Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Walla posted:

Always down for turtles. Now we just need Battletoads to come back.

They came back last year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Walla posted:

I've got some good news and some bad news...

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Tempura Wizard posted:

Nintendo Life isn't bad, but agreed, just use an ad-blocker of your choice on your favorite site.
I was going to say that I like Nintendo Life especially ever since Stuart Gipp started writing there. But holy hell someone really wants me to buy Atelier Ryza 2.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Walla posted:

They made a new Battletoads for Xbox One and it looks like poo poo. Sorry

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bouillon Rube posted:

For anyone who enjoyed Tropical Freeze, Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair is great spiritual successor and an absolute steal at $7.50 right now.

where is it $7.50

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I just suddenly realized I never finished Xenoblade X. I probably hit a boss I couldn’t beat without some grinding and took a break that I never returned from. Such is the life of most RPGs I purchase.

I guess I should really get to it before returning to the outside world

Edit: also I’m mad as hell no songs from X made it into smash bros what the gently caress

Gutcruncher fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Mar 10, 2021

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The Bloop posted:

where is it $7.50

Looks like it was that on the eshop up until a day ago

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Picross S is addictive as gently caress

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Pizza power, a flying saucer food delight

Hell yeah turtle time.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Watch it be $40.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Mister Facetious posted:

Watch it be $40.

That's $10 per turtle.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mister Facetious posted:

Watch it be $40.

It should be $70

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Oscar Wild posted:

That's $10 per turtle.

They might have the fifth turtle from the comics

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Even better value

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

No no NO

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I hope that TMNT game is good. Throwing enemies at the screen is straight out of Turtles in Time

Was this a random thing or were you actually able to trigger it? I could never tell!

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

A good day to remember that Charles Martinet is a national treasure.

https://twitter.com/GWR/status/1369638670165188614?s=20

Gutcruncher posted:

I just suddenly realized I never finished Xenoblade X. I probably hit a boss I couldn’t beat without some grinding and took a break that I never returned from. Such is the life of most RPGs I purchase.

I guess I should really get to it before returning to the outside world

Edit: also I’m mad as hell no songs from X made it into smash bros what the gently caress

If you hit a roadblock you can use the Scout system to hire another players character for a few hours. A max level ally will solve your problem grind-free.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

True story one of our cats is named Venus because my hosed up brain went Tortoiseshell -> turtle -> female -> Venus. I never even watched the live action show as a kid but I remembered her from the commercials

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

External Organs posted:

Was this a random thing or were you actually able to trigger it? I could never tell!

I think you can trigger it but I remember it being really inconsistent though it seemed to happen more frequently during the Shredder fight where you had to throw them at the screen to damage him. So I feel like there was something going on behind the scenes to increase the probability in that fight

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

stupid sexy turtle

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I think you can trigger it but I remember it being really inconsistent though it seemed to happen more frequently during the Shredder fight where you had to throw them at the screen to damage him. So I feel like there was something going on behind the scenes to increase the probability in that fight

Yeah that fight was a total bitch. I refuse to google this on the grounds that I am glad it's still mysterious 25 years later.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Not even the worst part of that show, tbh.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
Is anyone else having issues with their Switch acting like the inserted game card has been removed when waking the device up from sleep mode? It works again when I re-insert it, mind. It's been doing that to me since... I wanna say December or January-ish.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

External Organs posted:

Yeah that fight was a total bitch. I refuse to google this on the grounds that I am glad it's still mysterious 25 years later.

Regardless that game kicked major rear end. It was the first SNES game I ever got besides the pack in Super Mario World

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Walla posted:

Can't blame you for not knowing that it came back last year, it was a pretty quiet release that no one cared about after the game was in development for most of the life span of the Xbox One.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Is anyone else having issues with their Switch acting like the inserted game card has been removed when waking the device up from sleep mode? It works again when I re-insert it, mind. It's been doing that to me since... I wanna say December or January-ish.

Literally just happened to me for the first time today. :thunk:

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

xedo posted:

A good day to remember that Charles Martinet is a national treasure.

https://twitter.com/GWR/status/1369638670165188614?s=20

This was just delightful.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
How likely will Gnosia end up going on sale this year?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I said come in! posted:

Can't blame you for not knowing that it came back last year, it was a pretty quiet release that no one cared about after the game was in development for most of the life span of the Xbox One.

I also don't own an Xbox. Shame that series has been mishandled from the start but Battletoads and Double Dragon is still a good time.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Walla posted:

I also don't own an Xbox. Shame that series has been mishandled from the start but Battletoads and Double Dragon is still a good time.

It came out for PC as well. I played it a little on Gamepass

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Walla posted:

I also want to forget the recent Battletoads game and pretend we haven't seen anything in decades.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Lodin posted:

Someone's making a Star Fox ripoff that's procedurally generated and it looks ok.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OecesgPtKrw

That title is not good.

Super excited for this now that I know about it. Turtles in Time was my favorite beat 'em up for ages, and this looks like it's channeling that hard.

External Organs posted:

It had to be triggerable. I could get pretty regularly by tackling enemies first and then they'd be tossed. I ended up playing TMNTIV so much that I ended up figuring out the actual ways to pull off moves which was neat.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

External Organs posted:

Yes it was triggerable. You had to hit the enemy enough for them to double in pain, then move into their space, then (and this is key) STOP PRESSING ANY BUTTONS ON THE DPAD so that you aren't moving at all. Then press whatever button was used to throw them. Sent them flying to the screen. If you were pressing any directional buttons, you'd instead slam them onto the ground.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

why is Mario Kart the one title not discounted in the funny hoo hoo man sale?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Made it to the late title card in BD2. Enjoying myself well enough so far but MAN it would be nice if JRPGs put a little more effort into combat animations. After playing Yakuza 7 it's hard to go back to two models swinging in each other's general direction.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

Made it to the late title card in BD2. Enjoying myself well enough so far but MAN it would be nice if JRPGs put a little more effort into combat animations. After playing Yakuza 7 it's hard to go back to two models swinging in each other's general direction.

lol if you're not playing at max speed

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Squiddycat posted:

why is Mario Kart the one title not discounted in the funny hoo hoo man sale?

It looks like it's $20 off on Amazon and might come with a 7 day Nintendo online pass and 90 day Amazon music pass. Other storefronts have it $20 off as well.

By the way, Best Buy is doing 10% off eshop cards right now, in addition to Mario Kart 8 being $20 off

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Just found out that in that trailer Mike Patton is doing the classic TMNT theme song lol

Mike Patton amazes me because I think folks (or at least younger folks) don't realize how great his vocal range must be. Sure, everyone knows him for that weird voice in Epic or Midlife Crisis, and he did voices for monsters in Left 4 Dead and the Darkness...but then there's also the gorgeous cover of a Commodores song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko4ah-a4IJk

This was announced today and I'm digging (:D) it...gives me a sort of Firewatch vibe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tOvxkrVS8I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Read After Burning posted:

Mike Patton amazes me because I think folks (or at least younger folks) don't realize how great his vocal range must be. Sure, everyone knows him for that weird voice in Epic or Midlife Crisis, and he did voices for monsters in Left 4 Dead and the Darkness...but then there's also the gorgeous cover of a Commodores song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko4ah-a4IJk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JNDi04ZGmw