Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

quote:

Married characters will no longer wander off if they are in a realm where they are subservient to the other part of the marriage, and their spouse is in the same court

drat, my husband can no longer gently caress off to god knows where, Bulgaria, to learn from a dinner guest there that I am cheating on him in Darfur, because I cannot very well make heirs with him being thousands of miles away in Bulgaria.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.crusaderkings.com/en/news/dev-diary-50-poetry-to-my-ears

Randomized poetry generation? OH NO

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
oh my god

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

More importantly:
– Men-at-Arms, Special Troops and Mercenaries now have travel time and, like Levies, have a penalty to disband/re-raise during wars.
Travel time is based on the distance to the realm capital. This should effectively stop being able to ‘teleport’ MaA across the map

– Feudalizing as a Tribe no longer requires all Tribal-Era innovations, now you only need 70% (9) of all Civic & Military Innovations

– You will no longer get stress from Parents or Siblings dying of old age when they’re 65 or older (if they’re friends or lovers you might still get stress, though)

– All formerly inaccessible Religious Clothes/Headgear are now accessible in the Barbershop.
You want to wear the Pope’s hat and Steppe Pagan robes? Go right ahead!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
not getting stress when olds die is going to be great

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I was going to object to that as being unrealistic, based on experience, but I saw the "friend" thing.

.....yeah, OK. Fair enough. :smith:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

is there a goon curated list of recommended mods in this thread

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

CMYK BLYAT! posted:

drat, my husband can no longer gently caress off to god knows where, Bulgaria, to learn from a dinner guest there that I am cheating on him in Darfur, because I cannot very well make heirs with him being thousands of miles away in Bulgaria.

Read this without paying attention to what thread I was in

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

is there a sliding scale of how much gold you can get in demand payments based on landed rank? the pope and one of the bishops in his holdings always seem to have 500+ gold on their hands but i can only get 10-15 gold from the temple holding bishop compared to the 150+ from the pope

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

is there a sliding scale of how much gold you can get in demand payments based on landed rank? the pope and one of the bishops in his holdings always seem to have 500+ gold on their hands but i can only get 10-15 gold from the temple holding bishop compared to the 150+ from the pope

It's a convoluted formula based on rank and monthly income.
code:
golden_obligation_value = {
	if = {
		limit = { 
			ransom_cost_value < medium_gold_value 
			ransom_cost_value > minor_gold_value 
		}
		value = minor_gold_value # This is 3 months of income, from 15-150
	}
	else_if = {
		limit = {
			ransom_cost_value < medium_gold_value 
			ransom_cost_value < minor_gold_value 
		}
		value = ransom_cost_value # Below
	}
	else = {
		value = medium_gold_value # This is 6 months of income, from 50-300
	}
}
ransom_cost_value = {
	if = {
		limit = {
			NOT = {
				exists = liege
			}
		}
		value = { # Rich guests can pay a bit more...
			add = ransom_cost
			if = {
				limit = {
					gold >= 100
				}
				add = 90 # 100 if rich enough and unlanded
			}
		}
	}
	else = {
		value = ransom_cost # This is {20 30 50 100 200 500} by rank {unlanded baron count duke king emperor}
	}
}
If I understand this correctly, the golden obligations value is equal to the amount of gold you would get if you ransomed them, except if it would make you more gold than minor_gold_value or major_gold_value. In that case you only make minor_gold_value or major_gold_value.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

alright I’m just going to keep robbing the Pope blind

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Crusader Kings 3: I'm just going to keep robbing the Pope blind

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

alright I’m just going to keep robbing the Pope blind

Also a good strategy imo.
Anyways what's the tech and building strategy for the 867 start I've been out of the loop.

Frances Nurples
May 11, 2008

I feel like 3 is way hornier than 2. The pop-up interruptions because someone is gettin gross with someone they shouldn't are nearly constant now, and the relationship hits are making things complicated.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Frances Nurples posted:

I feel like 3 is way hornier than 2. The pop-up interruptions because someone is gettin gross with someone they shouldn't are nearly constant now, and the relationship hits are making things complicated.

That's why you make a religion that at least minimizes that, though you can't completely get rid of it since lover relations are still secrets that can be exposed even with polyamory.

Lawman 0 posted:

Anyways what's the tech and building strategy for the 867 start I've been out of the loop.

I usually like to start with things that increase my gold per turn, but I don't feel like there is a hard and fast rule here. With that said and assuming you're starting in the tribal era, I would imagine things like Currency, Public Works, and Bannus can be safely avoided early on, and Gavelkind is largely worthless. You're not going to be able to push development as a tribal in any significant fashion early on so I don't see the point in trying to get a +10% buff to it or whatever.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Frances Nurples posted:

the inclusion of nudity didn’t tip you off?

speaking off since there’s no dongs was the entire point of its inclusion in the game just for the titties

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Frances Nurples posted:

Check out the workshop if you want to feel sad about how lockdown went.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Lawman 0 posted:

Check out the workshop if you want to feel sad about how lockdown went.

I thought to myself "how bad can it be?", and a quick look showed me that the number 4 most suscribed mod was one to undress characters on demand. I think I won't bother looking further.

Frances Nurples
May 11, 2008

hahahaha goddammit of course it is :rolleyes:

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Britain's dipshit royal family is all over the news lately and all I can think about reading it is whether Megan Markle's intrigue score is high enough to pull off the murders she would need to put her black child on the throne. It would take between three and five murders, by my estimation. The line of succession goes through her husband's father Charles, then her husband's older brother William, then William's three kids, and finally her husband Harry. William's wife is 39, so not many childbearing years left. Murder plots take some time, and by the time you get all three kids murdered she'll probably be over 45. That there is technically enough, making Harry his brother's direct heir, but I think it's safer, and a bit more ambitious, to kill William first to ensure he doesn't sire an emergency backup heir somewhere along the line. Then bump off the three kids. After that, if you still haven't been caught, you could expedite things by killing Charles in order to get Harry onto the throne sooner, because why be a princess when you can be a queen? Of course Megan would need to have a child of her own as all of this is happening, preferably as soon as possible. Once the killing is done, even if you're eventually caught, it won't change the lineage. I would recommend that she use the Seduction focus, as it would not only help her produce a child (maybe a even a secret bastard, if you want to get really spicy) but also help her convince some male (and lesbian) agents to join her plots. What do you guys think? I know four murders is a bit of a tall order, but it's totally worth it for the shenanigans of getting a half-black half-whatever child of your lineage on the throne of an empire-tier realm.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

I hate you. At first because I don't give a drat about any of that but mostly because now I really want to make a Meghan of the Markle dynasty character and take over England.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Various Meat Products posted:

Britain's dipshit royal family is all over the news lately and all I can think about reading it is whether Megan Markle's intrigue score is high enough to pull off the murders she would need to put her black child on the throne. It would take between three and five murders, by my estimation. The line of succession goes through her husband's father Charles, then her husband's older brother William, then William's three kids, and finally her husband Harry. William's wife is 39, so not many childbearing years left. Murder plots take some time, and by the time you get all three kids murdered she'll probably be over 45. That there is technically enough, making Harry his brother's direct heir, but I think it's safer, and a bit more ambitious, to kill William first to ensure he doesn't sire an emergency backup heir somewhere along the line. Then bump off the three kids. After that, if you still haven't been caught, you could expedite things by killing Charles in order to get Harry onto the throne sooner, because why be a princess when you can be a queen? Of course Megan would need to have a child of her own as all of this is happening, preferably as soon as possible. Once the killing is done, even if you're eventually caught, it won't change the lineage. I would recommend that she use the Seduction focus, as it would not only help her produce a child (maybe a even a secret bastard, if you want to get really spicy) but also help her convince some male (and lesbian) agents to join her plots. What do you guys think? I know four murders is a bit of a tall order, but it's totally worth it for the shenanigans of getting a half-black half-whatever child of your lineage on the throne of an empire-tier realm.

All she needs to do is to get all of Willy's kids on a ship. Possibly some sort of White Ship. Preferably after distributing a whole lot of wine. Ideally with some sort of pointless race involved.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

:blastu:

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

She already has a child, and is currently pregnant with her second.

Anyway, if she just waits for the queen to die, her husband should have an implicit claim as a child of the King, so I'd say her best bet would be a strategic marriage to the family of the Doge of America or France for the alliance and then just a war to claim the throne.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
New dev diary: It’s Time to Duel​

quote:

Added new Special Buildings in [REDACTED] and [REDACTED], including the [REDACTED], [REDACTED], [REDACTED], and more!

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Mar 9, 2021

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Maybe someone can help me make sense of it: I used a Invade Kingdom CB on Kingdom of Alba, which should give me de jure kingdom + what ever else of that country I am occupying. Alba is more or less where it should be, that is Scotland. When I win I only get occupied provinces and thats it. He even retains his kingdom title, what gives?

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
Whoa, new special buildings! What do you think they'll add?

code:
Reduced acceptance bonus on Offer Vassalization from 'wide difference in rank' and 'rightful liege'
Reduced fascination gain from learning from +2 to +1

You'll need 74 learning to max fascination now (54 with the perk), and you won't be able to vassalize different-culture counts/dukes any more. nerfs man, they hurt

scaterry fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Mar 9, 2021

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Sekenr posted:

Maybe someone can help me make sense of it: I used a Invade Kingdom CB on Kingdom of Alba, which should give me de jure kingdom + what ever else of that country I am occupying. Alba is more or less where it should be, that is Scotland. When I win I only get occupied provinces and thats it. He even retains his kingdom title, what gives?

I think that’s how that CB is supposed to work; it gives you cause to snatch enough provinces that you can then Usurp or Create the title, but you still have to take the provinces and usurp/create the title afterwards. At leas that’s how I’ve always used it. It differs from CBs used to enforce claims.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

scaterry posted:

Whoa, new special buildings! What do you think they'll add?

code:
Reduced acceptance bonus on Offer Vassalization from 'wide difference in rank' and 'rightful liege'
Reduced fascination gain from learning from +2 to +1

You'll need 74 learning to max fascination now (54 with the perk), and you won't be able to vassalize different-culture counts/dukes any more. nerfs man, they hurt

Offer vassalization is pretty overpowered in its current form, to be fair, a nerf is probably a good idea.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
I dont think it was OP or needed any nerf

This is the kinda of stuff that dont make the game harder at all: that little duke our count that wont accept vassalization anymore from your huge rear end empire, he poses no danger, he will lose any war. Conquering it is no challenge, is just click work

It was enough that you needed True Ruler to get anyone but dejures to accept anyway

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
That's the whole reason that entire perk existed in the first place. What the hell? That's just stupid

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Elias_Maluco posted:

I dont think it was OP or needed any nerf

This is the kinda of stuff that dont make the game harder at all: that little duke our count that wont accept vassalization anymore from your huge rear end empire, he poses no danger, he will lose any war. Conquering it is no challenge, is just click work

It was enough that you needed True Ruler to get anyone but dejures to accept anyway

Yeah, this is the note I'm least happy about too. I really liked hitting that point in a game where you are powerful and prosperous enough that the nearby little independent counts realize that their future is with you one way or the other and join up.

Seems like this is just to make expansion duller and grindier for no reason.

I never had anyone accept vassalization that I couldn't have conquered in about four clicks. Definitely not overpowered.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Offer Vassalization was pretty key to the whole "conquer the world in less than half a centaury" strategy if I recall, because you could get your general opinion so high that just about anyone would accept your offer of vassalization once you were emperor. I mean if that doesn't bother you fair enough, and it doesn't really bother me either, but like the NK strategy it was something Paradox probably felt they needed to address.

Veryslightlymad posted:

That's the whole reason that entire perk existed in the first place. What the hell? That's just stupid

I don't think the perk is changing?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Ugh I want to start a new game, but now I feel like I need to wait for the patch before I do.

But there’s no info on when the patch will drop, probably because one of the dlc packs is connected to it.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Magil Zeal posted:

Offer Vassalization was pretty key to the whole "conquer the world in less than half a centaury" strategy if I recall, because you could get your general opinion so high that just about anyone would accept your offer of vassalization once you were emperor. I mean if that doesn't bother you fair enough, and it doesn't really bother me either, but like the NK strategy it was something Paradox probably felt they needed to address.

Thats not my experience, though.

Even when I was the biggest empire in the world and had 100 relations with pretty much everyone, I could only get vassalizations from small dukes and counts of my religion, either de jure or, when not, if I had True Ruler.

In any case, like SlothBear said, the kind of realm that you can conquer in 4 clicks. So thats what the vassalization saved you: a boring small war you were 100% sure you would win with no relevant losses

Also, from a "role playing" point of view, it totally makes sense that a small realm would just accept vassalization against a huge empire it cant possibly beat in a war, its on their best interest. Heck, I, the player, will do that if I have a huge expanding neightbour I have no chance of resisting, and even when its religion is different than mine

Elias_Maluco fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Mar 9, 2021

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Magil Zeal posted:

I just want to clarify something: the reason why the WC speedrun strategy can offer vassalization in the first place is because it uses an infinite piety glitch to be able to convert to any faith at will. So it’s not really the fault of the vassalization mechanic.

It's an effective nerf to True Ruler, because vassalization acceptance is so tight that any nerf to a positive modifier is a nerf to the whole mechanic. For example, the margin of error on vassalizing non-dejure different-culture same-faith counts/dukes is only 3 points, even with True Ruler.

scaterry fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Mar 9, 2021

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

scaterry posted:

I just want to clarify something: the reason why the WC speedrun strategy can offer vassalization in the first place is because it uses an infinite piety glitch to be able to convert to any faith at will.

It's an effective nerf to True Ruler, because vassalization acceptance is so tight that any nerf to a positive modifier is a nerf to the whole mechanic. For example, the margin of error on vassalizing non-dejure different-culture same-faith counts/dukes is only 3 points, even with True Ruler.

Exactly, its always that tight

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

hopeandjoy posted:

Ugh I want to start a new game, but now I feel like I need to wait for the patch before I do.

But there’s no info on when the patch will drop, probably because one of the dlc packs is connected to it.

I would rate it at Very Likely that the date will come down on the Paradox Insider stream, on 13 March.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

scaterry posted:

So we'll need to see exact numbers, but it sounds like you'll need to be a dejure liege to demand vassalization with true ruler. That may be something of an overnerf, since I think that's the sort of thing you should probably be able to do (without hugely positive relations) without the perk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Petition to add the surprise crocodiles to to the end of fatal duels in any location when?