Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nenonen)
What should the presidential powers be in 2020?
This poll is closed.
UNLIMITED!!!! URKKI 2.0!!!!!! 3 23.08%
Sauli should be allowed to telecast to our homes whenever he pleases, but that should be the limit. 2 15.38%
He should be limited to writing mildly worded letters to HBL and other provincial newspapers. 2 15.38%
None. More power to Sanna & Katri & Maria & Li & Anna-Maja & Jenni! 2 15.38%
Unlimited, but every decision must be subject to a plebiscite. 0 0%
None, but the president's life must be video streamed 24 /7 for the duration of their term, with no censorship. 4 30.77%
Total: 13 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

think of it like the "Who's Who" of genitals

Niinistö voisi tehdä jonkun videoadressin missä kertoisi kaikille että käyttäkää niitä saatanan maskeja ja lopettakaa käyttäytymistä kuin idiootit. Ehkä siinä voisi olla useampi puhumassa, Lipponen, Väyrynen, Pekkarinen, Vanhanen, Aho jne setiä.
Ei noi setämiehet tottele tyttöjä.

Väyrys vero

Captain Kosmos fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Mar 10, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Käytän maskia vain jos Paavo käskee ja silloinkin väärin to keep to the pettäminen code

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

think of it like the "Who's Who" of genitals

Ehkä pitäisi tehdä Kiitos 1939-1944 maskeja.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Ihmemies posted:

Yes. I don't want to share. Livable land and resources are limited on this planet, and both are on high demand and already overused.

Basically on EU level I want EU people to have nice things and people outside of EU not to have them.

On Finland's level I want Finland and Finnish people to have nice things and others not to have them.

Same goes on city level.

In order to progress those goals it seems I have to make compromise on all other goals in current political climate.

The rear end finns are actively working to destroy all of that you dumb fucker

Qtamo
Oct 7, 2012

Ihmemies posted:

Livable land and resources are limited on this planet, and both are on high demand and already overused.

I'm genuinely curious as I rarely get to have actual discussions with persus - does this show in your own choices in everyday life? Are you a vegan, are you actively trying to limit your carbon footprint or natural resource usage? Or does this idea of limited resources only get brought up with regards to others residing outside whatever imaginary borders (city, country, EU)? And as a second question, how are you planning to advance your ideas and goals on a municipal level?

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Qtamo posted:

Or does this idea of limited resources only get brought up with regards to others residing outside whatever imaginary borders (city, country, EU)?

Yes, this. rear end finns don't want to share what we have here with others who aren't here. Naturally rear end finns also want the resources residing outside of those whatever imaginary boundaries. That is what civilizations have "always" done and what most are still doing, especially china.

quote:

And as a second question, how are you planning to advance your ideas and goals on a municipal level?

I am open to workable/viable ideas on how to make a city less desireable place to move in from abroad, on municipal level. Somehow Helsinki and surrounding cities in Uusimaa have managed to make their cities more desireable, so we have to make whatever they are doing but opposite I guess? :v:

Something like not offering free healthcare to non-citizens, not offering/opening VOK's, not offering toimeentulotuki or whatever monetary support non-citizens currently receive, no free housing to non-citizens, refusing to take quota refugees if all that is legally and politically somehow possible etc. etc. are the ideas rear end finns want? I suppose. I don't know exactly, they don't usually go to specifics in municipal election programs...

For example towns/cities negotiate with ELY-keskus yearly on how many quota refugees each city takes. I assume it is somehow possible to take zero, with considerable poilitical heat from rest of the country. But that is what rear end fins want so :shrug:

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Mar 10, 2021

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

Ihmemies posted:

Yes, this. rear end finns don't want to share what we have here with others who aren't here. Naturally rear end finns also want the resources residing outside of those whatever imaginary boundaries. That is what civilizations have "always" done and what most are still doing, especially china.

I am open to workable/viable ideas on how to make a city less desireable place to move in from abroad, on municipal level. Somehow Helsinki and surrounding cities in Uusimaa have managed to make their cities more desireable, so we have to make whatever they are doing but opposite I guess? :v:

Something like not offering free healthcare to non-citizens, not offering/opening VOK's, not offering toimeentulotuki or whatever monetary support non-citizens currently receive, no free housing to non-citizens, refusing to take quota refugees if all that is legally and politically somehow possible etc. etc. are the ideas rear end finns want? I suppose. I don't know exactly, they don't usually go to specifics in municipal election programs...

I'll try to say this as kindly as I can: If you somehow get elected, you're going to be be very disappointed and disillusioned after finding out what it is that municipal councils actually do.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Warden posted:

I'll try to say this as kindly as I can: If you somehow get elected, you're going to be be very disappointed and disillusioned after finding out what it is that municipal councils actually do.

He can practice by looking at the mirror.

What a waste of a... somewhat functional... set of brains? They're obviously not especially good brains but wow is that a complete miss on what the arses do as a party.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Warden posted:

I imagine they are trying to figure out on how to get more money to a city budget so they can spend it on various things like healthcare, projects, roads, water, all kinds of small things what a city needs to run. How to organize and find resources to do the jobs the states says cities must do. Then they have lautakuntas where they discuss and vote about all the thousands of small things.

endlessmonotony posted:

He can practice by looking at the mirror.

What a waste of a... somewhat functional... set of brains? They're obviously not especially good brains but wow is that a complete miss on what the arses do as a party.

Well can you then explain about what the arses do as a party. Thanks.

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Mar 10, 2021

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Qtamo posted:

does this show in your own choices in everyday life? Are you a vegan, are you actively trying to limit your carbon footprint or natural resource usage? Or does this idea of limited resources only get brought up with regards to others residing outside whatever imaginary borders (city, country, EU)?

I like how he skipped this part

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Well if you live anywhere the rear end Finns have actual power, don't worry, nobody wants to move there anyway.

Ihmemies posted:

Well can you then explain about what the arses do as a party. Thanks.

Mainly racism and xenophobia.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Andrast posted:

I like how he skipped this part

The earth and planet is doomed due to overconsumption and one city is not going to even budge the rudder. Like, I don't care about enviromental issues.

DarkCrawler posted:

Well if you live anywhere the rear end Finns have actual power, don't worry, nobody wants to move there anyway.

Then the party has achieved one of its goals, mission accomplished?

quote:

Racism is bad and politically not correct, so is xenophobia. What is still allowed is to want to keep everyone else away in their own cities/countries/continents.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ihmemies posted:

The earth and planet is doomed due to overconsumption and one city is not going to even budge the rudder. Like, I don't care about enviromental issues.

shocking

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ihmemies posted:

What is still allowed is to want to keep everyone else away in their own cities/countries/continents.

also known as racism and xenophobia

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

DarkCrawler posted:

Don't forget corruption, sexual assaults and inner fighting!

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Andrast posted:

also known as racism and xenophobia

prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism by an individual, community, or institution against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.

It is not racism to make a general statement from all people in general.

dislike of or prejudice against people from other countries

It is not xenophobia. I don't dislike or have prejudices against people from other countries. I just don't want them here. I don't want to share my cake. They can do whatever the gently caress they please in their own countries. Why should they be allowed to come here?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

i'm not racist I just don't want those dirty people here

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Andrast posted:

i'm not racist I just don't want those dirty people here

The state of people's cleanliness does not affect my stance. They can be as filthy or as pristinely clean they want to be.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

I don't dislike other ethnicities or races. I just only want to see white Finnish people around me. What is this, Ligur 2.0?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Nenonen posted:

I don't dislike other ethnicities or races. I just only want to see white Finnish people around me. What is this, Ligur 2.0?

Kyllä tässä uutta liguria vähän kaivattiinkin

Golden Gate Bride
Oct 23, 2008
knife to meet you
En enää tiedä mikä on totta ja mikä ei. Kertokaa nyt joku on ihme miäs rölli vai ei

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Ihmemies posted:

Then the party has achieved one of its goals, mission accomplished?

Well, the party hasn't achieved it, more that dying wastelands are ultimately the only place where its message has any traction.

quote:

Racism is bad and politically not correct, so is xenophobia. What is still allowed is to want to keep everyone else away in their own cities/countries/continents.

Yeah, that's called xenophobia, and it is entirely allowed. In fact we have an entire party preaching about mainly that (and racism).

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Nenonen posted:

Well yes, that would be the ideal end result of course. It is not easy to achieve when municipalities make them a desireable destination to move into.

DarkCrawler posted:

Well, the party hasn't achieved it, more that dying wastelands are ultimately the only place where its message has any traction.

:shrug: There's lots of dying wastelands in Finland then it seems.

quote:

Yeah, that's called xenophobia, and it is entirely allowed. In fact we have an entire party preaching about mainly that (and racism).

Ok then. As long as it is not a bannable offense/opinion or politically not correct. It is hard to find the correct words to use in today's landscape when you want to aim for certain goals.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

You can't even say 'neekerit vittuun' in public any more, what has this world come to?? :qq: :qq: :qq:

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Nenonen posted:

You can't even say 'neekerit vittuun' in public any more, what has this world come to?? :qq: :qq: :qq:

A politically correct place where people want people to be tolerant and helping towards people.

j.peeba
Oct 25, 2010

Almost Human
Nap Ghost
It really takes guts to run on a platform of "hey let's make the municipality as uninviting and uninhabitable as possible so that no one wants to move here". I hope you get elected and post progress reports op

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Ihmemies posted:

:shrug: There's lots of dying wastelands in Finland then it seems.

Is this news to you?

quote:

Ok then. As long as it is not a bannable offense/opinion or politically not correct. It is hard to find the correct words to use in today's landscape when you want to aim for certain goals.

I mean yeah, when the goals are racism and xenophobia.

j.peeba posted:

It really takes guts to run on a platform of "hey let's make the municipality as uninviting and uninhabitable as possible so that no one wants to move here". I hope you get elected and post progress reports op

Especially funny when there are literally hundreds of municipalities for them to live their fantasy in already.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Mar 10, 2021

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

I love the idea of actively making your own town or whatever a worse place to live in so brown people won't want to move there, that's the spirit! :banjo: Luckily you probably already live in a place that's uninviting as it is.

barbecue at the folks fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Mar 10, 2021

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

"Scientifically proven, rich and creamy."

Ihmemies posted:

What makes Persut so solid anti-maskers?

Good question. There is a fair body of evidence that conservative xenophobia is a vestige of disease avoidance strategies in early human populations, so it would only seem logical that PS voters would be the most concerned about disease, right?

Indeed, a PS activist I know keeps ranting stuff in the vein of "the goddam incompetent chickenshit girl government can't bring itself to declare full martial law, curfew, mask mandate and border closure right now"

In many cases though, this instinct is overruled by the average PS activists' spitefulness (anything to own the libs in goverment), FYGM approach to altruism and tendency to subscribe to various conspiracy theories.

Qtamo
Oct 7, 2012

Ihmemies posted:

Like, I don't care about enviromental issues.

So your view of the scarcity of resources and land comes only from a competitive point of view where "we" need to be the ones hoarding and overusing the resources?

Ihmemies posted:

You keep bringing up this idea of a multilevel "don't want others here" hierarchy (city/country/continent). Why are the ends at the city/continent (or EU) levels instead of neighborhood and planet? Should Uusimaa or whatever maakunta you live in become a "no others allowed" area and completely ban immigration from other maakuntas? Is the purest form of this whole idea some inbred village in Pohjanmaa? Is immigration from within the EU more favored than from outside of it or should all immigration be banned? I mean, the answer to all of this is probably ethnonationalism so we should just leave the EU and so on, but it always makes me a bit curious if there's more thought to it. And I'd kinda want to hear from someone that's more of an actual hyperlocal, self-sufficient type - which actually can pretty logically be hostile to outsiders. Otoh, that idea can't coexist too far with the idea of a ethnonationalistic state, which for some reason seems to be the actual core of most of these "no others" beliefs where the other levels are thrown into to hide that core.

Wait, would you say your beliefs actually boil down to FYGM? If that's the case, you'll fit right in into municipal level politics, but you'll probably be really disappointed when you figure out that even persus don't care about vastaanottokeskukset on a municipal level as long as they're not in the politicians' own backyards. This goes for absolutely every issue for absolutely every party, though.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

To be fair, his "nobody move anywhere from the atomic location unit you were born into until you die" would be pretty good for the environment.

Edit: Also a pretty decent idea for a sci-fi novel. Protagonist is one of the unrooted, a select group of people who can move around bringing stuff to all the rooted who are forever stuck in one room / house / yard.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

Golden Gate Bride posted:

En enää tiedä mikä on totta ja mikä ei. Kertokaa nyt joku on ihme miäs rölli vai ei

Samaa mietin itsekin. Joko rölli, tai sitten pitää todella paksu nahka ja vakaa usko, että postailee noita juttujaan täällä, eikä esim. Hommalla tai Ylilaudalla.

Jos on tosissaan, niin prospsit sentään siitä, että tekee itsestään tietoisesti maalitaulun, jos ei muusta.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Here's some persu paradises for anyone not interested in mixture of blood lines and such, seems that some people are unaware of their existence:

https://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaustinen

https://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kihni%C3%B6

https://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veteli

https://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suomussalmi

https://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kolari

Definitely not lacking for options :thumbsup:

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

j.peeba posted:

I simply can't think of any other way to be politically correct about it. Being any ways selective or having exceptions is very easily racist.

DarkCrawler posted:

Especially funny when there are literally hundreds of municipalities for them to live their fantasy in already.

Sadly I do not live in one so I am trying to make my fantasy real here too.

barbecue at the folks posted:

I love the idea of actively making your own town or whatever a worse place to live in so brown people won't want to move there, that's the spirit! :banjo: Luckily you probably already live in a place that's uninviting as it is.

It is not as uninviting as it could be.

Jasper Tin Neck posted:

Good question. There is a fair body of evidence that conservative xenophobia is a vestige of disease avoidance strategies in early human populations, so it would only seem logical that PS voters would be the most concerned about disease, right?

Indeed, a PS activist I know keeps ranting stuff in the vein of "the goddam incompetent chickenshit girl government can't bring itself to declare full martial law, curfew, mask mandate and border closure right now"

In many cases though, this instinct is overruled by the average PS activists' spitefulness (anything to own the libs in goverment), FYGM approach to altruism and tendency to subscribe to various conspiracy theories.

I hope this can be changed somehow. It is bad for persut to be anti-mask or anti-vax or publicly voice some crazy rear end conspiracy theories. It does not enhance the already quite bad image of the party.

Qtamo posted:

So your view of the scarcity of resources and land comes only from a competitive point of view where "we" need to be the ones hoarding and overusing the resources?

Yes. The current system is heavily based on buying dirt-cheap goods and services from mass-murdering genocidal country, china. china gets resources for industries by destroying china's enviroment and ripping off and stealing the resources from other countries, especially in Africa too. Ideally EU would wean off the dependency of cheap chinese goods and buy them elsewhere or make them in EU.

If we manage to reduce the amount of people living in Finland it becomes easier to avoid overusing resources if there are fewer people using them. In limited resource scenario I see options as:
- some reasonable amount of people living in plenty
- a larger amount of people living in poorer, less advanced conditions

quote:

You keep bringing up this idea of a multilevel "don't want others here" hierarchy (city/country/continent). Why are the ends at the city/continent (or EU) levels instead of neighborhood and planet?

Because lots of people want to move in to EU. Just look at the situation in EU borders. Generally EU citizens don't want to move to Finland because the wages and climate suck. But when people outside of EU get to EU they want to end up living somewhere, and part of that group ends up eventually in Finland too.

quote:

Should Uusimaa or whatever maakunta you live in become a "no others allowed" area and completely ban immigration from other maakuntas? Is the purest form of this whole idea some inbred village in Pohjanmaa?

Not really, no. No. The idea is to say things in a politically correct way, but let/hope people understand what the words really mean.

quote:

Is immigration from within the EU more favored than from outside of it or should all immigration be banned?

Immigration from EU is more favored. On a country level a country wants educated people who can get a well-paying job or generate more jobs by creating new companies etc. Poor people are mainly a burden on country and so far it seems mostly poor people want to move in here because nearly no one else wants to.

quote:

I mean, the answer to all of this is probably ethnonationalism so we should just leave the EU and so on, but it always makes me a bit curious if there's more thought to it.

Leaving EU is kind of difficult because EU provides many benefits. Being in EU is a compromise. Finland living outside EU would be hell for Finland. Finland isn't UK or Norway which can just YOLO it because of their connections or wealth.

quote:

Wait, would you say your beliefs actually boil down to FYGM? If that's the case, you'll fit right in into municipal level politics, but you'll probably be really disappointed when you figure out that even persus don't care about vastaanottokeskukset on a municipal level as long as they're not in the politicians' own backyards. This goes for absolutely every issue for absolutely every party, though.

Yes, FYGM. It is a difficult challenge to make people see and decide on issues on municipal level. Very targeted/precise NIMBY decisions are not very useful. I don't see what difference does it make where the VOK is. It is too narrow scoped thinking to only want the VOK be to somewhere else than in their own backyards. The politicans should aim for a bigger scope.

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Mar 10, 2021

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

No meni muutama postaus ennenkuin se naamari livahti naamalta ja tajunnanvirta-sinofobia tuli esiin

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

HerraS posted:

No meni muutama postaus ennenkuin se naamari livahti naamalta ja tajunnanvirta-sinofobia tuli esiin

I have no ideas how to solve the problems in china. On a municipal level maybe don't work with chinese corps or offer them opportunities.

EU boycotts Russia because of good reasons. I understand why EU is not boycotting china altough EU has very good reasons to boycott... it is money and dependancy on the goods and services they provide. Just like with the nazis. Everyone wanted to work with nazis because of the profits, despite nazis being mass murdering genocidal people. Well that happened with many other countries too who liked to put their own population into camps and murder them so it is not something new or exciting.

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Mar 10, 2021

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

HerraS posted:

Eipä noissa postauksissa naamaria oo kyllä ollu alusta asti

Qtamo
Oct 7, 2012

Ihmemies posted:

Yes, FYGM. It is a difficult challenge to make people see and decide on issues on municipal level. Very targeted/precise NIMBY decisions are not very useful. I don't see what difference does it make where the VOK is. It is too narrow scoped thinking to only want the VOK be to somewhere else than in their own backyards. The politicans should aim for a bigger scope.

They're useless decisions and actions, but that's (sadly) what most municipal decisions boil down to, and most politicians at that level are drawn to the most useless things. As a tip: should you happen to get elected, try to get into a lautakunta that deals with zoning, infrastructure and schools. The two first ones are pretty often in the same lautakunta, at least in smaller cities. Those functions all have a massive impact on the finances of the municipality, either directly or in a more indirect way (zoning), plus they'll still be there after soteuudistus happens. And try to figure out something local to actually focus on, something you can have an impact on. This has way more worth to the wellbeing of everyone in your municipality than obsessing over us vs them. Getting good things done locally and getting popular are also the way to get to eduskunta, which should realistically be your goal if you want to have an impact on most of things you've been writing about.

That being said, thank you for answering my questions - your views aren't something I'd see myself supporting, but at least I understand your viewpoint a bit now.

Andrast posted:

Eipä noissa postauksissa naamaria oo kyllä ollu alusta asti

Naamari on tosiaan puuttunut alusta asti, mutta eipä sitä nähdäkseni ole yritettykään pitää. Mikä on sinänsä ihan virkistävää vaihtelua.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Ihmemies posted:

Sadly I do not live in one so I am trying to make my fantasy real here too.

Why don't you live in one, if they are such great places?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

DarkCrawler posted:

Why don't you live in one, if they are such great places?

They are not that great in many other ways. So it again is a compromise...

Qtamo posted:

They're useless decisions and actions, but that's (sadly) what most municipal decisions boil down to, and most politicians at that level are drawn to the most useless things. As a tip: should you happen to get elected, try to get into a lautakunta that deals with zoning, infrastructure and schools. The two first ones are pretty often in the same lautakunta, at least in smaller cities. Those functions all have a massive impact on the finances of the municipality, either directly or in a more indirect way (zoning), plus they'll still be there after soteuudistus happens. And try to figure out something local to actually focus on, something you can have an impact on. This has way more worth to the wellbeing of everyone in your municipality than obsessing over us vs them.

I am very bored thanks to korona and I needed to figure out something to do with my time. Elections seemed to be a nice hobby project! I got accepted to the candidate list yesterday and before that I didn't want to spend too much time on what I actually want to do. That would have been a big waste if I got refused. Also rear end finns haven't published the local municipal election program/themes so I have no idea what the local rear end finn's election goals are. Vihreät have an impressive 50-point list...

It would be kind of awkward to have my own themes to be drastically different from local rear end finns, at least without me first knowing what the local themes "should" be.. I am hoping they release them very soon. I also need to think about personal, concrete themes which are not just "more money/spending for X" since those are too easy themes :v: Who doesn't know a list of targets where to spend someone's else money on!

I don't know of areas/subjects that are extremely wrong/sucky, just on the usual level of wrongness typical in many Finnish towns. I would like to infulence how the buildings look like here instead of the neukkukuutiot style. Arkkitehtuurikapina-style is more to my taste. But it may be wrong to force that style to others, if the majority really likes the neukkukuutiot style of construction...

quote:

Getting good things done locally and getting popular are also the way to get to eduskunta, which should realistically be your goal if you want to have an impact on most of things you've been writing about.

Yes. Getting straight to Eduskunta is quite rare I think. It happens but as a no name random guy who hates people... nah.

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Mar 10, 2021