Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

dreamless
Dec 18, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

Hey disc room owns. Anyone else play it?

I did. It's real good! Games about staying alive as long as you can stress me out, but "stay alive for ten seconds, twenty seconds for a bonus" is just the right amount. You do one room, go on to the next, it never overstays its welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Rarity posted:

Accessing support is hard cause no one has the resources to meet demand and waiting for appointments feels like being in limbo. I know it's tough, it's also much better to have started the process than not

I'm just finding the process is getting me deeper into a dark hole. These people are mostly polite, but I think they could be a bit more sensitive. Today felt like I was regressing to some of my toughest periods.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
if nothing else I'm glad you post here

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

thanks and sorry. i just didn't know what to do with myself today.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Rinkles you are fantastic and you can always post here.

This goes for any and everyone who might be feeling down. We are a big old community and we care about everyone here and it is one of my favourite things about Games.

—-

Is there someone who can think of a catchy title for my Tuesday evening souls streaming? I have Friday Night souls and Soul Sunday but I cannot quite think of anything for tuesdays.

Also just finishing my dinner before I get into exploring oolacile nore :3:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Rinkles posted:

thanks and sorry. i just didn't know what to do with myself today.

That's a feeling I know extremely well. You don't have to apologize for needing somewhere to just... get stuff of your chest, y'know?

VideoGames posted:

This goes for any and everyone who might be feeling down. We are a big old community and we care about everyone here and it is one of my favourite things about Games.

:hmmyes:

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Rinkles posted:

I'm just finding the process is getting me deeper into a dark hole. These people are mostly polite, but I think they could be a bit more sensitive. Today felt like I was regressing to some of my toughest periods.

i'm right there with you bud, bad days are bad but depression bad days are loving dire

i'm trying to focus on giving myself permission to say gently caress it and do whatever I feel like I need to do because tomorrow or the next day it'll be better and I can move on. it helps to try and remember last week when I felt okay as a reminder that "oh hey i don't actually always feel like this"

anyway i hope you find the right shrink, I went through half a dozen bad experiences before landing on someone who rules. keep at it! but not today, today you can just say gently caress it!

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

VideoGames posted:

Rinkles you are fantastic and you can always post here.

—-

Is there someone who can think of a catchy title for my Tuesday evening souls streaming? I have Friday Night souls and Soul Sunday but I cannot quite think of anything for tuesdays.

Also just finishing my dinner before I get into exploring oolacile nore :3:

This forum has been a good lifeline for my mental health over the last year. Hell over the last 5!

And... Tuesday Torment?

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

I've posted this question in a couple other threads, but never got a response, so sorry if you're seeing this again:

Has anyone had any experience with playing the Windows 10 versions of the Neo Geo Arcade Archives games by Hamster? Just want to know if the emulation is good/if there's any reason to pick up the other console versions instead of the Windows one? I know the Windows store/xbox app has its own issues, I'm just curious about the quality of the ports themselves.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

In the spirit of optimism and good feels, I will say:

After spending about twenty-five hours in it this past week, I will declare that Hades approaches what I would call a perfect game, I can perceive no flabby bits, no bummers, no wasted potential, no misses of any kind. I love every single element of its graphical style, its voice acting, its character design, its dialogue, its mechanics, its gameplay loop, it’s rare to find a game that attempts to do so much and excels at all of it

Yes, Supergiant finally made a game I like

Can’t believe no one on this entire forum has ever spoken up about this gem of a game

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
If it ever becomes clear that Hades will remain a PC and Switch exclusive forever I will be very sad, I've been assuming it will eventually come to PS4 all along

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

After spending about twenty-five hours in it this past week, I will declare that Hades approaches what I would call a perfect game, I can perceive no flabby bits, no bummers, no wasted potential, no misses of any kind. I love every single element of its graphical style, its voice acting, its character design, its dialogue, its mechanics, its gameplay loop, it’s rare to find a game that attempts to do so much and excels at all of it

Can’t believe no one on this entire forum has ever spoken up about this gem of a game

Styx kinda sucks but yeah it's pretty good

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Real hurthling! posted:

Hey disc room owns. Anyone else play it?

SexRex talked me into it on New Years, it was a great start to the year. That dev has an incredible grasp of "come up with a dumb mechanic and wring it dry for 2-3 hours."

e: If it's not clear, the Disc Room dev also made Minit, my 2018 2nd place goty.

VideoGames posted:

Tuesday T-Posing

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

2020's best kept secret

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Jay Rust posted:

It continues to surprise me well past the credit roll, there is a shitload of content in this game.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

xedo posted:

This forum has been a good lifeline for my mental health over the last year.

Yeah, if people like you, it's a great place.

If people think you're a re-reg of someone they hate, it's not a great place :(

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i like you simone but i need you to know i always say your name sim-one

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

The only thing I wish Hades had was more dungeon themes. By the time I reached the end of the storyline, the handful of dungeon layouts overstayed their welcome and I was getting tired of seeing them. This is nothing new for action RPGs, but Hades is too small. It would have been nice if you saw different layouts, dungeon themes, and bosses on each of the 10 storyline runs, and then repeating dungeons for the end game.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Khanstant posted:

Sim-one (from the movie s1m0ne or whatever) was the first vtuber

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Guessing no one else’s seen that

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Always remember that when it comes to therapy you are allowed to try out different therapists until you find one that you like. Think of a therapist like a pair of shoes. There are plenty of shoes to go try and some fit others better or server purposes that you don't need them for and there's a pair somewhere in your size that will suit your needs.

So if you have the opportunity to, try out as many therapists as you need until you find a good one.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

You just tell them you don’t like them?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Jay Rust posted:

Guessing no one else’s seen that

I got your reference, don't worry

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I always go with the first pair of shoes that fit okay

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I personally haven't done so to their face but I've definitely had bad therapists before (and bad advice/counseling from people who tried to go outside of their doctor-role and play therapist) and it has always been for the best to just switch to someone else if you're not feeling a healthy patient-therapist connection there.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Rinkles posted:

You just tell them you don’t like them?

If you can articulate why it's not working (other than "this person is an idiot" which definitely happens) then yeah. I actually got to my current good shrink by a referral from a shrink I didn't get along with at all.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
IANAT, but second-hand knowledge has informed me that you can tell therapists upfront that you're meeting to evaluate fit, and that firings happen.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I can't remember the last day I wasn't even slightly depressed. It sucks.

Rinkles, you're not alone and add me to the list of people who are willing to listen though I'm just an old man going through my own poo poo.

And Simone Magus, I like you and I'm sorry you felt unwelcome at first. I'm glad you stuck around.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

dreamless posted:

I did. It's real good! Games about staying alive as long as you can stress me out, but "stay alive for ten seconds, twenty seconds for a bonus" is just the right amount. You do one room, go on to the next, it never overstays its welcome.

It also has cool puzzles to solve

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Anyone who is feeling down, you are not alone. Please also count me in as someone who is willing to listen and talk if you want to.
I've been through some dark times before and really do want to help if anyone is feeling similarly.

This community is honestly generally pretty great :)

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Simone you’ve been a good poster the past couple months, keep up the good postin

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

wuggles posted:

Simone you’ve been a good poster the past couple months, keep up the good postin

:yeah:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Every therapist is going to come to their work with their own values and have their own blind spots and that can often conflict with the aims of the client. If part of the reason you feel like poo poo is because you're working class on poverty wages and insecure job that's not gonna be solved by a therapist who believes in bootstraps (for example). You absolutely have the right to see a therapist that is the right fit for you and therapists will be able to deal with you rejecting them.

Like, if you broke your arm you wouldn't wrap the sling around your leg. It's the same thing

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Khanstant posted:

Wait... you mean like sim-won? :psyduck:

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Jay Rust posted:

Sim-one (from the movie s1m0ne or whatever) was the first vtuber

Oh my God I actually do remember that movie

With Al Pacino right? I'm pretty sure it was good, I would remember if it were really bad. From what I can recall it had powerful William Gibson energy

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Simone Magus posted:

Oh my God I actually do remember that movie

With Al Pacino right? I'm pretty sure it was good, I would remember if it were really bad. From what I can recall it had powerful William Gibson energy

Everyone can experience it in AMV (or I guess just MV) form
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsFdJnVU05Q

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I think I have a slight accent and say "one" more like "wun" than "won." Then again, I also say "won" as "wun."

i could be negotiated up to a "shimone" Michael Jackson style

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Simone Magus posted:

Wait... you mean like sim-won? :psyduck:
Aye, Simwae.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Everyone can experience it in AMV (or I guess just MV) form
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsFdJnVU05Q

wow this really is the al pacino vtuber movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot