Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"
Big 10 year auction tomorrow. Goes well and the bull market will keep on keeping on. Goes badly and tech is gonna hurt. Buy QQQ weekly puts and long dated calls end of day today imo.

Not directly relevant probably but IWM being used as a proxy for value stocks is flat wrong, there’s probably more value stocks in the index than in SPY but the PE of the entire index is negative, biggest holding is PLUG, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LibCrusher
Jan 6, 2019

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah I got back in after seeing that 3/19 post on Reddit. Doubled my 1k bet so I’m stoked.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Pillowpants posted:

I’m planning on moving some of my play money to meme stocks Monday for this very reason.

This has turned out to be very fruitful.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Can we go back to running negative Cathie Wood stories about her craziness and everyone fleeing her funds please

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Shear Modulus posted:

Can we go back to running negative Cathie Wood stories about her craziness and everyone fleeing her funds please

No. Im Cathie.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Oscar Wild posted:

No. Im Cathie.

Im Cathie

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

https://twitter.com/RampCapitalLLC/status/1369304538910490627

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Yes, Yes, flee the market, very uncertain indeed. Buy safe haven assets like AIU and SLV, finally getting my money back on them!

Jimong5
Oct 3, 2005

If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!
Grimey Drawer
ENPH corrected down hard and I bought the dip, it’s enjoying a nice bounce back today. Still about -15% from where it was last week.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Flea Bargain posted:

I'm the idiot who got in at 104 on GME. I've got a sell order in now for half my shares that covers my investment and a little bit on top. Feel like I won a coin flip, but I'm too chicken to let it all ride.

Did you get out with profit? Then you won. Wondering what could have been will make you the bag holder.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

This pile of AGTC I bought at 7.52 is going to pay off any day now!

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

How angry is Michael Burry that his long bet that GME would go from $6 to about $40 and was fairly ballsy but smart has instead made him vastly more money but only because dumb redditors created momentum out of nowhere.

Red7
Sep 10, 2008
Haha - that is impressive volume on AAPL at the moment.

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost

jokes posted:

Im Cathie

We are all Cathie from Tropoja Los Angeles

Owlspiracy
Nov 4, 2020

Alchenar posted:

How angry is Michael Burry that his long bet that GME would go from $6 to about $40 and was fairly ballsy but smart has instead made him vastly more money but only because dumb redditors created momentum out of nowhere.

he sold gme in december

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Alchenar posted:

Is there any evidence that GME momentum is really due to reddit and retail investors?

I'm still convinced this is just hedge fund v hedge fund, and retail along for the ride.

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost

MetaJew posted:

this is just hedge fund v hedge fund, and retail along for the ride.
The stock market in a nutshell :amen:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You know as dumb as GME has been, another human being paid me $120 for a gif of an NBA player today. Thank you Sabonis!

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Got in GME at 145, got out at 235.69.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!
gently caress, do I really have to buy GME again?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
All my stuff is green.

I'm almost back at what I had after dumping my fat weed stonk profits despite the AGTC red pit of despair.

I'm scared. :ohdear:

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Come on, NDRA, go to $2.45 again please

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Red7 posted:

Haha - that is impressive volume on AAPL at the moment.

Apple is rumored to be doing an event on the 23rd where they are rumored to announce AirTags, maybe new AirPods, maybe a new iPad, maybe all of those, or maybe none of them. I don't have any numbers but I feel like AAPL always rises before an event and crashes on the days they announce stuff just because it doesn't match expectations 100%, even though they'll go on to sell millions of them and make billions in profit.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

this is great

https://twitter.com/Valuations_/status/1369330114870177793?s=20

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Jimong5 posted:

ENPH corrected down hard and I bought the dip, it’s enjoying a nice bounce back today. Still about -15% from where it was last week.
I bought some TAN on the way down, should have waited longer, but hindsight etc etc.

I've had a little in SEDG for about a year and a half now. Been a fun (bumpy) run up!

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I just realized that my 401k and roth both have more than enough exposure to AAPL through ETFs, wtf am I doing trading it with stonks money too

I did average down a bit today premarket but I think it's time for it to get to 140 again so I can grab some profit and get back to much stupider plays :dukedoge:

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Syrinxx posted:

I just realized that my 401k and roth both have more than enough exposure to AAPL through ETFs, wtf am I doing trading it with stonks money too

https://www.tdameritrade.com/education/tools-and-calculators/morningstar-instant-xray.page

is a good tool for seeing that w/ ETFs

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Syrinxx posted:

I did average down a bit today premarket but I think it's time for it to get to 140 again so I can grab some profit and get back to much stupider plays :dukedoge:
who cares as long as number goes up

i have absolutely zero concerns about whether something i day trade is in my vanguard TR fund

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Is there a reason you would buy a short term otm option like this, this far before the event? Aren’t you paying a bit of a premium for the theta?

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
I bought a share of GME way too high, mainly just to feel something. And I held onto it so in like 30 years I could tweet about how I had finally realized profit on it or something but here we go.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Everything I still own today is up from when I bought it! That always feels great! AAPL rebounding means I didn't get to pick any up at 112 but finding out I've made a tiny bit of money on the shares I picked up earlier is not an unwelcome surprise!

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Is there a reason you would buy a short term otm option like this, this far before the event? Aren’t you paying a bit of a premium for the theta?

it was a total gamble that I just closed for a lunch money loss

I may re-open it later

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

bollig posted:

I bought a share of GME way too high, mainly just to feel something. And I held onto it so in like 30 years I could tweet about how I had finally realized profit on it or something but here we go.

You get a whole special section on the tax form your broker sends you if you hold something that goes bankrupt, as I learned with GNC.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
The KHC and JETS puts I sold weren't aggressive enough, sould have sold them deeper in the money/shorter expiration. They're almost out of/ blown past the strike price. Silly me leaving money on the table.

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

You can also realize a loss on it by donating it to your bank or something. I've done it once when I was bag holding some half dead marijuana company that had halted trading but wanted the loss this year.

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

DASH is very much *not* crashing.

Jalumibnkrayal
Apr 16, 2008

Ramrod XTreme
So Roblox will be offering 199M shares, opening price will be made public after market close today. Ticker will be RBLX.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Not sure if I'm looking at ES, NQ or GME tbh.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Jalumibnkrayal posted:

So Roblox will be offering 199M shares, opening price will be made public after market close today. Ticker will be RBLX.

https://twitter.com/IPODave/status/1369345991493697542

Huh. I'd be afraid to jump in at $60-70, but maybe the first few days of activity will justify the gamble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Jalumibnkrayal posted:

So it trades at market open and not some other time?