Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Getting my shot Friday and I'm gonna go see it in the theater just so I can quit thinking "goddamn, my last theater movie was Rise of Skywalker"

Now that you mention it, I can't even remember the last movie I saw in theaters. Maybe Knives Out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

Fast 9 is my guess.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Like, did you tell em your online username? How are they going to know?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

X-O posted:

This thread is now about guessing what movie you saw.

My guess is Free Guy.

Yeah, that was going to be my first guess too.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Vintersorg posted:

Like, did you tell em your online username? How are they going to know?

They probably scan around online for discussion and if they do, I'm not exactly anonymous.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Gavok posted:

They probably scan around online for discussion and if they do, I'm not exactly anonymous.

Would you say you're kind of a big deal? :v:

Last film i saw was Tenet, i had the benefit of subtitles so y'all might wanna give that a try in the states. But honestly the sound mixing was pretty ok from what I recall? I don't remember having issues with understanding the dialogue, subtitles notwithstanding

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

McCloud posted:

Would you say you're kind of a big deal? :v:

My mom thinks I'm cool.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The movie was The Dark Knight. Gavok just never realized it came out.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It was actually Venom 2 and he can’t talk about how the villain is actually Knull.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

JT Smiley posted:

Now that you mention it, I can't even remember the last movie I saw in theaters. Maybe Knives Out?

Mine was... wait, Harley Quinn and Birds of Prey. That's fine, I guess.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mine was Parasite. I’m fine with it being the last film I see in theaters for a long while.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
the big comic movie event of 2019 was the last film i saw in cinemas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAsx2D5YaVI

i know it was technically a 2018 release in France but the dub came out here in mid-2019 and that's the only way the joke works

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
The Gentlemen was a weird film to end on, but better than Star Wars 11 I guess

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Last one I saw was Sonic and I've lived the last year in constant fear that I'll die and it'll have been the last one I ever saw

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

Birds of Prey was the last film I saw and I really enjoyed it, probably the best DCEU film for me.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It was actually Venom 2 and he can’t talk about how the villain is actually Knull.

NO.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Absolutely not.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

The last movie I saw in theaters was 1917, so a decent movie to go out on.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Knives Out was a good way to go...out

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
Pretty sure for me it was Little Women. Which was good!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Birds of Prey as well for me. Actually it was the MHA movie but :ssh:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Mine was The Thing last March and it couldn’t have been a better way to go out.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I think my last film in the cinema was Bloodshot, just before COVID closed all the cinemas.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
My last two theater experiences were a Bride of Frankenstein/Bride of Chucky double feature one week and Transylvania 6-5000 the following week.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I don't go out to see a film very often, so I think my last theatregoing experience was Venom. You better believe I'm going to make the sequel my first post-COVID film. :spidey:

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I think my last film was Rise of Skywalker, that sucked.

I tried to go and see New Mutants, but the cinema I like is in the next town over and takes like an hour to get to. My train ended up getting cancelled when someone got hit by a train a little further down the tracks.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Karloff posted:

Birds of Prey was the last film I saw and I really enjoyed it, probably the best DCEU film for me.

:same: The place were I saw it was brand new and had an awesome sound system, so it was a blast.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
This video manages a pretty good, non-obnoxious defense of Man of Steel. IMO anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scO66BKoXQA

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Tenet was mine.

Even though I've been lucky enough to have the opportunity to see more recent things there just hasn't been anything I've wanted to see.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

X-posting

In other news, a Variety interview with Ray Fisher and Joe italian surname just dropped

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywoo...cial-type=owned

quote:

But didn’t a lot of stuff change?

Fisher: There was a lot of stuff that changed, to be completely honest with you. I had to go back and reshoot every single scene I was in. None of this stuff that you see in the theatrical cut with me, except for the Gotham City police rooftop scene with J.K. Simmons, [is original]. Everything else I had to reshoot.

Manganiello: Whoa.

Fisher: Yeah. There was so much that was lost, man. It’s crazy because if it weren’t happening in this way, we may not be able to see everything that Zack had originally planned. This [new] thing is four hours long.

quote:

People are wondering, what exactly happened?

Fisher: There were some things that did not happen to me that I bore witness to, that I can’t speak about right now. That’s for the people that it happened to, to speak about. You could tell very quickly that [Whedon] was very upset that people did not like Age of Ultron very much. This is what I gathered from the first conversation that I had with him. There was a bit of this sort of egotistical narcissism that ended up going into everything that he was trying to do.

You can see it in some of the scenes that were produced. Flash falling on Wonder Woman’s [chest] is something that he yanked out of Age of Ultron and just copy-pasted here. In my first conversation creatively with him, he kept accidentally calling “Diana” “Natasha,” which is crazy stuff. [Note: For the unfamiliar, the real name of Marvel’s Black Widow is Natasha, and DC's Wonder Woman is Diana.] This was in the conversation that they made me have with him prior to giving me the script. There was a lot of belittling on set. There was a lot of mocking, both of previous work and of actors and people.

What do you mean? [Note: Throughout V.F.’s reporting on this project, Whedon’s representatives have repeatedly declined to comment.]

Fisher: He compared me at one point to Robert Downey Jr. And said, “Listen, I don’t like to take notes from anybody, not even Robert Downey Jr.” And I said, “Well, okay. Be that as it may…”

Big yikes at the Whedon stuff. For a man with such a mediocre output the guy had a gargantuan ego. There's also a nice contrast with how they describe Zack as inclusive and sharing, "like night and day". It also goes in to some detail about Joes involvement in the solo batman film

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I saw Tenet and Freaky mid-pandemic but both times I found completely empty showings where I was the only person in there, so that was okay.

I'm glad I saw Tenet that way because it's a giant mess of a movie but it sure is a loving spectacle about it. It's like Avatar, anything short of 20 foot tall Dolby screens robs it of its one redeeming value.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I think Freaky was the last thing I saw and it ruled.

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

Big Mean Jerk posted:

My last two theater experiences were a Bride of Frankenstein/Bride of Chucky double feature one week and Transylvania 6-5000 the following week.

This wins it.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
I had to take a really long flight today for work and one of the in flight movie options was The New Mutants. I’ve avoided watching the movie so far because I’ve heard how bad it is but I figured gently caress-it, might as well.

Holy poo poo, I underestimated how incredibly mediocre that movie could be most of the time and outright bad at other times. No character has anything resembling a voice except Magik and her voice is racist mean girl. It’s truly impressive that a movie that spent most of its time focusing on feelings and trauma of the characters established little to no characterization of them. Even though I just watched it an hour ago I couldn’t tell you one line Sunspot said or any of his characteristics from the movie.

What a terrible conclusion to the Fox X-men movies. While they weren’t always great, they definitely had defined characters most of the time. New Mutants was like a child retelling the movie they watched the next day.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

lmfaoing forever at Whedon regularly mixing up Natasha and Diana.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Dianatasha

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Whedon sucks so much. I hope he's done for good.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I just saw a videos the Ultron/JL comparison and that article just ties it all together. God drat what a loving child.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I just saw a videos the Ultron/JL comparison and that article just ties it all together. God drat what a loving child.
They hated it once, but surely this time...

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

SlimGoodbody posted:

I saw TENET at my local drive in, which is a halfway decent spot but obviously nowhere near the luxury of the plush recliner seats with rumble and cocktails and real food type situation normally available in upscale theaters. My wife and I got drunk and stoned in the back of our car and had absolutely no idea what the gently caress was going on. It was great.

how did you get home