Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Inzombiac posted:

I would just like to say that every Nazi is devoid of humanity.

You don't get to that ideology accidentally. You don't suddenly convert to fascism because you read something on 4Chan.

You're a Nazi because you're lonely, stupid, arrogant and stubborn.

You are undeserving of respect, tolerance, patience or an un-punched face.

I mean... "Lonely, stupid, arrogant and stubborn" isn't a reason to deserve being punched. "Intractable belief in genocide and White supremacy" is the reason to deserve being punched.

Cartoon Man posted:

May need to put this in the deviantart thread instead.

Aaargh he's wearing those boots backwards, and somehow that makes it worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Hyperlynx posted:

I mean... "Lonely, stupid, arrogant and stubborn" isn't a reason to deserve being punched.
I'm all those things and I'm not even a Nazi 🤷🏻‍♀️

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Chitin posted:

I like how the Navy was just like “we will also Army and Air Force” for some reason.

Air force people get sea sick easily, and so do Army people. Landlubbers, the lot of them!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Hyperlynx posted:

That's cats for you.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Hyperlynx posted:

It's so when people follow his tracks they go the wrong way and he escapes

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Sound not really necessary, I guess, but it's there.

https://i.imgur.com/4s7OZ3b.mp4

Then explain “rump roast”? Checkmate food pyramidists :colbert:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Yolo

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Sound not really necessary, I guess, but it's there.

https://i.imgur.com/4s7OZ3b.mp4

It's a pyramid, not a triangle. You don't know what's written on the other sides.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Poldarn posted:

It's a pyramid, not a triangle. You don't know what's written on the other sides.

the other sides are just "donuts" "cum" and "HAM"

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

the other sides are just "donuts" "cum" and "HAM"

The bottom is "rear end", obviously.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Chitin posted:

I like how the Navy was just like “we will also Army and Air Force” for some reason.

Marines happen because you need someone to go ashore and kill people while the sailors keep running the ship.

And aircraft are so much better at killing ships than ships could ever be that there almost isn't a point in having anything other than carriers and their support.

Except SSBNs I guess. That's a good job for a sub.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

It wasn't funny when it was on my ninth grade trig teacher's wall, and it's not made any funnier by explaining the joke and a bunch of tumblr kid's overemotive reactions.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

ikanreed posted:

It wasn't funny when it was on my ninth grade trig teacher's wall, and it's not made any funnier by explaining the joke and a bunch of tumblr kid's overemotive reactions.

Cool

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

ikanreed posted:

it's not made any funnier by...a bunch of tumblr kid's overemotive reactions.

Seriously, there are some decent posts on Tumblr but they are made worse by including the overblown reaction to the comment. Just cut out all the "DID YOU JUST" crap and great, screencap and share.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

trapped mouse posted:

Seriously, there are some decent posts on Tumblr but they are made worse by including the overblown reaction to the comment. Just cut out all the "DID YOU JUST" crap and great, screencap and share.

I don't know, I kind of like that part. I'm not sure why, but I do.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

ryden
Oct 9, 2011

ACAB

ikanreed posted:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

This is a great peace of creative writing but it's also incredibly powerful stdh.txt

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I'm not in literature but given my experiences in academia, I find it completely plausible.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

ikanreed posted:

the preferred nomenclature is tumblr hype men

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Memento posted:

This is a great peace of creative writing but it's also incredibly powerful stdh.txt

Doesn't matter.
WE! DO NOT! TALK ABOUT! THE ORANGUTAN!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

ikanreed posted:

It is made slightly funnier by a woman having some sort of fit on television having it read by Stephen Fry
https://youtu.be/wGt1gz-e5-w

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
As someone who has been physically threatened for my opinion in a literature class before, yeah, the Orangutan story is very believable.

(it was something about me saying that a woman could joust as well as a man; don't remember exactly which story it was in reference to, but it was an Arthurian romance class)

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

As much as I wanna say that's stdh.txt, from knowing a lot of academia it is also incredibly believable and that's what makes it so damned funny.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Memento posted:

The bit about people doing numberomancy poo poo and still being allowed in academic conferences seems way suspect but then again I guess this is supposed to be happening in the US so :shrug:

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.

canyoneer posted:

It appears to be, right in the middle on the bottom

lol that’s brother jed’s wife. I remember them coming to my campus in 2005 or so. They sang a song along the lines of “it’s not ok to be gay. I ain’t ok to be a homo.” And jed wanted his daughter to go to Afghanistan to shoot a Muslim.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Subjunctive posted:

OTOH, please punch nazis and transphobes.

Yep

gently caress you

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

It's good to have a sense of scale.

I'm very glad I embarked on this journey of learning how Dumb Sex-Parrot got their red text. It's good knowing goons have my back, regarding Nazi punching :unsmith:

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Caedus posted:

I'm very glad I embarked on this journey of learning how Dumb Sex-Parrot got their red text. It's good knowing goons have my back, regarding Nazi punching :unsmith:
Tbh I haven't punched a Nazi in years, but last year I did kick one in the nuts when he called me a "dumb j*w c*nt" and then tried to block me from getting on the bus

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I've seen the orangutan fight happen on the forums so I don't know why somebody would find it unrealistic to have the same argument in person.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

rodbeard posted:

I've seen the orangutan fight happen on the forums so I don't know why somebody would find it unrealistic to have the same argument in person.

Because of the vastly lower number of people who will start a conflict when it's an IRL meeting, compared to the number of people that will do that online.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Memento posted:

Because of the vastly lower number of people who will start a conflict when it's an IRL meeting, compared to the number of people that will do that online.

attending a highly specific convention for a particular topic is literally the originator of the term forum

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Futaba Anzu posted:

attending a highly specific convention for a particular topic is literally the originator of the term forum

Nice :troll: I almost bit, 8/10.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Futaba Anzu posted:

sure, but there's only one Diogenes

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Behold! An orangutan!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

Tbh I haven't punched a Nazi in years, but last year I did kick one in the nuts when he called me a "dumb j*w c*nt" and then tried to block me from getting on the bus

Good work, citizen.

Screaming Idiot posted:

Behold! An orangutan!

...but this is just a plucked goose!

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

The Airforce posted:

WE! DO NOT! TALK ABOUT! THE GEESE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Memento posted:

Gotta remember that these specialized subjects are so precious to academics that they can effectively make these different viewpoints and academic opinions a part of their core personality. It's the same sort of reason why a handful of sports fans will straight up attack someone for cheering for the wrong team. Psychologically, it feels like an attack against them.

Yeah, people are usually not like this, but remember that this is also a discussion on whether or not the author which these people have spent years, often decades studying, is racist, and the degree to which he was racist. Some of them may have spent years teaching a very specific reading and really, really do not want to be wrong.