit!! *slams table*

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Vince MechMahon posted:

2 is a bit better but I'm still not a huge fan of most of their costume redesigns.
Also because they had the Costume Greebles system there.

They did a better job with it in MK.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

FilthyImp posted:

Also because they had the Costume Greebles system there.

They did a better job with it in MK.

I was talking about just the defaults, but thank you for reminding me that even after grinding for literal months I never got the Harley Quinn hat to match the rest of the outfit I was trying to build. I hate that system so much in both games.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

JordanKai posted:

[J Jonah Jameson voice] I want pictures of Thor actors in their new superhero outfits, dammit!! *slams table*

Same but probably for different reasons

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Vince MechMahon posted:

I was talking about just the defaults, but thank you for reminding me that even after grinding for literal months I never got the Harley Quinn hat to match the rest of the outfit I was trying to build. I hate that system so much in both games.

I miss the days when video games gave you access to all costume options from the get go.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

JT Smiley posted:

I miss the days when video games gave you access to all costume options from the get go.

Nice try, Mysterio.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Vince MechMahon posted:

Yeah, that's super frustrating. Hiding stuff behind towers in MK is irritating as well.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Nice try, Mysterio.

Yeah, whenever that get brought up I wrack my brains trying to think what people are Mandela-ing to remember that being a thing. Even poo poo like the PS1 Spider-Man you had to put in cheat codes or find collectibles to unlock them.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

As far as I'm concerned, a cheat being in the game to unlock all costumes is just giving you the option to access them from the start. I'd kill for cheat codes like that to come back.

E: In the case of these games I'd even prefer just giving them $3 for the outfit I want. That's better than their garbage blind box system.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
injustice 2: the flash segment vs uhh, i'm sure that team of guys has a name that i don't know, but it was cool

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Vince MechMahon posted:

As far as I'm concerned, a cheat being in the game to unlock all costumes is just giving you the option to access them from the start. I'd kill for cheat codes like that to come back.

E: In the case of these games I'd even prefer just giving them $3 for the outfit I want. That's better than their garbage blind box system.

Arkham City had a cheat to let you unlock the alternate suits before you beat the game and I spent the entire game switching costumes and I loved it. I was so annoyed that Arkham Origins didn't have one, especially since it has some of my favourite Batman costumes as alternates. One of the best things about Knight was being able to change outfits before you beat the game.

Edit: Arkham Knight's best costume is the '89 one, even though it's a little weird seeing Batman able to turn his head.

catlord fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Mar 8, 2021

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
didn't know one of clark's powers was to stop his eyes from looking in the same direction

site fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Mar 8, 2021

SnakesRevenge
Dec 29, 2008

Remember the basics of CQC, Snake!

site posted:

didn't know one of clark's powers was to stop his eyes from looking in the same direction

I'm sure there's some golden age comic all about his super-strabismus.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
okay finished. i dunno, i guess there wasn't much to say about injustice overall. 2 was definitely way better than 1 at least, and it looked a lot better, but it was still kinda just...there?? i guess. like, compared to all the times i wanted to post during the mk trilogy, except for a couple times there was never really interesting enough to comment on here?

i guess the thing that really stuck out is that, i had already known from tom taylor's tweets that harley and ivy had gotten married previous to everything which made their interactions sting a bit (although that seems to be a bit of a retcon on taylor's part so probably was not a factor during the scripting for the game).

dinah was fun and she sadly gets disappeared fairly early on

i literally don't understand why dr fate was even in this at all

the alt superman-winning ending seemed pretty horrible.

the dex-starr cameo was cool tho, and tbh the red lantern (very brief) side plot seemed to only be there to be able to include the kitty so i'm okay with that.

i really enjoy seeing good harley, so having her get taken out about half way through the movie was a bit of a disappointment (the ivy arcade ending is even worse in that respect)

i'm still kinda really confused as to what happened to the amazons after injustice 1 because good alt-u diana rallied them, and they just never existed in i2 at all, even though apparently injustice-u diana got off scott-free and now lives with black adam?? it was never explained how that worked

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Gaz-L posted:

Yeah, whenever that get brought up I wrack my brains trying to think what people are Mandela-ing to remember that being a thing. Even poo poo like the PS1 Spider-Man you had to put in cheat codes or find collectibles to unlock them.

I was mistakenly thinking of games where you create you your character's costume.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

catlord posted:

Arkham City had a cheat to let you unlock the alternate suits before you beat the game and I spent the entire game switching costumes and I loved it. I was so annoyed that Arkham Origins didn't have one, especially since it has some of my favourite Batman costumes as alternates. One of the best things about Knight was being able to change outfits before you beat the game.

Edit: Arkham Knight's best costume is the '89 one, even though it's a little weird seeing Batman able to turn his head.

'66 would like a word. Especially all the times he takes the cowl off

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

bunnyofdoom posted:

'66 would like a word. Especially all the times he takes the cowl off

I did play on PC, so that does influence things a bit (was the Azbats costume Origins or Knight? Either way, I was annoyed that I couldn't play with it, wasn't that and the '66 costumes PS exclusive?)

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Injustice 2 is one of those games that’s really really fun for the first thirty minutes of every play session, and then it just becomes boring as poo poo and I can’t explain why. Something about it is just deeply repetitive and dull in a way that most fighting games avoid.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I could never get into Injustice cause the character animation is almost universally god awful. Nothing has the proper weight or momentum. It's weird.

I know those games have a pile of cold characters (Sub Zero, Captain Cold, Mister Freeze, maybe Killer Frost?) and I always wondered if they have any interesting interactions.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

site posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeR0c9CnI3g&t=146s

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

How are the comics? I have the first three year volumes and I'm thinking about bouncing off of them. Are they worth continuing?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Injustice 2 is one of those games that’s really really fun for the first thirty minutes of every play session, and then it just becomes boring as poo poo and I can’t explain why. Something about it is just deeply repetitive and dull in a way that most fighting games avoid.

I still haven't played 2 but the first Injustice is the most I've gotten into a fighter on the deep technical level, I practiced and got really good (by my standards) and understood the game's deeper meta intuitively. It got to the point that I actually managed to advance against another Bane player who's actually in the FGC in an impromptu goon tournament years ago. I got demolished by him in the losers' finals but still.

Sadly I lost all my interest in the game when another goon posted "Hey what's the most spammy character I can learn to troll people in this game I've never played" and then 2 hours later I happened to fight him online and he double perfected me as Deathstroke by just firing the gun over and over, making me experience a sadness so profound there is no coming back from it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

IUG posted:

How are the comics? I have the first three year volumes and I'm thinking about bouncing off of them. Are they worth continuing?

The Injustice comics are much better than the games and it actually kinda sucks the original series ended to get out of the way of the sequel.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Injustice comics are the right amount of insane and badass and awesome non-stop since Tom Taylor could do pretty much whatever the hell he wanted

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Vince MechMahon posted:

The Injustice comics are much better than the games and it actually kinda sucks the original series ended to get out of the way of the sequel.

Agreed on the comics. The ones that are set pre-game are just kind of okay, but the other stuff taking place during the game are /chef's kiss. If you want a compelling AU where Harley and Ivy aren't just together but get married, Tom Taylor's your man.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Plastic Man not-so-secretly being a shitpants tier threat is a running DC concept that I'll never tire of.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

A living Looney Tunes-level cartoon person would be downright terrifying, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

BrianWilly posted:

Plastic Man not-so-secretly being a shitpants tier threat is a running DC concept that I'll never tire of.

It’s the only good thing to come out of late-period Frank Miller, that’s for sure.