Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

EL BROMANCE posted:

The only people who care about the royals are tourists, so the balls in your court for this.

Yeah, everybody involved in this dispute will live lives of wealth and privilege I and mine could only dream of. So I do not give a gently caress about their family squabbles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/burgerkinguk/status/1368849338596745223?s=21

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

This one needs to be screenshotted, both for when the tweet inevitably disappears and also to make clear what they were trying to do.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

In the UK, is Burger King considered a pretender to the throne?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

They have the best burgers by lovely bottom tier fast food burger standards but their chips are wank.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Wank means good, right

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

toanoradian posted:

Wank means good, right

It is if you believe it to be, jack-off.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Splicer posted:

Prism's too good for them

Why thank you.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

The classic liberal movie The Birth of a Nation

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Fister Roboto posted:

No, burgers were never covered in the act of union 1707 so the burger kingdom is not incorporated under the throne of the UK, however the burger king is required to recognize the suzerainty of the sovereign and the burger kingdom is a protectorate of the crown.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Fister Roboto posted:

Yup that's why they're called Hungry Jack's there.

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

ultrafilter posted:

This one needs to be screenshotted, both for when the tweet inevitably disappears and also to make clear what they were trying to do.

I mean, 'A woman's job is making food for her family, a man's job/career is being a chef' is a real thing, but there are much better ways you could have gotten that message across.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Upskirt Hamburglar

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
This is 100% a "whoops tee hee did i make an "accidentally" offensive tweet that got millions of views, i'm sowwy" scenario, right?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"This particular brand's twitter is quirky and fun, I'll follow it"
->
"Brand twitter is cynically exploiting the 'quirky and fun' marketing angle, just as Bill Hicks said"
->
"Manipulative brand twitters do it so clumsily and are so easily rumbled they might as well not bother"

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Cicadalek posted:

This is 100% a "whoops tee hee did i make an "accidentally" offensive tweet that got millions of views, i'm sowwy" scenario, right?

It's more a gotcha sort of thing. It's clickbait.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
I'm betting a LOT of marketing execs went to their social media teams last week and said "hey, you all saw that Potato Head thing, right? Do something just as cynical and politically divisive to drive some views. I don't give a poo poo what it is, just give us backpedaling room."

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

I'm betting a LOT of marketing execs went to their social media teams last week and said "hey, you all saw that Potato Head thing, right? Do something just as cynical and politically divisive to drive some views. I don't give a poo poo what it is, just give us backpedaling room."

We're thinking about it. We're talking about it.

As far as the marketing managers are concerned, it worked.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

OwlFancier posted:

No, burgers were never covered in the act of union 1707 so the burger kingdom is not incorporated under the throne of the UK, however the burger king is required to recognize the suzerainty of the sovereign and the burger kingdom is a protectorate of the crown.

:discourse:

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
That's actually his head, right?

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Ugh I hope BK's marketing doesn't actually work, or we're gonna see more of this

McDonalds: We don't like black people
(second tweet) ... going hungry! $1 of every Big Mac now goes to fighting homelessness in our most vulnerable communities.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Zetsubou-san posted:

i used to be a solid grey

Would you say you're @stillgrey?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/hannah_denham1/status/1368982041551908876

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

smoobles posted:

Ugh I hope BK's marketing doesn't actually work, or we're gonna see more of this

(second tweet) ... going hungry! $1 of every Big Mac now goes to fighting homelessness in our most vulnerable communities.

It worked when Patton Oswalt did it 8 years ago, but yeah marketing needs to take the L on this one and move on https://www.vulture.com/2013/08/patton-oswalt-is-an-excellent-twitter-troll.html

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1368983057479393284

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

BrigadierSensible posted:

Is Lola Bunny in any other Bugs&Daffy related stuff other than Space Jam?

Like did she have a life in the cartoons outside of that one movie?

Looks like she's been in most new Looney Tunes stuff made since Space Jam
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lola_Bunny#Appearances_in_cartoons_and_shorts

It's just 90% of people's memories of Looney Tunes is from the shorts that predate Space Jam, and thus predate her existence.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Works a lot better this way

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

EL BROMANCE posted:

It worked when Patton Oswalt did it 8 years ago, but yeah marketing needs to take the L on this one and move on https://www.vulture.com/2013/08/patton-oswalt-is-an-excellent-twitter-troll.html

Gordon Ramsay also did the exact same thing as Burger King during the first series of The F Word (the original UK one, not the lovely American reboot) with his "Get Women Back in the Kitchen" campaign. It generated a little controversy, but that was the goal to get it more attention, and anyone who looked at it for more than a second knew what he was actually doing.

BaronVonVaderham has a new favorite as of 20:18 on Mar 8, 2021

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

You know, it really shouldn’t take that long to remove the word from one’s vocabulary in the year 2021.

You would think, anyways.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
He's clearly just been listening to too much cumtown

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Dovi posted:

She was in the looney tunes show

She’s written as a total psychopath and it’s really really funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm4_32zd_WY

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Brawnfire posted:

Works a lot better this way

It does. In a print ad, you can see that there's more to say, and that "Women Belong in the Kitchen" is more of an attention-getting headline than a standalone thought.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Dewgy posted:

She’s written as a total psychopath and it’s really really funny.

Holy poo poo, you weren't kidding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d78r2zxdNkM

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

smoobles posted:

Even loving Reddit realised these jokes were bad in like twenty eleven and stopped using the “successful black man” template.

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

burexas.irom posted:

I came here to see gammon tears over the Oprah interview and you dipshits are debating colors. Step up your game british goons

Ugh OK OK, but I'm tired. So can't be bothered to crop or anything. But they haven't shut up about it all bloody day.

All public posts etc etc. There's about a million more just like this.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Good christ. Yeah put it back

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Why is it that when Americans gently caress their cousins we make fun of them for it, but when Europeans do it you give them shiny hats?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

EL BROMANCE posted:

The only people who care about the royals are tourists, so the balls in your court for this.

This is something that shits me to no end.

Firstly when anybody says "the Royal family", it is assumed and understood that they meant the Windsors of England. But there are tonnes of other royal families out there in the rest of the world. Properly functional Kings and Queens and Princes and Princesses that serve the same legal and ceremonial functions, (often with more power and respect), that Lizzie the Deuce does. But nobody knows who or what they are.

If I showed you a picture of Empress Masako, I doubt anyone would know who she was. Yet she has the same functional power as Prince Phillip, and fucktonnes more ceremonial importance. How about Queen Margarethe II? Nobody knows who the gently caress she is. Even here in Australia, where her Grandson Frederick is heir to the throne, and his mum in an Aussie. Then there's the fuckboi King of Thailand, whose exploits are far more tabloid worthy and salacious than Harry marrying a *gasp* foreign woman who dares to have opinions and stuff *gasp*.

Yet there are entire industries built around the British Royal family, and putting Dianas face on any old tatt is still a surefire way to get dumb tourists to buy it.

It annoys me because of the racism and colonialism of it all, (The English Royals are the only important Royals!), and also because gently caress monarchies, gently caress them in their inbred born to rule arses.

Sorry about the rant.

VinylonUnderground
Dec 14, 2020

by Athanatos
A lot of people don't talk about other royals because if you do that in the areas where discussing them is most relevant you can go to super jail. English Royals are easy because the media is in the same language, there is a shared history between America and England and tabloid rumors about them are legal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Is that Kristen Wiig?