Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

You know. Morons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

There's this obnoxious former Blizzard developer (I think he was the lead on World of Warcraft at one point) who crashed and burned with his own project and tweets really bad reactionary takes and he talked about how the game Conker's Bad Fur Day couldn't be released today and then a hundred people pointed out you can buy it on the XBox store right now.

Also a strange take because the new South Park games are way more "un-PC" and are a well-reviewed best sellers.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

He's the guy who did Wildstar, right? Lol

Basically tried to replicate vanilla WoW without all the charm or nostalgia

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Feldegast42 posted:

He's the guy who did Wildstar, right? Lol

Basically tried to replicate vanilla WoW without all the charm or nostalgia

Worse - Firefall.

https://www.techinasia.com/firefall-mark-kern-sacked-the9-story

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
Fox News just cannot stop threatening me with a good time.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1370024770884886537?s=21
lol

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

I wondered why I hadn't heard anything from Plim Tool in a bit. I guess this was why!

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
On the surface, they’re saying that there are no more raunchy comedies with farts, which is obviously absurd. You could point to any number of things like Deadpool. You could even include stuff that self-styled free speech warriors got the vapors over, like WAP. So what makes Blazing Saddles different?

What they really trying say is they want to say the n-word and be lauded as groundbreaking freethinkers for doing so.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

I really hope Thought Slime does a video about this.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
My favorite way of responding to the Blazing Saddles thing is to misunderstand their point by saying things like "I agree, because they already made it and I don't like the trend of Hollywood remaking movies" or "You're right, because Gene Wilder/Cleavon Little/Harvey Korman is dead and it wouldn't be the same without them."

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Not sure I'd want Madeleine Kahn to reprise her role as Lily Von Schtupp.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Kerrrrrrrrrrrn!! :argh:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

There's this obnoxious former Blizzard developer (I think he was the lead on World of Warcraft at one point) who crashed and burned with his own project and tweets really bad reactionary takes and he talked about how the game Conker's Bad Fur Day couldn't be released today and then a hundred people pointed out you can buy it on the XBox store right now.

Also a strange take because the new South Park games are way more "un-PC" and are a well-reviewed best sellers.

lol Mark Kern is the same guy who had a meltdown and said this, but later deleted it

https://twitter.com/GlassSpiider/status/1017946119534514176?s=20

yes I'm sure someone would go through all the work for you Mark

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Ask them what they think about The Producers

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

think of it like the "Who's Who" of genitals

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

My favorite way of responding to the Blazing Saddles thing is to misunderstand their point by saying things like "I agree, because they already made it and I don't like the trend of Hollywood remaking movies" or "You're right, because Gene Wilder/Cleavon Little/Harvey Korman is dead and it wouldn't be the same without them."

Man, thought Gene Wilder was one of those actors that I thought is long dead but is really alive, but he was one of the famous people to die in the worst year ever 2016.

I guess Toblerone and Postman Pat also died. :pressf:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

For a man who said he wanted to become the next Andrew Breitbart, he sure skipped right to the metaphorical dropping dead on the sidewalk part, didn't he?

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1370189626502094848

God, Tuck is such a big baby. Says something utterly moronic, gets dunked, and immediately whines about how the dunking is a sinister conspiracy against him.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Captain Kosmos posted:

Man, thought Gene Wilder was one of those actors that I thought is long dead but is really alive, but he was one of the famous people to die in the worst year ever 2016.

I guess Toblerone and Postman Pat also died. :pressf:

Lemmy died in 2015 (December 28th), not 2016.

Everything is a lie.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Yeah also, ALF isn't real so he couldn't die.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

And Brexit remains stubbornly alive.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I can't believe French horns are dead.

There was a post in the Freep thread about how a lot of them are switching to different stuff when Rush's show comes on the radio and listening to a bit of it today I see why. The hosts now are lazy as poo poo and just say things like "Hey remember how Rush told us how the Dems were bad for the past 30 years, here's a clip of Rush saying that." There's very little talk about current events, the host will mention it in passing sometimes but they don't actually give their opinion on it beyond "Thing bad, here's a clip of Rush talking to some guy on the phone."

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...
This is a really good take-down as to why you couldn't make Blazing Saddles today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzMFoNZeZm0

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Groovelord Neato posted:

The South Park games have a difficulty slider that does nothing but change your character’s skin tone and interactions with the cops iirc. Wonder how they feel about that

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

The South Park games have a difficulty slider that does nothing but change your character’s skin tone and interactions with the cops iirc. Wonder how they feel about that

How is that received?

Depending on your own political beliefs I could see that as either highlighting or endorsing racism.

(Not a good idea to be ambiguous about that sort of thing, as we've seen with "ironical" Nazis)

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

My favorite little response to "you couldn't make Blazing Saddles today" that I like to use is "you couldn't make it back then, either, it was the whole point." What it lacks in nuance it makes up for in brevity, I think.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

It's interesting really noticing the vacuum that Rush Limbaugh left when he died. I knew he had a huge audience but the rather incoherent right wing messaging and their flailing attempts to attack Biden have been way more noticeable than normal. I guess some of it has to with Biden not really giving them much to work with but that never seemed to stop them before.

Without Limbaugh, there's really no sun for all the other pundits to orbit around and that's compounded by none of those surrounding planets having anything close to his talent. The RWM sphere lately feels like an old man in a Denny's bitching about his Grand Slam while the rest of the restaurant just ignores him.

Rush kind of set the table for the talking points and got the conversation started through his large reach but now they're just bitching about Dr. Suess and the President's dog.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
It makes sense when you stop and realize how many lovely AM stations out in fucksatawny carried Rush as the backbone of anything they did.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

BiggerBoat posted:

It's interesting really noticing the vacuum that Rush Limbaugh left when he died. I knew he had a huge audience but the rather incoherent right wing messaging and their flailing attempts to attack Biden have been way more noticeable than normal. I guess some of it has to with Biden not really giving them much to work with but that never seemed to stop them before.

Without Limbaugh, there's really no sun for all the other pundits to orbit around and that's compounded by none of those surrounding planets having anything close to his talent. The RWM sphere lately feels like an old man in a Denny's bitching about his Grand Slam while the rest of the restaurant just ignores him.

Rush kind of set the table for the talking points and got the conversation started through his large reach but now they're just bitching about Dr. Suess and the President's dog.

Good.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
minor physics lesson, but if the sun or a star, the earth or a planet were magically deleted, the (lack of) gravity waves takes light mins / hours to get to the satellites and then they go flying into the void.

probably to freeze in darkness, or a non zero chance of crashing into something hopefully.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I feel like the right wing universe is trying to re-align around Tucker Carlson and that's working out exactly as well as anyone familiar with Tucker Carlson would predict.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

STAC Goat posted:

I feel like the right wing universe is trying to re-align around Tucker Carlson and that's working out exactly as well as anyone familiar with Tucker Carlson would predict.

Orbiting around a black hole of charisma and getting too close to the event horizon.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

STAC Goat posted:

I guess right now he's the most prominent right wing media person, which isn't saying much

Who else would even be in the conversation? Ben Shapiro? He doesn't have a TV show that I am aware of, just online stuff.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Dark Project posted:

This is a really good take-down as to why you couldn't make Blazing Saddles today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzMFoNZeZm0

I watched this a couple of weeks ago and it's good but I should warn people that there is a distinct danger of getting the "Buffalo Bill, Jr." theme song stuck your head.

Buffalo Bill, Junioooooor (Buffalo Bill, Junioooooor)....! God dammit.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

FlamingLiberal posted:

I guess right now he's the most prominent right wing media person, which isn't saying much

Who else would even be in the conversation? Ben Shapiro? He doesn't have a TV show that I am aware of, just online stuff.

Hannity still has a radio show that comes on after Rush's and a TV show, but it seems like everyone is gravitating to Tucker Carlson instead of him. It's weird. I wonder if Fox News doesn't like him or something because he seemed perfectly prepped to replace Rush since he already had two shows.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Dead air abhors a vaccum.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

For whatever reason a lot of people try and sell Tucker as the reasonable and respected one where as I don't think anyone really tries to defend Hannity or Ingraham. Those two are just trainwrecks of controversy and "triggered?" but people still kind of buy into Carlson being serious talking to people like Greenwald and stuff. There was that whole weird thing awhile back where people were afraid he was gonna be the next great electoral threat for some reason.

And then you listen to him speak and realize that confused dog look isn't an act.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Twelve by Pies posted:

Hannity still has a radio show that comes on after Rush's and a TV show, but it seems like everyone is gravitating to Tucker Carlson instead of him. It's weird. I wonder if Fox News doesn't like him or something because he seemed perfectly prepped to replace Rush since he already had two shows.
Hannity isn't insane enough

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

PhazonLink posted:

minor physics lesson, but if the sun or a star, the earth or a planet were magically deleted, the (lack of) gravity waves takes light mins / hours to get to the satellites and then they go flying into the void.

probably to freeze in darkness, or a non zero chance of crashing into something hopefully.

Thanks for the correction. I think my overall point still sort of stands. Sorry about my physics. I went to art school.

EDIT: I still don't think that Rush's reach can be underestimated.

I swear to god, in several of the offices I've worked in, the MAGA employees didn't weigh in on poo poo until maybe a day and a half and, when they did, they were parroting whatever he said. One of my bosses said something to me once along the lines of "He's kind of an rear end in a top hat, but Rush is RIGHT". He's not and the damage he's done to the discourse in this country will take a lone loving time to remedy but a TON of people worship him for TELLING IT LIKE IT IS and poo poo like that.

I'm really really really glad he is dead and hope his listeners continue to find themselves wandering in the wilderness for a good while.

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Mar 14, 2021

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Just keep playing Rush reruns forever, splice in some edited lines that could be interpreted as doublespeak for his situation and whereabouts, and then go on facebook spreading memes about how Q knows that Rush is really still alive and on the run from the Deep State

Is any one of these fuckers gonna notice if they heard a show from the 90s where he's screaming about the Clintons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Here are the two latest episodes of Behind the Bastards. It is all about Rush Limbaugh.

Part 1:
https://overcast.fm/+Mzr9NViBE

Part 2:
https://overcast.fm/+Mzr-MkqKU