Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Gaius Marius posted:

It's pretty easy to 100% cause the max is like 156%

My copy of Leisure Suit Larry 3: Passionate Patti in Pursuit of Pulsating Pectorals is bugged so that I can never achieve a perfect score (I've tried with like three different full-score walk-throughs, several times). I guess I could've sent the diskettes to America along with postage fees and Sierra would've sent me new ones but that would've cost more than the game did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Yeah, gameplay wise it's basically exactly the same in the remakes yet would fit into modern releases perfectly

Don't think it's any less horny tho, they rendered dozens of dragon daddies and put tits on the kangaroo

Another blunder! Where are the hot dragon MILFs? Anyway, Dark Souls is just the Dirt Rally of action-adventure games (punishing but rewarding gameplay, tons of indecipherable stats to mess with, engaging environmental storytelling).

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i love making fun of CliffyB on twitter, he's so fragile that he'll reply if you sqy something that pisses him off. Make a joke about Lawbreakers and he loses it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The gently caress is Lawbreakers.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

gently caress, I stand corrected

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

3D Megadoodoo posted:

His attempt at ripping off Overwatch. Then he went on to try and rip off PUBG and when that also went tits up his company folded.
Lol.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Lawbreakers was more fun than Overwatch because of the grappling hook, but the characters were about as visually distinct from the environment and each other during combat as you could expect from Gears of War

Basically what I'm saying is that Wrecking Ball is the fun character in Overwatch and the era of competitive first person shooters that I can just have fun with is long gone

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Nice Van My Man posted:

Another blunder! Where are the hot dragon MILFs? Anyway, Dark Souls is just the Dirt Rally of action-adventure games (punishing but rewarding gameplay, tons of indecipherable stats to mess with, engaging environmental storytelling).

You probably joke but that makes me interested in Dirt Rally. I miss when racing games had interesting tracks. gently caress, Mario Kart is probably the only one to still do that!

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.
I loving love everything about Cuphead but the plane levels can get hosed.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

Shibawanko posted:

like i want difficulty that draws on my Innate Power rather than discipline and training

are we still talking about videogames because if not then same

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Flannelette posted:

Soul caliber is really good name.
Also Star Tropics.

Sunset Overdrive completes the set

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

You probably joke but that makes me interested in Dirt Rally. I miss when racing games had interesting tracks. gently caress, Mario Kart is probably the only one to still do that!

If you like hurling a barely controllable car down a thin forest path then Dirt Rally is the game for you. It's also more of a simulator, so there's not really environmental storytelling besides "why are the Scottish putting large piles of rocks in the middle of the track and punji pits next to the road?" But I do like the stages and think each one has a different character to it. A slight downside is it's almost all time trials, because two cars making contact would pretty much instantly result in them flying off the track into a tree.

But for totally crazy tracks the only other game I can think of is Track Mania, which is also time trials, and pretty old at this point. The racing genre is really in a rut.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
A lot of genres like that turned into either super-serious simulators or super-casual arcade games with little in between, and often went extinct in the process, with their few revivals being by studios who basically have no idea the genre ever existed and try to recreate it, badly, from only knowing how to make gimmicky minigames for FPSes.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Nice Van My Man posted:

A slight downside is it's almost all time trials, because two cars making contact would pretty much instantly result in them flying off the track into a tree.

Idk if "literally what the racing series it's simulating is," is a downside

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Just play Wreckfest, it's what you want

This isn't aimed at any post in particular, it's just a really good game

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

Play Dirt Rally 2.0, just do it

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Nice Van My Man posted:

The racing genre is really in a rut.

forza horizon is great imo. lots of great cars, lots of cool roads and tracks and terrain to explore (tho im not at all into the lego dlc poo poo), more arcade than sim but still all kinds of parameters and numbers to tweak and gear to swap out if thats your thing, and the open world setting is a really nice alternative to the traditional list of closed tracks

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I don't really like racing games but I remember when I was like 7 playing one on the N64 with a friend and I just wanted to crash the cars into each other much to the dismay of my friend. "That's not how you're supposed to play!" he'd say, correctly. But I remember thinking "Seriously? They gave us all these cool cars on a cramped course going a jillion miles an hour and we're not supposed to want to crash them? Even a little?"

and then burnout came out and that was basically the only racing game I needed ever again, I still go back and play them sometimes

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
who needs racing when you have Euro Truck Simulator 2

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

MrQwerty posted:

Idk if "literally what the racing series it's simulating is," is a downside

I mean I'm into time trials so it's not a downside to me, but there's something undeniably satisfying about racing against other cars that you can see and interact with on that track, so I can understand someone not being into time trial racers.

New unpopular game idea: 1 vs 100 simultaneous rally racer where it is encouraged to just try to force your opponents off the track or into fatal collisions along narrow rally roads that have not been widened.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Nice Van My Man posted:

I mean I'm into time trials so it's not a downside to me, but there's something undeniably satisfying about racing against other cars that you can see and interact with on that track, so I can understand someone not being into time trial racers.

New unpopular game idea: 1 vs 100 simultaneous rally racer where it is encouraged to just try to force your opponents off the track or into fatal collisions along narrow rally roads that have not been widened.

Yeah they really hosed up Burnout with that last game

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Nice Van My Man posted:

pls link to the kickstarter so i can donate a lot of money

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

signalnoise posted:

Yeah they really hosed up Burnout with that last game

They just needed to narrow the roads so that only one car can fit properly and change the surface to gravel and mud.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Guys what if they did Burnout but it played like a combination of Forza Horizon and F-Zero with real vehicle models but you could mod them into scifi territory like take a 240SX and strap a loving jet engine in it and reinforced everything and then also crash poo poo all over the place in tracks that are like some kind of maglev tube on venus with hazards and poo poo everywhere and then you get back to earth and they're like GREAT JOB OUT THERE AGENT and maybe there are also weapon pickups and the weapons actually show up on your vehicle model after being quickly pieced together with neon technomagic and then you go do it all again after you unlock the implosion core drivetrain for your Jeep Grand Cherokee

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
vigilante 8?

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

burnout but it's also twisted metal and also it's smugglers run

Competing cartels, mafias, syndicates, whatever are driving all kinds of gunned up quads/dune buggies/jeeps/dirt bikes over a very open world between drug pick ups and drop offs. Blowing up an enemy vehicle not only causes them to drop their drugs but you can pick up the drugs and either deliver the drugs for money or do the drugs for fun and buffs

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATlszssL-eI

That's a nice score for a girl. I don't know dude Angelina might not go for that sexist negging!

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Play posted:

Sunset Overdrive completes the set

I'd rather play a game made by Sunsoft for the Mega Drive.
Blaster Master 2 for instance.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Collapsing Farts posted:

I think we need to put more boobs on snakes tbh

Maybe also boobs on dinosaurs, just throwing that out there for you to consider

PinheadSlim posted:

pls link to the kickstarter so i can donate a lot of money

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
xcom chimera squad has boob snakes

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

I mean just google up "nioh 2 nure-onna"

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
My unpopular music opinion is that Mike Patton is much cooler these days, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHMYwrC7oAo

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

signalnoise posted:

Just play Wreckfest, it's what you want

This isn't aimed at any post in particular, it's just a really good game

Did they ever fix the weird driving physics?

I picked it up like a year ago and got totally turned off because the driving felt awful, and checking steam reviews there were a lot of people complaining they changed the driving model and made it worse.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Yeah that will do it

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

signalnoise posted:

I mean just google up "nioh 2 nure-onna"

It's like a spooky, arm-less lamia!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Barudak posted:

Spyro rules because it had unheard of QoL feature of "where are the remaining things Im missing in this level" and was never super hard with each game 100% able even casually in a few hours. Joy to play.

I think it's interesting because across the three games you can see how they were trying to figure out best practices for that kind of stuff. IIRC it's just not there at all in the first game, you can do it right from the start in the second game but you're never actually told that you can or how (except in the manual, I think), and then in the third one it's an ability you have to unlock about halfway through the game.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

signalnoise posted:

Guys what if they did Burnout but it played like a combination of Forza Horizon and F-Zero with real vehicle models but you could mod them into scifi territory like take a 240SX and strap a loving jet engine in it and reinforced everything and then also crash poo poo all over the place in tracks that are like some kind of maglev tube on venus with hazards and poo poo everywhere and then you get back to earth and they're like GREAT JOB OUT THERE AGENT and maybe there are also weapon pickups and the weapons actually show up on your vehicle model after being quickly pieced together with neon technomagic and then you go do it all again after you unlock the implosion core drivetrain for your Jeep Grand Cherokee

this sounds cool as hell.

practically speaking i know involving "real vehicle models" would probably be tricky since some of the manufacturers can be restrictive about licensing car designs to games that involve any kind of violence or intentionally reckless driving, it'd probably have to be a gta/saints row esque thing with cars "loosely based" on real designs

in the meantime crossout is a pretty good "build ridiculous cars with weapons" game imo

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

christmas boots posted:

I think it's interesting because across the three games you can see how they were trying to figure out best practices for that kind of stuff. IIRC it's just not there at all in the first game, you can do it right from the start in the second game but you're never actually told that you can or how (except in the manual, I think), and then in the third one it's an ability you have to unlock about halfway through the game.

ah okay i was kinda wondering what the hell they were talking about

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

giogadi posted:

Play Dirt Rally 2.0, just do it

I absolutely love this game but it's been surpassed (for me at least) by WRC 9.

Good thing about Dirt Rally 2.0 is you can actually play it semi decently with a keyboard/controller. Can't imagine doing that with WRC 9 it's just too drat squirrely you need the precision of a wheel. And honestly, I'm only passable at both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Earwicker posted:

this sounds cool as hell.

practically speaking i know involving "real vehicle models" would probably be tricky since some of the manufacturers can be restrictive about licensing car designs to games that involve any kind of violence or intentionally reckless driving, it'd probably have to be a gta/saints row esque thing with cars "loosely based" on real designs

in the meantime crossout is a pretty good "build ridiculous cars with weapons" game imo

This was a real sticking point with Forza but now they're able to just have whatever the gently caress rolling over