Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

SG: "Hey Logan, remember that time we... oh right, we're not talking about that."

pokchu posted:

Silver surfer extoling the virtues of humanity while committing war crimes

I DO THIS OUT OF COMPASSION

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

I remember playing every one of these except Vision - absolutely no memory of Vision's gameplay

Oh, wait, his assets were in the client, so they just had to enable them, right?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Vision was great. He had a density toggle between light and heavy that altered his melee attacks and travel power, and he had an entire tree dedicated to spreading fires absolutely every loving where.
Going super dense mode then just running through midtown with mooks bouncing off you like a mini juggernaut before unleashing the power of the sun on Moleman and the server.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I remember playing Vision but I also remember it not being any fun. You had lovely lasers, punches that felt like they had a negative-range hitbox, and some weird robot-mind-control that was either build-definingly strong or absolute trash at a given moment. Also he looked dumb (but that's true to the character I guess).

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

actually vision was good because he could use the best arpg mechanic, Beam Weaving

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

MMAgCh posted:

<picks up the Eye of Agamotto> "It's no Eye of Agamotto, but it will suffice."

:shrug:

"By the all-seeing eye of a tomato"

Quill
Jan 19, 2004
Visions solar beam build rivaled Cyclops and Storm in ranged AoE damage. I think the main problem was that his animations were nowhere near as flashy.

At least he got the AI Hack skill for turning any robotic enemy into a minion. That one had some... interesting applications.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

How can you guys be talking about the best lines in the game and not mention "More like Scarlet B- oh hey Wanda I didn't see you there."

WandaVision spoiler:
When Agatha said "that makes you the Scarlet Witch" all I could think was "more like Scarlet B-"

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Vision was awkward to play but he could do the damage to back it up. My main issue was always that part of it required lasering a straight line and then hoping whatever boss you were fighting was polite enough to stand in the fire instead of just loving off across the screen like every single boss that wasn't a giant raid boss did (who were already outside the geometry that the fire could exist in).

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

I always loled when you're floating in the air and ripping the very fabric of reality apart as Scarlet Witch and some New York gangster with a tommy gun says "I ain't afraid of you!" and immediately gets vaporized.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Thunder Sheep posted:

So a lot of you already know this, but we recently tried to buff the splinter drop rate on the *ahem* and that resulted in eternity splinters dropping virtually never. (I admire everyone's commitment to making this experience as Gaz-like as possible) Looks like the only way to increase splinter drops is through, unsurprisingly, some sort of buff to your character.

To help some of the newer players while we get this figured out, I threw together this tier list so you have an idea who to prioritize while splinters are scarce.

Splinters should be fixed around the time we get Moleman to start spawning again. In the meantime enjoy our extended WandaVision event and make sure you grab your free 1950s Black and White Scarlet Witch or Vision costume!

Why is this tier list for so triggering, want to click that disagree so hard

I don't even remember Black Bolt being playable though

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

McSpanky posted:

"YE BE QUALIFYIN' FOR CABIN BOY NOW" has been indelibly seared into my brainmeats.

Next Deadpool movie needs to be pirate Deadpool.

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth

Shine posted:

PM me.

e: The number of PMs I'm getting are legit making me feel bad, so: joke's over, no private server, sorry!!!!!

close this awful honeypot of a thread already you monster, or at least rebrand it as the ARPGS-that-aren't-PoE thread

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i have one more invite available

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

this thread should only be closed when the game comes back.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

This thread should never be closed.

The City Of Heroes thread existed for years after the game was shut down, and now there're private servers for it.

This game deserves the same.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
okay invite taken, congrats lucky person

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

baby wolferine lives

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
The city of heroes ppl posted so hard in their thread that the game had no choice but to come back. I am sure the same will happen here.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Victis posted:

I don't even remember Black Bolt being playable though

He was either the last or second last hero to be released. I know him and Nick Fury are the only two that I didn't play to 60.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I played absolutely everyone to 60 except Carnage who I don't remember being playable at all, so he must've come out after the console crap got backported into the PC version and ruined the game.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
I just bookmarked this dead thread because I miss the game so much.

Someone get a job at Trion and see if they have the server code somewhere and smuggle it out. I bet those fuckers have a server running and play this game in the office after working all day on their own terrible games.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

McSpanky posted:

I played absolutely everyone to 60 except Carnage who I don't remember being playable at all, so he must've come out after the console crap got backported into the PC version and ruined the game.

Carnage was a Venom skin.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Not literally though or he'd be a higher tier.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

Wifi Toilet posted:

I just bookmarked this dead thread because I miss the game so much.

Someone get a job at Trion and see if they have the server code somewhere and smuggle it out. I bet those fuckers have a server running and play this game in the office after working all day on their own terrible games.

My guess is the problem isn't trion, its disney, sadly. And they have vicious copyright lawyers :(

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Jedit posted:

Carnage was a Venom skin.

Utterly unsurprising. I do remember he was a sidekick before that, putting him in the rarefied tier of heroes who could team up with themselves.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Protagorean posted:

close this awful honeypot of a thread already you monster, or at least rebrand it as the ARPGS-that-aren't-PoE thread

gently caress that, I love having this thread still around as a memorial for the best worst game.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Sometimes, I miss using Punisher and all the stupid loot explosions and all the actually pretty funny lines and how this was both the dumbest loving game and the greatest for goofing around.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

A Bystander posted:

Sometimes, I miss using Punisher and all the stupid loot explosions and all the actually pretty funny lines and how this was both the dumbest loving game and the greatest for goofing around.

I liked the playstyle of Punisher but I also really loved the concept of a guy just grabbing guns at random from a huge pile and firing them once

Fires a rocket launcher, tosses it, grabs a sniper rifle, shoots once, tosses it, throws a grenade, grabs an assault rifle and magdumps, throws aside and grabs the launcher again

(No i dont remember the real rotation and I havent gotten my invite to the private server yet)

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Fires a rocket launcher, tosses it, grabs a sniper rifle, shoots once, tosses it, throws a grenade, grabs an assault rifle and magdumps, throws aside and grabs the launcher again

He also had the automatic shotgun, flamethrower, submachine gun, flashbang, minigun, mininuke, nerve gas canister and a combat knife. Plus the immortal battle van.

Punisher also got several really nice costumes, including the Rachel Cole Alves one with special voicework.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
He had a revolver too, that worked really well with the reload mechanic.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004
Oh that's right! The magnum had a crazy good critical buff on it.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I had him built around crits/brutals and the revolver was like “wow where did all that health bar go?” Most of the time.

Plus I had some cosmetic that made balloons come out of enemies when I brutal’d them.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Punisher made reloading fun and interesting, in a Diablo-like. Miracles.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Quill posted:

He also had the automatic shotgun, flamethrower, submachine gun, flashbang, minigun, mininuke, nerve gas canister and a combat knife. Plus the immortal battle van.

Punisher also got several really nice costumes, including the Rachel Cole Alves one with special voicework.

Thats the costume I always used, hell yeh

I forgot about the revolver

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
I do miss those big ol' tournaments where people cleared a level as fast as possible, even if I never participated in any. It was nice being able to hang out with great people, too.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

mape

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

we musp raiding tonight lads