Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Racist "even by British standards" lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

is this the national dish?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

this is actually a still from the American Pie UK Remake "British Pie"

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

It'd stop them sending me aggressive letters every year asking if I own a TV, I'm all for it.

They know you do cos they scanned your house from their van

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

please do not be cruel to stargazy pie, the fish are trying their best

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

please do not be cruel to stargazy pie, the fish are trying their best

That's polite of you to say given that they're darker skinned than anything in their environs that's holding them down

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Do it ironically posted:

Isn’t Philip on record as saying racist poo poo many times? Bold move for William to say the royals aren’t racist let’s see how the gambit plays out

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

The british make this by covering a pond in raw pastry dough, and then boiling the water. It's super hosed up, but it's one of the new things that Meghan Markle makes them do, they have to do it. I saw the queen cry about it the first time it was done.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I never realised how cute eels were before. They're adorable. Those poor little fellas.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

To be fair to the eels I don't think those are cooked properly. The crust appears to be, but you can't bake a fish/eel at pie temps like that, hot enough to brown a crust, without them coming out looking more...done than that, and their eyes fogged over. I don't mean just in a pie, I just mean cooking fish at that temp in general.

I'm guessing that's just a weird prop or as I like to call it a GODDAMN LIE

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

that happened because they put the eels in the pie while they were still alive and they tried to wriggle out while they were being baked to death in the oven. just absolutely gruesome. britain should be sunk

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
You mean they're still alive? Oh my god! :(

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

they were caught attempting to illegally enter the country, and the home secretary decreed this was to be their punishment

also yeah it's not actually a stargazy pie it turns out, it is a harry potter prop.

https://www.therpf.com/forums/threads/jellied-eel-pie-from-diagon-alley-orlando.297618/

the eels probably harboured views around trans people being people, and were thus punished

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
boo, oh well. it was the nicest looking one anyways

full disclosure, i'd try it if it was real

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

here if you're going to have eels, please, look at this exemplar of Britain serving their finest jellied, and think of just how TRULY AWFUL American people and fare are in comparison to this peak of beauty

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

yet another example of gbs hating women. nice forum culture u got there

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Good God I feel uncomfortable being waited on in a restaurant or ordering delivery and making some poor dude bike to my house. The sheer loving hubris these assholes have to sit there with jolly smiles on their sickly, bloated faces is criminal.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Good God I feel uncomfortable being waited on in a restaurant or ordering delivery and making some poor dude bike to my house. The sheer loving hubris these assholes have to sit there with jolly smiles on their sickly, bloated faces is criminal.

if it makes you feel any better Will did say the family isn't racist so

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

My "The Royal Family is not Racist" T-shirt has people asking a lot of questions already answered by my shirt

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'm satisfied with the fact the guy dressed like a character in American Psycho being carried on a throne by indigenous peoples isn't out of touch and just enjoying a bit of the "Native Lifestyle", why can't you guys, golly.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Ralph Crammed In posted:

smiles on their sickly, bloated faces

??? you can make fun of them without hallucinating

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Big Beef City posted:

here if you're going to have eels, please, look at this exemplar of Britain serving their finest jellied, and think of just how TRULY AWFUL American people and fare are in comparison to this peak of beauty

too much colour in that dish, might be spicy

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Ralph Crammed In posted:

The sheer loving hubris these assholes have to sit there with jolly smiles on their sickly, bloated faces is criminal.

Imagine having that hubris while this is your family, op

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Mar 11, 2021

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Glad that pesky royal family is finally gone, now all that money can go to feeding the peasants insects instead.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The British language is so beautiful. I've heard they have over 600 words that mean "eel pie"

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I never realised how cute eels were before. They're adorable. Those poor little fellas.

you dont know poo poo crybaby. those are sardines.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Stargazy Pie is made with pilchards (sardines) :eng101:

fe: beaten but so what. SO WHAT :mad:

e: actually not beaten since apparently in that picture, those are eels
v

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

also yeah it's not actually a stargazy pie it turns out, it is a harry potter prop.

https://www.therpf.com/forums/threads/jellied-eel-pie-from-diagon-alley-orlando.297618/

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Ralph Crammed In posted:

I'm less offended with "carrying someone is a sign of dignity and respect in our culture" and more the gall of foreign dignitaries helping themselves to said respect and culture, particularly if they did nothing to earn it.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

ashamed i couldn't tell the difference between an eel and a sardine. smoke me a kipper, ill be back for breakfast.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i cant believe the british empire extended to like half the places with good food and they stuck to their lovely english breakfast and kippers

Origin
Feb 15, 2006

Glad my ancestors fled a place where they don't use the definite article in prepositional phrases. New England is the best England, Onanists!

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all
Does anyone think the narrative was changed about this story? It seems they mostly talked about how lovely the media is, how them and the other royals were under the thumb of the press, not to much about there family really. Seems like that's mostly been avoided in the news.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Proud Rat Mom posted:

Does anyone think the narrative was changed about this story? It seems they mostly talked about how lovely the media is, how them and the other royals were under the thumb of the press, not to much about there family really. Seems like that's mostly been avoided in the news.

racist rear end press that profits off dunking on the royals is naturally not gonna run headlines saying BRITISH TABLOID PRESS ABUSIVE AND RACIST when there's royals to dunk on

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I don't even own a british tabloid.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

I, personally, believe the truth is in the middle (between the monarchy being a bunch of closeted Nazis and Meghan/Harry being woke performance artists milking the idiot media machine)

lurker2006
Jul 30, 2019

Ralph Crammed In posted:

I don't know, I doubt they really want to be doing it either. It's probably a weird, forced thing for everyone involved like all bullshit state ceremonies.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The thing you have to understand about the British is that they are a degraded people. They are literal cucks. A rejected racist Muppet is considered greatly desirable because he appears to prefer consenting adult women, a rare marvel among their rulers. They look at black people having to carry literal royalty on palanquins and go 'god I wish that were me' and I don't mean the royals

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Ah, cucks

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Robo Reagan posted:

i cant believe the british empire extended to like half the places with good food and they stuck to their lovely english breakfast and kippers

They stole curry and made it worse, but also occasionally better. Truly, a complicated Imperial legacy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The thing you have to understand about the British is that they are a degraded people. They are literal cucks. A rejected racist Muppet is considered greatly desirable because he appears to prefer consenting adult women, a rare marvel among their rulers. They look at black people having to carry literal royalty on palanquins and go 'god I wish that were me' and I don't mean the royals

Actually they have endemic iodine deficiency