Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I saw Lodoss War during one of those midnight anime showings that were a thing here for a short while during the early Oughts, and I thought it was okay, but you can tell that it's basically a summary of a much longer sequence of events.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Fun fact: the chao you can hatch and equip are entirely random, and one allows you to ignore the rhythm game sections entirely for one character. Chao eggs are also limited per playthrough so it's entirely possible to "miss" some through no fault of your own.

Motto fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Mar 10, 2021

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
i rented lodoss war on VHS as a kid and it was badly made and crushingly boring

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I also just discovered that there were special chao locked off for distribution at events pokemon style which...largely never happened, shockingly.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

they should do a slayers metroidvania next

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

they should make a slayers moba

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Rinkles posted:

Idk why but I used to hate those horizontal elf ears. Then I got over it.

same but now I kind of prefer them, slapping the little tiny pointed corner ear prosthetic just doesn't cut it anymore. lord of the rings movies just have long white ppl for elves now

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

good elf bc you can tell its elf even w/o the ears

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

LodASS

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

perhaps youre thinking of cardass

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Motto posted:

Fun fact: the chao you can hatch and equip are entirely random, and one allows you to ignore the rhythm game sections entirely for one character. Chao eggs are also limited per playthrough so it's entirely possible to "miss" some through no fault of your own.

i did happen to get that one! and now am currently trying to see whether "unique" rarity means unique or just super rare

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

homeless snail posted:

they should make a slayers moba

Dota exists

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I was looking at next week's aldi deals and they have this...

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Do I want to know what that truck is hauling?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

hatty posted:

baked beans

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Well, it might have been baked beans at one point, I guess...

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

hatty posted:

Go ahead and guess

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

A baby's gotta do what a baby's gotta do

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Looper posted:

i did happen to get that one! and now am currently trying to see whether "unique" rarity means unique or just super rare

I am unique and that's what makes me special :)

At least that's what my parents told me :ohdear:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The world of character-themed hot wheels cars fall into 3 categories.

1. A car that has pictures of the character on it.
2. A car that the character drives in whatever source material they're pulling from.
3. A car that is a turbo teen style transformation of the character.
4. Anything and everything related to Pixar's Cars franchise.

Category 3 is almost always without a doubt some kind of horrifying thing that should not exist. There are instances of cars in that style that look good but a majority just don't.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Case in point

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

FirstAidKite posted:

Go ahead and guess

the design is either extremely ballsy and edgy or more likely nobody during the entire process went "uhhh hey it looks like a big mound of fuckin poo poo in there should we do something about that"

either way lol

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Monkey Fracas posted:

the design is either extremely ballsy and edgy or more likely nobody during the entire process went "uhhh hey it looks like a big mound of fuckin poo poo in there should we do something about that"

either way lol

Nah it's poo poo, the back part is Tommy's diaper loaded up with poo poo.

More fun designs

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Nothing says grocery shopping like a truck full of poopy diaper.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

When you're a parent, this is a factually true statement.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
wow, I thought you were just making a joke, but that is literally that toddler character converted into a poo poo hauling truck

Weedle
May 31, 2006

sorry that spongebob box van rules

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It Just Works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmpXf0nFCII

Rinkles posted:

Lodoss started as a Japanese guy’s DnD campaign or something like that, iirc

"Started off as some guy's DnD campaign" describes a lot more fantasy than you'd think. I've heard of Lodoss War but never seen a single thing about it though personally

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Mar 10, 2021

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ymfah's making extremely good use of Persona jokes and music in these videos lately

Also he has some of the best cold opens in the biz

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I looked up a bit of RoLW and actually it seems good

Harrow posted:

ymfah's making extremely good use of Persona jokes and music in these videos lately

Also he has some of the best cold opens in the biz

I've been binging his stuff lately and it owns

Elder Scrolls is more broken than you can imagine lmao

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Every time I see something new for Evil Genius 2 I get more excited. It's such a loving campy spy movie thing to have a robot bodyguard henchwoman.

Apparently there was a dev Q&A today I should go back and watch.

https://i.imgur.com/QTcDzoq.mp4

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

bringing fun new kirby activities to you hot off the presses

https://i.imgur.com/VIGoSWA.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/7lSrwdz.mp4

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Saint Freak posted:

Every time I see something new for Evil Genius 2 I get more excited. It's such a loving campy spy movie thing to have a robot bodyguard henchwoman.

this just makes me want to play no one lives forever

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

wishing all the gamers out there luck in the most dangerous game of all, teh roblox ipo

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Roblonks

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Evil Genius 2 is a game that gave me a big sense of dread when it was announced but it turns out that the devs are seriously just making a no strings attached sequel.

It looks amazing, tbh

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
it came up a few threads ago but a beat em up thread might be cool. I thought about making it myself but I don't know that I have the deep genre knowledge to make an OP good enough that something like that would deserve.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
record of lodoss war is pretty dry but if no frills fantasy is what you're looking for, it will deliver

FirstAidKite posted:

Case in point

i actually like most of those! the patrick one is a victim of color choices and the tommy poop truck is of course a league of its own but otherwise they're pretty fun, esp the reptar

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Looper posted:

record of lodoss war is pretty dry but if no frills fantasy is what you're looking for, it will deliver

I probably won't end up watching any more of it but it seems like the rare Good Anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Saint Freak posted:

It looks exactly like Evil Genius 1 with a graphics patch and more content

So all I ever wanted

Weedle posted:

this just makes me want to play no one lives forever

Its a good game do it

NOLF 1&2 & Jack are all free too

http://nolfrevival.tk/