Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Yang is so loving dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Yangland culture

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Yang owns, him and Marianne are the only candidates I respect, gently caress that sheepdog bernie

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/JonLemire/status/1370078133957881860
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1370079720377835523

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

already gone

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Cuomo is going to be america's Berlusconi

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
if only someone told him he made them uncomfortable.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

This frightened my dog and made him start barking

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/au_brizzle/status/1370078720761954305

https://twitter.com/TMade50/status/1370079067798659072

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

And the current president would continue that tradition. A Good Tweet

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Wait, is 'groping' a softer, more funny, way of saying 'sexual assault'???

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Eggplant Squire posted:

I haven't seen Biden give any interviews about this subject so does this article just quote his twitter feed or what?

there are bulleted talking points memos, as it were, distributed directly from the WH to favorably inclined media.

that's how they come up with the same phrases & themes like "most radical change to healthcare since LBJ" and "will cut child poverty by one-half."

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe
man it sure is cool that if you're some volunteer thats been in the room with a politician once you get to be the authoritative source for all things in your state's legislative body and nobody is allowed to question your interpretation of facts

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

the replies are very bad and sad do not read them

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

mastershakeman posted:

Also since the kid payments don't happen for 3 months but only last a year , do they stop expiring next summer? What the hell?

it's timed to expire right when the midterms are heating up, so when they try to renew it they can paint opponents as "taking money away from you."

dems like tax cuts as much as republicans; they just means-test thru parental status for them, in addition to other means tests.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Mirthless posted:

at some point liberals became church moms and it loving sucks so bad

It's a rhetorical trick that lets them attack critics without having to refute their points directly.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

lol the only concrete example they have in this article is one woman being told to "stop talking" for complaining about something.

like im sure the campaign's bad culture is real and everything but come the gently caress on

Ghost of RBG
Sep 21, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Trabisnikof posted:

the replies are very bad and sad do not read them

:thunk:

https://mobile.twitter.com/mghenn/status/1370080612695089158

https://mobile.twitter.com/suett29/status/1370081496724295681

https://mobile.twitter.com/babylve29/status/1370082177862492164

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

They blame themselves for Trump, so now they're terrified of criticizing Biden.

Ghost of RBG
Sep 21, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Demon cracker nation

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

why the gently caress is women in quotes lol

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

a Loving Dog posted:

lol the only concrete example they have in this article is one woman being told to "stop talking" for complaining about something.

like im sure the campaign's bad culture is real and everything but come the gently caress on

Remember when they smeared Bernie with the same kind of stories? Yang must be on the outs with the establishment media.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Eggplant Squire posted:

It is kinda terrifying that they have shifted from simply ignoring bad stuff to actively straight up doing positive opeds as news and not even bothering to hide it by using the most glowing phrasing they can. Like I don't know how you can defend that headline or the even more absurd WAPO one about showing money of the poor without at least questioning if there is a little bit of bias with the writer trying to tug you towards a conclusion.

The strategy definitely seems to be to have the Democrats presented as friends of the poor and have that hammered in as hard as possible regardless of what they deliver. I'm not sure if the end goal is trying to be the official media of a one party state or just trying to discredit actual leftist policy by overshadowing it with tax credits and one time payments but it's very sudden and very weird.

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Lib and let die posted:

gru_whiteboard_4panels.png

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Terror Sweat posted:

Yang owns, him and Marianne are the only candidates I respect, gently caress that sheepdog bernie

i really appreciated yang's 'just move inland' response to the climate change question, since no one else had an actual answer beyond gibberish like joining voluntary do nothing accords

THS
Sep 15, 2017

dont respect any candidates

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

I read the whole thing.

She writes this

"It advertises an absurdity at the expense of a reality."

This person isnt human.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

THS posted:

dont respect any candidates

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

lol holy poo poo

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

a Loving Dog posted:

idk ive never heard a guy be told to stop talking because if that happened there's a good chance they'd go in an explosive tirade or quit on the spot, with the slight chance of going postal later. men are much more likely to escalate a conflict than women.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lol #metoo rolls over in it's grave

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Biden is doing many calls and many meetings, too busy ok

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Fo shizzle my librral it's the Au-brizzle.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

human garbage bag posted:

idk ive never heard a guy be told to stop talking because if that happened there's a good chance they'd go in an explosive tirade or quit on the spot, with the slight chance of going postal later. men are much more likely to escalate a conflict than women.

ive seen that exact scenario happen plenty of times and no one died from it. if you are unlucky and get a lovely boss it can even happen weekly!

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

when i was in college i was told to stop talking after trying to defend myself for being late to my library job, by a woman no less! and while sure it sucked i didnt want to kill her or even want to talk to a reporter about it

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Bideo James posted:

I read the whole thing.

She writes this

"It advertises an absurdity at the expense of a reality."

This person isnt human.

it’s clear she really hates the drone murders based on her twitter but her frustration with the cartoon is misdirected because she’s kinda assuming that if we got rid of gallows irony replies we would have something more meaningful to do instead.

But we can’t, there’s absolutely nothing we can do to stop the drone murders. This isn’t even like vietnam where public protests could annoy the MIC, now they’re so far removed from the rest of society we can keep bombing no matter how big protests get.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Yeah seems like a good thread to defend yang in

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

papa horny michael posted:

cam the coming economic stimulus check be garnished for taxes owed, or student loans back-payments?

yes, and it can also be seized by private debt collectors who have judgments against people.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

in this thread we respect incredibly dumb rich people like Bloomberg and Yang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Yeah seems like a good thread to defend yang in

Not defending yang, even a cursory glance at the first post I mentioned it shows that I believe the bad campaign culture was real. I'm taking issue with them using only one example and it being a lovely example.