Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

wuggles posted:

What does the thread feel about River City Girls? It came out around the same time as SOR4 and also looked good

its good. the music is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bring back a proper remaster of Turtles in Time please. Not the bad one from xbox 360.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Playing the crosscode dlc and boy im not good at the combat in this or I need to get good again

I also feel like the combat has been way stepped up in difficulty, the pvp fight vs apollo is completely insane, I can barely touch him

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://twitter.com/playismEN/status/1369672653284405248

aww yeaaa

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

This looks rad but I have never heard of any of these games

What is this (don't say SOTN)

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
lodoss wars looks like a cool offbrand castlevania. man i vaguely remember this anime from my teen anime phase just browsing screenshots of random animes I couldn't acquire. I thought it was about alien elfs doing a big fantasy war or something.

p.s. is the game only available in polite island language or is there a vulgar colonial option?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

wuggles posted:

its sotn

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Apparently Record of Lodoss War is a franchise extending all the way back to 1988 :psyduck:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Lodoss started as a Japanese guy’s DnD campaign or something like that, iirc

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

lodoss war is cool because it started out as just some people's D&D game that they published replays of, that they then rewrote into fantasy novels and became japans equivalent of lord of the rings

at some point they looped back around and made their own lodoss war ttrpg system, so they could remove all references to actual D&D

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Wait a minute...Lodoss backwards is Dracula!

wuggles posted:

A miserable little pile of secrets

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoZJlSEM3yY

they came out with a lodoss war runescape in 2016

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'll wait for the Bluray of Lodoss War.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Rinkles posted:

Lodoss started as a Japanese guy’s DnD campaign or something like that, iirc
Yeah, there's an ancient OVA as well.

The metroidvania game is supposed to be really good, so I'm looking forward to that.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

wow i did not know that they made an incredibly lovely-looking lodoss diablo clone for dreamcast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZC5B6VmARA&t=310s

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

exquisite tea posted:

It won't be as 'warm'.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Weedle posted:

wow i did not know that they made an incredibly lovely-looking lodoss diablo clone for dreamcast

I’ve heard it’s not completely awful

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Weedle posted:

this one also came out here for some inexplicable reason. its not bad though, especially by lodoss war standards. a lot of them are real questionable knockoffs of other rpgs

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
It looks better than Diablo 2 in any case, check out that real 3d

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Something about the title "Record of Lodoss War" just bugs me. It just sounds like a boring 10000 episode anime thing.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

"bury my shell at wounded knee."

haveblue posted:

shoot beat the mans

This is like that terminator meme

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Unironically want to play Record of Lodoss War Online. But it looks like it is no longer available.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Unironically want to play Record of Lodoss War Online. But it looks like it is no longer available.
it was an isometric korean mmo, theyre all the same. just go play ragnarok or tree of savior or something

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the Lodoss metroidvania dev also made Touhou Luna Nights

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

have not heard of lodoss before today but everyone else seems to know it - not sure if it's real

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Researching it for the first time, and it doesn't seem to be really known in the west at all, it's primarily a Japanese thing from what I can see from limited research so far.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Loduss War was in one of those "japanimation" vhs mail order commericals I used to see on TV back in the mid-90s.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the anime was relatively popular in the west, in the 90s

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Yeah I remember seeing VHS tapes for Lodoss War in the... Suncoast Video? of my mall like 20 years ago.

Typing that sentence made me feel old.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

xedo posted:

Yeah I remember seeing VHS tapes for Lodoss War in the... Suncoast Video? of my mall like 20 years ago.

Typing that sentence made me feel old.

Same, I remember learning about it during my anime phase but never getting around to watching it. This was also about 20 years ago, when anime was having a moment in general

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I missed cat pic hours? Well here they are anyway.

For bonus points here's my dog too.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
some observations about sonic chronicles: the dark brotherhood, in no particular order:

-there are about 15-20 seconds of silence between loops in the background music. i knew going in that there'd been issues with the music but not to that extent
-lots of stock sound effects evocative of humongous entertainment pc games
-this is the second sonic game on the ds to crib gameplay from elite beat agents/ouendan
-your healing moves can miss if you flub the qte
-the game tells you turn order for your party but not for the enemies
-the stats named Attack and Defense are actually for accuracy and evasion. relatedly, attacks miss frequently
-enemies will sometimes try to run away and you then play an auto-runner minigame. if they do escape then you don't get anything, even from enemies you defeated
-enemies scale with your level but their rewards do not appear to
-dialogue options let you decide whether to be polite goodboy sonic or snarky rudeboy sonic
-
-Visit our community website at https://sonic.bioware.com!

my only goal is to be as nice to amy rose as possible

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i played that game because i was like "a bioware game?? on the ds?????" and boy was it Not What I Was Looking For

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i've never played any bioware games before and am assuming this is exactly what they're all like, just with generic scifi and generic fantasy trappings instead

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I bought Sonic Chronicles because I was thinking "Oh boy, I love both Sonic and RPGs! This is gonna be great!"

(It was not, in fact, great)

At least you can use Cream to completely break the game in two

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Looper posted:

i've never played any bioware games before and am assuming this is exactly what they're all like, just with generic scifi and generic fantasy trappings instead
yeah pretty much

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I’ve never read up on how that partnership ended up happening and who oversaw the project.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

ymgve posted:

Something about the title "Record of Lodoss War" just bugs me. It just sounds like a boring 10000 episode anime thing.

you're not wrong, it's basically some people's not-DnD not-campaign exploded into a anime/game/novel franchise. also i thin ki did download or buy one of the OVAs for it eventually because i remember those bigass elf ears and thinking of them again once WoW came out and they were leaning hard into big rear end elf ears + eyebrows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Idk why but I used to hate those horizontal elf ears. Then I got over it.