Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
This antiracist group sound like they would agree with the logical end point of "cultural appropriation" thinking by certain groups, which is that every race and culture need to be forcibly separated from each other and live at a distance from the centre of the community based on how much privilege their race/culture has

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

MikeCrotch posted:

This antiracist group sound like they would agree with the logical end point of "cultural appropriation" thinking by certain groups, which is that every race and culture need to be forcibly separated from each other and live at a distance from the centre of the community based on how much privilege their race/culture has

Didn't we have a poster who was mad keen on this before he was threadbanned

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I was going to say, horseshoe theory is BS but "using other words for wh!t3 so that the facebook elites don't ban us" is something that I'd expect from the deepest of nazi dipshit groups.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

josh04 posted:

"grokked" is the made-up cyberpunk term.

Stranger in a Strsnge Land is pre cyberpunk :colbert:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

josh04 posted:

No, "grok" is taken from Heinlein's Stranger in a Strange Land and means to understand something. Entirely different.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

josh04 posted:

Stranger in a Strange Land isn't cyberpunk!!

edit dang double beaten

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Guavanaut posted:

I was going to say, horseshoe theory is BS but "using other words for wh!t3 so that the facebook elites don't ban us" is something that I'd expect from the deepest of nazi dipshit groups.

The maddest I have ever made people online is talking about fishhook theory to libs who really love bombing people

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

feedmegin posted:

Didn't we have a poster who was mad keen on this before he was threadbanned
nope he was perma'd, something to do with a car park

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

"Grok" is much worse than a cyberpunk term because tedious wankers unironically use it as if it means anything more than "understand".

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Comrade Fakename posted:

"Grok" is much worse than a cyberpunk term because tedious wankers unironically use it as if it means anything more than "understand".

sorry words mean different things comrade fakename

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
"grok!" sounds like something a thug would exclaim as Judge Dredd pops his head open with a homing round

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

feedmegin posted:

Unix actually which predates Linux by about 3 decades. ASK me about learning about grep on the university's OSF/1 server :colbert:

I knew someone was going to point that out! Trap sprung, etc, etc.

It's also not a regular expression parser as such (though it does that too). It's a text parser using regular expressions.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Mar 8, 2021

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Convex posted:

"grok!" sounds like something a thug would exclaim as Judge Dredd pops his head open with a homing round
you mean ‘frak’ and it’s cylons

god

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Professor Weeto grepped my groks and now my leftist cyberpunk group is on the run from facebook.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

TACD posted:

you mean ‘frak’ and it’s cylons

god

And "feth" if you cross over to Warhammer 40k.

This poo poo never truly leaves you.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Dredd has 'Drokk' and 'Grudd', which as I recall are official Justice Department swearwords to allow Judges to express themselves without offending the citizens.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
just realised professor weeto looks a lot like piers corbyn

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Unkempt posted:

Dredd has 'Drokk' and 'Grudd', which as I recall are official Justice Department swearwords to allow Judges to express themselves without offending the citizens.

Ah, that's where Ive got it from, cheers

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Unkempt posted:

Grud is what they call God in the 22nd century. The other JD sanctioned swear word is "stomm".

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Krud Stommer

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Aramoro posted:

Yeah I joined the group because the guy in the my village asked me to so I'm just going to hang out in it. I didn't go out to find insane posting, I just happened upon it.

Maybe one day I will become a level 7 anti-racist and accept my existence is problematic. (That is a 100% real thing from the group, well stolen from Instagram for the group anyway).

Are you sure you didn't just become a scientologist?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

Are you sure you didn't just become a scientologist?

Hmm I've checked the charts and looks like you're only a lvl 3 anti-racists, cashapp me some money and we can see what can be done.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Aramoro posted:

Hmm I've checked the charts and looks like you're only a lvl 3 anti-racists, cashapp me some money and we can see what can be done.

It really is a perfect summation of Capitalism in that it will try and monetise everything.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Aramoro posted:

So some folk in my village (well the one over from my but the nearest village with a shop) put up a BLM banner and people in the local Facebook group got all antsy about the banner defacing the village. So I went in swinging and called them all racists, because you know they were. So the guy who put up the banner invited me to this group, it's notionally called and education group. I thought it might be interesting but actually it's insane.

I've been probed once for saying Ghana's excess deaths reporting system is not as advanced as France's.

Right now the group is eating itself a bit as they have ousted one of the Asian admins for being anti-black and the admin is going through calling out 'wheat' posters who liked any of the other admins posts to make them explain their actions.

Remember when Ober used to pretend to take out a little notebook and make notes in it, when anyone in the thread said something slightly off?

This is like that but for real lmao

edit: it's genuinely more authoritarian than Conservapedia ever was :stare:

Microplastics fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Mar 8, 2021

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Was waiting for the bus in pudding lane in maidstone on sunday. Ended up sat outside the models in the window of the local Warhammer.

Shop was closed but HOW can these models come to be THAT much??

Just pieces of Chinese plastic.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Guavanaut posted:

to be fair

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Is that East 17?

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Cyril Sneeer posted:

Surprisingly, no. It's all made in the UK in Nottingham.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Cyril Sneeer posted:

Was waiting for the bus in pudding lane in maidstone on sunday. Ended up sat outside the models in the window of the local Warhammer.

monetary value of consumer commodities is largely arbitrary

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/1368935059634462722

Guessing tomorrow's papers are going to be pretty vile, even by usual standards.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Guavanaut posted:

Krud Stommer

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They will totally miss the main problem - the british press - and focus on any other weakness they can find to take away from that.

Oct 4, 2005

Cyril Sneeer posted:

British plastic, they make most of their stuff in the UK.

And yes, it horrifically expensive.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

1965917 posted:

And yes, it horrifically expensive.

This is very accurate.

Although, weirdly, I think that GW is still valued at more than the company that owns British Gas.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Josef bugman posted:

This is very accurate.

Although, weirdly, I think that GW is still valued at more than the company that owns British Gas.

The two are linked

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

I just had a look at their website and yes it's absolutely insane.

Like £25-£35 for a random miniature.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Kang Starmer turns out to be incredibly fitting

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Kang Starmer turns out to be incredibly fitting

Someone must have done Keith and Boris holding hands exchanging long protein strings, surely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I was at a hospital where there were a few coronavirus patients and I exchanged long protein strings with everybody.