Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I beat Dark Souls tonight! Took down Kalameet, Manus, Dark Gwyndolin, Sanctuary Gaurdians and finally lord Gwynn :3: what a rush!

Dark Souls II here I come!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Congratulations!

I should probably get around to playing some of those old souls games...

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

VideoGames posted:

I beat Dark Souls tonight! Took down Kalameet, Manus, Dark Gwyndolin, Sanctuary Gaurdians and finally lord Gwynn :3: what a rush!

:golfclap:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Congratulations!

Well, you don't have to, but you're certainly missing out on some really good games if you don't.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

VideoGames posted:

Wow, that's a lot for one day. What kind of build did you go for?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Congratulations!

They're great games you should play them and post about it, as is customary.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Convex posted:

Wow, that's a lot for one day. What kind of build did you go for?

Just made sure I had decent strength endurance and health and went great club two gander while having the grass crest shield equipped. I pancaked everything :) and I managed to get it up to +15!

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

VideoGames posted:

Oh poo poo awesome VG! You're smashing these games.

Makes me feel pretty tempted to jump back into another run of DS2, you going to be playing Scholar?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
It's the only version of the game that you can really get anymore these days.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I come bearing a new image to ad to the VG av directory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bFOSFCIurA&t=1546s
(it's at 25:50 if the timestamp doesn't work, I'm not pitching a 40 minute video for a single gag again)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

bovis posted:

Oh poo poo awesome VG! You're smashing these games.

Makes me feel pretty tempted to jump back into another run of DS2, you going to be playing Scholar?

I sure am! Got ds2 and ds3 installed on my PS4 ready to play. Same schedule of Tuesday Friday and Sunday while I play through both of them and then Sekiro and then hopefully I will own a ps5 and demons souls :3:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I'm really looking forward to hearing your reaction to Sekiro. It's really not a Soulslike game at all, but considering your playstyle, that might be a very good thing for you.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I think it might help a little if you wait like a week between souls entries, to release a little of that muscle memory so that the tiny control & “gamefeel” changes between games don’t hurt as bad

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

VideoGames posted:

Just made sure I had decent strength endurance and health and went great club two gander while having the grass crest shield equipped. I pancaked everything :) and I managed to get it up to +15!

Oh nice! I went with the Artorias set with a maxed out black knight halberd which mostly smashed everything to pieces :)

Weedle
May 31, 2006

the main thing i remember about s1m0ne was that they couldn't get anybody recognizable to play simone because they marketed it as though she was a virtual actor like aki ross

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Congrats VG!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Congratulations!

They are better to play if you post through them, yes

Weedle
May 31, 2006

VideoGames posted:

congrats! did you kill chester for his sweet duds

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Convex posted:

Oh nice! I went with the Artorias set with a maxed out black knight halberd which mostly smashed everything to pieces :)

Smashing things to pieces is fun. By the end of my last playthrough I was switching between a Divine Zweihander and a Titanite Catch Pole and I felt like God, at least when I wasn't being Wheel Skeleton'd.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Thing is, I am kinda biased now towards games that have food recipes in them.

I have Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin coming in lol

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Sakuna is great

Toast King
Jun 22, 2007

Speaking of therapy + being someone who doesn't post much, tomorrow is my first sessions after putting off dealing with some level of anxiety/depression issues for 10 years or more. I'm sort of looking forward to it? Once I'd made the appointment it was a good feeling and it's nice that things are very subsidised here.

And for videogame content, maybe it'll help with the feelings of staring at 2-3 games I know I like playing and then just sitting on my phone feeling like I don't have enough time or effort to decide on anything. So that could be a nice bonus.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Toast King posted:

Speaking of therapy + being someone who doesn't post much, tomorrow is my first sessions after putting off dealing with some level of anxiety/depression issues for 10 years or more. I'm sort of looking forward to it? Once I'd made the appointment it was a good feeling and it's nice that things are very subsidised here.
Good on you! I'm wishing you all the best with that.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Oh goddamn literally everything in dragon quest is a pun

There's a crafting material that's been around at least since 7 or 8, anyway I just now realized even it is a loving pun

SMALL SCALE

I'm dying lol

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Simone Magus posted:

You only realized that now?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I love Dragon Quest so much

Gonna have to replay 8 sometime soon

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Cardiovorax posted:

You only realized that now?

Look, sometimes a scale is just a scale.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Miles Prower...

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I beat discroom Its a frickn good 3 hrs

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Harrow posted:

I love Dragon Quest so much

Gonna have to replay 8 sometime soon

I miss my DS, I wanna replay 4 and 5

I mean yeah I can just :filez: on my phone but it just isn't very comfortable without real buttons

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Okay I have finally finished all of my math homework AKA beating Loop Hero

the game is very fun but there is a lot to know and it feels very good to go from looking at people's screenshots and saying "I don't know how it is physically possible to do what you did" to then totally breaking the game over your knee

NumptyScrub
Aug 22, 2004

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(

Simone Magus posted:

There's a crafting material that's been around at least since 7 or 8, anyway I just now realized even it is a loving pun

SMALL SCALE

I'm dying lol

11 S is my first Dragon Quest (playing YLAD and learning DQ was an inspiration was the trigger that finally got me to try it) and the names are amazing, I have no idea how I managed to sleep on this series so long :allears:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
https://twitter.com/ChadRook/status/1369442458099191817

Sure

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Wait is that a Capcom movie not directed by Paul W.S. Anderson?

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Esident Vil

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

NumptyScrub posted:

11 S is my first Dragon Quest (playing YLAD and learning DQ was an inspiration was the trigger that finally got me to try it) and the names are amazing, I have no idea how I managed to sleep on this series so long :allears:

Probably my favorite thing about LAD’s localization besides the quality dub is that they cared enough to make all the enemy names dumb Dragon Quest poo poo, like naming the pirate guys Pier Reviewer and Captain Cruncher.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Miles Prower...

gently caress

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Thought back to the fact that I still needed to make one more of the six dialogue-relevant meals in 13 Sentinels:

1. Yakisoba Pan
2. Hamburg Steak
3. Nikuman
4. Crepes
5. Hot Dog
6. Ice Cream

(I'm not making ice cream. Well maybe when it's summer)

https://twitter.com/cleargatewest/status/1355054294370664453

Served with a side of stir-fried broccoli and carrot. The bun was slathered with some of the tonkatsu sauce from yesterday (ketchup, worcestershire sauce, oyster sauce). Sweet Italian sausage, topped with chopped caramelized onions, kimchi, and sauteed scallions.

Really good... the sweetness of the brioche and tonkatsu sauce melded with the salt/sharpness of the onions and kimchi, unified harmoniously with each bite

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm hype for Esident Vil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Served with a side of stir-fried broccoli and carrot. The bun was slathered with some of the tonkatsu sauce from yesterday (ketchup, worcestershire sauce, oyster sauce). Sweet Italian sausage, topped with chopped caramelized onions, kimchi, and sauteed scallions.

Really good... the sweetness of the brioche and tonkatsu sauce melded with the salt/sharpness of the onions and kimchi, unified harmoniously with each bite
This looks excellent, I'm trying that one too.