Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

hbag posted:

gonna be a pretty fuckin short movie then considering the bear died like 2 minutes after ingesting the coke or some poo poo

wait until you find out how long the incident the movie sully is based on lasted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

duz posted:

wait until you find out how long the incident the movie sully is based on lasted

im like 18 years old i have literally never watched that movie tbh

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

Sagebrush posted:

that's what i heard too. that writer would have gotten royalties on every episode of voyager.

it's not true apparently, they were staff writers so they didn't get royalties.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

hbag posted:

im like 18 years old

wtf

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

yeah, seconding and adding that as an adult worf's story is more interesting. watching his career shifts and him coming to terms with how his life goes from highs to lows to middles is more relatable

as a kid he seemed moody and a bit flat but as an adult i can relate to his often reasonable suggestions being ignored by management. sisko is like a new manager that listens to his ideas and he rounds out nicely in that environment

it also nicely rounded out michael dorn's fighter jet fund so everybody wins

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

it's not true apparently, they were staff writers so they didn't get royalties.

i'd heard it was some complication with rights or something related to upn as a joint venture and it was easier to scrap the connection but keep the character. maybe who got what cut in syndication? seems like the kind of poo poo they'd worry about considering star trek's lock on rerun
blocks at the time

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

you're gonna poo poo your pants when you figure out that means i was born after 9/11

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Okay what the hell you doing here with all of these old farts then?

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

Okay what the hell you doing here with all of these old farts then?

Posting Goodly, Bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I find it hard to believe there's an 18 year old posting here

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

hbag posted:

Posting Goodly, Bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you don't know this lady well enough to call her bitch and keep your teeth so watch it

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
worfs long-term arc is one of the best in trek

hes the klingon version of a weeaboo who grew up believing in all that honor and duty and the klingon warrior way stuff and built himself up to be the best version of that he could be, and then he met actual klingons and discovered that actual klingon society at the high levels is as political and corrupt and morally compromised as any human society and he has to find a way to reconcile those two opposites

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

And you don't know this lady well enough to call her bitch and keep your teeth so watch it

what no i didnt mean bitch like that im not an rear end in a top hat
jesus

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

are we going to have this conversation in every thread he kramers into

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

PCjr sidecar posted:

the fact people hosed after the year 2000 seems to endlessly baffle people on backwater forums

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

you get these children of men reactions because kids don’t show up here for the same reasons they don’t show up at the masons or elks

also because you spend more time talking about how young you are than deep cover chris hansen does

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

PCjr sidecar posted:

pee pee

doo-doo

he is a bad poster

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

hbag posted:

you're gonna poo poo your pants when you figure out that means i was born after 9/11

I was conceived as a direct result of 9/11

mystes
May 31, 2006

PCjr sidecar posted:

you get these children of men reactions because kids don’t show up here for the same reasons they don’t show up at the masons or elks

also because you spend more time talking about how young you are than deep cover chris hansen does
He's mentioned it a couple times and then people spend like 20 pages freaking out about it so it just feels like he brings it up a lot more.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

SmokaDustbowl posted:

hannibal is very very x-files

are there aliens

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Oh I was just mildly surprised 🤷🏻‍♀️

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I was conceived as a direct result of 9/11

same but chernobyl

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
blizzard of winter '78 actually

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

My parents were just horny. No special event 🤷🏻‍♀️

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i was freed from a block of ice by a rather unlikely cow

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
i was always told that a buzzard crapped on a fence and the sun hatched me

honestly more heartwarming than considering the reality

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Sagebrush posted:

that's what i heard too. that writer would have gotten royalties on every episode of voyager.

aren't shenanigans like that why TOS theme song technically/legally has lyrics

FMguru posted:

worfs long-term arc is one of the best in trek

hes the klingon version of a weeaboo who grew up believing in all that honor and duty and the klingon warrior way stuff and built himself up to be the best version of that he could be, and then he met actual klingons and discovered that actual klingon society at the high levels is as political and corrupt and morally compromised as any human society and he has to find a way to reconcile those two opposites

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

aren't shenanigans like that why TOS theme song technically/legally has lyrics

Yeah, Roddenberry optioned the lyrics from the composer, who thought "this is garbage and will fail so I'll take the extra money"

He was right but also wrong so 🤷🏻‍♀️

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

hbag posted:

im like 18 years old i have literally never watched that movie tbh

poo poo like this is why people think you’re a lovely alt

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

sgt angel from hot fuzz is 95% Carrot, from discworld

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

hbag posted:

im like 18 years oldl

oh poo poo is stymie back?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
lol I'd forgotten about that

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
here's a decent article about the sexlessness of modern action movies. she overreaches on a few examples but overall I agree with her point

quote:

When Paul Verhoeven adapted Starship Troopers in the late 1990s, did he know he was predicting the future? The endless desert war, the ubiquity of military propaganda, a cheerful face shouting victory as more and more bodies pile up?

But the scene that left perhaps the greatest impact on the minds of Nineties kids—and the scene that anticipated our current cinematic age the best—does not feature bugs or guns. It is, of course, the shower scene, in which our heroic servicemen and -women enjoy a communal grooming ritual.

On the surface, it is idyllic: racial harmony, gender equality, unity behind a common goal—and firm, perky asses and tits.

And then the characters speak. The topic of conversation? Military service, of course. One joined for the sake of her political career. Another joined in the hopes of receiving her breeding license. Another talks about how badly he wants to kill the enemy. No one looks at each other. No one flirts.

A room full of beautiful, bare bodies, and everyone is only horny for war.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

indigi posted:

here's a decent article about the sexlessness of modern action movies. she overreaches on a few examples but overall I agree with her point

I like that article but it kind of skips over the fact that one of the biggest reasons there's no horny in modern blockbusters is because the china and india classification boards don't like it and they are the world's primary movie markets now

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
yeah everything targets pg-13 now, it kinda blows

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
the horny has moved to ~*prestige*~ cable television

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
their complaint is that a bunch of professional soldiers who’ve showered together hundreds of times aren’t constantly playing slap-as

really they just came up with that “horny for war” line and were determined to make it fit

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

FMguru posted:

hbo max doesn't have any of it though, how can I see people with embarrassing fetishes pretend to enjoy themselves on real sex

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
yep, and i hate it. generally speaking they don't seem to do it very well, it goes on too long, and it's awkward to sit through

though honestly i've kinda given up on tv entirely anyway so vOv

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

FMguru posted:

joss really missed out on not putting firefly and dollhouse on premium cable

we’re all better off though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

qirex posted:

hbo max doesn't have any of it though, how can I see people with embarrassing fetishes pretend to enjoy themselves on real sex
its an absolute disgrace that a premium cable channel that ends in 'max' isnt overflowingly filled with rear end and titties