Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God
Edit: I need to learn how to read

Shameful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
It's funny thinking of Gonzaga as an elite program. They were the classic Cinderella when I learned basketball, and then after that Adam Morrison team they spent a while as a good program who could make a real run if their three star recruits and foreign players gelled right.

Now ever since they got to the Championship game it's like they've found several new gears, and I'm not sure what's changed beyond making the final four and the PAC-12 continuing to be dismal.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
It’s kind of wild to me that the PAC-12 had gone this long without producing any good teams. Surely California produces some talent- where do they all go?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Adam Morrison and HEARTBREAK CITY is one of the funniest things.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
The Heat are a team I am comfortable rooting for, they just said Leonard can gently caress off indefinitely in no uncertain terms. I imagine there are lawyers and cap people trying to maximize their situation, which is expected, but they have effectively banished him.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

General Dog posted:

It’s kind of wild to me that the PAC-12 had gone this long without producing any good teams. Surely California produces some talent- where do they all go?

SDSU runs Cali

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
USC should be dominating the PAC-12 this year and was on its way until it just loving stumbled the last few weeks.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I DIDN'T KNOW LUXANA WAS ON DS9

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

wait is she hitting on odo

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

a neat cape posted:

Sure is!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

shirts and skins posted:

23-5 run. Goodness.

Spokane isn't *that* bad, Seattlites who rag on it as the worst place on earth need to go to like Indiana or something

On the other hand, last time I was there, when I mentioned to the Wal-Greens cashier I was from Seattle, she looked visibly horrified and mumbled something about how scary Seattle is. So I'll poo poo talk that town as much as I want.

gently caress you KOMO and Sinclair broadcasting.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Its Rinaldo posted:

Spokane is right next to the border with Idaho along I90

Not as close as Washington State University in Pullman.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
No fun jackbox screengrabs tonight?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Intruder posted:

No fun jackbox screengrabs tonight?

Russian Guyovitch
Apr 22, 2008

Some little mice sat in the barn to spin. Pussy came by and popped her head in. What are you doing my little men?

GD_American posted:

I suddenly got worried and now I'm googling and have to know-

did that actually end up being Jay Johnston at the capital?

It’s not 100% confirmed that that was him in the picture in the tweet, but people who know him and work with him have confirmed that he was at the Capitol.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Skwirl posted:

On the other hand, last time I was there, when I mentioned to the Wal-Greens cashier I was from Seattle, she looked visibly horrified and mumbled something about how scary Seattle is. So I'll poo poo talk that town as much as I want.

gently caress you KOMO and Sinclair broadcasting.

Man, I grew up in Olympia and things are ten times worse than that ten miles south of there. People out east are surprised at how quickly mossy green Washington becomes militia territory.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

a neat cape posted:

You sound surprised...

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I thought Gonzaga was in like Idaho

I'm not quite sure if anybody does commute from Post Falls/Coeurs d'Alene over to Spokane but it's borderline. like 30-40 minutes away.

Eastern Washington wasn't great.

[edit]

Skwirl posted:

Not as close as Washington State University in Pullman.

I used to make fun of my friend who went to Wazzu that he had to cross the state line to make a Taco Bell run.

also General Dog Oregon got to the Final Four the same year Gonzaga got to the championship, big deal for Pacific Northwest basketball.

harperdc fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Mar 10, 2021

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I wonder how good I could become at chess if I committed to an hour a day of practice/study.

Right now my level is "I know which direction the pieces go and I know castling is a thing and also if you get a pawn to the other side you can make a queen."

Maybe I could get to "above average"?

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

swickles posted:

The Heat are a team I am comfortable rooting for, they just said Leonard can gently caress off indefinitely in no uncertain terms. I imagine there are lawyers and cap people trying to maximize their situation, which is expected, but they have effectively banished him.

Between the Heat bouncing the Bucks, a Jimmy Butler profile, and Dan Le Batard I've learned that the Heat actually just have that kind of culture. Work hard, embrace the struggle, and don't gently caress around.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

I wonder how good I could become at chess if I committed to an hour a day of practice/study.

Right now my level is "I know which direction the pieces go and I know castling is a thing and also if you get a pawn to the other side you can make a queen."

You can do anything you believe you can.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Hey, if y'all haven't gotten your vaccine/arent eligible yet, go sign up for this: https://hidrb.com/

It's a site that puts you on a list for your local pharmacies that have leftover/about to expire vaccines at the end of the day. You'll get a text that says they have something available and you have to tell them within 15 mins yes/no, then go to the pharmacy if you can. No limits on who can take them because they're trying to avoid tossing unused doses.

e: It's unclear how broad this is yet and who all is participating on the provider side, but if you're in/around NY it looks like there's some good coverage there from articles I've seen.

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Mar 10, 2021

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Joey Freshwater posted:

Hey, if y'all haven't gotten your vaccine/arent eligible yet, go sign up for this: https://hidrb.com/

It's a site that puts you on a list for your local pharmacies that have leftover/about to expire vaccines at the end of the day. You'll get a text that says they have something available and you have to tell them within 15 mins yes/no, then go to the pharmacy if you can. No limits on who can take them because they're trying to avoid tossing unused doses.

Outstanding, thank you for sharing this.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Thanks Joey, I signed up. I keep hoping that since I’m in construction we would get prioritized a little, but that doesn’t seem to be the case. Even when we’re doing hospital work we haven’t been able to get pushed up the list to get shots.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Ehud posted:

You could get pretty decent. Not world shattering but good enough to know whats going on that sweet spot between crushing super casuals and holding your own against serious players till they bury you

If you want to you should go for it. Chess is fun!

Paint Crop Pro fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Mar 10, 2021

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Joey Freshwater posted:

e: It's unclear how broad this is yet and who all is participating on the provider side, but if you're in/around NY it looks like there's some good coverage there from articles I've seen.

I signed up too. If I get the text, do I still have to solicit the pharmacist into giving me the expiring/about-to-be-dumped dose? I feel weird hanging around the Pharmacy window in cajoling mode

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Hell to the yes

The Juggernaut
Nov 29, 2005

Ehud posted:

I got to 1800 ELO with much less commitment to study than that.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Pron on VHS posted:

I signed up too. If I get the text, do I still have to solicit the pharmacist into giving me the expiring/about-to-be-dumped dose? I feel weird hanging around the Pharmacy window in cajoling mode

No, as far as I can tell they're setting up an appt for you and just saying "go to xyz pharmacy and you're good to go"

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Joey Freshwater posted:

Thanks for this!

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

SB and I got vaccine appts for Monday! We have to drive to the city to get them but that's not a hardship since we generally do that on Mondays anyway for groceries and errands. It's such a relief to finally have this done.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

I forgot that they're using BMI to qualify whether you're overweight or obese. Being short as hell and a lifter already safely gets me into the overweight camp. Fudging my height by one inch and bulking up by 5lbs will get me into obese territory.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Do you have a screenshot for "When I'm 100 years old I'm glad I can still be ______"

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Anals of History posted:

I forgot that they're using BMI to qualify whether you're overweight or obese. Being short as hell and a lifter already safely gets me into the overweight camp. Fudging my height by one inch and bulking up by 5lbs will get me into obese territory.

I got mine based on BMI this past Saturday. Mixed bag of emotions for getting vaccinated but also finding out I'm clinically obese. I get my second does in two and a half weeks.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1369618187202011139

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Fun how that is so prescient for all of society

Super fun

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Anals of History posted:

:lmao: for the entirety of this pandemic I've committed to losing weight and in a literal year I've lost 50 lbs, which means my BMI is down from "obese" to "normal."

gently caress it, I lied and said my BMI is >25, which puts me in the "overweight" category.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

The way that kid swaggers in is burned into my brain, and I love it.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

CannonFodder posted:

Do you have a screenshot for "When I'm 100 years old I'm glad I can still be ______"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Mumford executed one of his sons

https://twitter.com/MrWinMarshall/status/1369481570319532033?s=19