Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

https://twitter.com/arlenparsa/status/1369032208690843648?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
Re: billboard chat, the best one I've ever seen in that crazy right wing style is one on the I25 in Colorado that said "ABORTION STOPS A BEATING ❤️"

Initially I thought it was a really agressive pro-choice message and it took me a couple passes before it dawned on me that the heart was supposed to mean the word heart and not some cute emoji.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Oh lol, there's only two? Even more of a :jerkbag: campaign than I thought.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One of the food delivery companies did something similar this year spending millions of dollars on a Super Bowl ad to talk about their $500k donation.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Captain Hygiene posted:

Oh lol, there's only two? Even more of a :jerkbag: campaign than I thought.

Worse news - the guy who was running the McDonalds Monopoly game is in charge of handing them out.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
https://twitter.com/DarrenHeitner/status/1369362998784036867?s=20

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Does any of this burger king marketing genius stop their food from tasting like it's been sitting inside a diesel particulate filter for 2 hours?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

That would cost too much. Better to have a 50k scholarship, a 300k promotional campaign for it, and 1.1 million to clean up the bad publicity from that

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

flavor.flv posted:

That would cost too much. Better to have a 50k scholarship, a 300k promotional campaign for it, and 1.1 million to clean up the bad publicity from that

marketing gurus gotta make a living too you know

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

redgubbinz posted:

Does any of this burger king marketing genius stop their food from tasting like it's been sitting inside a diesel particulate filter for 2 hours?
They go through great food science pains to make it taste like a diesel exhaust.

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

Do people call the tournament March Mayhem? I've only ever heard it called March Madness.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

jjack229 posted:

Do people call the tournament M*rch M*yh*m? I've only ever heard it called M*rch M*dn*ss.

(User has been DMCA'd for this post)

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
As you know, The Big Game is coming up soon,

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

They could just call it Vasectomy Mania.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I guess calling it SuperBalls probably isn't gonna fly either

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Vasectomania was right there.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

The Snipperbowl.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

Temporarily rename your center Vasectopolis.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Whatcha gonna do when Vasectomania runs wild on you!? *Vigorously crotch chops*

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

SiKboy posted:

The Snipperbowl.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Did someone think mayhem was something I'd seek in regards to my vasectomy?

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Brawnfire posted:

Did someone think mayhem was something I'd seek in regards to my vasectomy?

That comes later

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I'm a sports guy, who runs a March Madness tournament on these here forums. I've never once heard "March Mayhem"

And look, Google agrees with me.
https://www.google.com/search?q=mar...chrome&ie=UTF-8

I hope the opposition points out to a judge that when you google "March Mayhem," a Mason Dixon knitting event gets a higher seo rank than the NCAA

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

March Madness? Why that could be confused for whenever owns Atari this weeks trademark of Marble Madness. Better change it to “the annual big college basketball tournament”.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
I was extremely disappointed as a child the moment I learned that March Madness was just some lame basketball thing. The name implies so much more than that.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

EL BROMANCE posted:

March Madness? Why that could be confused for whenever owns Atari this weeks trademark of Marble Madness. Better change it to “the annual big college basketball tournament”.

How is the Washington Football Team doing these days? I don’t follow sports, but when I learned the name changed I was glad, but also felt it was kinda ballsy and distinct to have such a plain name. It’s like stuff labeled BEANS or BEER in some Impact-adjacent font, black text on a white label. My parents followed the team in the 60s/70s and despite my never caring as much I’m tempted to get a maroon tee with the team name in gold font. Literally “City Name Sports Team.” Marketing successful I guess!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

How is the Washington Football Team doing these days? I don’t follow sports, but when I learned the name changed I was glad, but also felt it was kinda ballsy and distinct to have such a plain name. It’s like stuff labeled BEANS or BEER in some Impact-adjacent font, black text on a white label. My parents followed the team in the 60s/70s and despite my never caring as much I’m tempted to get a maroon tee with the team name in gold font. Literally “City Name Sports Team.” Marketing successful I guess!

Backed into the playoffs by being the "best" team in the worst division in the league and got booted in the first round by the eventual Super Bowl winners.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

I was really hoping Cleveland followed suit and had the "Cleveland Baseball Team" for awhile. Need to get me some CBT merch.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

I usually go to extreme restraints for my CBT merchandise.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

How is the Washington Football Team doing these days?

They always said it was a temporary name until they decided the permanent one, but I’m still pretty sure it was a back door way of testing it out and now the reaction has died out and nobody really laughs at it anymore, it’ll probably keep being used.

At first I laughed too, but then I came around pretty quickly. It makes them sound historic, like they were named prior to teams with ‘silly mascot names’ and the like. Hate them because they’re in my division, but yeah the name is good.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

They know what is what, but they don't know what is what. They just strut. WFT.

-Fatboy Slim

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
They've announced they will change the team name in 2022.
There is a site for fans to workshop a new team name and logo, and the submissions are displayed publicly
https://www.washingtonjourney.com/the-latest/

Would be a shame if someone... you know

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
The Washington Washing Tonys.

[tony soprano in a bathtub]

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Drunk Nerds posted:

It's just a man grasping a football between his two hands. It's good to see he's married, as it promotes family values.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Drunk Nerds posted:

They've announced they will change the team name in 2022.
There is a site for fans to workshop a new team name and logo, and the submissions are displayed publicly
https://www.washingtonjourney.com/the-latest/

Looking at the URL the Washington Journey isn't the worst team name ever, but feels more like a soccer team name.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Let's be real, the only reason anybody gives a poo poo is because they're gambling on it.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Maigius posted:

Looking at the URL the Washington Journey isn't the worst team name ever, but feels more like a soccer team name.

I mean, so does "washington football team" so it'd be a lateral move.

e: I don't think any new team name won't sound lovely. Like, washington wizards sounds good to me because it's been that way since I was a kid, but I bet it sounded really stupid at the time when switching from the bullets.

SpacePig has a new favorite as of 18:22 on Mar 11, 2021

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

I've said it before and I'll say it again: The (George) Washington Carvers, aka the Fightin' Peanuts.

Laopooh
Jul 15, 2000

EL BROMANCE posted:

It's just a man grasping a football between his two hands. It's good to see he's married, as it promotes family values.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sunswipe posted:

I just can't bring myself to have much sympathy for someone who looked around at all that life offers and thought "I want to spend most of my waking moments attaching machines to cows' tits." Not saying all dairy farmers are perverts, I'm sure some were just raised by perverts and don't realise their are better ways to live.
look at this loving post lmao