Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Goddamn I'm on my Diablo 3 bullshit again.

This game is so loving perfect for Switch. About a week ago i discovered that necromancy is the most fun I've ever had with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

mdemone posted:

This game is so loving perfect for Switch. About a week ago i discovered that necromancy is the most fun I've ever had with it

Heyoooo are you me

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

mdemone posted:

Don't say poo poo like this.
I got in kinda deep on PC and very little else itches the mindless fun it provides.

Warframe is hella good but it's not the same.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

mdemone posted:

I haven't gotten Diablo 3 on Switch yet but I'm having a blast with Minecraft Dungeons.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

magimix posted:

All five of the drat things, no less! And that Mario Picross game. And Murder by Numbers (which I'm deep into the last chapter of). Picross S 6 through 10 need to hurry up and get made :f5:

b_d posted:

check out piczle cross adventure for more!

My wallet :negative:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Inzombiac posted:

Don't say poo poo like this.
I got in kinda deep on PC and very little else itches the mindless fun it provides.

Start a seasonal necromancer, choose Command Skeletons and Skeletal Mage and Revive.

It is the most glorious thing that you will ever do. Bring an army of their own dead upon them.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Mister Facetious posted:

He said he would be fixing the icon in the next update.
https://twitter.com/SeanYoungSG/status/1365035782466109451?s=20

This is pretty funny. So is Littlewood similar to Stardew Valley but building a town up instead of your farm? It looks charming and chill, especially if there is no combat.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Mister Facetious posted:

He said he would be fixing the icon in the next update.
https://twitter.com/SeanYoungSG/status/1365035782466109451?s=20

lmao this rules

DorianGravy
Sep 12, 2007

That TMNT game looks rad. I hope it's great!

I picked up Blaster Master Zero, which is pretty fun. I always wanted to like the original Blaster Master, but never really did. This one has some nice quality of life features, and (so far) succeeds in making it into a fun game.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

Ragequit posted:

This is pretty funny. So is Littlewood similar to Stardew Valley but building a town up instead of your farm? It looks charming and chill, especially if there is no combat.

I've only played a bit but it seems like that's generally the idea. I find it quite charming so far, especially because it has the mechanic where time only advances when you take an action, which makes it about 60% chiller than comparable games in the already generally chill genre

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

DorianGravy posted:

That TMNT game looks rad. I hope it's great!

I picked up Blaster Master Zero, which is pretty fun. I always wanted to like the original Blaster Master, but never really did. This one has some nice quality of life features, and (so far) succeeds in making it into a fun game.

That was my feeling on it too.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

woke kaczynski posted:

I've only played a bit but it seems like that's generally the idea. I find it quite charming so far, especially because it has the mechanic where time only advances when you take an action, which makes it about 60% chiller than comparable games in the already generally chill genre

Oooooohhhhhhh that's sold me on it.
Stardew is chill but I can't help but feel rushed.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Mr Phillby posted:

I'd love to see a Mario's Picross S or similar although honestly I don't think Jupiter could put out Picross game that I wouldn't buy immediately regardless of what IP it's based on lol.

Same, I bought the Overlord Picross game despite knowing absolutely nothing about Overlord. I had at least heard of and was vaguely familiar with Kemono Friends before I bought that Picross game.

Give us Kamen Rider Picross.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Ragequit posted:

As has been said, it's very chill. I have it on PC and will be getting it on Switch, as well. I'm in love with the "time advances when you do stuff" mechanic, because the ticking clock makes Stardew a little stressful for me in the beginning stages.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
Yeah I felt a little weird saying it because I really enjoy Stardew Valley (and Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons/Rune Factory etc) for chilling out but, especially these days, sometimes I'm too broke brained for even the slightest time pressure or stress and Littlewood fits that perfect little niche

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Ragequit posted:

I would argue it's closer to Animal Crossing than Stardew in terms of activities and terraforming/interior decorating.

Stamina = time spent is the best innovation to the genre ever, and there's a dedicated menu button to return to your home no matter where you are so you don't accidentally use your last sliver and pass out.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Mar 11, 2021

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Philosopher King posted:

I don't know why but I've always seen Wario as Austrian or German and Waluigi is clearly French,

:hai:

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

mdemone posted:

I only picked it up a few weeks ago and it's disgusting how many play hours I have already. I think I already put more time into it than Hades and it's gonna overtake botw for top time played in a few more weeks I think. It's so stupid and pointless but it feels amazing to mow down dudes in the pursuit of slightly more efficient gear to mow down more dudes faster. I haven't played a Diablo game since 1s heydey and it honestly hasn't changed that much but it's very polished.

If anyone needs a power level or wants to do some rifts, add me, it seems to work ok with people on other region servers.
SW-4852-5119-6019

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Mar 11, 2021

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Diablo 3 is on switch? Oh hell yeah.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

Diablo 3 is on switch? Oh hell yeah.

And it feels perfect on a controller, at least from the perspective of someone who's never played on PC.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Yeah D3 works incredibly well in handheld.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Fun Times! posted:

Yeah D3 works incredibly well in handheld.

Is that because the touchscreen helps? Is it a nightmare on a tv screen?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I have it for the PS4, (and it originally came out as a cross-gen title); it's very well optimized for controllers, moreso than Torchlight.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I haven't played it docked much but it seemed ok wrt text size and space allocation, I think they just meant it runs incredibly well even when the screen is busy with effects, I'm running a wizard right now and I can't imagine it getting busier and there's been zero slowdown. I haven't noticed any touch screen integration at all

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I haven't played it docked much but it seemed ok wrt text size and space allocation, I think they just meant it runs incredibly well even when the screen is busy with effects, I'm running a wizard right now and I can't imagine it getting busier and there's been zero slowdown. I haven't noticed any touch screen integration at all

Digital Foundry found they needed at least two people spamming poo poo constantly to make the framerate dip.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

abelwingnut posted:

yea, i think i've just grown out of it. it's been...a long time since i played a mario game.

i grew out of pushing a button

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

I primarily play in handheld. It runs great on the TV as well though I've hardly played it that way. Just my preference. I never used the touch screen and didn't know D3 had touch controls tbh.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

That's good to hear. I only ever played d2 on a PC but i can see it being fine to control on a modern controller.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

That's good to hear. I only ever played d2 on a PC but i can see it being fine to control on a modern controller.

It’s the best way to play the game. No question about it.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I was worried about how Diablo would work on a controller, but they really did an excellent job on D3. It controls great and I never find myself wishing I was using a keyboard and mouse instead

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I really liked my time with ff7 and I’ve been missing a Persona. Are those Digimon Cyber Sleuth games a decent enough jrpg? I haven’t played a lot of em.

Unless Pokémon games count. the last one I played was Y and it was a little plain.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I only picked it [Diablo 3] up a few weeks ago and it's disgusting how many play hours I have already. I think I already put more time into it than Hades

Lol this is like saying "i just discovered bread, it is very good, i eat it everyday, I've already eaten more than the bland tasteless wheat i was used too"

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Lol this is like saying "i just discovered bread, it is very good, i eat it everyday, I've already eaten more than the bland tasteless wheat i was used too"

you fool what have you done

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Comparing Diablo to Hades us like comparing Dynasty Warriors to Monster Hunter.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Jollyboy should be allowed to troll me as much as they like about this BC they are the person that convinced me to buy it by just absolutely going to town on me when I mentioned I bought overwatch for switch (currently 4th in playtime at 80 hours)

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Jollyboy should be allowed to troll me as much as they like about this BC they are the person that convinced me to buy it by just absolutely going to town on me when I mentioned I bought overwatch for switch (currently 4th in playtime at 80 hours)

Fockin Yes!

No trolling intended btw it was more a "Overwatch in 2021 - lul" kinda thing but regardless you made the right choice!

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
If anyone's curious why people think Diablo 3 plays better on a controller, one huge improvement is the addition of an evade button. Your character gets to roll out of danger immediately in whichever direction you flick the right stick, which they can't do in the PC version. It also breaks barrels Dark Souls-style.

Targeting and inventory management feel better than you'd think as well, but for me the evade is the main thing.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mr Phillby posted:

Comparing Diablo to Hades us like comparing Dynasty Warriors to Monster Hunter.

Comparing Dynasty Warriors to Monster Hunter is like comparing boobs to butts

poonchasta
Feb 22, 2007

FFFFAAAFFFFF FFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFFAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF
People actually use evade in D3? Does it have invincibility frames?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The Bloop posted:

Comparing Dynasty Warriors to Monster Hunter is like comparing boobs to butts

Dynasty Warriors is life, Monster Hunter is hometown?