Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I thought it was one of those old jokes about "Remember how coffee places used to just serve coffee?" so when Cooper ordered a medium and she asked "a medium what?" he freaked out that now they had a bigger menu or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Nice, colorist.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Julet Esqu posted:

Nice, colorist.

Happy International Women's Day.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I think calling 911 is the first actually useful thing Bernice has ever done in her life.

The Dinette Set dresses for the occasion.

Working Daze is lazy in more ways than one.

Super-Fun-Pak Comix is drowning, there is no sign of land.

Cul De Sac is a prisoner of art.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I realize we don’t post Sunday Luann (?) but it was pretty hilariously wedged in between these developments since they’re always not related to story archs.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

For a minute I thought Bernice was eating her phone.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Julet Esqu posted:

Nice, colorist.

This has been in my head since it happened. I'm not very good at image editing, apologies.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

BigglesSWE posted:

I realize we don’t post Sunday Luann (?) but it was pretty hilariously wedged in between these developments since they’re always not related to story archs.

The only reason I don't post Sunday Luann is because I don't feel like it (I'm more interested in the awful soap opera than in awful one-off gags). There's no thread ban or anything. If you or anybody else feels like posting Sunday Luanns, by all means, go for it. You won't be stepping on my toes.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
wtf i love Luann now

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

riderchop posted:

wtf i love Luann now

WTF, it wasn't Bernice that got hit with the car.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Kazinsal posted:

It’s a bit too bad that all the really early Bobbinsverse stuff has disappeared from the net. The art evolution over 20 years is pretty dang impressive.

Speaking of which, is the Scary-Go-Round website still up? If so, how far back do the archives go?

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.

Larryb posted:

Speaking of which, is the Scary-Go-Round website still up? If so, how far back do the archives go?

Both Scary-Go-Round and the original Bobbins series are offline, but you can buy the pdfs of Scary-Go-Round from Allisons Gumroad site.

That I said I did grab the original Bobbins strips, so if you pm me I might be able to send you them.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Do the SGR Gumroad editions contain the guest strips/Dr. Ladysounds columns/etc.? I don't blame Allison for monetizing his decades-old content but I'm bummed if that stuff is just gone now.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Slammy posted:

Those Were the Days (January 10, 1952)

Only 4 miles? And not uphill both ways? That child has it easy.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

How many young folks even recognize the Marx Brothers these days? I was just reading this morning that no one under 35 or so has any idea who W. C. Fields was anymore.

Get Fuzzy 3/8/01

Brenda Starr 1/14-16/46

:laffo:

Smokey Stover 11/5/39

Richard's Poor Almanac

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

The_Other posted:

Circus Windows

Disappointed the closed shop doesn't have circus posters in the windows.

Julet Esqu posted:

Nice, colorist.
I'm picturing the colorist sitting there trying to work out if they're going to get away with swapping their hair colour, but then playing it safe.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Slammy posted:

A near-literal 'in MY day we had to walk to school in 6 feet of snow, uphill both ways!", goddamn.

Selachian posted:

How many young folks even recognize the Marx Brothers these days? I was just reading this morning that no one under 35 or so has any idea who W. C. Fields was anymore.
I'm 31 and had to google who that was, so...

(I do know of the Marx Brothers, although it's mostly via Groucho since he seems to be the main one pop culture used for Marx Brothers jokes)

2017 Spiderman

1978 comics

Locher Tracy

Origins of the Sunday Comics

Footrot Flats

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

PainterofCrap posted:

Nightcrawlers - 1957

idgi

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Looks like these are two separate things with one hovering over two pages because of the format. First strip, the guy is dumping a body into the incinerator but checks to see if it's allowed first. The second, a kid is trying to saw their way out of the schoolbus.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Selachian posted:

Rhymes with Orange

I know the Marx Brothers AND the Stooges, because my dad remains a huge dork to this day. He got to meet the Stooges once, I think it was before Shemp was with them if I remember the story right.

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

I know complaining about Rose is Rose's "Rebel" mom persona, is old hat, but growing peppers isn't anything special. Even my mom has like a dozen chili plants around for the last few years because we discovered they are easy to grow and taste really good in a lot of food.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

I recognize the Marx Brothers but it's still a pretty deep cut considering the lack of a good visual. It would be completely inscrutable if I didn't know the reference.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The real reason you should grow your own peppers is that it's almost always way more cost efficient to do that compared to any other kind of vegetable. Peppers are expensive.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Manuel Calavera posted:

I know the Marx Brothers AND the Stooges, because my dad remains a huge dork to this day. He got to meet the Stooges once, I think it was before Shemp was with them if I remember the story right.

Shemp was the second stooge to join Moe and it was only a few months after Moe started out. :v:

But your dad is just a bit off, understandably so. Shemp was actually the first "third stooge," (even though he joined before Larry did) but he eventually quit and went solo, and was replaced by Curly. Eventually Curly suffered a stroke and Moe had to convince Shemp to come back, which was a bit difficult since Shemp was actually doing fairly well with a solo career. He did come back, being promised he could leave when Curly got better, but Curly never did. So it's understandable that given that a little under half his career as a stooge was after Curly, people probably do assume Curly was the first third stooge and Shemp came after, even though this isn't the case since Shemp was there from the start.

And then Shemp died and was replaced by Joe Bessar and nobody likes Joe Bessar.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

FrumpleOrz posted:

On The Fastrack

Ah, good old fashioned cronyism.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Maxwell Lord posted:

Looks like these are two separate things with one hovering over two pages because of the format. First strip, the guy is dumping a body into the incinerator but checks to see if it's allowed first. The second, a kid is trying to saw their way out of the schoolbus.

Might be a bit of a New York City thing -- my old apartment had the same warning sign forbidding the dumping of flammable objects down the trash chute.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Whenever I don't get a joke in one of Addams's piece, I just assume it's murder-related somehow. :v:

:lol: at that third panel. Leonardo da Vinci's mom just summoned her kid back in the middle of the road during broad daylight. It's like she's asking to get accused of being a witch.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Shemp was the second stooge to join Moe and it was only a few months after Moe started out. :v:

But your dad is just a bit off, understandably so. Shemp was actually the first "third stooge," (even though he joined before Larry did) but he eventually quit and went solo, and was replaced by Curly. Eventually Curly suffered a stroke and Moe had to convince Shemp to come back, which was a bit difficult since Shemp was actually doing fairly well with a solo career. He did come back, being promised he could leave when Curly got better, but Curly never did. So it's understandable that given that a little under half his career as a stooge was after Curly, people probably do assume Curly was the first third stooge and Shemp came after, even though this isn't the case since Shemp was there from the start.

And then Shemp died and was replaced by Joe Bessar and nobody likes Joe Bessar.

Thanks for the 3 Stooges trivia. That's actually pretty cool to know.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (July 3, 2009)

Arlo and Janis Classic (July 3, 1999)

Garfield Classic (July 3, 1989)

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Classic Kevin & Kell (January 17-21, 2000)

Someone itt mentioned that Tammy only loved Ray because of his body, and that was spot-on, honestly.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lol

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

PainterofCrap posted:

Nightcrawlers - 1957

Can someone explain this first one to me? The guy dumps his sack of presumably flammable material, and?

Edit: Nevermind. Murder again.

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Mar 9, 2021

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
BCN

Phoebe

Wallace

Curtis

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Slammy posted:

I bet this guy would have had a lot of thoughts on climate change.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Sherman's Lagoon

Ella Cinders

Zorro

Reply All

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
The Far Side

Pickles

Zits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Cathy March 13+14 1977