Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/mattaknox/status/1370048218927656963

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

hmm, this idea that a president shouldn't publicly address us proles might be......... problematic

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

They really are basically throwing every previous president under the bus in order to find reasons for why everything is suddenly so awesome. Before they wasted their precious Working time giving press conferences but Biden is so busy he simply can't.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Wasn't Obama dealing with the worst recession in decades as he entered office

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

gradenko_2000 posted:

YAAAAS SLAY KWEEEEEN

Isn't she still alive? Isn't it a little weird to name a battleship after someone who's still alive?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Eggplant Squire posted:

I'm not sure if the end goal is trying to be the official media of a one party state or just trying to discredit actual leftist policy by overshadowing it with tax credits and one time payments but it's very sudden and very weird.

were already a one party state dumbass

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
Oh wow, imagine if a reporter asked the president a question and he didn't answer, or lied or something. They'd follow up, and their colleagues would hahahahaha no wait, absolutely jack poo poo would happen

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Eggplant Squire posted:

The strategy definitely seems to be to have the Democrats presented as friends of the poor and have that hammered in as hard as possible regardless of what they deliver. I'm not sure if the end goal is trying to be the official media of a one party state or just trying to discredit actual leftist policy by overshadowing it with tax credits and one time payments but it's very sudden and very weird.

Smythe posted:

And they're already the official media of that one state party.

In the Colosseum
Jan 2, 2008

They train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write 'fuck' on their airplanes because it is obscene.
they are so terrified of having him answer some softball questions lol

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I mean officially but yeah it is a dumbass statement

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

holy poo poo lmfao

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

gradenko_2000 posted:

Wasn't Obama dealing with the worst recession in decades as he entered office

It's super funny how much they are saying Obama was a loser without calling him out by name in order to push Biden.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Smythe posted:

:capitalism:

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Eggplant Squire posted:

It's super funny how much they are saying Obama was a loser without calling him out by name in order to push Biden.

Obama going to kneecap the Biden admin for this lol

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Working out if Pete Buttigieg is his grandson.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Yeah, it's weird. Not like they wouldn't cover for Biden if he went off the rails during a press conference. Are his handlers that worried that he can't go like 30 minutes without audibly making GBS threads himself or something?

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

gandlethorpe posted:

Yeah, it's weird. Not like they wouldn't cover for Biden if he went off the rails during a press conference. Are his handlers that worried that he can't go like 30 minutes without audibly making GBS threads himself or something?

Yeah I mean, they're just drawing attention to it more with the deflections - just throw him out there for 5 minutes if he's not completely incapable

Narrator: he was completely incapable

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Raccooon posted:

"Most progressive bill in decades"
"Democrats aren't letting Republicans push them around like in 2009"
"Democrats care about the poor now"
"We can't have press conferences because he's too busy now"
"Biggest issue facing a president"

Like that all seems targetted at Obama's legacy.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

gandlethorpe posted:

theres no need to talk to press or w/e in a whats that called? the thing we're in? custodian state or something? where the ruling class just barely holds the country together with baling wire while capital finishes picking it apart? sorry ive been forgetting words a lot lately and think im getting a lot stupider by the day

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Smythe posted:

theres no need to talk to press or w/e in a whats that called? the thing we're in? custodian state or something? where the ruling class just barely holds the country together with baling wire while capital finishes picking it apart? sorry ive been forgetting words a lot lately and think im getting a lot stupider by the day

smythe i'm worried about you, bud, you're being awfully tough on yourself for having a simple stutter

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

gandlethorpe posted:

why would a fascist want to do a press conference

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I think a good trolling take considering these recent over the top articles is to muse sadly that it's too bad Biden had to drop out of the 2008 primary for some reason I can't remember and didn't become President instead of Obama since he has been proven to be more competent.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

why would a fascist want to do a press conference

but that's the thing, with how fawning the press is biden could do one and enitrely questions about his heckin pupperinos and how does it feel to be saving america's poor.

but he's so old and mush brained that they can't even risk him in public that long

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

liz, he said this won't happen. what is wrong with you?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Eggplant Squire posted:

I think a good trolling take considering these recent over the top articles is to muse sadly that it's too bad Biden had to drop out of the 2008 primary for some reason I can't remember and didn't become President instead of Obama since he has been proven to be more competent.

poe's law is in full force on that one because the there's a chunk of libs (who for some strange reason are also anti-BlackLivesMatters) are basically already saying that, and in fact Biden made Obama do all the good things like legalizing gay marriage.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

:yooge: He doesn't even know he's alive.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Eggplant Squire posted:

"Most progressive bill in decades"
"Democrats aren't letting Republicans push them around like in 2009"
"Democrats care about the poor now"
"We can't have press conferences because he's too busy now"
"Biggest issue facing a president"

Like that all seems targetted at Obama's legacy.

How close are we to Biden being crowned "first black president"

"third black president" would probably be more insulting, since it acknowledges Clinton's existence

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Nichael posted:

liz, he said this won't happen. what is wrong with you?

The cynic in me says it's optics so they can let the Sinema-Manchin coalition kill it so Joe doesn't have to.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/CarlBeijer/status/1370066587097702401?s=19

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

gru_whiteboard_4panels.png

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Not wanting to vote for a rapist and choosing not to vote for them is 100% a personal choice and I have no problem with that.

What I do have a problem with is when people say they don't vote for him because he's a rapist and "my morals are better than that," or something along those lines, especially when they've willingly had a bunch of kids. Making the moral judgment that you are better than those who picked the lesser of two evils (I'm better than you rhetoric) while doing something that in the larger scheme of things is ethically far more questionable (having kids as a choice in the current environment versus adopting) than voting for someone that you thought would (and has) saved tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of lives, even if they've done acts of evil in the past.

And this is not to say I look at any parent and think, "you're bad". I don't. But if we're getting into the "I'm better than," rhetoric, that's an easy behavior to point out is inherently not great giving the current crisis on society.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Not wanting to vote for a rapist and choosing not to vote for them is 100% a personal choice and I have no problem with that.

What I do have a problem with is when people say they don't vote for him because he's a rapist and "my morals are better than that," or something along those lines, especially when they've willingly had a bunch of kids. Making the moral judgment that you are better than those who picked the lesser of two evils (I'm better than you rhetoric) while doing something that in the larger scheme of things is ethically far more questionable (having kids as a choice in the current environment versus adopting) than voting for someone that you thought would (and has) saved tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of lives, even if they've done acts of evil in the past.

And this is not to say I look at any parent and think, "you're bad". I don't. But if we're getting into the "I'm better than," rhetoric, that's an easy behavior to point out is inherently not great giving the current crisis on society.

I need to know the source of this gold, please, i'm begging you

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Trabisnikof posted:

poe's law is in full force on that one because the there's a chunk of libs (who for some strange reason are also anti-BlackLivesMatters) are basically already saying that, and in fact Biden made Obama do all the good things like legalizing gay marriage.

Yeah the recent converts like Jennifer Rubin, Frum, and Ana Navarro that suddenly feel very at home very obviously believe it.

Cpt_Obvious posted:

thats spicy

Eggplant Squire has issued a correction as of 18:52 on Mar 11, 2021

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/Ilhan/status/1370058722999857154?s=19

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Raccooon posted:

I don’t know about that, but I bet he’s having a very Homelander-esque reaction about it.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Tzen posted:

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1369746538734436357
lol the child checks won't come until summer, on a slow meek monthly rollout, awesome stuff this bill is

plus it sounds ("on top of your normal checks") like it's going to be up to the employer to issue it, lol.

like, instead of adjusting withholding to provide an extra $300 in your paycheck each month (or $75/week or $150/2x monthly or w/e), they want you to get an actual physical check from uncle sam joe?

I guess with most employees having direct deposit it's nbd but they're gonna find some way to gently caress this up with 1099 workers or otherwise, I guarantee.

It's also gonna be a nightmare for divorced parents who alternate taking dependents as deductions by the year.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Clip-On Fedora posted:

I don’t know about that, but I bet he’s having a very Homelander-esque reaction about it.

masturbating while flying on top of a drone around DC, while crying and saying "no one can stop me"?

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/AntifascistF12/status/1370072889500827650?s=19

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

This is exactly what the big gun store lobby wanted.

:mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

yang sucks so much