Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

One trend I am ready for is premium fabric seats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Charles posted:

That's what I have, but it doesn't work sometimes. 🥺 and I don't think I have to be parked? Maybe that's the problem and I didn't realize it, haha.

Maybe you don't. I never actually drove one in person, I just know about it from a Doug Demuro review. But it randomly not working is very on brand for Kia. The Android Auto in my Stinger doesn't work a good 70% of the time.

LibCrusher
Jan 6, 2019

by Fluffdaddy
On Ford connect you can lock/unlock and remote start your car from the app! Until it stopped working for me for no reason. The option doesn’t even show up in the app anymore 😞

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

KillHour posted:

Maybe you don't. I never actually drove one in person, I just know about it from a Doug Demuro review. But it randomly not working is very on brand for Kia. The Android Auto in my Stinger doesn't work a good 70% of the time.

The iPhone version works well for me (although if the fragile expensive cable breaks...:rolleyes:), but my heat pump does not work, so I'm more concerned about that 🙃

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

smooth jazz posted:

Why yes I would like my car to look like a gaming computer at night, who doesn't?

Fyi you can set the colors to change/cycle automatically.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

smooth jazz posted:

Toyota Century already got it right with the wool and its criminal that it isn't everywhere.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

smooth jazz posted:

The current generation Land Rover Velar has a synthetic wool as it's top trim seat upholstery. It is very very nice.

Edit: https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/land-rover/range-rover-velar/102506/range-rover-velar-interior-design-inside-story-on-the-car-that

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

smooth jazz posted:

hell yeah you and me both

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

smooth jazz posted:

:yeah:

leather loving sucks when it’s 110 degrees here in August

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

smooth jazz posted:

https://www.volvocars.com/us/build/suv/xc90/inscription-(7-passenger)/t6-awd-(7-passenger)/personalize/upholstery?recharge=false&s=B74684Y

The new XC90s have optional full wool upholstery like a Toyota Century

Edit:

Do you like... coupe SUVs?

https://www.volvocars.com/us/v/cars/c40-electric

Edit 2: the tiny trunk spoiler killed me, I'm dead

The Oldest Man fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Mar 10, 2021

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
That the X6 actually ushered in this new abomination of an auto segment makes me hate it even more.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

smooth jazz posted:

Why yes I would like my car to look like a gaming computer at night, who doesn't?

This is straight-up ricer territory. I know it's been around for years at this point but I'm still baffled that this is a real thing luxury marques are putting in their cars.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Money can't buy taste, as they say.

Which is definitely true because I like it :haw:

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

As I get more money, I absolutely get more tacky.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
Sadly, getting more tacky hasn't gotten me more money. Yet.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

The Oldest Man posted:

The new XC90s have optional full wool upholstery like a Toyota Century

Full doing a lot of work when it's 70% polyester and 30% wool.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

MrLogan posted:

Full doing a lot of work when it's 70% polyester and 30% wool.

drat guess I need to stick with the Century

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

An all-electric Volvo can’t be that unreliable...

...right?

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

Bouillon Rube posted:

An all-electric Volvo can’t be that unreliable...

...right?

After the turbocharged, supercharged, plug-in hybrid T8 there’s really nowhere to go but up

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

smooth jazz posted:

The Mk8 GTI dropped and has cool plaid seats.

I would like cooled cloth over ventilated leather.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/roadshow/status/1369877694884671489

https://twitter.com/CARandDRIVER/status/1369877323860893696

The new Large Jeeps have been unveiled. Top trim has a 6.4L V8 with 471 HP and 455 lb/ft, and they are bigger than a Tahoe. Apparently the Grand Wagoneer can be optioned up to $111,000.

I'm so tired of everything

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

heated game moment posted:

The new Large Jeeps have been unveiled. Top trim has a 6.4L V8 with 471 HP and 455 lb/ft, and they are bigger than a Tahoe. Apparently the Grand Wagoneer can be optioned up to $111,000.

So glad we get more giant rear end SUVs that cost 10,000 times that of what minimum wage pays out to some 35 year old.

At least its bigger than an apartment in some coastal cities?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

cursedshitbox posted:

So glad we get more giant rear end SUVs that cost 10,000 times that of what minimum wage pays out to some 35 year old.

At least its bigger than an apartment in some coastal cities?

At least you can get the Canoo with a tent so you can actually live in it.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

I've got four words for you

Jeep Grand Wagoneer Coupe

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Ok, so you have the Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer.

Then you have the Grand Cherokee L, which looks sorta like a Wagoneer, but not quite (and a bit smaller)?

Just trying to wrap my head around the current big Jeep hierarchy. And I'm guessing the Jeep Commander was just a case of "too soon" and "not prestigious enough," plus it had a pretty anemic V8 and a terrible third row for its size.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I am honestly surprised that there is no cream color with wood inserts ala the actual real Grand Wagoneer. Deep copper with the wood sides.

They have no idea what the are doing.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

My Dad is a die hard chrysler fan for some baffling reason and I'm sure I'll be getting texts about the wagoneer today. It's tiresome how there seems to be a great divide in vehicles and also most other things these days; it's either really expensive stuff or really cheap stuff and very few options in the middle. Maybe I'm sounding boomerish, but I remember when a $60k vehicle was stupidly expensive. Bicycles are this way too now. Who on earth is buying top level bikes for five figures? They go $1000, $2000, $6000, $12000 (Giant TCR advanced SL 0 disc: $11,300)

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Van time.

https://twitter.com/bgluckman/status/1369855422673297413?s=20

Hoping for a change in the law that requires all manufacturers to have headlights at a sensible height like this. Also hoping that change will make designers and committees realise that cars with two sets of headlights or simply HUGE headlights look like poo poo and start making lower cars again.

~ P U R E F A N T A S Y ~

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Van time.

https://twitter.com/bgluckman/status/1369855422673297413?s=20

Hoping for a change in the law that requires all manufacturers to have headlights at a sensible height like this. Also hoping that change will make designers and committees realise that cars with two sets of headlights or simply HUGE headlights look like poo poo and start making lower cars again.

~ P U R E F A N T A S Y ~

Did you like the GM dustbuster vans back in the 90's?

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye
Cad nerds: we want wagons!
Jeep: say no more fam

I thought this was going to replace the Cherokee/Grand Cherokee due to their problematic names, but it looks like it’s another brand instead. Amazing.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

BloodBag posted:

My Dad is a die hard chrysler fan for some baffling reason and I'm sure I'll be getting texts about the wagoneer today. It's tiresome how there seems to be a great divide in vehicles and also most other things these days; it's either really expensive stuff or really cheap stuff and very few options in the middle. Maybe I'm sounding boomerish, but I remember when a $60k vehicle was stupidly expensive. Bicycles are this way too now. Who on earth is buying top level bikes for five figures? They go $1000, $2000, $6000, $12000 (Giant TCR advanced SL 0 disc: $11,300)

its simple: income inequality. people either have stupid amounts of money or are doing neggy eggy rolls

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

neggy eggy rolls

Your avatar being an egg makes this hilarious to me

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

I think Jeep can push that far upmarket, and frankly Stellantis has no other choice for a luxury brand in the US given that Alfa has kinda flopped, but a $100,000 Jeep sharing the same showroom with a $25,000 Compass is wild to me.

90s Solo Cup posted:

Ok, so you have the Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer.

Then you have the Grand Cherokee L, which looks sorta like a Wagoneer, but not quite (and a bit smaller)?

Just trying to wrap my head around the current big Jeep hierarchy. And I'm guessing the Jeep Commander was just a case of "too soon" and "not prestigious enough," plus it had a pretty anemic V8 and a terrible third row for its size.

The new Grand Cherokees use a modified version of the Alfa RWD platform, and the Wagoneers use a modified Ram 1500 platform. The Wagoneer is meant to fight the Tahoe, and the Grand Wagoneer is meant to fight the Escalade, Range Rover, and the Germans.

Stellantis also recently announced that the planned return of Peugeot to the US market has been cancelled.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
None of these new Jeeps are Trail Rated, and thus completely unsuitable for my lifestyle of rock crawling with $100,000 trucks.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The largest car peugeot makes is the 5008 with a 1.6T/2.0TD and its more a large crossover.

They are utterly outside the realm of what makes a profit in the US.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I think a next gen 5008 localized for the US would be profitable, but you're absolutely right that about the only other thing they sell that could be remotely attractive is the 508 which is in a dying segment anyway.

They'll badge engineer some of the DS line as Chryslers, I think. It's basically found money if they sell any.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

90 loving thousand dollar base price for a Chrysler gahhhhhhhhhhh

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

LeeMajors posted:

There's gonna be idiots paying 90k to be beta testers :v:

Why anyone would pay that much for a Chrysler luxury SUV is beyond me when there are so many better choices for the same amount of money

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I still think FCA makes some of the nicest looking and best laid-out interiors for mass-production vehicles. The obligatory touchscreen is integrated well and the controls are fairly ergonomic and where you'd expect them. Those Jeeps look nice for what they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

The future is now, old man.