Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
video autoplay does suck though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Steering people towards an inferior build website sucks moar!

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

The inferior website is the one with the the autoplaying crap, right?

Is there any sign this season will have one of those fancy modifiers they've been doing? I haven't played in many seasons and the follower revamp (of all things) has me kinda wanting to play again, but I noticed they aren't testing a seasonal theme/modifier on the PTR.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Doesn't look like it. The emanate thing may be seasonal or it may be permanent, I dunno.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
No seasonal modifier this time. The follower revamp is basically it but it'll stick around for later seasons.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
That’s awesome! I’m gonna for sure do this season, Season of Kormak!!!! Hmm my last season was SC, so I should maybe do HC this season. How long until we know the armor sets?

I love the followers in this game. To this day if I succeed on something first try I go “That’s how we do it in Kingsport!”

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Just posting to say that I'm still having a blast with this game on switch, rolling through the story with a necro, who I hadnt played. I really like bone spirit for some reason, seems like some of the sets and uniques can really make it pop.

Looking forward to rolling up a new guy next season and getting in on the switch goon crew.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I will legit buy a month of Nintendo online to do goon multiplayer for 48 hours lmao

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The Follower revamp has implications even beyond the legendaries that emanate. You can now, for example, give your templar some Fire Walkers if you're a class that can't easily break open doors, or put a Blind Faith on your Enchantress for more CC. Followers also benefit from RoRG, so you can double up on Cain/Sage if you want to.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Honestly, just having access to Cain's/Sage/Nemesis Bracers/Flavor of Time is going to be enough of a QOL improvement to be roughly on par with some of the seasonal bonuses. Their skills are getting revamped so they all have a cheat death and damage bonus as well. Not to mention some of the other niche interactions (firewalkers for the door bosses!) that exquisite tea mentioned.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
You can really stack up some CDR on them now. too I have 92.5% cdr on them for PTR. Which is probably not that worth it on the templar or enchantress but it's almost 100% uptime on that crit chance ability and 10% damage buff the scoundrel has.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.
Do the changes mean more solo play to keep your follower around or do you still benefit in multiplayer games?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
You lose the followers and the emanate abilities in multiplayer.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Now your teammates can truly be worse than nothing!

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Funky See Funky Do posted:

You can really stack up some CDR on them now. too I have 92.5% cdr on them for PTR. Which is probably not that worth it on the templar or enchantress but it's almost 100% uptime on that crit chance ability and 10% damage buff the scoundrel has.

Is it really possible to stack that much CDR. Isn't 60-70% the absolute max?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
If there's a hard cap I dunno but I have 92.5% cdr on them from gear. 12.5 on the helm (could be 25 in leorics). 24 from jewellery. 16 from gloves and shoulders. 20 from captain crimsons. 20 from Born's furious wrath but you can get 20 cdr on weapons and offhand anyways.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Oh. CDR doesn't stack that way. E.g., 50% + 50% = (1 - 50*50) = 75% CDR.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Oh ok, so how much cdr is that then?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Like 62 ish give or take?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
62.63, which is mildly disappointing.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

This follower upgrade is supposed to be a permanent change going forward right? Are any of these buffs significant beyond them being glorified stat sticks and affixes? Can they play any active role to help rift clears otherwise?

I haven't played in a couple of seasons, I may jump in for this one, but ideally there'd be some other theme too.

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017

iamsosmrt posted:

This follower upgrade is supposed to be a permanent change going forward right? Are any of these buffs significant beyond them being glorified stat sticks and affixes? Can they play any active role to help rift clears otherwise?

I haven't played in a couple of seasons, I may jump in for this one, but ideally there'd be some other theme too.

Yes it's permanent for both seasonal and non-seasonal. A flavor of time + nem's for solo play should help with speeds, but followers otherwise won't output any damage.

I kind of wish there was a legit seasonal theme as well. I think the dream would be reworking Blackthorne's in some capacity to be a follower set. Then giving it a proper send off with the seasonal theme "Your follower causes desecrator, molten, or plagued effects"

I could finally make use of all my primal drops :yum:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

The most important thing to know is that 25,000 mainstat seems to be the maximum breakpoint for your Follower's cheat death and other duration-based abilities.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

They're permanent going forward from what I understand. I don't think even with the revamps they're going to actually do any meaningful damage. Think of it basically just like have a few more cube slots but the items are set.

e:f;b

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
So their gear will need to be augmented in order to min/max? Gross.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

No, Followers get insane stat growth from gear. 25,000 mainstat is easy to achieve.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Ooh I totally forgot. They get like a 3x multiplier or something? They still won't do any damage right? Just buffs and cc.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Who cares about their DPS if they are turning all the elites you’re fighting into electro-shocked chickens

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

The biggest thing (IMO) seems like being able to make them a mule for utility stuff like nemesis and the set that gives you double death breaths, and other farm related legendaries. Every build is a farm/speed build when you're solo!

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
They're not going to kill anything on their own but the enchantress and scoundrel are fairly significant damage buffs and the enchantresses defensive buff is not insignificant.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Oxyclean posted:

The biggest thing (IMO) seems like being able to make them a mule for utility stuff like nemesis and the set that gives you double death breaths, and other farm related legendaries. Every build is a farm/speed build when you're solo!

Agreed. In my head I've been referring to the changes as Kanai's Cubed

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
So are there going to be solo builds that include follower builds?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

People have already mathed out ideal follower builds for GR pushing, T16 farming, bounties etc.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
No they're not that in depth. The gear that emanates is almost all just quality of life or farming stuff. There's no tough choices about what to put on them or which skills to go with.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Funky See Funky Do posted:

No they're not that in depth. The gear that emanates is almost all just quality of life or farming stuff. There's no tough choices about what to put on them or which skills to go with.

Homing pads and keybind shenanigans seems like it's free damage reduction apparently. GOD I hope they fix that.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Zenithe posted:

Homing pads and keybind shenanigans seems like it's free damage reduction apparently. GOD I hope they fix that.

There's a kooky build right now with Firebird Wiz where you cast Mirror Image and let your clones light everything up with Fire Blades while you use Homing Pads. It's rather impractical but pretty funny.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

Bust Rodd posted:

Who cares about their DPS if they are turning all the elites you’re fighting into electro-shocked chickens

they removed the enchantress's chicken skill :(

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

Man, it seems like everyone forgot Diablo 4 existed as soon as D2R was announced. The r/Diablo subreddit turned into a D2R sub overnight lol. That's gotta be a little demoralizing to the D4 team.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Swilo posted:

they removed the enchantress's chicken skill :(

uninstalling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

When your entire angle is "Diablo 2 but somehow even less imaginative than the remaster" then that's not especially surprising.