Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Shappa posted:

Was expecting a lot more action in this thread today. Maybe the below-NAV dip that a lot of SPAC's have taken have scared off the action, guess we're all just hunkered down waiting for things to happen now.

We all really hang in the discord. This week has been frantic stock swapping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
My portfolio is completely different from 24h ago, I think everyone went radio silent while they were reconfiguring and doing napkin math

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Yep it was a crazy day and now I'm expecting to be rolling in dough in 3 months. So many things fell from 15-20 to 10! My whole portfolio was redone in 24 hours :psyduck:

Sorry, it was moving fast and the discussion was pretty much in the Discord. That Reddit post I linked had most of my major moves.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

yr new gurlfrand! posted:

My portfolio is completely different from 24h ago, I think everyone went radio silent while they were reconfiguring and doing napkin math

Yeah. I have to see what I'm in now. I had a plan.

Now I have some amazing das that fell.

Pastrami
May 27, 2004
Fear the Lunch Meat
My faith in SPACs coming back is now restored. Even if we crater on Monday/etc. I am much less worried that SPACs will take forever to come back. From price action today during the run up, it’s obvious people are eager to jump back in to (good pre-DA and good DA) SPACs! Swap those crappy NAV commons/units for good commons/units! My big targets thus far have been SRNGU, AACQ, ALUS, ALTU.

EDIT: To clarify, swap crappy NAV stuff for good >>NAV<< stuff (all of the above tickers were at 10.20 or less earlier today).

Pastrami fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Mar 6, 2021

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
AJAX is in talks with UK online-only used car company Cazoo, per Bloomberg.

https://news.sky.com/story/cazoo-founder-weighs-6bn-merger-with-hedge-fund-tycoon-ochs-cash-shell-12237472

Very disappointing. I'm glad I sold my AJAX on Monday. Bigger things were expected from this SPAC.

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre

FistEnergy posted:

AJAX is in talks with UK online-only used car company Cazoo, per Bloomberg.

https://news.sky.com/story/cazoo-founder-weighs-6bn-merger-with-hedge-fund-tycoon-ochs-cash-shell-12237472

Very disappointing. I'm glad I sold my AJAX on Monday. Bigger things were expected from this SPAC.

Why are you disappointed?

Because it's a UK-based company? Because of the industry segment? Because other rumored companies didn't pan out?

Cazoo can be compared with US-based Vroom, which is currently trading at over $30 a share.

Cazoo was valued at over $2 billion in Octobor 2020; Vroom had a similar valuation when it went public in June 2020.

Two weeks ago Cazoo announced that they acquired a German car service company; in December they similarly announced acquisition of a car service company with presence in European capitals Lisbon, Paris, and Bucharest. It's clear that they plan to expand their service across continental Europe. Lots of room for an upside, no?

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Tortilla Maker posted:

Because it's a UK-based company? Because of the industry segment? Because other rumored companies didn't pan out?

Cazoo can be compared with US-based Vroom, which is currently trading at over $30 a share.

Cazoo was valued at over $2 billion in Octobor 2020; Vroom had a similar valuation when it went public in June 2020.

Two weeks ago Cazoo announced that they acquired a German car service company; in December they similarly announced acquisition of a car service company with presence in European capitals Lisbon, Paris, and Bucharest. It's clear that they plan to expand their service across continental Europe. Lots of room for an upside, no?

Because the 8 billion dollar valuation is enormous.

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man
Anybody else holding or buying SNRH? I finished reading the prospectus and I'm feeling pretty good about the 30 shares I have and I'm definitely going to be expanding my position. I know it's a "lower" value SPAC (345 mil vs. some of the big dogs like CVII with 1.2 bil) and senior healthcare isn't precisely sexy like electric cars or some privately held app that wipes butts or whatever, but the people behind it and the underwriting institutions seem pretty solid. I'm still fairly new to this, just wanted to see if anybody else was looking at this one? I'm not expecting a massive pop or quick DA on this one, which I guess isn't the best strategy, but it's very close to NAV right now.

grenada
Apr 20, 2013
Relax.

Poco posted:

Anybody else holding or buying SNRH? I finished reading the prospectus and I'm feeling pretty good about the 30 shares I have and I'm definitely going to be expanding my position. I know it's a "lower" value SPAC (345 mil vs. some of the big dogs like CVII with 1.2 bil) and senior healthcare isn't precisely sexy like electric cars or some privately held app that wipes butts or whatever, but the people behind it and the underwriting institutions seem pretty solid. I'm still fairly new to this, just wanted to see if anybody else was looking at this one? I'm not expecting a massive pop or quick DA on this one, which I guess isn't the best strategy, but it's very close to NAV right now.

It has a really, really strong management team. Whether it will be a good play? Who knows! A lot of "high-quality" management teams are merging with tiny startups with no revenue and giving them multi-billion dollar valuations. It's dangerous out there in SPAC land!

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Tortilla Maker posted:

Seems like a boring and un-sexy target for a hyped SPAC. It's not the kind of market that's going to excite retail investors, especially after the Carlotz SPAC was such a dud. And the valuation was 1 billion like 1.5 years ago I think? I guess we'll see.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

I have been gradually shifting my SPAC money to only the big boys, and with the dip made it official. All my play money is in CVIIU and SRNGU with a cost basis below $10.20. I don't feel like I'll regret it.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
It's looking like another red day tomorrow due to rising treasury rates, which would be perfect for loading up on signed DAs that I missed on Friday. There's so much good stuff below $11, I don't see any need to risk buying any higher.

I'm looking at AHAC SFTW AONE AACQ ALUS FTOC NGAC NHIC SNPR STIC if it's a small dip. I'll wait to load up on big fish like APXT DMYI NPA THCB if it's another Friday morning and everything's diving back to $10.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
New list is out! Lots of additions this time, since last week's SPAC correction brought a lot of good signed DAs back under $11. A lot of the good ones are still under $12. I also started keeping track of unit split dates. I'm going to try buying units in bulk a few days to a week before the split, to cash in on the free warrants. I'll probably sell the commons asap and hold on to the free warrants, as the newly split commons probably won't do much for at least a few months.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Sideways morning isn't all bad.

Averaged down on CVIIU, DHHCU and SPAQU. Splits coming in the next month. Would really like to cycle out of ADERU but the split is supposed to be this week, so I'll at least hold on for my free warrants. Otherwise mostly just holding the line. Might pick up some AACQ commons but still mulling it over.

Chad Sexington fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Mar 8, 2021

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Wifi Toilet posted:

Bought into SWBK on today’s “dip.” It’s my first SPAC that I am paying a big premium for, let’s see how badly this works out for me.

LOL

Can we have a few green spacs today, as a treat?

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

Wifi Toilet posted:

LOL

Can we have a few green spacs today, as a treat?

Have you split off the warrants yet?

e: Oh hey, a green day, I remember these.

Chad Sexington fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Mar 9, 2021

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Up 20% on IPOE since buying in late last week. Should I sell and roll the gains into something else?

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
That's a pretty good gain. IPOE was at 25 a month ago, so you have to decide if you're willing to take the risk that it recovers further.

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

FistEnergy posted:

That's a pretty good gain. IPOE was at 25 a month ago, so you have to decide if you're willing to take the risk that it recovers further.

i ended up selling IPOE for 17% gain and CAPA for 15% gain before markets closed. now looking for more stuff to invest those gains into..

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man
SNRH and SVOK below NAV, dang it. I get paid day after tomorrow, hoping they stay that way so can expand my position and average down on them

movax
Aug 30, 2008

What's RUMINT been saying about SVOK's target? It's an interesting sector, but not sure if I have seen the specific companies named / rumored that they might eat.

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man

movax posted:

What's RUMINT been saying about SVOK's target? It's an interesting sector, but not sure if I have seen the specific companies named / rumored that they might eat.

Rumor mill stuff I've been reading is saying Impossible Foods, but it sounds like they have many potential suitors. If not them, maybe like... Amy's or something?

Could be something like a green energy company too. Team is solid (like SNRH), so at below NAV I'm thinking it's got a good bit of upside for little potential downside. Again I'm new at this and not investing a whole ton of money and nothing I say is financial advice, etc.

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Is there a place to check when units will split? I have SPAQ.U and SRNGU and might want to load up on extra units since it's currently below my buy in right before they split

grenada
Apr 20, 2013
Relax.

DoubleT2172 posted:

Is there a place to check when units will split? I have SPAQ.U and SRNGU and might want to load up on extra units since it's currently below my buy in right before they split

https://spactrack.net/activespacs/

You can also set up a google news alert which is super easy.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

DoubleT2172 posted:

It's usually 52 days after IPO. Spactrack.net usually has the estimated dates. I'm big into SPAQ as well so I know that one is still three weeks off.

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
ARYA is up almost 9% this morning. Did they announce something?

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
IMO NGAC/NHIC/NSH/ALUS are still no brainers. Still around 10.50 for good signed DAs with real products and revenue. 5% downside and at least 25% upside.

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

FistEnergy posted:

IMO NGAC/NHIC/NSH/ALUS are still no brainers. Still around 10.50 for good signed DAs with real products and revenue. 5% downside and at least 25% upside.

Which one is your favorite, out of those?

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

Which one is your favorite, out of those?

ALUS which hit $15 pre-crash, or NGAC which hit $14.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Attn: this thread

https://twitter.com/SEC_Investor_Ed/status/1369693319220101121?s=20

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

Um, I think Shaq knows what he is doing, SEC?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Today is a welcome sight, I’ve been holding GIK IPOD and IPOF since before my “keep it under 11, bub” policy.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Vox’s Recode podcast did a whole episode on SPACs, so ... the party is prob over

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

jeeves posted:

Vox’s Recode podcast did a whole episode on SPACs, so ... the party is prob over

Or more dumb money on the way to take our bags?

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Chad Sexington posted:

Or more dumb money on the way to take our bags?

yeah, i mean we might be in the "media attention" phase

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Oh to simply be in the denial phase again.

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man
SVOK is rumored to be in talk with Boxed. Got in below NAV this morning!

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-03-11/online-retailer-boxed-said-in-merger-talks-with-seven-oaks-spac?sref=vdKurlBI

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
CFIV up 4% after hours for no reason? I'll take it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
It's definitely starting to feel like we're Back :angel: