Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Turmoilx posted:

trying to figure out why the depot shows that i have over 50m worth of equipment to sell, does it now show you can sell all the stuff ON your tanks vs just showing whats extra?

That's all the equipment that used to be on your tanks. It was demounted to the depot when equipment 2.0 hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Also welcome back Turmoil

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Stop by at 5 AM? What the gently caress?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Mesadoram posted:

Stop by at 5 AM? What the gently caress?

According to Armored Patrol: "Due to tomorrow’s update, the last morning offer will be postponed from 05:00 to 11:00."

They also say:

"At the same time, the same user mentioned that the last offer will be … a “mysterious black box” (lootbox? With unknown content), which is to be valued at 5,000 gold. Is it true? We’ll find out tomorrow."

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2021/03/09/black-market-2021-the-last-offer-speculation/

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

According to Armored Patrol: "Due to tomorrow’s update, the last morning offer will be postponed from 05:00 to 11:00."

That's Russian or EU time. The time it says in the game is correct.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

BIG HEADLINE posted:

They also say:

"At the same time, the same user mentioned that the last offer will be … a “mysterious black box” (lootbox? With unknown content), which is to be valued at 5,000 gold. Is it true? We’ll find out tomorrow."

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2021/03/09/black-market-2021-the-last-offer-speculation/

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

People have datamined stuff from the game files and revealed some kind of "secret stash" where people will be able to buy things that appeared in previous Black Markets for credits.

You'll be able to buy a maximum of four vehicles. You can't buy vehicles you already own, or vehicles you could retrieve (restore) in your depot. The list of vehicles is supposedly...

quote:

IS-6 B
SU-76I
BT-SV
Schwarzpanzer 58
leKpz M 41 90 mm GF
Pz.Kpfw. V / IV
Pz.Kpfw. IV hydrostat.
Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf. J
Pz.Kpfw. 38H 735 (f)
T34 B
Chrysler K GF
AMX 50 Foch (155)
Panhard EBR 75 (FL 10)
AMX 13 57 GF
105 leFH18B2
FCM 36 Pak 40
FV215b (183)
Caernarvon Action X
Sexton I
WZ-111 Alpine Tiger
Typ 59 G
Lansen C

If true I'll be a bit upset I blew my 215b money on the Foch 155 :v:

E: some others are saying the in-game data mining is poorly translated and you won't be able to buy up to four vehicles, you'll get to buy from a random selection of four tanks picked from vehicles you don't alreay own, and can't recover from your depot. So the chances of getting to buy a 215b is actually pretty low unless you already own most of the tanks on that list.

And with my luck I'd get the Alpine Tiger, the T34B (lol the normal T34 doesn't count as a double), the IS-6 and the Chrysler.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Mar 10, 2021

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Well if it is for credits then I am once again kinda hosed.

Edit: Well, about 5 million credits later...

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Mar 10, 2021

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

So dirty. Congrats lol

What set up do you all use on the 215b 183? I have 0 reference on how to gear/ammo this thing out.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Welp they found a way to piss off the poors who waited for a good premium credits sale (Somua), and poo poo all over the guys who paid a lot for their Type 59G at the same time.
Quite impressive.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
i expected big credit tank for sale instead i was 500 gold off this golden key and i didnt stay up to not gamble i mean staying up all this time for nothing? no way im going to at least gamble so yeah i had to whip out my poor bank card

and i did it poorly

and all the extra equipment idk i looked over a bunch of tier 10s and they were equipped

KD i don't wanna be back :( tanks already BM me lol.

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Mar 10, 2021

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
Are these limited numbers of tanks?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

What set up do you all use on the 215b 183? I have 0 reference on how to gear/ammo this thing out.

I use rammer, IRM, optics for equipment, 5/15 AP/HESH for ammo (the AP is for superheavies with spaced armour), and food instead of auto extinguishers. I sometimes regret the food.

Turmoilx posted:

and all the extra equipment idk i looked over a bunch of tier 10s and they were equipped

It's from your lower tier tanks.

SpannerX posted:

Are these limited numbers of tanks?

No. You pay gold and unlock one tank that you haven't already owned from a list of possible tanks. You can then pay increasing amounts of credits to unlock up to 4 additional tanks from the list. You then pick a tank from the ones you unlocked and you get it for free.

McGavin fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Mar 10, 2021

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

bit of note.
This is first time they have sold tier 10's for gold i think.
its literal slot machine you can reroll with silver after paying 19€ worth of gold
there are several busted tier 3's in the list as well. Including the 80€tank

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

Good to know.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Yeah, just be aware that the black and GF skins of tanks you already own count as different tanks, which is really dumb. I unlocked the Schwarzpanzer 58, AMX 13 57 GF, and WZ-111 Alpine Tiger before getting the SU-76I, and I have the Mutz, AMX 13 57, and WZ-111 already in my garage.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yep. In my list of possible vehicles I have the GF and B versions of tanks I already own. So... cool.

E:

I rolled...

Panzer IV Hydrostat
Panzer V/IV
BT-SV
Lansen C
FCM 36 Pak 40

I'm torn. The Lansen would probably be a tank I enjoy playing, but the Pz V/IV and FCM 36 Pak 40 are rare as gently caress. Is either of them genuinely good, because just being rare isn't enough for me to buy a tank?

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Mar 10, 2021

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

McGavin posted:

I use rammer, IRM, optics for equipment, 5/15 AP/HESH for ammo (the AP is for superheavies with spaced armour), and food instead of auto extinguishers. I sometimes regret the food.

Sounds good. Is the aim time as bad as it looks on paper?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

Sounds good. Is the aim time as bad as it looks on paper?

Sometimes I wish it would aim faster, but 0.3 seconds isn't enough to justify GLD over IRM. Plus IRM gives better results than GLD for like 2 seconds of the 3 second aim time. Also, most of the time you're rotating your turret to fire at a moving target 300+ meters away and just need to hit it somewhere, so fine aiming isn't super important.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The Lansen C will be sold in the normal store the day after tomorrow, so I bought the Pz V/IV.

First game had a total of 14 Pz V/IVs.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Lol, I got a Type 59 Gold. I really wanted a deathstar but I'll take it. I don't even need it, I already have a regular Type 59, just find it funny that I got it for 5k gold and there are people who bid 200k gold for it last year.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Dravs posted:

Lol, I got a Type 59 Gold. I really wanted a deathstar but I'll take it. I don't even need it, I already have a regular Type 59, just find it funny that I got it for 5k gold and there are people who bid 200k gold for it last year.

:smith:

Trade you?

I wasn't about to keep rolling (I'm silver poor) when I could snag the Deathstar for 5k gold outright. There were also quite a few other tanks in the list I didn't have that could've/would've been "poison pills" like the black and GF tanks I didn't want or had non-GF versions of.

I should also note that I don't have a British TD crew trained. At all.

McGavin posted:

You should probably back up the lack of extinguishers with the 20k Firefighting crew directive. It's the same price as the auto-extinguisher so :shrug:.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Mar 10, 2021

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Dravs posted:

Grats man!

My first game in the 183 was abysmal. About 550 damage and 1 kill.

The problem with tanks like this is that they are unflexable at all and you need to have some luck on your side to have enemies on your side. I was not. Also, I missed a almost fully aimed shot on a Grille who was out in the open, that pretty much lost us the game. Think the equipment that shrinks the overall reticle size will work nicely on this?

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

I dont know what I want. I got swindled.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Katamari Democracy posted:

I dont know what I want. I got swindled.

Ausf J is definitely the most overpowered (and valuable) in that list but it's still a T3 tank. The Pz5/4 is fun as gently caress if you fit it out as a rammer. It's a Panther chassis (with the full weight) and a Pz4 turret. It's also fixed T5 MM.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
The Panzer 2 is broken, 90% of tanks that face it cannot penetrate it at all, from any angle. It also has a piddly little machine gun so can't kill much either. You will either solo the enemy team in it, or run out of ammo. There is a reason they do not sell it anymore.

The Panzer V/IV is a great tank and broken in a different way, it is very overpowered at T5 and you can set it up for ramming which is very fun.

The 13 57 is hilarious fun and super powerful at T7, if you like light tanks.

The M41 also called the blackdog or the german bulldog is the actually best tank offered, except it's just a good light tank at T8, the other 3 are more interesting.

Edit: The last time they sold the Pnzr 2 on the black market it went for a stupid amount of money, almost as much as the Type 59 G, in case you care about that kind of thing.

Sayara
May 10, 2009
Got offers for Caernarvon Action X, T 34 B, Chrysler K GF, BT-SV, and Pz.Kpfw. V/IV. I've already got regular T 34, but any recommendations or comments about the others?

Pioneer42
Jun 8, 2010
They did sell the Panzer II J in the store last summer with a premium time bundle. They also sold the BT-SV in a bundle as well. They also sold the E-25 and leafblower, so if WG feels like printing money, throw scarcity out the window.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Sayara posted:

Got offers for Caernarvon Action X, T 34 B, Chrysler K GF, BT-SV, and Pz.Kpfw. V/IV. I've already got regular T 34, but any recommendations or comments about the others?

I personally would go for the Caer X. I am a sucker for British tanks though, so take it with a grain of salt.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
So you pay 5000 gold and get a choice of tanks free, or do you just unlock the ability to buy the tanks for credits? I got 5G gold but I am silver poor.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

You pay 5k gold and unlock one tank, then pay ~1 million credits each to unlock the other 4 choices. Then pick one tank for free from the ones you unlocked.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Offers were 4 variants of tanks I already own (13-57 GF, Chrysler K GF, IS-6B, T34B) and the PZ V/IV gently caress

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!
V/IV is real fun though, so I wouldn't feel bad for that one.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
I own most of the low tier pub stomp tanks and I never play them. I feel dirty playing anything below tier 7.

edit: 1540 base exp is only good enough for class 2 lmao

edit 2: 1609 is only class 2 as well

Gorman Thomas fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Mar 10, 2021

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
t34B

well, let's see how this plays out.

Pioneer42
Jun 8, 2010
I’m weighing between the T-34 B and Alpine Tiger.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Pioneer42 posted:

I’m weighing between the T-34 B and Alpine Tiger.

Isn't the Alpine Tiger a carbon copy of like 3 other tanks?

Pioneer42
Jun 8, 2010
Yes, looks like another counterfeit IS under inspection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Pioneer42 posted:

Yes, looks like another counterfeit IS under inspection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGk1UoMkEpE&t=1854s

Timestamped at the Alpine Tiger