Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Spergin Morlock posted:

that facility is to communicate with spy satellites. very difficult for adversaries to do sigint collection via ocean or air

thats cool i figured it was like a uranium mine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

cagliostr0 posted:

Aside from the government did all of them and blamed patsies is there a link between OKC and the Boston bombing.

they both involved the fbi murdering someone in custody

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

sonatinas posted:

uh this was in Portland but a few aggressive people barged in my office to sell their paintings for office art

were they krishnas? i had one of them aggressively try to sell me jewelry in a walgreens once before the employees threw him out

nut
Jul 30, 2019

sonatinas posted:

uh this was in Portland but a few aggressive people barged in my office to sell their paintings for office art

yeah it sounds like this is the common experience, between that and people also seeing the same paintings being sold in kiosks in malls

Spergin Morlock posted:

when sammy the bull was in witness protection in scottsdale AZ he was also running the largest ecstasy ring in the country and his suppliers were israeli gangsters

afaik israel is the world's biggest supplier of ecstasy. There's a current push there to introduce ecstasy into therapeutic practice.

I don't remember the details, but Robbie Martin points out that the largest phonecall registry company used in the US, including I think in most govt institutions, is Anatel, which is an Israeli company. If I remember, it's just a company that records where calls are dialed from and to and there have been accusations of Mossad using a backdoor in the system for intelligence gathering.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Spergin Morlock posted:

were they krishnas? i had one of them aggressively try to sell me jewelry in a walgreens once before the employees threw him out

nah they were dressed in normal clothes, we were really busy and my boss stood up and yelled at them to gtfo.
I don’t think they even knocked.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
The type of intellectuals who invoke Occam's Razor all the time are susceptible to dismissing any irregularity as merely having a simpler explanation. This amounts to a huge exploitable vulnerability.

It means anyone else who has the means to do so can commit a crime from on high, do the coverup, and then make sure the media coverage of the coverup provides a "simpler" explanation that Occam's razors their own role away. Occam's Razor is a high-class criminal's best friend.

The Israeli Art Students incident appears to be an example of a distributed intelligence industry technique, that is akin to hiding a needle within a haystack. The 9/11 hijackers and others getting their hands dirty had to be monitored by someone, so as to make sure they wouldn't defect or screw up. It looks a lot better if the ones monitoring appear to be part of a much huger network that's doing "???" whereas their co-location with the hijackers in one place seems to be merely coincidence.

The entire larger network is set up in the first place as a red herring to make the smaller network less conspicuous. It defies Occam's razor but that's the point, and I've seen this pattern repeated elsewhere in history. The harassment of the DEA was a red herring to give the wider network something to do, who were not on a "need to know" basis about the smaller network's existence. My guess is that the home office picked the DEA out of convenience since they were already in the US drug trade and had done the research.

9/11 was a concoction of mainly US and Saudi officials, but I had posted this about Isreali intelligence's job during it:

Happy Thread posted:

(...)

Israeli Intelligence / Mossad would have had fewer patriotic compunctions about keeping quiet than Americans if they learned of an illegal attack on US soil than US officials would, if any non-conspirators found out. So, Israel was the ideal party to contract out to as handlers for the eventual perpetrators. To do so, they needed to quickly assemble a huge spy network in the US (which became the early-2001 scandal of the ubiquitous Israeli "art students") out of their pre-existing organized crime networks for Ecstasy distribution. The network would primarily attack DEA and other government facilities. This giant and conspicuous spying activity would be cover for a much smaller spy network, one that would tail the hijackers and serve as their handlers. Despite great internal resistance, various independent DEA and other officials assembled reports on it and leaked them while trying to get to the bottom of a perceived foreign spy threat.

Meanwhile, law enforcement in the US was necessarily kept out of the "actual crime" loop but was probably purposefully tipped off to parts of the plan so that they could be on the case too. The FBI and others would need to genuinely believe they were pursuing some foreign terror threat, but their real purpose to the primary plotters (a small subset of the CIA, Fmr. CIA head Bush Sr and a few agents and officials including foreign) would be simply as a backup to watch the plot in case a mistake happens or in case the Israeli government decided to betray or blackmail us. You have to keep your dirty shell companies honest with a constant gun to their head so they don't sell you out when you give them very easy means to do so.

Does anyone have the original article (I think from Spring 2001?) about the art students scandal? It got removed after 9/11. Someone linked it from the internet archive earlier and it was quite good.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Really sad story breaking here about a young woman who has likely been murdered by a met cop, a diplomatic officer no less. I'm not suggesting conspiracy per se this point, this is more relating to general, ambient sense of corruption exemplified by some of the stuff we talk about.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/mar/10/human-remains-found-in-the-search-for-missing-london-woman-sarah-everard

They are actually searching several sites too, which is horrifying, and it seems this pig had an accomplice who has also been arrested.

Met police are off the scale horrible. From the other year:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-53198702

quote:

The mother of two sisters murdered in a park said her grief had "been taken to another place" after two officers were suspended amid allegations they took selfies next to their bodies.

Nicole Smallman and Bibaa Henry were stabbed to death at a park in Wembley earlier this month.

Mina Smallman has complained about the Met's initial response - saying she had to organise a search for her daughters.

No-one has been charged with the murders.

Speaking to the BBC, Mrs Smallman, the former Archdeacon of Southend, said the pictures "dehumanised" her children.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
so this happened lol
https://twitter.com/_TheCoolTwin/status/1369828977217576961

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Those Qanon fellas are going to have to pack it up now

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
Is that the new 'help I just escaped from Kevin Spaceys basement'

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Well the first half is true

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm annoyed they didn't depict epstein kneeling, as the preposterous official story said he did

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Should have showed trump eating the kid instead of obama imo

cowards who are afraid to actually spread the truth

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Brought to you by the manbearpig dipshits

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

paul_soccer12 posted:

Brought to you by the manbearpig dipshits

they did an episode where manbearpig was real and killing everyone and all the characters had to apologize to al gore lol

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

proudly defending the uninhabitable wasteland that comprises australia's center of mass.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pine_Gap

quote:

Pine Gap is the commonly used name for a US satellite surveillance base and Australian Earth station approximately 18 kilometres (11 mi) south-west of the town of Alice Springs, Northern Territory in the centre of Australia which is jointly operated by Australia and the United States. Since 1988, it has been officially called the Joint Defence Facility Pine Gap (JDFPG); previously, it was known as Joint Defence Space Research Facility.[1]

Pine Gap is featured in the 2018 Australian television series Pine Gap of the same name. The series is a political thriller, portraying the lives of the members of the joint American–Australian intelligence team.

In The Secret History of Twin Peaks by Mark Frost, President Richard Nixon claims that Pine Gap is actually the site of an underground facility constructed by extraterrestrials.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

the potential closing of pine gap may have resulted in the US calling Kerr to dismiss Whitlam? lmao.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
john pilger got an article about it: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/oct/23/gough-whitlam-1975-coup-ended-australian-independence

also a whole documentary: http://johnpilger.com/videos/the-last-dream-other-peoples-wars

he thinks it wasn't just pine gap but a whole host of things including our involvement in vietnam

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Fried Watermelon posted:

Should have showed trump eating the kid instead of obama imo

cowards who are afraid to actually spread the truth

South Park feels like it's part of the disinformation machine. Legit concerns? Make it over the top dumb to diffuse the problem.

I feel like Seth Mcfarlane would be more likely to spread the truth.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

pfff Seth “yeah I was hungover and missed being on American air 11 totally by accident” macfarlane?

real truth comin from that guy

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

I mean, he actually is more likely to know what's going on behind the scenes. At least in Hollyweird. Weinstein, e.g.

So... what's his connection to Epstein/intel?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Backweb posted:

South Park feels like it's part of the disinformation machine. Legit concerns? Make it over the top dumb to diffuse the problem.

I feel like Seth Mcfarlane would be more likely to spread the truth.

South Park devoted a bunch of time to promoting Saddam as enemy #1.

I wouldn't call it propaganda but Matt and Trey are probably credulous idiots.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

they r libertarians

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Backweb posted:

I mean, he actually is more likely to know what's going on behind the scenes. At least in Hollyweird. Weinstein, e.g.

So... what's his connection to Epstein/intel?

the school where his parents both worked and where he graduated has a history of suppressing child abuse. their new head just stepped down from another prep school with deep histories of child abuse as well. a head of mi6 and a Nixon/gw flunkie both went there :shrug:

sorry, the head of mi6 from 99-04. his parents were too young to have overlapped with him though

theflyingexecutive has issued a correction as of 04:47 on Mar 12, 2021

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

South Park devoted a bunch of time to promoting Saddam as enemy #1.

I wouldn't call it propaganda but Matt and Trey are probably credulous idiots.

nut posted:

they r libertarians

I feel like that whole south park style of nihilistic humor really lends itself to an implicit defense of the status quo. Oh man things are hosed up! Haha crazy man

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
That video should have had a content warning. Anyway, they're doing the thing the state always convinces media orgs to do, release misdirection to make the people who point out real crimes committed by governments look like fools. Come to think of it their NSA episode had a similar vibe. Maybe it's always been that way with everything from Matt and Trey. When have they ever contradicted the position of US security interests?

It's clearly more than just them latching onto some previously existing misdirection campaign (QAnon) precisely because it's so graphic. It has the same exaggerated signature as the intelligence front Falun Gong's graphic flyers about how abusive the CCP is, which really must all just be projection of methods that US spy orgs know all to well because they themselves bring them into every country.... kidnapping, rape as torture, extreme violence, etc. The unusual degree of depravity and cruelty depicted is the giveaway

Happy Thread has issued a correction as of 08:44 on Mar 12, 2021

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Happy Thread posted:

That video should have had a content warning. Also, they're doing the thing the state always convinces media orgs to do, release misdirection to make the people who point out real crimes committed by governments look like fools. Come to think of it their NSA episode had a similar vibe. Maybe it's always been that way with everything from Matt and Trey. When have they ever contradicted the position of US security interests?

I can tell it's more than just them latching onto some previously existing misdirection campaign (QAnon) precisely because it's so graphic. It has the same exaggerated signature as the intelligence front Falun Gong's graphic flyers about how abusive the CCP is, which really must all just be projection of methods that US spy orgs know all to well because they themselves bring them into every country.... kidnapping, rape as torture, extreme violence, etc. The unusual degree of depravity and cruelty depicted is the giveaway

Mitrioni delenda est

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

I feel like South Park got consistently bad after the Scientology and the child rape episode(s).
Hmm...

It's probably just due to the show getting old, running out of content, needing to end, and being too successful for its own good, but the drop in quality coincided with their shift to current events and drifting into conspiracy territory (lampooning it or misdirecting things).

Anyway, it would have been funny if when talking about Epstein hanging himself they showed him getting strangled or boarding a jet... you know, comedy.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It is stupid that the South Park parody of a Q pilled Youtube video uses an incorrect but more realistic Epstein death for some reason.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

lol if those two become lib heroes now.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Backweb posted:

Anyway, it would have been funny if when talking about Epstein hanging himself they showed him getting strangled or boarding a jet... you know, comedy.

Right, where the gently caress did the comedy go? That's another hallmark of intelligence disruption OPs I think, the total humorlessness of it. Naked cruelty becomes sort of invisible to someone who is used to an organization of sociopaths. It's like when the doxxing site KF members post/troll on SA, they make no attempt to masquerade abusiveness as friendly ribbing. So it stands out too much from other interactions to be passable. There's not a hint of lightheartedness or humor during an operation. It's a symptom of wearing a mask that one can't wait to get off, for infiltration purposes only, contempt visibly dripping out from behind it. It simply doesn't work to just joke through veiled hatred.

Happy Thread has issued a correction as of 08:26 on Mar 12, 2021

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

All these thirty year old cartoons that are somehow still running are just that funny.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Check out The Simpsons takedown of Trump for a bad time.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
From today's news

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/03/10/panda-express-california-worker-lawsuit/

quote:

The Panda Express cashier had already been forced to strip to her underwear in front of her fellow staff during a “self-improvement” seminar in 2019, she said, and told to open up to the group about her vulnerabilities.

But when a male colleague broke down crying while trying to do the same, the session’s leaders ordered her to go one step further: She had to “hug it out” with him, both of them still undressed, as others filmed her or ogled at her body, the 23-year-old employee in California said.

That was just part of a bizarre, psychologically abusive four-day seminar that “more and more resembled a cult initiation ritual as time went on,” according to a lawsuit she filed last month against the fast-food chain in Los Angeles County Superior Court.

The cashier, whom The Post is not naming as a victim of alleged sexual assault, was less than three years into her job at a Panda Express location in Santa Clarita, Calif., when she learned about the training run by Alive Seminars, the lawsuit said. Her manager told her that she would be considered for a promotion at the fast-food chain only if she signed up for the class.

So she did, using her own free time to attend the seminar and borrowing hundreds of dollars from relatives to pay for the training out of her own pocket, Ramirez told The Post. At the time, she earned an hourly wage of $11.35.

But on the first day of this session — which had been exclusively attended by Panda Express employees — she allegedly found herself stripped of her cellphone, trapped in a room with blacked-out windows, and loudly berated by a seminar leader who told her and others that they amount to “nothing.”

“The atmosphere resembled less a self-improvement seminar than a site for off-the-books interrogation of terrorist suspects,” the lawsuit said, comparing the overall effect to “that of a particularly nasty drill sergeant.”

So this is obviously some intelligence thing. Same pattern as what the church of Synanon did under the guise of drug addiction treatment... perfected even further since the 1970s intelligence front shared its findings. Get a captive audience in a room, make them feel vulnerable, and have a group take turns abusing each person, with letter agency funding. Also same thing as that psych "study" that traumatized the Unabomber.

Since there was historically so much emphasis on funding psych research, I always assumed the goal was to discover how to create sociopaths from normal individuals. Those seem to be the types of people most recruitable, most willing to do the work of intelligence. The therapy sessions of Synanon seemed to be practice sessions for honing ones willingness to commit abuse, perhaps into eventual sociopathy. But this Panda Express thing is clearly not aiming to do some small research on a group -- they're casting a much wider net, involving any random employee who wants a promotion. It seems more like a talent search.

Perhaps the goal isn't always to create sociopaths, but to instead find them where they are. How else would you mass spam recruitment efforts to sociopaths only? Can't ask them or the therapists. Neither would reveal it. No, you create these like summer camps where you play these games of abuse designed specifically to reveal who the willing sociopaths are, and then extend recruitment efforts to those test subjects only.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

We have a process of creating sociopaths it's called nofap.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Happy Thread posted:

From today's news

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/03/10/panda-express-california-worker-lawsuit/

So this is obviously some intelligence thing. Same pattern as what the church of Synanon did under the guise of drug addiction treatment... perfected even further since the 1970s intelligence front shared its findings. Get a captive audience in a room, make them feel vulnerable, and have a group take turns abusing each person, with letter agency funding. Also same thing as that psych "study" that traumatized the Unabomber.

Since there was historically so much emphasis on funding psych research, I always assumed the goal was to discover how to create sociopaths from normal individuals. Those seem to be the types of people most recruitable, most willing to do the work of intelligence. The therapy sessions of Synanon seemed to be practice sessions for honing ones willingness to commit abuse, perhaps into eventual sociopathy. But this Panda Express thing is clearly not aiming to do some small research on a group -- they're casting a much wider net, involving any random employee who wants a promotion. It seems more like a talent search.

Perhaps the goal isn't always to create sociopaths, but to instead find them where they are. How else would you mass spam recruitment efforts to sociopaths only? Can't ask them or the therapists. Neither would reveal it. No, you create these like summer camps where you play these games of abuse designed specifically to reveal who the willing sociopaths are, and then extend recruitment efforts to those test subjects only.

seems more like some self-improvey-cult-flunkies used their new found skills to start a "self improvement" consulting scam and got in deep with panda express executives

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

https://twitter.com/lmcgaughy/status/1370371240419020802

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

dont CI's lie well enough on their own?

nut
Jul 30, 2019

"The Texas Rangers are among the most prolific hypnotists in the state, The News found, performing at least 1,700 hypnosis sessions since the 1980s."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

:psyduck: