Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
If ever you are in the presence of anyone who is pregnant, it is at the most basic level very strange to ask what their child's skin is going to be like.

Just so we are all clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
yeah hey what colour is the kid gonna be

no good?

McNamaras Morons
Feb 6, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OF7bRsr6eg

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

I don't know why I didn't expect the racism apologists to come out of the woodwork in this thread, but they did and it's loving hilarious

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
It's really just the one guy, isn't it?

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

There's a couple of them, I think and they're dying on that hill so I guess it seems like there's more of them

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

The queen is a terrible racist. I know this as I beat her old rear end in like a dozen races easy.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
the royal family is a sham, a joke

if they had any real power, they could bring back zombo.com

its all just smoke and mirrors, man

edit: this video is how i imagine racism happening in england

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd4ygI0GHV8

vandalism fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Mar 9, 2021

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
- 35 year old man whines that daddy stopped giving him millions every year and expects sympathy
- follows up with complete lack of self awareness that being in the royal family was like being a prisoner
- makes emotional argument about how awful it's been having to work for living
- outrage at not having all his expenses covered by daddy and the british taxpayer

Harry is bellend

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

hakimashou posted:

The US is less racist than the UK though

Maaaaybe most people are. But I'm unaware of any recent UK lynchings or extrajudicial killings of minorities by police. I'd guess there have been some cases of the later but probably not just brazenly in public and the perpetrators are FAR more likely to have faced real consequences. Still, being less racist than America is really a case of damning with faint praise.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

DGC773 posted:

Uh....

Any evidence at all of this.

The child is still seventh in line to the throne..... no one is contesting that at all and no one cares what colour the Childs skin is.

No he isn't. Because he is a great grandchild he isn't automatically in line for anything and has to be granted a title. They specifically said they were not giving him a title and as a result would not give him any security either.

I mean gently caress everyone involved but however you feel about them that child did not choose to be born a royal and deserves to be protected the same as the rest of their family. That position comes with very real threats and they can certainly loving afford it. The title is dumb either way, although that's a extreme snub in their eyes, but security should be non-negotiable. Imagine being super loving rich and a target for crazies of all types and telling your grandchildren to get hosed.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
queen elizabeth seems cool to me

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 25 hours!
the interview was pretty tame, but I can’t believe they were kicked out of the family for naming the baby after the wrong linux distribution.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Its probably the bit where prince philip said "jesus gently caress" directly before asking it and an exasperated "poo poo" directly after.

A Greek mf has no place questioning anybodies skin.

Wasn't there a 18 century royal that had more than a drop anyway?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Wait until the Queen starts invoking primae noctis again

Are you a horny enough dude/dudette to satisfy Her Majesty?

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

low key sex master posted:

Wait until the Queen starts invoking primae noctis again

Are you a horny enough dude/dudette to satisfy Her Majesty?

Do you think she shaves?

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Wouldn’t Meghan qualify for NHS therapy? Are the Royals not covered under that?

I don’t understand why the British government should be paying for the 10+ line of the throne security? How far down the line of succession counts normally?

Can’t this very rich family living in Canada pay for this themselves? Good on them for leaving but was this all after they left?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Comstar posted:

Wouldn’t Meghan qualify for NHS therapy? Are the Royals not covered under that?

I don’t understand why the British government should be paying for the 10+ line of the throne security? How far down the line of succession counts normally?

Can’t this very rich family living in Canada pay for this themselves? Good on them for leaving but was this all after they left?

Whether they can/should pay for it themselves is a completely separate issue from the problem of the rest of the royalty deciding they didn't want a 1/4-black prince.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

Batterypowered7 posted:

The monarchy is still a thing in Spain, right?

There are still 8 to 10 monarchies in Europe depending on whether you count the Pope or Andorra's weird-rear end thing.

Not sure if we don't hear about them because they generate less drama or if it's just because they don't speak English.

edit: 9 to 11, forgot Monaco

AKA Pseudonym fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Mar 9, 2021

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Remember when Harry dressed as Hitler for Halloween?

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Remember when Harry dressed as Hitler for Halloween?

See I’m shocked him and Trudeau aren’t great friends

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Zeluth posted:

Do you think she shaves?

Au natural baby!

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
Harry is cool. He told his dumb inbred family to gently caress off for treating his wife like poo poo and moved to LA. Good for him.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Who What Now posted:

C'mon dude, you and I know for an absolute fact that the queen was throwing around racial epithets that haven't been heard since the industrial revolution.

I assume she is at an elevated level of racism where she doesn't use slurs or experience hatred or even race specific bigotry, but only by virtue of not considering most people to be sentient or to have the abstract concept of personhood or even just personification (such as we often apply to dogs). Kind of like how you or I would consider bacteria or viruses. We might be annoyed or angered by their existence, but we can't really hate them in the same way we can hate people or to a lesser extent the animals we recognise as having some degree of intelligence or mental activity.

Defenistrator
Mar 27, 2007
Ask me about my burritos
You guys realize that the first and second world wars both broke out because of a royal family feud.... Right?.... Right...????

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

D-Pad posted:

No he isn't. Because he is a great grandchild he isn't automatically in line for anything and has to be granted a title. They specifically said they were not giving him a title and as a result would not give him any security either.

The throne specifically does not give a poo poo about proximity, he's still in line for the throne itself. EVERYTHING ELSE associated with the royal family he's not entitled to as a great grandson, but he's still in line for the throne.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I didn't learn much about ww1 in k-12. I used to think they didn't teach kids about 1 because 2 happened more recently had better bad guys, planes... nukes and all. Now I think it's probably because the first thought that comes into your head after learning the basics of world war one is "holy poo poo kill the royalty/rich"

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Comstar posted:

Jimmy Carter hasn’t been president for forty years, but there’s still fifty secret service guys in a bunker near his house.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Torquemada posted:

Jimmy Carter hasn’t been president for forty years, but there’s still fifty secret service guys in a bunker near his house.

it was nice of president carter to dig and build that bunker for them

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

D-Pad posted:

I mean gently caress everyone involved but however you feel about them that child did not choose to be born a royal and deserves to be protected the same as the rest of their family. That position comes with very real threats and they can certainly loving afford it. The title is dumb either way, although that's a extreme snub in their eyes, but security should be non-negotiable. Imagine being super loving rich and a target for crazies of all types and telling your grandchildren to get hosed.

I think if they had remained in the UK they would have had security. Note as soon as they moved to Canada the Canadian authorities immediately said 'we aren't paying for this lol' so the costs are probably significant, and I imagine a separate security budget would have to be drawn up for Harry and Meghan to manage their security where as I think at the moment it all just falls under the UK police, close protection officers etc. Not that I agree with it, but think the moving countries was more of a factor.

AKA Pseudonym posted:

There are still 8 to 10 monarchies in Europe depending on whether you count the Pope or Andorra's weird-rear end thing.

Not sure if we don't hear about them because they generate less drama or if it's just because they don't speak English.

edit: 9 to 11, forgot Monaco

They definitely generate as much drama but yes the non-English thing is why. One of the Kings recently had to acknowledge a lovechild after denying their existence for decades.

reignonyourparade posted:

The throne specifically does not give a poo poo about proximity, he's still in line for the throne itself. EVERYTHING ELSE associated with the royal family he's not entitled to as a great grandson, but he's still in line for the throne.

I think you're getting a bit hung up on the line of succession. Charles has been directly in line for the throne for 72 years and still not realised his destiny yet. By the time William is King he will likely be a grandfather and it will be even more academic than it already is. Unless there is some major disaster that wipes them all out at once then Archie has about as much claim to the throne as any other minor royal, in actual terms. He is one step closer than paedo Andy and his kids and it's never been a concern they would be anywhere near the throne in real terms. Harry is the spare after all, they're quite good at looking after the heir and sacrificing the spare by this point.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I think you're getting a bit hung up on the line of succession. Charles has been directly in line for the throne for 72 years and still not realised his destiny yet. By the time William is King he will likely be a grandfather and it will be even more academic than it already is. Unless there is some major disaster that wipes them all out at once then Archie has about as much claim to the throne as any other minor royal, in actual terms. He is one step closer than paedo Andy and his kids and it's never been a concern they would be anywhere near the throne in real terms. Harry is the spare after all, they're quite good and looking after the heir and sacrificing the spare by this point.

I ain't hung up on anything, D-Pad just was saying stuff that isn't correct about what the consequences of being a great grandson instead of a grandson actually are.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!

hakimashou posted:

The US is less racist than the UK though

Absolutely no way. Racism in the US is ingrained in it's society. The UK has never had segregation and does not have the same level of social division that the US has. London is one of the most multicultural cities in the world and there is no issue with police brutality.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

Waterbed Wendy posted:

If ever you are in the presence of anyone who is pregnant, it is at the most basic level very strange to ask what their child's skin is going to be like.

Just so we are all clear.

Meghan was never asked. She was repeating a question that Harry was asked.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

D-Pad posted:

He is 7th in line to the throne. Nothing can dispute that. It is the way the line of succession works.

The line of Succession

SOVEREIGN
1. The Prince of Wales

2. The Duke of Cambridge

3. Prince George of Cambridge

4. Princess Charlotte of Cambridge

5. Prince Louis of Cambridge

6. The Duke of Sussex

7. Master Archie Mountbatten-Windsor

8. The Duke of York

9. Princess Beatrice of York

10. Princess Eugenie of York

11. The Earl of Wessex

12. Viscount Severn

13. The Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor

14. The Princess Royal

15. Mr. Peter Phillips

16. Miss Savannah Phillips

17. Miss Isla Phillips

18. Mrs. Michael Tindall

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

DGC773 posted:

Absolutely no way. Racism in the US is ingrained in it's society. The UK has never had segregation and does not have the same level of social division that the US has. London is one of the most multicultural cities in the world and there is no issue with police brutality.

lol

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

DGC773 posted:

He is 7th in line to the throne. Nothing can dispute that. It is the way the line of succession works.

The line of Succession

SOVEREIGN
1. The Prince of Wales

2. The Duke of Cambridge

3. Prince George of Cambridge

4. Princess Charlotte of Cambridge

5. Prince Louis of Cambridge

6. The Duke of Sussex

7. Master Archie Mountbatten-Windsor

8. The Duke of York

9. Princess Beatrice of York

10. Princess Eugenie of York

11. The Earl of Wessex

12. Viscount Severn

13. The Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor

14. The Princess Royal

15. Mr. Peter Phillips

16. Miss Savannah Phillips

17. Miss Isla Phillips

18. Mrs. Michael Tindall

So if Charles is King next and has the longevity of his parents then by the time George, Charlotte and Louis have children he will be vying with Zara Phillips level 'oh yeah they're a royal' territory.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?

DGC773 posted:

While the UK has not had de jure segregation in living memory, and London is a multicultural world city, lol at the rest. Racism and xenophobia are cornerstones of British identity.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

ShredsYouSay posted:

While the UK has not had de jure segregation in living memory, and London is a multicultural world city, lol at the rest. Racism and xenophobia are cornerstones of British identity.

I agree with that, though a different brand of racism than the US perhaps. That's what tickled me about the goon earlier saying if it wasn't for Wallis Simpson the UK would've gone with the nazi's due to the would be king's sympathising: lol no it wouldn't because if you spend any time here you realise the UK hates europe, the UK hates Germany and had not long been at war with them. The UK hates France for god sake and hasnt been at war with them in centuries.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

DGC773 posted:

How many bullets to the face did it take to stop that terrorist running and jumping barriers* onto the Tube?
(*slightly tanned man walking normally)

It's worth reading about the the colour bar if you want to understand what segregation was like in the UK, and just how deep rooted racism is here. Also, casual racism is absolutely everywhere here, and entirely reenforced by the same media class that go after Meghan time and time again. I mean the whole country revels a national 'hero' whose genocides in India potentially killed more than the holocaust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

The answer is 7, and a few elsewhere.