Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

This is the first time I've seen this opinion of the Queen. I thought she went round godfather style organising fiat Uno assassinations and generally leaning on people to get what she thought ought to happen.

This was probably true 20 years ago but now everyone else just does that on her behalf and lets her think she's in charge. Like Junior Soprano.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

hakimashou posted:

The british government has not allowed a single police officer to be convicted in the death of someone in more than 50 years.

Conversely the US doesn’t convict police officers for any crime at all.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

hakimashou posted:

The british government has not allowed a single police officer to be convicted in the death of someone in more than 50 years.

Hold that thought
BBC News - Sarah Everard disappearance: Met Police officer arrested
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56342465

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

The Queen is both a slow waving autocue drone and an insane blood thirsty assassin.

Like other reptiles, the amount of activity she can carry out is imited by her blood temperature. As explain in David Attenborough's fantastic series 'Life without Sweat' the royals are a well studied diurnal reptilian species and have historically used the warmth of the day to carry out that blood lust, racism and general noncing.

Of course, with the advent of technology, the queen can now incubate in a heat pod for up to 12 hours to enable her to carry out such work in the dark, allowing her to leave the palace in the cover of night for Tinder dates, or go on excursions to Paris just after midnight.

Of course, whilst her Maj loves the charging pod her cousin and husband Phillip bought her for her birthday, she still enjoys the energy giving properties of the sun and much like her ancestors before her will stand in the sun waving for periods of time, whilst her blood temperature is warmed.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Marmaduke! posted:

Hold that thought

This doesn’t count, he murdered her on his own time.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
I think the Queen is a lovely old lady with the nation's best interests at heart, and her dress sense is simply marvelous. The way her hats and dresses and necklaces always complement her silvery hair and beautiful iridescent scales... she is fabulous.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Princess Anne thwarted her own kidnapping and it wasn't even in The Crown.

Princess Anne is probably also racist as hell, but you gotta admire someone who dresses like a North Korean general to ride a horse.

e: by admire, I mean "have a chuckle at"

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Torquemada posted:

This doesn’t count, he murdered her on his own time.

There was also that policeman that killed his lover in her parked car when she threatened to tell his wife last year or so. He was convicted of manslaughter, not murder, so I dunno if the poster will allow that. He got 10 years.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
slaaaay kweeen

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

anyone who's vehemently anti-royal simply wants to have sex with them and doesn't want to admit it to themselves

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

anyone who's vehemently anti-royal simply wants to have sex with them and doesn't want to admit it to themselves

Simply irresistable.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

How can one measure up to a man with his own cargo cult? You cannot

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Marmaduke! posted:

Hold that thought

Dammit I had lorry driver in the pool.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

I am a firm believer in "no gods, no masters". So yes, technically, I want to gently caress them. Your error, however, was assuming they'd still be living meat while it happens.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

that is in no way assumed

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

lol imagine wanting to have sex with a royal ghost that'd be so gross right? like haha could you even imagine just boning the hell out of one of those for hours I sure couldn't that's for sure!

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I don't think it's ok to say that you'd like to have sex with the corpses of the British Royal Family. I think it's wrong. Nobody deserves that. Not the Queen, not Taylor Swift, not anyone!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

https://www.theonion.com/i-must-make-sure-you-have-the-skills-to-please-my-gran-1823835071

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Any money that goes to the royal family would otherwise just be going to fund child-killing robots and baby prisons powered by the homeless so I'm just glad to have one thing that isn't dedicated to grinding existence into the most meager paste.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
the uk used to rule the world and now they’re a bunch of bog people that eat baked beans for breakfast

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
I think youll find we were always bog people, especially when we were ruling over you.

And baked beans are a fine accompaniment to any meal

Algol Star
Sep 6, 2010

We ate all the beans now we're just drinking the tomato sauce.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol if you don't rinse your beans

anyway yeah bacon grease is much more acceptable breakfast slop

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
steak? Ill 'ave some beans with it

chicken tikka masala? mix some beans in. loverly

ice cream? spoon 'em on there my son

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Chicken teeker marsalarrr

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Hello, my name is The Right Honorable Phileas K. Bengalfamine and I'd like to tell you my opinions on the royal marriage

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Beans on toast is very loving good.

Hammerite posted:

ice cream? spoon 'em on there my son

That's basically just ais kachang, which is also good as hell.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Big Beef City posted:

lol imagine wanting to have sex with a royal ghost that'd be so gross right? like haha could you even imagine just boning the hell out of one of those for hours I sure couldn't that's for sure!

I don't want the spirit I want the flesh

Algol Star
Sep 6, 2010

The Queen has expressed concern over the racism and sadness over the rest which I think we all agree firmly draws a line under this whole saga. Close thread IMO.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i liked when the queen wore the hat that looked like the EU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

how do you get that special british smile? simply rinse twice daily with Listerbeans

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

"Oh c'mon now lads, ol blighty isn't all that racist or xenophobic!" *I shout merrily as I vote as hard as possible to get us the gently caress out of the EU because I can't stand even the thought of being associated with other Europeans let alone different races, the only country to flee in terror at this prospect*

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

"Is not that I don' like the white race an' all me lads, is jus'....they brought the Polacks in with 'em an' I can't abide by that an' I said as much didn' I? Didn' I? ...Polacks!"

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Ratios and Tendency posted:

England has to be the most pathetic country on Earth.

Well they're definitely in the running but they were born into the racist inbred family ruling over them. The US makes decisions like that by choice.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Look I don't want to be a stick in the mud and I feel quite silly bringing it up again since nobody else seems to mind but I just feel that it's a little on the nose for someone to come into this thread say that they wouldn't mind giving the Queen's corpse bit of the old in and out. I wouldn't go into a Katy Perry thread and say, you know, similar things and I just think people should show a bit of respect.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

id gently caress prince charles

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

how do you get that special british smile? simply rinse twice daily with Listerbeans

So British it even has the same tagline as the royal family.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

correct; "reduces tartar to prevent stains" was a slogan used to glorify the UK's involvement in the Crimean War

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

correct; "reduces tartar to prevent stains" was a slogan used to glorify the UK's involvement in the Crimean War

:eyepop: