Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I love that Bryan seems to take it personally that Dave offers the (terrible) reasoning behind WWE's booking decisions, he was so thrilled when Dave was calling their booking incompetent and Dave had to point out that he never said it wasn't.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

I love that Bryan seems to take it personally that Dave offers the (terrible) reasoning behind WWE's booking decisions, he was so thrilled when Dave was calling their booking incompetent and Dave had to point out that he never said it wasn't.

Pulling up an example from November just for this. They're like an old married couple :xd:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Dave has this weird habit of arguing as if he was working for a company or in charge of the show but never tells you he's taking a position that isn't his own. It's incredibly funny everytime it runs Bryan up the wall or leads to exchanges like this.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

You can't find gray hair dye! IT DOESN'T EXIST!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Anyway the only way forward is to continue the lie. Just keep insisting the explosion was gigantic, write Kingston and Mox off forever as exploded to a permanent end, etc

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

or just have Kenny blow them up on Wednesday

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Oh man Bryan reading the emails he was getting about Raw being awful during Raw on the Filthy show was great. I look forward to this new segment.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dango Bango posted:

Oh man Bryan reading the emails he was getting about Raw being awful during Raw on the Filthy show was great. I look forward to this new segment.

Also the coward better smash a watermelon over his head like Filthy decided they should :hai:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Bryan vs. "Oso" is such an amazing slip given Bryan's feud with BEARS

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I agree with Vinny that the finishes report is kinda dull.and pointless. I can't recall exactly when they started it but I'm positive it was during when Russo was booking in WWF or WCW and the point is that both shows were loving insane with loads of run-ins and no real finishes.

Now...now there is only one show and it's boring.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

it started when Russo was booking six million things to happen per show and they all ended in gently caress finishes

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

And it hit a peak in TNA when he somehow managed to have Samoa Joe run in in his own match. Okay, technically it was after the match, but Joe wrestled a match, beat his opponent into submission I believe, went backstage, and then immediately ran back out to attack his opponent. Want to say this was late 2009 when many Impact shows had more run-ins than actual matches.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I’m listening to this weeks BTS and it’s a great recap of the Triple H/Jericho feud that revolved around Stephanie and hunters dog and corvette.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I’m listening to this weeks BTS and it’s a great recap of the Triple H/Jericho feud that revolved around Stephanie and hunters dog and corvette.
Thank you for reminding me!
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1368909366779379715

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I had always heard WM 11 was bad, but I had no idea it was this bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ePz15_3AmM

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Seams posted:

I had always heard WM 11 was bad, but I had no idea it was this bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ePz15_3AmM

Always loved this channel. Watching this makes me think of two things:

1. I wonder what Nash's actual hair color is. Is it the dark hair he had as Diesel or the blond hair he had later on?

2. He put over the Backlund/Hart matches from the previous year. I remember the throw in the towel match scared the hell out of me because Backlund was a fuckin' crazy man and they put it over like he was literally torturing Bret. I guess it still holds up even to an adult fan?

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

NikkolasKing posted:

1. I wonder what Nash's actual hair color is. Is it the dark hair he had as Diesel or the blond hair he had later on?

Grey now and also grey before, Oz was a shoot

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
Why is Dave maintaining Itoh doing the crying petulant child thing mid match will somehow not get over in America after arguing the same thing about Orange not working on a tv show last year

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

he has long established ideas about what attracts people to a babyface

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Super No Vacancy posted:

he has long established ideas about what attracts people to a babyface

Feels kinda like the exact thing he criticises Cornette for doing about not learning from examples. If you are sure her entrance will get over and get personality will get over and you have already seen pantomime in ring work get over seems like a sure bet it will get over

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Dave at least is willing to say he is wrong when it does get over. Doesn't stop him from having opinions before hand though. Being wrong is ok.
Also, Dave is wrong.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Dave hates explicitly goofy stuff. It's just his taste and a place where he differs from most.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

Dave hates explicitly goofy stuff. It's just his taste and a place where he differs from most.

He loves and meticulously recaps BTE though??

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's the same thing as those guys who can't have any of their food touching the other food. they love the mashed potatoes and the peas but if they cross then he throws them all in the garbage

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

He loves and meticulously recaps BTE though??

I think the difference is in the ring. BTE is a comedy show so he's cool with it. Wrestling is not a comedy show so he tends not to like goofy stuff in his wrestling. For example, him just not getting Toru Yano.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Dave not getting Yano makes sense as Yano brings down the sacred G1 match ratings but his inexplicably long time to realise Taichi was actually great was weird. He underrated every Taichi G1 match in 2019 by a lot.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

cagliostr0 posted:

Why is Dave maintaining Itoh doing the crying petulant child thing mid match will somehow not get over in America after arguing the same thing about Orange not working on a tv show last year

To be fair to Dave, a lot of us were worried about Orange's chances on weekly TV too. He can be a real stick in the mud about comedy though - in my experience it's a great way to introduce people to wrestling.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Dave was pretty quick to accept that Orange had a chance for limited success too, and then more.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The funny thing to me about Maki Itoh is wrestling fans going "nah, this doesn't work" when loving v-tubers are way more popular than wrestling right now.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

CombineThresher posted:

To be fair to Dave, a lot of us were worried about Orange's chances on weekly TV too. He can be a real stick in the mud about comedy though - in my experience it's a great way to introduce people to wrestling.

I don't really get thinking Orange wouldn't work. He's basically the only wrestler I have come across who everybody who isn't a rabid wrestling fan reacts positively to their work. I think they get over for the exact reason Cornette hates them, that they treat wrestling as a performance instead of a real fight.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Effy deserves more credit for publicly predicting OC's rise to superstardom before anyone else.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Pylons posted:

The funny thing to me about Maki Itoh is wrestling fans going "nah, this doesn't work" when loving v-tubers are way more popular than wrestling right now.

everyone I have shown anything maki itoh to that has no interest in wrestling absolutely adores her, it's extremely funny that only wrestling fans will look at someone unbelievably entertaining and go "no way this person succeeds"

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

davidbix posted:

Effy deserves more credit for publicly predicting OC's rise to superstardom before anyone else.

I feel like time will prove Effy right about a lot of things.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1369861293134512128

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Pylons posted:

Get Nyanners in here to host the new show with Big Show and Tony

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

still not sure what a vtube is

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Royal Updog posted:

still not sure what a vtube is

Dare you enter their magical realm?

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Not as terrible as I had hoped