Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

DGC773 posted:

So what is racist about asking what the skin colour of a child will be? Given Meghans background the baby could have easily been black or white. There was no suggestion that there was any racism, just that a conversation was had with the question about what colour.

The entire interview just seemed like two extremely privileged people trashing the very institution that gave given them this platform. If they hate the Royal Family then why keep the titles?

Charles Prince of Wales, his bare hands and feet caked in poo poo, looking up and smiling at the above message on his bedroom wall, written in diarrhoea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

"MADAME PERCHANCE TO TELL ME YET WHAT SHADE MIGHT THIS UNBORNE OCTOROON IN THY MOORISH WOMB BE?"

Oh that's fine I send that out on Christmas cards, actually.

Ordeith
Oct 26, 2002

If I troll again, I will eat Hello Kitty's brains with a spork

dk2m posted:

i am a minority in the usa and i can tell you that in my travels, germany and the UK are faaaaaaaaaar more racist than my lovely rural town in the midwest. coming back home to america is always a breath of relief.

i dont think you guys really understand how ingrained the idea of racial superiority is in the UK, it was the center point of the largest empire in the history of the world literally less than 100 years ago. that poo poo doesn’t stop overnight.

the brits don’t do racism like america where it’s aggressive and policed - they do it with you agreeing that yes, maybe whites are superior after all and then using the class system to keep you in your place.

and the loving royals are literally the top of that class system in the most obvious way

The UK's class system is also a good place to see what the group of "whites" really is. And their divisions are fetishistic anyway; you can see through the cultivation of accents, and the associations of those accents. The category (whites) seems very broad in the U.S, but is actually quite narrow in the UK.

Yet the greatest level of racism I have ever faced was in China. And the interesting thing is how clearly the racism was conveyed to my face, with aplomb. Seems that some people really do watch Jerry Springer and think that many Americans simply "are that way".

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

:chloe:

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Ordeith posted:

The UK's class system is also a good place to see what the group of "whites" really is. And their divisions are fetishistic anyway; you can see through the cultivation of accents, and the associations of those accents. The category (whites) seems very broad in the U.S, but is actually quite narrow in the UK.

Yet the greatest level of racism I have ever faced was in China. And the interesting thing is how clearly the racism was conveyed to my face, with aplomb. Seems that some people really do watch Jerry Springer and think that many Americans simply "are that way".

Jerry Springer is actually the most accurate representation of America to ever grace television

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
His father is a ginger, there is little doubt the boy would be able to camouflage in snow. It is a snide remark, rather than a genuine question.

Brits do snide very well.

Ordeith
Oct 26, 2002

If I troll again, I will eat Hello Kitty's brains with a spork

old beast lunatic posted:

Jerry Springer is actually the most accurate representation of America to ever grace television

Bill Hicks...is that you?

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??

Collateral posted:

His father is a ginger, there is little doubt the boy would be able to camouflage in snow. It is a snide remark, rather than a genuine question.

Brits do snide very well.

Well obviously.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

What're you chloe'ing ME for? I'm not the one asking or ok'ing this bullshit

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Big Beef City posted:

I meant he should know better than to expect 100% niceness on 'SomethingAwful' after being here for 11 years, by now, ya dork.

drat I can't read I was so ready to reg date poo poo talk my bad

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
:chloe: is the best emoticon for our stupid timeline. Sums up everything really.

Q: What are your thoughts on the state of the world and the future of humanity?
A: :chloe:

Q:What do you think about a family of inbred racists who believe it is god's will to rule over others?
A: :chloe:

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

DGC773 posted:

Given Meghans background the baby could have easily been black or white.

The Sims has a more nuanced understanding of genetics than you do.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
that meme with the man looking stressed in front of two buttons, but the man is God and the buttons are labelled "BLACK" and "WHITE"

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
We're gonna have to change that scene in the second Austin Powers movie so that Fat Bastard screams, "I ATE A BABY! THE OTHER OTHER WHITE-OR-POSSIBLY-BLACK-IT'S-A-COIN-TOSS MEAT!"

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
When I was a young man I attended a presentation by a gentleman named David Icke. During this presentation a woman came up on stage that had allegedly worked in Buckingham Palace in some kind custodial role. She went on to describe in detail times she had witnessed the Queen and Prince Phillip transform into savage lizard-like beings. During these transformations - these metamorphoses - children would be bought in to be devoured alive. Scared the pants off me. I'll never go to Buckingham Palace. No thank you. I'll get my thrills elsewhere.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Isn't the Queen actually less inbred than the average Englishman

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
There are bananas less inbred than the average Englishman.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
150 plus new posts what’s going on...oh just some weird racist poster who can’t help himself

Looks like the royal drama is just starting as Meghan’s dad was on tv across the pond

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012
British racism can be more subtle than other countries sure. Like when my old boss would drop the N bomb in casual conversation and tell people he couldn't wait for brexit so they could all go back home.

you know, subtle.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I was paid by Meghan's dad to protect her innocence and am part of a 8 figure settlement with the Royal Crown to keep it that way please leave me alone.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

In all my travels the british were the people who treated me the worst. Just a total disdain for any foreigners. The first person I spoke to upon landing at the airport in the UK gave me poo poo for daring to stay longer than 2 weeks (Canadians are allowed up to 6 months with no visa), not believing me when I said I could afford to travel, detained me while letting my SO go through. Let me through after making me wait in their holding area for an hour.

Next time I went through the border I figured oh I'll just get a travel visa so all of this is taken care of beforehand. Nope. Even though I told the british government how long I stayed previously, paid for the additional 6 month travel visa, AND got it approved by them. I was still given poo poo by the border agents. These are the first people that a traveler will meet when they visit your country. How do you gently caress this up so hard? It will cloud a visitors entire experience.

Visiting China was easier. They are racist but at least they want your money. Brits seemed like they were doing you a favor for letting you into their country.

No European country gave a poo poo when they saw my Canadian passport. Neither did the US, at least with flights.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

England has been a shadow of its former self since WW1

Scotland and Ireland are still cool though

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Fried Watermelon posted:

In all my travels the british were the people who treated me the worst. Just a total disdain for any foreigners. The first person I spoke to upon landing at the airport in the UK gave me poo poo for daring to stay longer than 2 weeks (Canadians are allowed up to 6 months with no visa), not believing me when I said I could afford to travel, detained me while letting my SO go through. Let me through after making me wait in their holding area for an hour.

Next time I went through the border I figured oh I'll just get a travel visa so all of this is taken care of beforehand. Nope. Even though I told the british government how long I stayed previously, paid for the additional 6 month travel visa, AND got it approved by them. I was still given poo poo by the border agents. These are the first people that a traveler will meet when they visit your country. How do you gently caress this up so hard? It will cloud a visitors entire experience.

Visiting China was easier. They are racist but at least they want your money. Brits seemed like they were doing you a favor for letting you into their country.

No European country gave a poo poo when they saw my Canadian passport. Neither did the US, at least with flights.

I had this in the US, except the guy giving me poo poo was heavily armed.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I wonder why the US is enacting border fencing against Mexico
and the UK is enacting border screening from 'certain countries' as well as children of certain of certain color within its' own family'?

loving Spaniards

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
“Ugh... how dare they muddle our bloodlines” says the family who looks like someone slapped the ever-living gently caress out of the Morrowind character creator.

funeral home DJ fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Mar 9, 2021

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

crispix posted:

yeah i think they spread it on a little too thick with this one

;-*

Is this what they call Peacocking?

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

So if I understand correctly, someone in the royal family was very concerned about how dark their baby's skin was going to be, but they don't want to name this person because it would be bad for that person?

Cowards.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

ben shapino posted:

So if I understand correctly, someone in the royal family was very concerned about how dark their baby's skin was going to be, but they don't want to name this person because it would be bad for that person?

Cowards.

If they out William (the nice Royle) as a raging racist they'll be killed.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm loving the "Royalist with Reddit Avatar" character you've come up with.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Fried Watermelon posted:

Brits seemed like they were doing you a favor for letting you into their country.

I mean we were?

Last time I returned to Britain by car they didnt like the look of me either and took me off into a shed to take my car to bits and really embarrassingly badly ask me the same questions over and over to catch me out.

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

This is only evidence that they (police/society) are less violent in general, not that they are less rascist.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Fried Watermelon posted:

You made a very simple.mistake: visiting the UK

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

gently caress all royals everywhere. If any royal is reading this you can go get hosed.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
*eyes widen in shock as my monocle crashes to the floor*

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Butternubs posted:

British racism can be more subtle than other countries sure. Like when my old boss would drop the N bomb in casual conversation and tell people he couldn't wait for brexit so they could all go back home.

you know, subtle.

Wow.

Thankfully there's no racism at all in England, the font of civilization, so Brexit will never pass!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Ralph Crammed In posted:

gently caress all royals everywhere. If any royal is reading this you can go get hosed.

I'm Prince Jerry of Countballsalot upon Cummington and I am very cross with this post

Sir I demand satisfaction *unzips pants*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Fried Watermelon posted:

That's just luck of the draw I think, I've had poo poo from UK border guards and then some have been the nicest I've met. I've had the worst experiences in France, the middle east and the USA honestly but then I've had US ones being all beaming and smiles. It's a mind killing job though so I don't think judging a country based on their tsa is an accurate read of its people.

Just Chamber fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Mar 9, 2021