Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I wouldn’t worry about it. You can always double back (much, much) later if you run out of stuff to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

nessin posted:

Actual question time though, is the Grimm Troupe worth going down? I just unlocked them today and thought the Grimmchild charm sounded cool so I got the first upgrade and beat the three enemies for the second upgrade (which led to me finding Kingdom's Edge to explore) but Grimm so utterly crushed me on my first attempt I kind of don't want to bother even trying again for a long time unless it's worth it. The first upgrade of the Grimmchild charm is kind of underwhelming and I'm not sure what else I'll get out of them.

If you have suitable charms unlocked, the normal Grimm fight can be trivialized and done in 30 seconds by just spamming the upwards-going damage spell, he goes down in about 30 seconds. His nightmare version is a different story. As to whether it's worth it, it depends, do you want more charms that give you pets? They can be fun, but you can also just as well play the game as a master swordsman and never worry about it.

Dealing with the... Lady of the Grimm troupe is definitely worth it though, you should finish her quest before taking down Grimm himself.

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

Cool, now all I need to do to platinum the game is *checks notes* ...beat the Pantheon of the Knight and the Pantheon of Hallownest :smith:

DevCore fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Mar 10, 2021

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Legitimately think it's easier than Sage because no Zote.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Lady of the grimm troupe = the one who wants all your $$? Or did I miss someone.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

Lady of the grimm troupe = the one who wants all your $$? Or did I miss someone.

That's the one, I believe. It's a ton of grinding but the rewards are the best in the game. Might not be worth the time investment, depending on what else you need to fight/do.

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

Superrodan posted:

That's the one, I believe. It's a ton of grinding but the rewards are the best in the game. Might not be worth the time investment, depending on what else you need to fight/do.

Make sure to get the geo boosting one first.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Superrodan posted:

Best in game? Really?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Wait are we talking about the Unbreakable versions of Strength, Heart, and Greed?

'Cause uhhh I'd say only go for those for the sake of completionism if you want. Like, they are absolutely the very last thing I would ever spend Geo on.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Yeah, you get G then S then H if you can stomach the grind again. S is pretty useful, though. I mean for amateurs like me.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Oh no, my precious geo.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'd hate to tackle the boss gauntlets in the dlc without strength

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

Oh no, my precious geo.
Sure like, it's not even that precious! And yet, those are still literally the lowest priority thing to buy.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

cheetah7071 posted:

I'd hate to tackle the boss gauntlets in the dlc without strength

Godhome is in the dream world, so Fragile charms won't break there. :eng101:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Martman posted:

Sure like, it's not even that precious! And yet, those are still literally the lowest priority thing to buy.

I would say it depends. If you're Not Very Good At Platformers (like me!), there's plenty of bosses in the late game where just DPSing them becomes much more viable with those things. And as said above, you're swimming in Geo at that point even if you suck. Haven't the devs stated that the reason for her outrageous on their face prices are because there isn't anything to use geo in the "base" game later on?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I organically had already bought everything by the end of the game so having a post game Geo sink while I cleaned up collectibles and grubs was good.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Even if you clear out Grimm, Divine will stay around until you've bought all her stuff, so you don't need to do that first.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Unbreakable charms don't even help for the hardest parts of the game, since that's all in dreams and your charms don't break in dreams.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

What if it makes me feel good to have?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Waltzing Along posted:

Yeah, you get G then S then H if you can stomach the grind again. S is pretty useful, though. I mean for amateurs like me.

Buy G last because unless you break it several dozen times, making it unbreakable is a geo loss.

edit: daaang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NliFX_dFtw

SirSamVimes fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Mar 18, 2021

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

If you play in steel soul mode then you don't even need to upgrade the fragile charms, #lifehacks

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

QuarkJets posted:

If you play in steel soul mode then you don't even need to upgrade the fragile charms, #lifehacks
Thank you for the much needed update on Hollow Knight Silksong

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

Martman posted:

Thank you for the much needed update on Hollow Knight Silksong

You know drat well that if there were any actual Silksong news this thread would have 100 new posts instead of 1.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

When's it coming out?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cactus posted:

When's it coming out?

We’re now going to get another 3 pages of replies that it’s already out and here’s a goofy troll type thing I’m doing in the game RIGHT NOW!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
lmao at how many Hollow Knight fans ITT are themselves joyless husks devoid of light or humor

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Silksong is just what happens when you play Hunting Horn in MH: Rise :v:

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Zerilan posted:

Silksong is just what happens when you play Hunting Horn in MH: Rise :v:

:hai:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Bust Rodd posted:

lmao at how many Hollow Knight fans ITT are themselves joyless husks devoid of light or humor

:sigh: bapa nada

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I’m waiting patiently for Hollow Knight: Silksong.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm playing Hollow Knight: Silksong right now.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Delete clientregistry.blob if it's not unlocking for you

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I didn't expect romance options or bug-loving but at least it was tasteful.

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?
remember when we thought this game was coming out? that was good

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

When it does come out, they better make their loading screen say "coming soon" for maximum lols.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

It already came out and it's great!

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

QuarkJets posted:

It already came out and it's great!
Ok but when does Hollow Knight 3: Dung-dirge come out

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Martman posted:

Ok but when does Hollow Knight 3: Dung-dirge come out

I heard that it comes out the same day as Half-Life 3

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

they changed direction massively in development and this is now an 18-rated dating sim named Silkschlong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

The last minute decision to scrap the platforming antics and release Silksong as an otome game was a controversial choice to be sure, but one that I’m convinced will pay off in terms of sales.