Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

Cool little reverse shell generator: https://www.revshells.com/
Welp, tcsh must be secure, because it's not on the list! :science:

EDIT: Welp, that's a lovely page bump. And I just noticed there's another list where it is on. orz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/nyancrimew/status/1369390591700828170?s=20

TL;DR Earlier sometime last week Yesterday, these guys popped a surveillance company that handles the cameras for places like private prisons, Tesla, CF, etc.....and apparently the cameras are not isolated from the clients network, so they quickly managed to pop the networks themselves.

That's my current hypothesis.

https://twitter.com/DanPatterson/status/1369443268476497922?s=20

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Mar 10, 2021

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

CommieGIR posted:

TL;DR Earlier sometime last week Yesterday, these guys popped a surveillance company that handles the cameras for places like private prisons, Tesla, CF, etc.....and apparently the cameras are not isolated from the clients network, so they quickly managed to pop the networks themselves.

:sigh: Got pinged on slack, and now there's going to be a big todo at work over this.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Defenestrategy posted:

:sigh: Got pinged on slack, and now there's going to be a big todo at work over this.

Yup, because they are openly claiming they popped Okta as well. No proof as of yet, but they already posted some screens of net configs for Tesla and Cloudflare.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

CommieGIR posted:

Who was the person who said why you might want two factor within your perimeter? Well here is an example. They used a username and a password to pivot across their internal networks. Credential security controls, network isolation, and some other very basic security controls could have hindered this fun little exercise to some degree. You have to expect some idiot is going to give the bad guys a way in, you can't rely on the front door to be your biggest security.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Okta and Cloudflare are pretty good trophies, huh

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Apropos of nothing, I just did two days of training on a major HSM brand and holy moly is that whole system nothing but bits and pieces of functionality glued together by oddball code.

It was fun and I have a good understanding of what’s what, but a lot of things about it felt like they were designed by developers who hate other humans.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Martytoof posted:

a lot of things about it felt like they were designed by developers who hate other humans.

So... developers.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

.... yes :B

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Why would you ever have your security and BMS network touching your internal corporate network??

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

AlternateAccount posted:

Why would you ever have your security and BMS network touching your internal corporate network??

Because network segregation and isolation takes planning and more work than just having 1 huge network. They used up all their man hours paying extra close attention to their firewall rules.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Sickening posted:

Because network segregation and isolation takes planning and more work than just having 1 huge network. They used up all their man hours paying extra close attention to their firewall rules.

"Bu....but we have VLANs"

But no barriers between them....so still a flat network.

And yeah, segmenting your surveillance network away from your normal enterprise network would have at least made what they did a little more difficult to get around. Not impossible. But still...

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano
There's no evidence presented that they actually managed to pivot from the cameras to something useful

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Volmarias posted:

So... developers.

Developers exacting their revenge for all the dev time they wasted in extraneous meetings.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Update your F5s, more RCEs against APIs: https://support.f5.com/csp/article/K02566623

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lol pre-auth rce.

https://twitter.com/pwnallthethings/status/1369682992403275780

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

:cripes:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I thought that vuln was control plane only, gently caress me lmao

FungiCap
Jul 23, 2007

Let's all just calm down and put on our thinking caps.

CLAM DOWN posted:

I thought that vuln was control plane only, gently caress me lmao

There are multiple vulnerabilities here, the most devastating pre-auth RCE one is still control plane only (according to F5).

Edit: On second thought, F5's definition of "control plane" loving sucks and I actually thought I knew the implications of this vulnerability and now I'm not so sure. The project-zero write-up implies you can compromise an F5 device that's in-line given that the server it provides for has some specific conditions present.

Edit2: yeah I apologize, F5 is clearly trying to down play an issue that is more severe than they are presenting.

FungiCap fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Mar 11, 2021

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Infra: “After much blood sweat and tears we finally patched hybrid Exchange, now we can relax!”

F5: “Haha boy are you guys gonna laugh —“

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment
the internet was a mistake

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

lol on prem exchange sits behind the loving load balancer

hail satan

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

FungiCap posted:

Edit2: yeah I apologize, F5 is clearly trying to down play an issue that is more severe than they are presenting.

Never take F5 on their word for anything.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Tryzzub posted:

the internet was a mistake

It’s clear now that it’s a series of smaller mistakes connected by a mass of fibre optics.

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth

Martytoof posted:

It’s clear now that it’s a series of smaller mistakes connected by a mass of fibre optics series of tubes.
/

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

The sad thing is that his explanation was widely laughed at, except that it actually was a pretty accurate description.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

CommieGIR posted:

Lol one of our vendors tried to sell us this poo poo in the middle of the pandemic when our offices were closed.

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment
so the exchange proxylogon PoC is out in the wild. MS removed the original researcher’s upload, but streisand effect and all that

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Volmarias posted:

The sad thing is that his explanation was widely laughed at, except that it actually was a pretty accurate description.

I reference it basically any time I try to explain throughput, including giving credit to the old speech.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

CyberPingu posted:

Lol one of our vendors tried to sell us this poo poo in the middle of the pandemic when our offices were closed.

Yeah, I've had like 5-6 email pitches today namedropping Verkada. Just rolled my eyes and dumped to spam.

Tryzzub posted:

so the exchange proxylogon PoC is out in the wild. MS removed the original researcher’s upload, but streisand effect and all that

Yeah, I don't know what MS was thinking: Its a done deal, its out there. Dropping it from Github does nothing.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

It’s sad, I actually thought of that an hour after posting and decided not not bother coming back to edit it :(

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

https://twitter.com/MalwareJake/status/1362578351236517888
https://twitter.com/AzuraSpaceFace/status/1362580185531359236

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Volmarias posted:

He lucked into an okay metaphor for network congestion while describing an event that had nothing to do with network congestion, and thought that somehow it all meant that net neutrality was bad.

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth
Random security related anecdote for today:

My company was acquired by a much, MUCH bigger company. So now my team of 4 IT workers are being invited to meetings with all the various teams within the bigger company's 5,000 strong IT department, where we repeat the same information over and over (now we just share them the folder/smartsheet with the information ready to consume).

Their Cybersecurity team asked us to install some device in our network that monitors all traffic. There is no certificate/MITM stuff here, so anything encrypted is just garbage (as I understand it) to them. After we installed it and they said it was working, I started downloading gigs and gigs of literal Linux ISOs from random Russian and Chinese HTTPS mirrors. They didn't say poo poo. They also gained access to our MSSP SaaS SIEM and asked us what we were going to do when a user downloaded a PUP to C:\users\profile\downloads which was stopped by our endpoint AV. They haven't asked me about our infrastructure patch maintenance process at all in 4 months.

Seems all a bit silly. Maybe I'm just too new to 'big security'.

edit: Oh and they like to brag about having "Wake Up Authority" a lot.

Martytoof posted:

It’s sad, I actually thought of that an hour after posting and decided not not bother coming back to edit it :(

I cede all credit to you

droll fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Mar 12, 2021

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

droll posted:

"Wake Up Authority" a lot.

What and the who now?

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth

Defenestrategy posted:

What and the who now?

They think they can call me at 2 in the morning and I'll answer.

Lets Get Patchy
Aug 8, 2006
One of the highlights of my job is reviewing how thrid-party audit vendors perform "external/internal pen" and "social engineering" tests. I've seen some really clever poo poo.

I've also seen just strickly port scans and "free amazon gift card" email attempts from firms that are charging astronomical ammounts of money to clients.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

droll posted:

They think they can call me at 2 in the morning and I'll answer.

:sever:

trashy owl
Aug 23, 2017

droll posted:

After we installed it and they said it was working, I started downloading gigs and gigs of literal Linux ISOs from random Russian and Chinese HTTPS mirrors. They didn't say poo poo.

Unsure what other outcome you would expect here? That's going to look like normal web traffic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Yeah its also just so they can get a feel for they layout of your network, not an IDS/IPS.