Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

RE: Deus Ex chat

https://twitter.com/girlmeat5557/status/1368513250304942081?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

FirstAidKite posted:

I've only listened to a couple of their albums I enjoyed them. I'm the operator of my pocket calculator.
Also I like how there's that one anime Witch Craft Works that just references Kraftwerk album covers for their soundtrack covers.

This is amazing

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Walla posted:

Are you out there?

I've been spending too much brain power focusing on the toxic media of my youth, especially things like Looney Toons and Bill Cosby. It's not fun.

Everything about bill cosby just reminds me of the cosby show episode where he has the bbq sauce that makes everyone loosen up and get all loveydovey and in the mood and yeaaaaaaah that has especially not aged well.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I haven't been able to use my PS4 for 3 weeks because my ISP assigned me a banned IP. Sony says tough poo poo, my ISP says tough poo poo. I've called in multiple times before and was on the phone today for 3 hours with no progress.

:capitalism:

This is why I'm a PC gamer

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

I haven't been able to use my PS4 for 3 weeks because my ISP assigned me a banned IP. Sony says tough poo poo, my ISP says tough poo poo. I've called in multiple times before and was on the phone today for 3 hours with no progress.

:capitalism:

This is why I'm a PC gamer

I.... knew this was technically a possibility, but had no idea it was something that really would happen in practice. :stare:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I had a real good pizza for dinner and now I have to decide whether to continue Origami King, Loop Hero, Persona 5 Strikers, The Council, or now Doom 64

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I said come in! posted:

I.... knew this was technically a possibility, but had no idea it was something that really would happen in practice. :stare:

I can't even cancel my PS+ sub so I'm paying for something they aren't providing me.

Fortunately I can use my cellphone data and log in and cancel my sub, but Jesus. Worst customer service experience of my life.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

I said come in! posted:

I managed to ban myself when I was scanning PSN for title IDs with a plan to download all patches for safe keeping. Don't remember if it went away after a while or my ISP gave me a new IP, though.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Zaphod42 posted:

I think I know someone who could help out with stuff like this

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

missing the joke here

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Zaphod42 posted:

missing the joke here

Uh, strong critic of tech companies, claimed they "eroded human dignity and freedom"

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wuggles posted:

What does the thread feel about River City Girls? It came out around the same time as SOR4 and also looked good

A+ presentation, gameplay is about typical, a bit short.

wuggles posted:

This looks rad but I have never heard of any of these games

What is this (don't say SOTN)

I could've sworn it was an rpg or strategy game

Looper posted:

some observations about sonic chronicles: the dark brotherhood, in no particular order:

-there are about 15-20 seconds of silence between loops in the background music. i knew going in that there'd been issues with the music but not to that extent
-lots of stock sound effects evocative of humongous entertainment pc games
-this is the second sonic game on the ds to crib gameplay from elite beat agents/ouendan
-your healing moves can miss if you flub the qte
-the game tells you turn order for your party but not for the enemies
-the stats named Attack and Defense are actually for accuracy and evasion. relatedly, attacks miss frequently
-enemies will sometimes try to run away and you then play an auto-runner minigame. if they do escape then you don't get anything, even from enemies you defeated
-enemies scale with your level but their rewards do not appear to
-dialogue options let you decide whether to be polite goodboy sonic or snarky rudeboy sonic
-
-Visit our community website at https://sonic.bioware.com!

my only goal is to be as nice to amy rose as possible

That game has legitimately one of the worst soundtracks I have ever heard

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Mar 12, 2021

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

homeless snail posted:

they should make a slayers moba

It's called dota 2 starring Lina Inverse

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

America has a real pension for producing math prodigies that then go on to be "better known for other work" huh

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hatty posted:

Is Atelier horny now?

I say without a shred of doubt the reason Ryza is the best selling atelier game is ryza's thighs.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Acerbatus posted:

I say without a shred of doubt the reason Ryza is the best selling atelier game is ryza's thighs.

I saw that this chat went on for like a full page after I went to sleep and so here's the original video I saw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWQYCYW5HA8

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Acerbatus posted:

That game has legitimately one of the worst soundtracks I have ever heard

They had a real soundtrack all ready to be made, but for unspecified legal reasons were forced to take it out late in development so they had to literally just download a bunch of Sonic MIDIs from the internet and shove them into the game.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

They had a real soundtrack all ready to be made, but for unspecified legal reasons were forced to take it out late in development so they had to literally just download a bunch of Sonic MIDIs from the internet and shove them into the game.

yes lmao that is my absolute favorite piece of bioware trivia, but it goes even farther than that! Because of the time problems they had to use an incomplete custom soundfont so some of the songs are straight up missing instruments.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Sonic Chronicles is also partly responsible for the big continuity reboot that happened in the Archie comics, because it was one of the things in Penders' craw when he was suing for his characters.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
DQ11 IS SO FREAKING GOOD

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Uh, strong critic of tech companies, claimed they "eroded human dignity and freedom"

I couldn't give a poo poo about human dignity I just wanna play ps4

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

That's a hell of a thumbnail

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/1370259497550241792

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Simone Magus posted:

DQ11 IS SO FREAKING GOOD

heck yes

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I would like work to be over so I can get home and play some video games.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

VideoGames posted:

:same:

I want to go hunting treasure in Wind Waker but I have spreadsheets to review :smithicide:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Convex posted:

:same:

I want to go hunting treasure in Wind Waker but I have spreadsheets to review :smithicide:

Sounds like a full day of staring at grids.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

VideoGames posted:

Same! Gonna play some DS3 until lady corn gets home and then possibly watching you start up DS2 while im cooking dinner??

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

fridge corn posted:

Same! Gonna play some DS3 until lady corn gets home and then possibly watching you start up DS2 while im cooking dinner??

Yep! Tonight I get to start DS2! Making a new character and going off on a brand new adventure! got no idea what to expect, how slightly different it is going to be or anything. I am extremely excited. This must be how everyone felt when DS2 was released :D

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

VideoGames posted:

Yep! Tonight I get to start DS2! Making a new character and going off on a brand new adventure! got no idea what to expect, how slightly different it is going to be or anything. I am extremely excited. This must be how everyone felt when DS2 was released :D

VG where do you stream? Is it a secret

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

VideoGames posted:

Same and I haven’t even started work yet

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Same and I haven’t even started work yet

Play video games before work :twisted:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rarity posted:

Play video games before work :twisted:

Early morning EU server Dota here we gooooo

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Convex posted:

VG where do you stream? Is it a secret

Oh goodness no. I stream on twitch as videogamessa :) I really like how easy it is to do from my PS4.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Early morning EU server Dota here we gooooo

Oh no what have I done :ohdear:

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Simone Magus posted:

DQ11 IS SO FREAKING GOOD

HECK YEAH IT IS

Convex