Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

feedmegin posted:

My fleabag cost me something like £20 (no chip though and I had to have his nuts cut off myself). They got more from me upselling me on the luxury cat bed they swore wasn't like other cat beds and the kitten would actually use it.

Did he? Has he at any point in the last 9 years? Has he gently caress.

What were you doing with his nuts attached to you in the first place?!?!?!

4+6=10. Yes.

bessantj fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Mar 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

bessantj posted:

What were you doing with his nuts attached to you in the first place?!?!?!

He and I are VERY CLOSE ok

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Second day of schools being back properly and the trains were too busy on the way home for social distancing to be possible.
We are all hosed.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

We got our Tess a cradle/sling/hammock thing that hooks onto a radiator. She had to be physically encouraged to try it but now she knows what it's about you can't keep her out of it. After she started using it we tried hooking it onto a different, equally warm radiator, but she just went back to where it used to be and curled up on the floor under it in the world's most pathetic protest.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

Dead Goon posted:

My brother and sister cats were from the RSPCA.

It was very easy.

Good for you but it's clearly not "very easy" if, for example, you lived here in Edinburgh then the only listing on their website that isn't an individual adult cat are a group of adult sphinx cats that have ongoing serious health problems.

https://www.scottishspca.org/rehome/rehome-find-a-pet?type[27]=27&gclid=Cj0KCQiA1pyCBhCtARIsAHaY_5cq_NbT8CkD8C0IoMO46W_aux2vJpnK2VElFVCJnd-xqf4LxSaqN6oaApBZEALw_wcB

edit: lol they have a url encoded parameter with square brackets in who made that website

edit2: It's also not clear what all these people lecturing others on getting cats off gumtree think will happen to all these kittens born to normal households with a female cat. Very few listings I ever saw on gumtree would be from what you could consider a "breeder".

Lord of the Llamas fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Mar 9, 2021

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

kingturnip posted:

Second day of schools being back properly and the trains were too busy on the way home for social distancing to be possible.
We are all hosed.

same as it ever was
same as it ever was
same as it ever was
same as it ever was

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

feedmegin posted:

He and I are VERY CLOSE ok

This is some weird psudo-human centipede thing :stonklol:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

GMB Piers is dead. Long live GBN Piers.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Would Neil be able to share the limelight enough to hire Piers?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

stev posted:

GBN Piers
Wishing him best of luck in his new home.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I imagine hes already had the job offer which would explain him going full Piers Morgan all week.

Pencils R Cool
Feb 16, 2011
Just going to sit back and chuckle at the incoming predictable Angry Right-Wing Talking Head Discourse that's likely to spew forth from the gaping mouths of prophets Shartley-Pooer, The Forehead and Darren '400 IQ' Grimes.

They didn't give a gently caress about him hacking the phone of a dead schoolgirl. They didn't give a gently caress about him photoshopping up fake war crimes of Are Boys. Getting sacked from the telly? Woke Namby Pamby PeeSee Libby Wibby Britain has gone to the dogs along with the toy potato's cock and balls. End of western civilisation.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
He hasn't been sacked though, he was just doing enough to get his contract terminated so he can go work for GB news.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Borrovan posted:

CW for transphobia: the terf "1+1=2" slogan is the most infuriating example of this, because they're basically flat-out admitting that they're just axiomatically assuming that they're right (e: & also because its monstrous). All of the other terf arguments are derived from a false assumption, and you can't argue with the fuckers because it's a loving axiom to them. There's just no point in engaging with these types of argument, people always try to challenge the extra steps papering over the core assumption and it's just a waste of time. "[x assumption] is bullshit, gently caress off" is about all you can say.

I regret to inform you you are entirely correct, and as evidence I offer the anecdote of a friend going maximum TERF at me via text like 2h ago for calling a transphobe dumb on the internet, then blocking me after I pointed out I don't accept her basic assumptions on who is a ~biological~ woman as an excuse to take out her issues on trans women.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

I imagine hes already had the job offer which would explain him going full Piers Morgan all week.

Na he ate poo poo.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

suck my woke dick posted:

I regret to inform you you are entirely correct, and as evidence I offer the anecdote of a friend going maximum TERF at me via text like 2h ago for calling a transphobe dumb on the internet, then blocking me after I pointed out I don't accept her basic assumptions on who is a ~biological~ woman as an excuse to take out her issues on trans women.

I appreciate your username in the context of this post. Condolences on your falling out though.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

serious gaylord posted:

Yeah he was being pretty arsey to his cohost for the last week. Just outright talking over her more than usual. It's been building up as with squabbling live on air as if he didn't give a poo poo for a while.

It was enjoyable to see him tearing into the Tories, but nothing was gained from it because he as a person is a belligerent turd that no-one really 'follows'.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Nonsense posted:

Na he ate poo poo.

I doubt it. It's gonna be exactly like when Clarkson got fired for punching that producer. My theory is he'd already come to an arrangement with the producer - the guy got a 100k payout. Even if Clarkson had had to pay all of this personally (I think some was paid by the BBC), he now makes 10m quid/year with Amazon.

Same poo poo with Piers. Confected outrage and cancel culture is *immensely* profitable. Probably more profitable than any other route right now, for somebody who already has a media profile.

Clarkson's wasn't really about that, it was just getting out of his BBC contract.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Nonsense posted:

Na he ate poo poo.
His only 'public' response since the news broke has been a twitter post that was a gif of a ticking clock, dunno if anything's already inked but I'd bet that before too long he'll get a prime slot on TalkRadio or wherever as a platform to do the I HAVE BEEN SILENCED! routine for as long as he likes.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

His Divine Shadow posted:

Paying for a cat is good actually. Cats being free is one of the biggest reasons they are seen as disposable pets by many. Thanks to being able to get money for kittens my mothers 80 year old neighbor could afford to have the mother spayed.

I don't think a cat lacking a precise monetary value is why people consider them "disposable. "

If someone neglects (or worse yet tortured and kills) a cat, that's not going to be stopped by putting a minimum value on them.
You fight that with education or raising awareness and basically try to get people to stop being dickheads who think it's okay to drown cats or use them as methods of training dogs for fight rings.

The free hand of the market isn't going to remove animal cruelty.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Problem with disposable cats is they all end up in the ocean and now you have that huge floating cat raft in the Pacific Gyre, scaring the fish. I got a cat for life and it's still going strong years later.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Maugrim posted:

I appreciate your username in the context of this post. Condolences on your falling out though.

It was kind of sad because she's intelligent and non lovely on other issues only to go into idiotic beast mode over PENISES! IN WOMEN'S SPACES!

It was also hilarious because she couldn't resist asking if I'm a trans man because why would I care about trans issues so much, after I told her it's because I know and care about trans people who are facing problems she told me I need to talk to real feminists about real woman problems faced by real women in need of real feminism, and in the end she said she'd never talk to a cis man about this topic again because not just me but several men before me have told her to knock that poo poo off. Should've asked her which men specifically because they sound alright and I want to be friends with them instead :lol::lol::lol:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

WhatEvil posted:

Confected outrage and cancel culture is *immensely* profitable. Probably more profitable than any other route right now, for somebody who already has a media profile.
:agreed:
You don't even need a real media profile, you can just spew hot takes all over alt right """news""" sites and collect money for how the cultural marxists would have totally cancelled you if you'd ever published outside the alt right bubble. Milo whatshisname would still be raking in the outrage cash if he hadn't said he thinks pedos are good actually.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Maybe we could trial minimum feline unit pricing in Scotland or something.

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib

big scary monsters posted:

Problem with disposable cats is they all end up in the ocean and now you have that huge floating cat raft in the Pacific Gyre, scaring the fish. I got a cat for life and it's still going strong years later.

They've watched us, learned our habits. Grown themselves together into a machine indistinguishable from our own creations. Infiltrated our society, drawing closer. Waiting for the moment to pounce.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

sebzilla posted:

I'm sure Tescos will be doing them by the pound weight soon.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

happyhippy posted:

I'm sure Tescos will be doing them by the pound weight soon.

A step back to our Imperial days.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

sebzilla posted:

A cat should be priced no less than 60% of a dog.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I have a question for UKMT goons who work in games, I know there's a couple at least. I've asked my new job this question as my first day was ending but am curious so thought I'd ask. They've given me a PC to work from home on but it's absolutely massive, doesn't fit into the only area suitable as a workspace at all and is also worse than my actual PC performance wise. I'm not sure if it's mandatory which is what I've asked them. Is there a great reason why it would be? I guess like, security concerns and if they want to monitor me would be the main reasons. They only had it delivered today in the afternoon after I started and didn't give me any measurements or I'd have flagged it up beforehand obviously.

Either way I've already asked so hopefully I don't seem like a complete loving moron or massive whiney bastard to them. Mainly just curious.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Endjinneer posted:

They've watched us, learned our habits. Grown themselves together into a machine indistinguishable from our own creations. Infiltrated our society, drawing closer. Waiting for the moment to pounce.

The SeaCat was so cool, I took it from Troon a couple times. Bring back that and the Dover-Calais hovercraft, all the ferry services are boring now.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

big scary monsters posted:

The SeaCat was so cool, I took it from Troon a couple times. Bring back that and the Dover-Calais hovercraft, all the ferry services are boring now.

You can get a fast cat and a hovercraft to the Isle of Wight because south coast = best coast

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Don't forget the hydrofoils
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDoI4R3z-2g

e: In fact, bring in an ekranoplan service too

sebzilla posted:

They should do something like the dog licence but for cats, no idea what you'd call it though.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

suck my woke dick posted:

A cat should be priced no less than 60% of a dog.

I read ages ago that at one point the fine for killing a good mouser was enough grain to cover the cat when it was held up by its tail with its front paws touching the floor. Think it might have been the vikings.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
terf island continues

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56338666

quote:

Part of the census guidance for England and Wales accompanying the question on a person's sex should be withdrawn, a High Court judge has ordered.

Campaign group Fair Play for Women argued the guidance unlawfully allowed "self-identification" as another sex.

The guidance says people can use the sex listed on their passport - which can be changed without a legal process.

meanwhile every trans person will self-id their gender on the form anyway because who's going to stop us, but they got an official proclamation that trans people can gently caress off so a win for them, i guess

you even need a doctor's note to change your passport! it's not even self-id! imagine if facts existed and were paid attention to

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

Lord of the Llamas posted:

Good for you but it's clearly not "very easy" if, for example, you lived here in Edinburgh then the only listing on their website that isn't an individual adult cat are a group of adult sphinx cats that have ongoing serious health problems.

https://www.scottishspca.org/rehome/rehome-find-a-pet?type[27]=27&gclid=Cj0KCQiA1pyCBhCtARIsAHaY_5cq_NbT8CkD8C0IoMO46W_aux2vJpnK2VElFVCJnd-xqf4LxSaqN6oaApBZEALw_wcB

edit: lol they have a url encoded parameter with square brackets in who made that website

edit2: It's also not clear what all these people lecturing others on getting cats off gumtree think will happen to all these kittens born to normal households with a female cat. Very few listings I ever saw on gumtree would be from what you could consider a "breeder".

I think they all have reduced listings during lockdown though? I adopted mine from Lothian Cat Rescue a couple of years ago, at the time there were some 30 cats they were looking to rehome and there were 2 pairs of siblings among those. Right now there's only two cats listed total though and the shelter is closed to rehoming.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Total Meatlove posted:

You can get a fast cat and a hovercraft to the Isle of Wight because south coast = best coast

Well that's all well and good, but then afterwards I'd be on the Isle of Wight.*

*I have no idea if the Isle of Wight is bad, everything I know about it comes from ShaneMacGowansTeeth's posts ITT.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

thebardyspoon posted:

I have a question for UKMT goons who work in games, I know there's a couple at least. I've asked my new job this question as my first day was ending but am curious so thought I'd ask. They've given me a PC to work from home on but it's absolutely massive, doesn't fit into the only area suitable as a workspace at all and is also worse than my actual PC performance wise. I'm not sure if it's mandatory which is what I've asked them. Is there a great reason why it would be? I guess like, security concerns and if they want to monitor me would be the main reasons. They only had it delivered today in the afternoon after I started and didn't give me any measurements or I'd have flagged it up beforehand obviously.

Either way I've already asked so hopefully I don't seem like a complete loving moron or massive whiney bastard to them. Mainly just curious.

Congrats on starting your new job in the industry!

If it's a small indie outfit they will likely be fine with you using your own PC. Bigger studios, especially publisher-owned with their own IT department, may well have set up the work-supplied PC with licensed software and a standard security profile - if they're tight for licenses I guess you could run into pushback against installing something on an additional machine. However if it literally doesn't fit the space I'm sure they will find a way to accommodate you.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
wonder what glinner's up to

https://twitter.com/ryanjohnbutcher/status/1369314488051204116

:owned:

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Yes but have you imagined what would happen if someone with *whispers* a willy got into the ladies toilets???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

This you?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JjtR9oJlLQ