Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Cannon_Fodder posted:

t34B

well, let's see how this plays out.

Treat it like a TD and not a heavy, you will understand why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
I went with the Caern over the Chrysler or T34b.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Mesadoram posted:

Treat it like a TD and not a heavy, you will understand why.

I wish they would change it to a TD, up its gun a bit, make something else worse, then we got a baby T30 T8 premium.

Pioneer42
Jun 8, 2010
So prepare for chat full of camping heavy and heavy why won’t you push complaints.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Logged in to get a loot box and got the Death Star offered at the fourth attempt, even though I have not played since Christmas.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I got trash

I could get the PZ IV Hydro or the PZ V/IV I guess, I could also get the Chrysler K but since US doesn't actually have a line of rear mounted tanks not that interested in it.

Bummer

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
RE: T34B - Understood.

I'm a pretty aggressive heavy tank player and this might be a good trainer to not be a completely hung out to dry.

This thing really does look like the t30. I hope it's not a total wet fart but the DPM is real low.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
5G gold and 3m credits later I got the Caern. I guess it's an ok deal. I see they are planning to liquidate all the extra BPs in the game for their next event. I wonder if they plan on any other changes to BPs after that and they just want everybody to burn their BPs before that, or if that's all they have planned.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I chose the 5/4 and took it out for a spin.

I am gathering as long as people don't shoot my turret I should be ok. I blocked a ton of shots from people in the game I played.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Im thinking 5/4, the Chrysler comes up for sale all the time if I really wanted it.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BadLlama posted:

I wish they would change it to a TD, up its gun a bit, make something else worse, then we got a baby T30 T8 premium.

I miss that tank when it was T9. It was a DPS monster IIRC, gun was fantastic.

Then they changed it into a premium and poo poo all over it. But yeah, changing it into a TD and just fixing the gun would make that thing so much better.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Got a 13 57, probably worth it I guess.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Vando posted:

Got a 13 57, probably worth it I guess.

That tank looks like a ton of fun if you're any good with lights (not me, I am not that, I am a baddie)

Sayara
May 10, 2009

Mesadoram posted:

I miss that tank when it was T9. It was a DPS monster IIRC, gun was fantastic.

Then they changed it into a premium and poo poo all over it. But yeah, changing it into a TD and just fixing the gun would make that thing so much better.

First iteration on test server it was practically the same, but by the time it reached live they nerfed the gun ridiculously hard.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Katamari Democracy posted:

I chose the 5/4 and took it out for a spin.

I am gathering as long as people don't shoot my turret I should be ok. I blocked a ton of shots from people in the game I played.

You're correct in that assumption. I have mine setup as Rammer/Spall Liner/Reinforced Chassis. When you're a rammer, the extra track health and 8% hp can mean an extra shot or three at T5.

Kinda like the Awful Panther, you get bonus depression but only when broadsiding so the gun can hang out over the side of the tank.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Sayara posted:

First iteration on test server it was practically the same, but by the time it reached live they nerfed the gun ridiculously hard.

Honestly, if they just reduced the HP and left the gun at the vanilla stats it would be perfectly balanced in today's meta lol.

Edit:

Holy poo poo I actually found a picture of the stats:

Double Edit: My poo poo math is rounding to be about 2600 DPM. Which in hindsight is kind of high for a T8 heavy but perfectly OK for a T8 TD.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Mar 10, 2021

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
My choices are:
Panzer V/IV
Lansen C
Alpine Tiger
Caern Action X
EBR 75

The V/IV is kinda temping for its rareness (although less so now I guess!), but I also like UK tanks so the Action X is also an option. Does anyone have thoughts on these? I have a ton of premiums so money-making isn't a big deal and I barely play WoT these days. I just want something that will briefly make me feel alive again.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Darkrenown posted:

I just want something that will briefly make me feel alive again.

get the EBR you clown

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BadLlama posted:

get the EBR you clown

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
If you do not have the EBR It's recommended you get it. And if you are not already going down the French line; you need to do so. It's incredibly good.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

So has anyone else joined the SU-76I club yet? :grin:

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Huh, ok, EBR it is then. Annoyingly it was my first offer so I could have saved that silver!

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

McGavin posted:

So has anyone else joined the SU-76I club yet? :grin:

The true :troll: here is that the SU-76I is a natural counter for the potential glut of Pz2Js.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The true :troll: here is that the SU-76I is a natural counter for the potential glut of Pz2Js.

See! WG is just trying to balance everything out!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I picked the best time to start grinding Czech mediums. Got up to Tier 3 in two games, then it's a sea of SU-76is, FCM 36s and other balans mediums as far as the eye can see.

At least I avoided the Pz V/IVs today. But probably not for long :sigh:

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Oh God I forgot I own the FCM 36 and I need to start trolling people immediately.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

The really hosed up thing is that most people have the "I can sell the tanks I don't play for silver" thing going for them and, well, that ain't me:

M103 (upon completion) - 1,913,860
Indien Panzer (upon completion) - 1,388,181
T-44 (only after getting a T-44-100) - 1,276,700
S-51 (screw SPGs) - 855,255
FV304 (screw SPGs) - 478,750

Pretty much everything else I own is an active grind or a premium.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Because we are bouncing tanks around. I would like to know some of you guys your favorite top 5 tanks that you own. Premium or tech tree.

Ill give mine a little later. I would like to put a little effort but I figured I would get the ball rolling.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Sell large repair and med kits. I had like 3k of each in my garage and sold 1k for a cool 10 mil.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Pls send help, I think I might be enjoying the St. Emil a little too much?
Put a rotation device, optics and a turbo on and after unlocking all the modules, the 12.8 can do surprising things with 15° of gun depression when played actively.
Mostly going with the heavies, a lot of enemies seem to be slightly befuddled seeing it close to the frontlines before catching a 500 damage shell to the face. Ofc I die a lot, too.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Because we are bouncing tanks around. I would like to know some of you guys your favorite top 5 tanks that you own. Premium or tech tree.

Ill give mine a little later. I would like to put a little effort but I figured I would get the ball rolling.

progetto 54 quickly rose up to be my new favorite.
ebr105 is busted and good
vk100p is really good better than the premium version even.
lt432 is busted and can ram almost every light it encounters.
borsig slaps like no tomorrow with the 15cm gun. But requires turbo to be good.

vk7501k is also underestimated tank. The gunhandling is really nice on it. and alpha is great. Shame dpm is bit low

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
KD's Top five favorite tanks.

5: Primo Victoria

I really enjoy power metal and Sabaton is one of my favorite bands of all time. The crew voices and the tank itself taken itself from the music video named after the same name just screams good. However many people kinda find this tank to me very meh. I personally find the tank very fun to play and very simple for people getting into mediums. There are better medium tanks to be had but this one stands out to me as far as badassery goes.

Keep in mind this isn't a very good tank to own if you plan on going down Sweden lines. Its best to keep the crew where it belongs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVHyl0P_P-M

4: IS-3A

Do you enjoy playing the IS-3? The IS-3A is the same exact tank but way more broken. A reverse autoloader, 3 crew skill, and just as flexible and reliable as the same tank in it's tier? The IS-3A has almost no drawbacks when it comes to playing it. This tank begs you to save shots and blast them at the enemy; do not do this. If you have any able opportunity to hit anything you need to do so. And if you run out of shots you need to pretend you are playing in a regular IS-3.

It's very broken.

3: Obj 274a

Imagine Patton switched sides and made love to the IS-3. This is a real under rated gem among mediums. It plays a little bit like the LIS but it has a large amount of Russian energy and can really turn tides provided its in a good flank. What sets this apart from the other Russian mediums its its loving turret. It's got Patton's blessing and dares people to shoot at it. Only to block capitalists' rounds every which way and has the mobility to boot. This was going to be my number 2 spot as I love this tank. But you will see why I put this at 3.

2: ST-II

This is in my opinion one of the best heavies in the game. It's got two guns, and incredible frontal turret armor, and is capable of bitch slapping people back into the garage. DO NOT UNDERISTIMATE THE TURRET. The cupola might be an eyesore for some. But with -8 gun depression it can be fierce in a lot of locations for a heavy. And nobody likes seeing it because its hard to hit frontally. The Salvo is incredibly fun provided you use it property and its mobility is decent. I personally like to think of this tank as a Russian Progetto. Just witth way less ammo and a much harder face.

1: SU-130PM

This to me is the ultimate stealth warrior. Forget the E25 and other stealthy vehicles. The SU-130PM if played properly is just a monster and is a good defense provided your team mates do not poo poo the bed. The only thing that makes this tank rough to play is you need to have a very good crew to abuse and force this tank into its full potential. I personally have mastered this tank down to a science and am able to really be a burden on the enemy provided I play the map correctly. Mastered and marked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdfx5aeClpU

Edit: Bitches who dont love the SU-130PM's cannon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bGlWiOMoAc

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Mar 11, 2021

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

EBR 75, Lynx, EBR105, BORRASQUEEEE, Stug III

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

In no order

1) Progetto
2) Standard B
3) IS-3-II
4) VK 72.01 K
5) T-10

Bonus: E-75

Fake Edit: I like heavies and auto-loaders.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Best tech tree tanks at tier 7

1. Black Prince
2. WZ-131
3. Comet
4. KV-13
5. T71 CMCD

Gorman Thomas fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Mar 11, 2021

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

what sin have I done,

plz add the BP as my #1 tank

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

:hfive:

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
You cant have BP thats a sin

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

I'm good at the Matilda apparently, what are some tanks like that? Also is there a goon tank discord? PANSY looks like its been dead for sometime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

It would be interesting to see if WG publishes data about how many Type 59G, Pz2J, and SU-76is got added to each server.

I'm contenting myself with the fact that I probably got my rarest offer straight away with the Deathstar. Most rolls seem to be two uncommons and three :nallears:, or if you're a whale, one uncommon, three :nallears:, and one :swoon: rare.

For those who got the 59G, always platoon in it, and stay with your platoon-mates, make yourself a "mini-boss" that haters have to grind through to get their kill.