Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Boywhiz88 posted:

I hate it because it puts the nail in the "unbiased factual world." I know everything is propagandized and you're guided towards certain modes of thinking, viewpoints, etc. by media and advertising and the people in your life. But drat, these folks can't just stick to "Yeah, he said this." You can provide more context after but that mixture thing is suuuuuuch bullshit.

does Snopes still do the thing where if they don't like the conclusion to their research, they just put the evidence and don't give it a rating at all

always saw that as a "here you fucks - figure it out yourselves!" gesture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I can't even read a single complete tweet from this account; my eyes reflexively glaze over in order to protect my brain

Excelzior has issued a correction as of 18:52 on Mar 10, 2021

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

This is disrespectful to everyone involved including the dog.

Boywhiz88 posted:

I hate it because it puts the nail in the "unbiased factual world." I know everything is propagandized and you're guided towards certain modes of thinking, viewpoints, etc. by media and advertising and the people in your life. But drat, these folks can't just stick to "Yeah, he said this." You can provide more context after but that mixture thing is suuuuuuch bullshit.

Fact checkers are bullshit in the first place since they are just journalists using the word "fact" to give their lazy editorials way more weight than they would normally have but once you start using "mixed" to describe if something is straight up a fact or not you have totally made yourself irrelevant. There's room for nuance but most of the time things are way more black and white than the people trying to hem and haw why their team is doing bad things would like their audience to believe.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

they should have known secret service would get injured defending biden when they let Racism Watchdog into the white house

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Excelzior posted:

I can't even read a single complete tweet from this account; my eyes reflexively glaze over in order to protect my brain

The people in the replies are prehaps the dumbest marks I think I have every seen.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Nichael posted:

PETE???? WHERE ARE YOU PETE? WE HAVE A PROBLEM THAT REQUIRES YOUR SKILLS.... CODE: CHATSEN

every time he thinks he's finally out, they suck him back in

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Eggplant Squire posted:

This is disrespectful to everyone involved including the dog.

I have a reactive rescue dog too, and, some people freak the gently caress out about any sort of defensive behavior (see: people who try to get dogs put down at the drop of a hat, especially while exhibiting literal dog racism which is linked to literal human racism) but poo poo like this where you try to be all dismissive of it is far more dangerous because it leads to more people getting hurt, and isn't even helpful to the dog because they don't enjoy freaking out and biting people either (plus eventually a secret service guy is gonna go into full training mode and blow its goddamn brains out)

being cutesy about the dismissiveness is mostly just annoying

Seriously these dogs should never have been brought to the goddamn white house. They should never have been put in a position where they're frequently interacting with strangers that aren't dog professionals, in and out of their territory by no rhyme or reason that a dog can comprehend. I'm quite sure if you tell a dog trainer or caretaker what happened they'll be like "well yeah, of course a guy got bit, the dog is terrified and the guy doesn't know what he's doing, get the dog the gently caress out of there."

The absolute troglodyte who runs this twitter account doesn't actually care though, they just want to keep making godawful dog puns and pretending everything is ok. They're a dog enthusiast.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

loquacius posted:

I have a reactive rescue dog too, and, some people freak the gently caress out about any sort of defensive behavior (see: people who try to get dogs put down at the drop of a hat, especially while exhibiting literal dog racism which is linked to literal human racism) but poo poo like this where you try to be all dismissive of it is far more dangerous because it leads to more people getting hurt, and isn't even helpful to the dog because they don't enjoy freaking out and biting people either (plus eventually a secret service guy is gonna go into full training mode and blow its goddamn brains out)

Seriously these dogs should never have been brought to the goddamn white house. They should never have been put in a position where they're frequently interacting with strangers that aren't dog professionals, in and out of their territory by no rhyme or reason that a dog can comprehend. I'm quite sure if you tell a dog trainer or caretaker what happened they'll be like "well yeah, of course a guy got bit, the dog is terrified and the guy doesn't know what he's doing, get the dog the gently caress out of there."

The absolute troglodyte who runs this twitter account doesn't actually care though, they just want to keep making godawful dog puns and pretending everything is ok. They're a dog enthusiast.

what about the cat tho

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

that Legally Blonde line about how happy people don't shoot their husbands, except it's about how happy dogs don't bite secret servicemen

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

loquacius posted:

Yeah this is my take as well. Additionally a dog biting someone is a big deal, especially for the dog that faces the penalty of being euthenized. This lovely twitter account isn't respecting that and the idiots replying to a fake dog character and calling it a Good Boy like the actual animal it's pretending to represent was apologizing is terminal brain worms.

I've mostly ignored that cringey account since it's just more grifting off suckers but this one really rubs me the wrong way since it actually could be serious for the dog it supposedly cares about.

gradenko_2000 posted:

what about the cat tho

it was going to blow up the internet but that set off an alert and it was arrested under the Patriot Act.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

what about the cat tho

Unlike the rescue dogs, any cat this administration obtains at this point will be purchased from the world's fanciest and most overpriced breeder and selectively bred for cartoon cuteness and utter docility

basically like Bailey but a cat

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Eggplant Squire posted:

Yeah this is my take as well. Additionally a dog biting someone is a big deal, especially for the dog that faces the penalty of being euthenized. This lovely twitter account isn't respecting that and the idiots replying to a fake dog character and calling it a Good Boy like the actual animal it's pretending to represent was apologizing is terminal brain worms.

I mean, they're Democrats, of course they're going to disbelieve accusers

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Eggplant Squire posted:

I've mostly ignored that cringey account since it's just more grifting off suckers but this one really rubs me the wrong way since it actually could be serious for the dog it supposedly cares about.

it was going to blow up the internet but that set off an alert and it was arrested under the Patriot Act.

There exist multiple people in this country that could have, if they so chose, utilized the justice system to get my dog killed at an early age

That kind of knowledge makes you take reactive behavior very loving seriously

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

gradenko_2000 posted:

what about the cat tho

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Smythe posted:

Gonna curl up in my reading nook with a good book and some tea :3: also kiss my freaking BOY FRIEND on the lips. Sike. Gaming time.

NGL everyone I've ever met who self identifies as a "voracious reader" is a softbrained lib.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Yinlock posted:

remember how every time trump broke a law there was a cut to some lawyer sheepishly being like "well that's more of a norm than a law, but it's still Very Bad that he broke it!!!"

It's so loving funny that we did genuinely have one of the most criminal sitting presidents in office and literally nothing the libs freaked out over was an actual law. Like, you could go after him for the shameless self-enrichment for him and his family but then we'd have to look at Hunter and Kamala's fail niece or whatever that freak is, so I guess we better just spend a month having a national meltdown over him being a ticky-tacky wannabe mafia character to the nazi lover in charge of Ukraine.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

sexpig by night posted:

It's so loving funny that we did genuinely have one of the most criminal sitting presidents in office and literally nothing the libs freaked out over was an actual law. Like, you could go after him for the shameless self-enrichment for him and his family but then we'd have to look at Hunter and Kamala's fail niece or whatever that freak is, so I guess we better just spend a month having a national meltdown over him being a ticky-tacky wannabe mafia character to the nazi lover in charge of Ukraine.

Impeachment probably would have actually worked if the dems had done it in some way that didn't involve protecting hunter biden at all costs

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

DACK FAYDEN posted:

hey there are like five things the president can't do

the requirements to get on that list is 1) the Constitution must explicitly put the power in the hands of Congress and 2) the members of Congress have to take it personally if the president tries to stop them or take it away

they need both the boring written law and also the pure burning spite

can we invoke the 3rd amendment to kick the president (military commander-in-chief) out of the white house (the people's house)?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

loquacius posted:

Impeachment probably would have actually worked if the dems had done it in some way that didn't involve protecting hunter biden at all costs

seriously if they used the track of 'okay yea Hunter probably is a corrupt little freak too but you actually can't do poo poo like this even to other corrupt freaks so that's not really a defense' it'd at least have given a way longer lasting stink or something.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

was there not a single broom nearby?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Plank Walker posted:

can we invoke the 3rd amendment to kick the president (military commander-in-chief) out of the white house (the people's house)?

Probably not, since, even though he's C-in-C, he's still a civilian. But I like the way you're thinking!

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
impeachment conviction should just be a simple majority. it's just getting fired from a job because you suck, the president isn't supposed to be royalty.

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

bedpan posted:

Arthur C Clarke moved to Sri Lanka because he particularly liked molesting the young boys in that country.

Everyone knew. No one cared.

mannnn :(

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

WoodrowSkillson posted:

was there not a single broom nearby?

there's a lot of train to move to

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/stealyoredbull/status/1369310124125413379

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Dolphin posted:

impeachment conviction should just be a simple majority. it's just getting fired from a job because you suck, the president isn't supposed to be royalty.

Honestly I wish we WERE impeaching presidents all the time willy-nilly. It'd put the fear of God in 'em. Sure it'd erode public faith in our institutions etc etc blah blah blah, but here's the thing: good

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

have we embedded Ducklo y et?!?! we're running out of time!

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

NGL everyone I've ever met who self identifies as a "voracious reader" is a softbrained lib.

I'm not lib but I've read ~30 books this year

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
im not sure sailor moon gave a poo poo about politics but im not exactly a scholar so i will defer to the adtrw boys

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Wait am I a softbrained lib?

Ghost of RBG
Sep 21, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

What the gently caress is this

Ghost of RBG
Sep 21, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Why are demon crackers so obsessed with loving dogs lmao

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Mayor Dave posted:

Wait am I a softbrained lib?

astronaut gun meme

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Smythe posted:

im not sure sailor moon gave a poo poo about politics but im not exactly a scholar so i will defer to the adtrw boys

I person who has to both fight evil by moonlight and find love by daylight is a working class comrade.

Also Sailor Mars roasted a poo poo load of pigs once

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Ghost of RBG posted:

this kind of poo poo is one of those gen-z criticisms of millennials where I'm just like, yeah ok fair

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

zegermans posted:

have we embedded Ducklo y et?!?! we're running out of time!

embed Ducklo...

... six feet into the ground...

... after he dies of cancer

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Ghost of RBG posted:

Dogs own, please do not gently caress your dog

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Mayor Dave posted:

please do not gently caress your dog

https://twitter.com/guaph/status/1293365458838708224

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

as usual Sailor Moon is correct, aside from sick guillotine memes what are these guys actually doing with this sudden position of genuine power? Like, they've got about a year at most before the dems they hermit crabbed out of the office just rinse them with the full weight of the establishment and their blue/red pact with state republicans, what are they doing in that time to make them too popular to crush?