Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

i mean reach, height, bigger weight, nunes winning a lot of title fights in a row, all that were compelling in Megan's favor. but also what jase said

Anderson doesn't use her reach well, is much slower and a much worse grappler so her weight advantage doesn't mean much. Nunes winning a bunch of title fights in a row should not be a reason to bet on the opponent with not even a punchers chance because Nunes also hits harder.

Anderson had no path to victory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

$3 on cruz at +110
$5 on benavidez at +110
$5 on yadong at -152 (gotta go against ya here bud)
$10 on izzy at -235
$50 on megan at +650
$2 on parlay of makhachev by decision -110, megan by decision +1800, and izzy by ko/tko/dq in round 2 at +625 to win $526

feels good to be back in it

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

feels good to be back in it

Its sooo much fun

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Anderson doesn't use her reach well, is much slower and a much worse grappler so her weight advantage doesn't mean much. Nunes winning a bunch of title fights in a row should not be a reason to bet on the opponent with not even a punchers chance because Nunes also hits harder.

Anderson had no path to victory.

Neither did Chris Weidman when he fought Anderson Silva. I mean crazy poo poo happens and it’s fun to bet on and hit a long shot. I fully expect to lose every long shot bet I make. I’m not sure why this is bothering you so much.

It’s gambling! Why do I throw a couple grand on a number in a roulette table when I know it has no shot of hitting. Because when it does I’m the king of the loving world that’s why.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

thats just the way he is, jase, dont worry too much about it :-)

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

jase1 posted:

Neither did Chris Weidman when he fought Anderson Silva. I mean crazy poo poo happens and it’s fun to bet on and hit a long shot. I fully expect to lose every long shot bet I make. I’m not sure why this is bothering you so much.

It’s gambling! Why do I throw a couple grand on a number in a roulette table when I know it has no shot of hitting. Because when it does I’m the king of the loving world that’s why.

Weidman was a huge middleweight with good, fundamental boxing, powerful hands and a wreslting/top game threat. The fact that you're making such a bizarre comparison is just kind of proving my point.

A ton of people picked him to win because he had such obvious ways to beat Silva. Then he wrestled him, beat him up on the ground and knocked him the gently caress out.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
What point that betting on underdogs is stupid?

Do you think we don’t know that? Like you have revealed some long lost secret lol

I’m pretty sure you have been around in this thread since I first started posting. So you know what type of bets I and other goons make. I’m not sure why all of sudden this one particular bet has you so bent out of shape?

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Weidman was a huge middleweight with good, fundamental boxing, powerful hands and a wreslting/top game threat. The fact that you're making such a bizarre comparison is just kind of proving my point.

A ton of people picked him to win because he had such obvious ways to beat Silva. Then he wrestled him, beat him up on the ground and knocked him the gently caress out.

you are correct that weidman was a better looking fighter compared to anderson than megan is compared to nunes. to the point, weidman opened at +165, silva opened at -215 for that fight.

the thing with sports betting is that you are trying to find situations where the percentages are in your favor. the fundamental reason some folks bet megan is that they/we thought megan was more of a +400 dog than a +650 dog. that's a good disparity that, if you can judge it accurately, will make you money in the long run.

not trying to overexplain this to you but it seems like you're confused by some of the basic premise of Sports Gambling. which, if you're just being aggressively forumsy than cool, let's get after it. or else post picks bitch

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I already addressed why the huge line was still a bad bet. With other match-ups it makes way more sense but this one the odds were extremely correct because the result was so predictable.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Tezcatlipoca posted:

I already addressed why the huge line was still a bad bet. With other match-ups it makes way more sense but this one the odds were extremely correct because the result was so predictable.

Thank you for your expert analysis. Can you do a write up of every fight from now on including all the prelims so I can complete ignore it when I place bets. Thanks.

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010
The DQ lost me a 37.45 parlay on Elliott, Askarov, Cruz, Blachowicz, Nunes, and Yan. I suck at betting, so I already lost just about every bit of my 65.84 parlay that hit on the Lewis card, and this would've been a nice way to recover...

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Next week Nunes is fighting a literal mouse, but its 1,000:1, she's bound to lose once right? Throw a couple grand on it.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Next week Nunes is fighting a literal mouse, but its 1,000:1, she's bound to lose once right? Throw a couple grand on it.

I mean she could be deathly afraid of a mouse and not show up. Boom I win. I’d throw a couple grand on it.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Fozzy The Bear posted:

to be fair that's the strongest contender in the history of the women's featherweight division

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

florida would sanction A. Nunes vs A. Mouse at 145.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

What if it was a 145lb mouse

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Wezlar posted:

then id say demetrious needs to go on a diet

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Wezlar posted:

Is he allowed to use the keyblade? Might be the only shot he's got.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

jase1 posted:

Thank you for your expert analysis. Can you do a write up of every fight from now on including all the prelims so I can complete ignore it when I place bets. Thanks.

Why are you mad about your complete lack of knowledge about the sport? It isn't my fault you don't know the fighters nor the difference between a good value and a wide margin.

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
privacy publicly displayed

jase1 posted:

Good call my friend.

Woohoo! I literally just watched the event due to broadcast restrictions. After each event I have to avoid mma media and the forums for 2 days before catching up, I'm glad this one worked out at least.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Why are you mad about your complete lack of knowledge about the sport? It isn't my fault you don't know the fighters nor the difference between a good value and a wide margin.

No, you see he won a big bet that one time. That makes him the best.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Oh I’m not mad I just don’t see why you think it’s genius to tell everyone that betting on Megan Anderson was a bad idea. Of course it was a bad bet she was +600. Do you even gamble bro? Lol
You were so smug about us betting on a huge underdog like we didn’t know it was a bad bet, which is exactly what I have been doing in this thread for years making bad bets.

Just call us idiots for betting on mma and wait until I make my next bet and call me an idiot again. No need to be smug and lecture me because it makes you look loving dumb. I’m already dumb for betting on mma in the first place it’s the spirit of the thread.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!
Please support your fellow goons in making as many bad bets as their hearts desire, at least until you're getting the sense that they're risking their shelter/health in doing so.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I bet on under dogs because when they win it makes me laugh and I feel smarter than the odds makers. I'm like "ohhohoh I know more about mma than the pros. I'm so smart and stole their money". None of that is actually true but it makes me feel good and I have fun. A PS5 bought with money you made on a bet on Derrick Lewis just plays better.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

did you use your derrick lewis loot on your "get back up" avatar or is that coincidental?

just asking because i want to start a church of the black beast where we insist the dead among us can be like Jesus too if they just stand/get back up

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Tezcatlipoca posted:

buddy I've been posting on this forum for seventeen years and this is one of the more goonier crusades I've seen. I'm not sure i get it. betting is fun and legal in a lot of states now. enjoy the show

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

buddy I've been posting on this forum for seventeen years and this is one of the more goonier crusades I've seen. I'm not sure i get it. betting is fun and legal in a lot of states now. enjoy the show

I've been on this forum for eighteen years, and its not even close to the goonest thing.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Fozzy The Bear posted:

I've been on this forum for eighteen years, and its not even close to the goonest thing.

Wanna bet?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

jase1 posted:

Oh I’m not mad I just don’t see why you think it’s genius to tell everyone that betting on Megan Anderson was a bad idea. Of course it was a bad bet she was +600. Do you even gamble bro? Lol
You were so smug about us betting on a huge underdog like we didn’t know it was a bad bet, which is exactly what I have been doing in this thread for years making bad bets.

You defended this bet as good until it was explained over and over why it was stupid and now you're saying it was just a stupid bet. Pick one.

You said multiple times you felt good about Megan Anderson winning. I guess being called on bad bets is way worse than murders and assaults.

Tezcatlipoca fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Mar 10, 2021

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I think you're confused. This is the thread about betting on MMA. If you want people to fight you than you need to actually go do MMA. I'm sure we will bet on your fights if the odds look good.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i'm glad we have someone as lovely and antagonistic as Tezcatlipoca here to keep everyone posting only honest and earnest MMA bets in this thread. it's very helpful and not at all tedious and miserable

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Tezcatlipoca posted:

You defended this bet as good until it was explained over and over why it was stupid and now you're saying it was just a stupid bet. Pick one.

Please show me where I ever said it was a good bet. Now you are just making poo poo up. I never defended it as a good bet. I threw another 2 grand on her because I liked the stare down picture lol do you not see how dumb your argument is?

Are you really this loving dense?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
^^^^ You brought up Weidman vs Silva to justify why you bet on such long odds when that bet had tons of value and was the exact opposite kind of long odds that exist in fight sports. Box posted in multiple threads talking up Megan Anderson and both of y'all seem real mad about it for it being some throw away bet.

Aye Doc posted:

i'm glad we have someone as lovely and antagonistic as Tezcatlipoca here to keep everyone posting only honest and earnest MMA bets in this thread. it's very helpful and not at all tedious and miserable

If people didn't try to justify those bets as legitimate before and after the fact then maybe this post would make any sense beyond your crush on me.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Tezcatlipoca fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Mar 10, 2021

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

jase1 posted:

Here is my post. Read it carefully especially the part that says I fully expect to lose every long shot bet I make. My point was crazy poo poo happens and it’s fun to bet on long shots.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Tezcatlipoca posted:

You should gamble with him. Show him who is boss.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Whoops guess I lied. This is a good place to bait people into fights. I would of lost that bet.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

Whoops guess I lied. This is a good place to bait people into fights. I would of lost that bet.

CONGRATS ON YOUR COMPLETE LACK OF KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THE SOMETHING AWFUL PUNCHSPORTS SUPLEX SUB FORUM

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
for my next trick, i'm going to go yell at the people in Pet Island for having fun posting about pets they like

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
ok i take everything back, apparently you have been probated multiple times for being antagonistic in "the chili thread":

The Leper's Colony posted:

Clearly you didn't learn from the first time. Stop trying to start fights in the chili thread. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours.

i now fully support your gimmick and i admit to being owned. please proceed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ok i take everything back, apparently you have been probated multiple times for being antagonistic in "the chili thread":

i now fully support your gimmick and i admit to being owned. please proceed

It's done and over with. Lets drop it please.