Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

a Loving Dog posted:

would absolutely love to see this picture through the They Live glasses

I've got your back, comrade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Jay-V posted:

a much smarter take is that the comic is overused now as a meme, but when you got the biden admin doing poo poo like this, it's just a slam dunk

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1369386260964532225

google image search "yemeni child" to see exactly who he's threatening

THS
Sep 15, 2017

why dont we store the migrant children in yucca mountain

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

THS posted:

yucca mountain plan was abandoned

thanks obama

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

THS posted:

Flag on the moon

How did it get there?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Tom Guycot posted:

I mean, isn't that where we are now? I'm not trying to be smart with you, but, they've had that purge for decades, and its still ongoing. The couple of "progressives" in the party, have no power, and cheer on everything the party does and votes for it without questions, while the party tries to purge them in the primaries anyways.

I mean I don't see how it would be any different.

Well Cuomo is still getting attacked for assaulting women so clearly the purging of the party isn’t as complete as they’d like yet.

But the difference is making open what has been previously only backroom purges. So blaming 2022 on the the left, like something along the lines of claiming the Nevada DSA scaring voters in Ohio and Texas and using that to justify a DNC rule against DSA members running for party leadership.

What will change is that if the left are declared open enemies rather than the current status as petulant children what does that do for our political dynamics?

Will the Dems feel even obligated to pretend to do anything if they can openly blame the left? Will AOC still sheepdog when she’s forced to resign over doing a no-growth? Will the DSA and other previously dem allied orgs realize electoralism is a fixed game or will they just try to normalize to this new reality and blockwalk for Kamala 2028?

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

Do homophobic women fantasize about loving gay men straight?

As a homophobic woman,

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

mad.radhu posted:

google image search "yemeni child" to see exactly who he's threatening
I did this and now I'm sad

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
It's worth noting that Cuomo's office has a direct line you can call if you're having issues with benefits/unemployment/etc., and they transfer you to a live human being so you don't have to wait on hold for hours with the main phone number

His staffers stopped answering the phone like 2 weeks ago, lol

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Dixon Chisholm posted:

As a homophobic woman,

we’re going to get in trouble if yall keep posting quotes from there

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

emgeejay posted:

I did this and now I'm sad

this is the american project

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Trabisnikof posted:

Well Cuomo is still getting attacked for assaulting women so clearly the purging of the party isn’t as complete as they’d like yet.

But the difference is making open what has been previously only backroom purges. So blaming 2022 on the the left, like something along the lines of claiming the Nevada DSA scaring voters in Ohio and Texas and using that to justify a DNC rule against DSA members running for party leadership.

What will change is that if the left are declared open enemies rather than the current status as petulant children what does that do for our political dynamics?

Will the Dems feel even obligated to pretend to do anything if they can openly blame the left? Will AOC still sheepdog when she’s forced to resign over doing a no-growth? Will the DSA and other previously dem allied orgs realize electoralism is a fixed game or will they just try to normalize to this new reality and blockwalk for Kamala 2028?

I don't really see how they can go any harder and more mask off though, their whole point as a party is to be mask on and keep people to the left on the hook. The democrats with the mask off is just another GOP and then they have to worry about that left energy flowing other places.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/AnemoneAndMe/status/1369859420574740484?s=20
what

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Jay-V posted:

a much smarter take is that the comic is overused now as a meme, but when you got the biden admin doing poo poo like this, it's just a slam dunk

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1369386260964532225

that entire substack post is a just an incredibly word salad way of saying "i don't like this" and a long winded railing against the idea of satire

lol of all the things to die on hill for

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

yellowcar posted:

that entire substack post is a just an incredibly word salad way of saying "i don't like this" and a long winded railing against the idea of satire

the intelligentsia, ladies and gentlement!

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

the only "testimony manufacturing" done is being done by libs on behalf of their victims to justify their "just, woke, and humane" interventionalism

the comic pointing that out isn't the problem lol

god that author is such a scold

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

It's like they are trying to conflate their argument with things like kristen cinnabon hiding behind anti-misogyny idpol to do fundamentally anti-feminist things, but really the only way to interpret that comment is "i don't understand the joke"

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

turns out, trigger warnings in academia really did lead to students framing discussion of any difficult subject in literally any context as a microaggression, and the people yelling about it in 2010 were right

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

Adjectivist Philosophy posted:

It's like they are trying to conflate their argument with things like kristen cinnabon hiding behind anti-misogyny idpol to do fundamentally anti-feminist things, but really the only way to interpret that comment is "i don't understand the joke"

yellowcar posted:

satire requires a clarity of purpose and target because if im the butt of the joke its unwoke and bad and violence against me

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Trabisnikof posted:

we’re going to get in trouble if yall keep posting quotes from there

Don't worry. This was a pm.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Micro white guilt lmfao

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
liberalism is a desire above all else to never feel uncomfortable

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/bJpmEie.mp4

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
the substack's article's main point is that the comic is making such an obvious point about the uselessness of diversifying horrible institutions that it needn't be posted at all. on the other hand, *gestures at virtually all of popular liberal feminist discourse whose political horizon is increased gender diversity within the system rather than a transformation of it*

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

Malleum posted:

The ultimate Centerist position, where they value their emotional comfort over everything else.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Finicums Wake posted:

the substack's article's main point is that the comic is making such an obvious point about the uselessness of diversifying horrible institutions that it needn't be posted at all. on the other hand, *gestures at virtually all of popular liberal feminist discourse whose political horizon is increased gender diversity within the system rather than a transformation of it*

yeah, I mean, biden's tweet about what the leaders of the US military look like is literally that comic writ large and unironic. but scolds gotta scold if someone has the temerity to make them slightly perturbed

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
nevada shithead jon ralston is having some very normal reactions

https://twitter.com/RalstonReports/status/1370131033341927426

https://twitter.com/RalstonReports/status/1370133529049264128

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Finicums Wake posted:

It'd be nice to live in the fantasy world where this is true.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1370062876254339072

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Can't wait for my check to be deposited in exactly 1 hour. I like this guy more and more!

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

Homeless Friend posted:

Micro white guilt lmfao

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
the libs are back at it again with the 1400+600 poo poo and screaming at everyone to be grateful for the not-nearly-enough they're getting and it is not cool and good

i hate these condescending bootlicking freaks with every fiber of my being

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Malleum posted:

this is what makes their obsession with trump so funny, they could have just logged off but they did this to themselves

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Tom Guycot posted:

I don't really see how they can go any harder and more mask off though, their whole point as a party is to be mask on and keep people to the left on the hook. The democrats with the mask off is just another GOP and then they have to worry about that left energy flowing other places.

oh there are many ways for them to be more mask off.

And the transition to blue maga allows them to do it. Their supporters don’t care about reality anymore, they just need their sweet sweet talking points/rationales. They want to stay on the hook.

From the Dem establishment perspective there is nowhere for the left to go to seize power except in the Democratic Party, so if you make that even more impossible there’s only reduced risk of leftwing electoral empowerment.

Like climate change, will the DNC takeaway from 2022 be “we need to focus more on climate” of course not, it will be about how we need to do more to prove the Dems love fracking and coal. But like you’re saying, they’re already pro-fracking and coal on a policy level, so they have to performatively take the mask off and punish climate activists somehow to prove their bona fides.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

it's all about coasting on talking about the problems but never actually doing anything about them

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/katieglueck/status/1370144470784675842?s=20

i guess enuff women have stepped forward

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Holy poo poo did we reach n+1

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Mirthless posted:

turns out, trigger warnings in academia really did lead to students framing discussion of any difficult subject in literally any context as a microaggression, and the people yelling about it in 2010 were right

Nobody could have seen this coming.

The backlash is going to be fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

https://twitter.com/Katy_Patriot/status/1370147223468716032?s=20