Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Morningwoodpecker posted:

They think they'll get to goosestep across the world on March 20th now.

I wonder how it feels to be so deluded you self own your concept of reality every few weeks in utter existential disappointment.

You gotta think it gets exhausting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

TulliusCicero posted:

I wonder how it feels to be so deluded you self own your concept of reality every few weeks in utter existential disappointment.

You gotta think it gets exhausting.

Trust the plan

Wildeyes
Nov 3, 2011

Xiahou Dun posted:

I’m quietly hoping they pick 4/20 at some point so I can snicker.

Well, it is Hitler's birthday.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

DarklyDreaming posted:

The funny thing about America's Stonehenge:

It is either a 4,000 year old burial site, or a group of settlers moved there in 1700's, built the structures, then left for one reason or another, or it was a tourist trap deliberately made by a farmer in the early 1900's. There are convincing arguments for all three. Then there's the weird ahistorical bullshit like Cathar priests settling there to hide the grail or that it's the site of a magic leyline that will bring about the New Dawn

Point is there's historical knowledge that American historians don't know, and could be lost forever if someone prone to reading conspiracies on the internet decides to gently caress with it like that

american stonehedge is neat as either (1) a cool old native american site! (2) a colonial ruin! (3) something made by a scam artist in 1920 to convince people leaf erksson discovered massachusetts.

either way, i just think its neat

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

BiggerBoat posted:

Another undercover antifa BLM operative has struck again. This time by defacing an ancient rock formation monument called ""America's Stonehenge"

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/05/us/qanon-americas-stonehenge-arrest-trnd/index.html

Was going to post an excerpt but there's a lot to unpack here so I'd suggest reading the whole thing

Basically, being a Trumpfan or a QAnon is really an excuse to be a vile piece of poo poo towards everyone around you without consequence. If Trump can get away with it, why can't I? So Bobert/Greene/Cawthorn are basically set for life, because you can have the backing of the entire right-wing media establishment.

But at lower profiles, it turns out you can be a very small fish in a small pond. For instance this shithead from North Dakota just got outright expelled. A full-on bipartisan effort because he had a compulsive desire to be a creep towards everyone around him. Sure he'll try and hit the circuit about how cancel culture has Gone Mad, but because he wasn't fighting the good fight against Nancy Pelosi or AOC or Biden he's poo poo out of luck.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/opinion/6918786-Port-Theres-a-good-answer-for-why-it-took-so-long-for-Luke-Simons-harassment-to-be-outed

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Do they have a new fallback date for when it doesn’t happen?

Considering the evangelist slant maybe Easter will gain some traction?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Love the dude behind Reagan looking at Trump like "Really? This is the guy you all worship?"

Carnival of Shrews
Mar 27, 2013

You're not David Attenborough
Frederick Douglass, you're doing an amazing job.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Murgos posted:

Considering the evangelist slant maybe Easter will gain some traction?

Who's the mostly-obscured dork in the wireframe glasses on the far left, behind (maybe) John Adams?

C Everett Coop? Bork?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Note how the 2 black people aren't actually touching him, despite Frederick Douglas being right next to him.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Neo_Crimson posted:

Note how the 2 black people aren't actually touching him, despite Frederick Douglas being right next to him.

The artist obviously has a good understanding of trump.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Neo_Crimson posted:

Also note how fuckin' huge painted Trump's hands and fingers are

Carnival of Shrews
Mar 27, 2013

You're not David Attenborough

Neo_Crimson posted:

Once you take a second look at their hands, I wouldn't let those lightly-cloaked Eldritch entities touch me either.

Somfin posted:

Also note how fuckin' huge painted Trump's hands and fingers are

...but Trump's hands are far, far worse. What the heck is even going on there? It defies both anatomy and topology.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Who's the mostly-obscured dork in the wireframe glasses on the far left, behind (maybe) John Adams?

C Everett Coop? Bork?

John Adams is on the far right. I think it's James Madison in the brown suit on the left. Billy Graham in profile on the right in the back. That great American patriot Robert E Lee of course. And maybe Calvin loving Coolidge in the middle, far back.

I don't know who the glasses guy is though, or the guy the the mustache to the left of him.

predicto fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Mar 8, 2021

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

My vote for wire frame glasses guy is Sebastian Gorka.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Just hanging out at my desk, thinking about ghosts. Got my bibble, the original US Constitution, and my keyring of massive old-timey keys that I don't know what they open.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Carnival of Shrews posted:

Once you take a second look at their hands, I wouldn't let those lightly-cloaked Eldritch entities touch me either.

...but Trump's hands are far, far worse. What the heck is even going on there? It defies both anatomy and topology.

They have to be extra large, Benjamin J. Grimm style. Because someone once at some point suggested that Trump's hands might be small and that means his dick might be small and nothing about Trump can be small, especially his dick, since he's Big League, bangs chicks and is awesome and the best at everything ever, no take backs.

I'm kidding but, seriously, the artists that love DJT go out of their way to make his hands extra large simply because dear leader got his fee-fees hurt once when someone said they were small. IIRC, he was so petty about it he even brought it up in a debate.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Do these people not know Trump said he didn't feel he needed to be forgiven by God, literally the most un-Christian thing a person can say?

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Lammasu posted:

Do these people not know Trump said he didn't feel he needed to be forgiven by God, literally the most un-Christian thing a person can say?

Every single Evangelical is either a brainwashed idiot or a charlatan taking advantage of the aforementioned brainwashed idiots

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Lammasu posted:

That would really mean something if they actually worshipped Jesus or God

They worship Super Capitalism Reagan Jesus, whose idea of Heaven is a loving segregated gated community with McMansions in the clouds

American Evengelicals worship Prosperity Gospel, and are like the actual worse Christians ever

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Moon Slayer posted:

Just hanging out at my desk, thinking about ghosts. Got my bibble, the original US Constitution, and my keyring of massive old-timey keys that I don't know what they open.

I don't know if that's :thejoke: or not, but I think those are supposed to be the keys of St Peter.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

No, I'm pretty sure they open the secret compartment in the Resolute desk that contains one half of the ancient map to El Dorado.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

I like George Washington somehow Mr. Fantasticing his arm all that way.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Neo_Crimson posted:

Sir, there are three black people not touching Tru.p in this image.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

BiggerBoat posted:

They have to be extra large, Benjamin J. Grimm style. Because someone once at some point suggested that Trump's hands might be small and that means his dick might be small

LBJ isn't in the picture because everyone knows he had a massive dick and trinp could never compete.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

WHY IS JFK standing with his hand on trump?

What the gently caress is it with qanon and democrat elites

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

C Everett Coop? Bork?

its the artist john mcnaughton

predicto posted:

I don't know who the glasses guy is though, or the guy the the mustache to the left of him.

i think the guy next to him is andrew brietbart lol

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Mar 9, 2021

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

Agents are GO! posted:

I don't know if that's :thejoke: or not, but I think those are supposed to be the keys of St Peter.

That's Catholic iconography. There is no way. It is more likely to be related to emancipation

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Trump is such a badass that he stole them from the Pope with his huge bare hands, preventing the old foreign communist from ever entering into Heaven.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I wasn't sure if McNaughton was Catholic or not so I looked it up and it turns out he's actually a devout Mormon. That's funny to me because Mormons are considered even worse than Catholics as far as evangelical Christians are concerned.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Are they still? I thought they were being embraced by them recently.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Here is the key:

https://news.artnet.com/opinion/jon-mcnaughton-legacy-of-hope-1897650/amp-page

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Captain Monkey posted:

I think they and conservative Catholics have fallen into a sort of "these guys get it (but are definitely going to hell)" kind of category.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Right, evangelicals like that Mormons and often Catholics will vote in line with them and thus are useful, and will even defend them to an extent when they perceive those denominations as being attacked for "Christian values," but as far as beliefs go Mormons come out of it worse. Or at least, they used to, since it now seems like Chick's "Catholics are secretly worshiping Satan" beliefs have become more acceptable.

But anyway the big thing is that Mormons believe God and Jesus were once normal humans like you and me but achieved godhood, and if you are devout then you will become like them too one day. Evangelicals really don't like this, because "You can be like God" is one of the things the serpent told Eve to trick her into eating the fruit. Also the evangelical idea of God is he's eternal and unchanging, and saying he was once just a dude kind of contradicts that.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

idk God Himself being a former uptight Mormon makes a lot more sense, certainly a better explanation for all those stupid rules than "welp the eternal being spinning galaxies out of nothing at all is neurotically obsessed with whether tool-using monkeys are fingering themselves at night, and is grossed out by bodily functions like menstruation that He allegedly designed etc so stop masturbating right now"

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Captain Monkey posted:

it depends on how the regressive primary is going. they all fall in line to vote against the D when the time comes.

reminder that Beck a convert to mormonism did the "Mormon's a pedo child wife cultishs" attack to Romoney during the early / middle part of 2012's primary.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

VitalSigns posted:

idk God Himself being a former uptight Mormon makes a lot more sense, certainly a better explanation for all those stupid rules than "welp the eternal being spinning galaxies out of nothing at all is neurotically obsessed with whether tool-using monkeys are fingering themselves at night, and is grossed out by bodily functions like menstruation that He allegedly designed etc so stop masturbating right now"

Look: God is very mad about you looking at Boobs and Butts and Peen and Vag okay?

Even as a kid I was like "why does God care if I look at naked ladies? There are naked people in art all the time"

American Puritan poo poo is so wierd that it has lasted like what, 300+ years?

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Mar 9, 2021

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
At this point I really don't think Evangelicals give a flying gently caress about doctrine anymore, when it's more about culture war. Since they're a rapidly decreasing minority, they have more common ground with conservative catholics and mormons, and they common enemy is in the increasing majority of people who really don't like their bullshit.

They bought out a gilded statue of Trump to CPAC and people started "ironically" worshipping it.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Ah nice an exorcism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Phobophilia posted:

At this point I really don't think Evangelicals give a flying gently caress about doctrine anymore, when it's more about culture war. Since they're a rapidly decreasing minority, they have more common ground with conservative catholics and mormons, and they common enemy is in the increasing majority of people who really don't like their bullshit.

They bought out a gilded statue of Trump to CPAC and people started "ironically" worshipping it.

That's actually incredible holy poo poo

Like "coveting false idols to own the libs" what the actual gently caress.