Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Sucrose posted:

I was thinking about how to convert grams to ounces, and like what the gently caress was the person who invented the imperial system smoking? Who would come up with something OTHER than a base-10 system to measure things? Like hold up your hands jackass, how many fingers do you have? That's what you should use as the basis of dividing things.

It's because most people hundreds of years ago couldn't use fractions, so it was easier for everyone to use a base with better factors than 10. 16 ounces in a pound allows an illiterate miller and an illiterate peasant to agree on how much flour is a quarter of a pound more easily than if it were base 10 and they had to conceive of 2.5 ounces of flour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

poverty goat posted:

It's because most people hundreds of years ago couldn't use fractions, so it was easier for everyone to use a base with better factors than 10. 16 ounces in a pound allows an illiterate miller and an illiterate peasant to agree on how much flour is a quarter of a pound more easily than if it were base 10 and they had to conceive of 2.5 ounces of flour.

You realize a quarter pound is a fraction right?

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

You realize a quarter pound is a fraction right?

Which can be expressed as 4 ounces.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

eddiewalker posted:

Which can be expressed as 4 ounces.

Right but you can express a quarter of a kg by just going "oh, divide it in half then again" that's 250g.

Fractions and decimals go hand in hand.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

i avoid all math by always doing exactly one (1) weed

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
It's really a base-2 system for weights and measures. It's easy to divide something into halves, and then half again into quarters without calibrated instruments.

Ounces, gills, pints, quarts, gallons, pecks, bushels are all measured by multiplying or dividing by 2

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
And skip the thumb? But it'll feel left out :(

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

research sacred geometry and the illuminated masters and it will being to make sense

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Right but you can express a quarter of a kg by just going "oh, divide it in half then again" that's 250g.

Fractions and decimals go hand in hand.

It's better explained with money than something like flour. Can't divide a dollar by three like you can with a base 12 shilling.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

PinheadSlim posted:

It's better explained with money than something like flour. Can't divide a dollar by three like you can with a base 12 shilling.

1 quarter
1 nickel
3 pennies

The spare penny goes into a pool to be divided out when possible.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

1 quarter
1 nickel
3 pennies

The spare penny goes into a pool to be divided out when possible.

lmao

Play
Apr 25, 2006

i'm the guy on the couch just sitting there not listening as all as my friends are insanely high and arguing about the metric and imperial systems in increasingly nonsensical and bizarre ways

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Just wait until you realize weed weights are always short.

There's been more than a few places I've heard about that pay their trim crews for 454g pounds and turn around to sell them at 448g. So $100/pound, but that varies the rate.

It's 6g but it still adds up to a buck or two, which adds up more with time. It's about $0.003 difference per gram, but that adds up and when you push a kg a day, paying 454g rate vs 448g shorts the trimmer $3.

I hate this, btw. I haven't trimmed in a while but would only go back to a shop paying pound rate at 448g.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Play posted:

i'm the guy on the couch just sitting there not listening as all as my friends are insanely high and arguing about the metric and imperial systems in increasingly nonsensical and bizarre ways

Same, I never really weighed my weed unless it was painfully obvious I was getting hosed over. Who gives a poo poo about all these numbers, just smoke the weed

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

This painter up here used to trim and told me trimming was the most boring, repetitive work he'd ever done. Im not sure how painting is a step up

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I used to be the weighing master in that I could eyeball a gram to the closest hundredth 9 out of 10 times

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Fetch me a groatsworth of your finest hemp, shopkeep, and here's a ha'penny for thy pains

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
She can cover 300 hectares on a single tank of kerosene. Put it in H!

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

titty_baby_ posted:

This painter up here used to trim and told me trimming was the most boring, repetitive work he'd ever done. Im not sure how painting is a step up

More physically active. Trimming is mostly sit down and put in headphones work. It's def boring rear end work. Pay can be pretty decent once you're moving a qp an hour through your snips, but that's usually 1099 contract work, so no benefits besides a discount at most.

Any place making people trim with snips but at an hourly rate is meh, but good for getting your foot in a door. Those places tend to lean on trimming machines anyhow.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

you guys like counting??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOMLRMfIYf0

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Anybody have any experience with a stempod/boxmod setup?

I picked both up a few months ago and was loving around with wattage mode but it seemed very spotty. I would combust more often than not and it was not heating everything evenly at all.

I got kanthal coils and switched them in to try temp control but had no idea how to work that and couldn't get vapor. I ended up switching the coils back and using it a couple more times but now it's on the shelf.

Should temp control mode operate like any other vape where I set a temp and go?My boomer rear end can't wrap my tiny brain around this thing.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Kanthal coils don't play nice with temperature control, that could be your problem

Edit: I mean this in general vape terms, I have no personal experience with the stempod

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

DoombatINC posted:

Kanthal coils don't play nice with temperature control, that could be your problem

Edit: I mean this in general vape terms, I have no personal experience with the stempod

I reversed it. Came with kanthal, bought claptons for temp control.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
get high and watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIE9UHdQ1rs

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Critical posted:

I reversed it. Came with kanthal, bought claptons for temp control.
Clapton refers to the shape of the coil, not the material.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Critical posted:

Anybody have any experience with a stempod/boxmod setup?

I picked both up a few months ago and was loving around with wattage mode but it seemed very spotty. I would combust more often than not and it was not heating everything evenly at all.

I got kanthal coils and switched them in to try temp control but had no idea how to work that and couldn't get vapor. I ended up switching the coils back and using it a couple more times but now it's on the shelf.

Should temp control mode operate like any other vape where I set a temp and go?My boomer rear end can't wrap my tiny brain around this thing.

I have one but no longer use it. The tip to even heating is to spin the mouthpiece while you’re heating. It’s not a very novice friendly vape (The RBT one would’ve been better)

Could also try asking for help on the modpodlabs subreddit if you want.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

titty_baby_ posted:

its 2021 and weed has been legal here for several years already, and I still need to pass a piss test for this job because they do a lot of driving and field work in multiple states. Even though the position im applying for would be work from home + an occasional office visit. Thankfully they said the hiring process takes a while, so I can at least smoke up for my birthday this weekend and have enough time to detox after.

My current job said they piss tested and I worked my rear end off to be clean in two weeks. Im thankfully on the skinny side and don't smoke that much. I ran daily, went to the sauna, drank tons of liquids, tested myself, and took a lot of activated charcoal pills (theres a study on it, look it up).

When it got to testing time it turns out they didn't even test for cannabis. I mentioned it to my coworker, who had a background in the cannabis industry, and he said he literally just called HR and asked if they tested for cannabis when he took the job offer.

I was looking for work until about a month ago. I started asking recruiters if the company I was applying for tested for drugs. The recruiters were often external, and they'd tell me yes/no, and they would NEVER tell the company, because why jeopardize your payout for hiring someone? Of course, everyone I asked said no because most companies don't drug test in software.

I started because I went to an interview in December and loving ACED it, and at the end the manager said 'we drug test of course'. Dude I'm a software developer. In California. The recruiter actually worked directly for the company, and said "sorry yeah I like to tell people later" (so they're invested, I suppose). "Yes, we DO test for weed specifically. I smoke too but lol I just stopped for 2 weeks and it was fine" when I said to her "what? You drug test? I smoke weed!", and I WAS invested! I was ready to try anything! Then I read that if you're not skinny and smoke more than once a day it'll basically take over a month. I am not skinny and was smoking about twice a day back then. Then I realised, "yeah gently caress it, I am not the kind of person who does this poo poo, and anyway what if they drug test me at random later? I don't want it hanging over my head", and told the recruiter to tell them "no I smoke weed" from me. I haven't brought it up at my new place and they didn't ask. They did a background check, but I knew how that was going to come out so I go the job.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

videos gone now

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

redreader posted:

Then I realised, "yeah gently caress it, I am not the kind of person who does this poo poo, and anyway what if they drug test me at random later? I don't want it hanging over my head", and told the recruiter to tell them "no I smoke weed" from me. I haven't brought it up at my new place and they didn't ask. They did a background check, but I knew how that was going to come out so I go the job.

This was a huge thing at my last retail job. You did a piss test when you started, and then you MIGHT get a random drug test, but you MIGHT NOT as well?? I didn't get one in 2+ years but a few guys got them every couple of months or so. It was stupid loving bullshit because we were register jockeys and sales people and computer technicians. None of these require for someone to be sober, and most of these jobs are best while not sober.

I work in IT now too, for a financial-type company, meaning if they did piss test, we'd lose 40-60% of our workforce. I love that type of security.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Sjs00 posted:

videos gone now

Its back on right now.

If you want to watch trippy mediation videos , here's the channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIwa5jzaUQiZU-aKUKDnLwQ

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Afaik unless you operate heavy machinery or are some sort of federal contractor they normally won't piss test again after the hiring process unless you have some sort of accident on the job where they'd try to pass off liability to you.

Even with the weight it shouldn't be too hard to piss clean after a few weeks. Exercise, sweating, lots of fluids, and activated charcoal does wonders. You can also try the niacin flush but that seems like a gamble to me to have to balance the liquids and the vitamins for optimal dilution and piss color. Theres also fake pee or using others piss.

When I dropped out of college and moved home I was desperate for a job and got a stocking position at home depot. I knew I couldn't beat the test so soon, so I paid my friends little brother for his piss, then filled a condom with it, kept it warm in a thermos, and snuck it into the clinic in my underwear with a needle in belt to drain it. I hosed up and got piss like, all over the seat, and since your not allowed to flush I had to clean it as best I could with toilet paper and then smuggle the piss soaked paper out so it wasn't suspicious.

I passed the test, but got an interview for a way better job that involved me driving around all day but didn't piss test. I took the other job the day before I was to start at home depot and left the manager a message saying sorry. Its strange that a job stocking shelves required a piss test, but one where you drive around all day with a nuclear hydroprobe did not

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I have been high all day every day for at least the past year, I have no idea how long it would take for me to piss clean. I'm not that fat at least.

But if I had to take a test I think I would have to get fake piss to have any confidence of passing without at least a month t-break.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

titty_baby_ posted:

Its strange that a job stocking shelves required a piss test, but one where you drive around all day with a nuclear hydroprobe did not

imo there is no really justification for a piss or hair test at any job

obviously there are plenty of jobs that shouldn't be done while currently high but that's not what the piss test measures, and i don't see a problem with a pilot or heavy machine operator or driver or whatever smoking weed on their off time

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Ror posted:

I have been high all day every day for at least the past year, I have no idea how long it would take for me to piss clean. I'm not that fat at least.

But if I had to take a test I think I would have to get fake piss to have any confidence of passing without at least a month t-break.

I have to take a drug screen for a medication I take and when I asked my doctor if it picked up the marijuana, she told me I passed with flying colors. Wouldn't tell me what that meant but I'll take it as a positive

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah I was looking up fake piss and I actually bought some piss tests to see how I did, and the first one I took I pissed clean after drinking a lot of water, and after not smoking for a week I was still pissing 'dirty' with a non-super-hydrated bladder, so I thought 'nope!'. And I thought that the fake piss was a ridiculous thing to have to do so I didn't do it. It's a loving coding job. What the gently caress (for a medical company)

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
If you're just going to brute force a test by drinking water, go to a GNC and buy some creatine monohydrate and a b vitamin complex to take with it.

This will not beat a lab test, if it goes near GC/MS you will get dinged. It's only good for the quick tests like you bought. Anything going to a lab needs to be substituted if you've smoked recently.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

redreader posted:

I was looking for work until about a month ago. I started asking recruiters if the company I was applying for tested for drugs. The recruiters were often external, and they'd tell me yes/no, and they would NEVER tell the company, because why jeopardize your payout for hiring someone? Of course, everyone I asked said no because most companies don't drug test in software.

I started because I went to an interview in December and loving ACED it, and at the end the manager said 'we drug test of course'. Dude I'm a software developer. In California. The recruiter actually worked directly for the company, and said "sorry yeah I like to tell people later" (so they're invested, I suppose). "Yes, we DO test for weed specifically. I smoke too but lol I just stopped for 2 weeks and it was fine" when I said to her "what? You drug test? I smoke weed!", and I WAS invested! I was ready to try anything! Then I read that if you're not skinny and smoke more than once a day it'll basically take over a month. I am not skinny and was smoking about twice a day back then. Then I realised, "yeah gently caress it, I am not the kind of person who does this poo poo, and anyway what if they drug test me at random later? I don't want it hanging over my head", and told the recruiter to tell them "no I smoke weed" from me. I haven't brought it up at my new place and they didn't ask. They did a background check, but I knew how that was going to come out so I go the job.

good gently caress those people. drug testing for weed is a human rights violation in my book

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Picked up some Brownie Scout at the dispensary and they gave me a free lighter because the gal behind the counter is super nice and likes me :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I've got a med card appointment this weekend. I legit have crazy joint pain in my shoulder and knee and thumb (dumb, fat, games, respectively)

Hopefully chronic pain/ arthritis at 33 is enough. The weed is good for this stuff.