Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Simone Magus posted:

DQ11 IS SO FREAKING GOOD

:hfive:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

[harumphing as loud as possible] So freaking goo

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

stev posted:

What if I already have all these games and haven't played them in a decade op?

If you havn't played Doom in the past decade you have hosed up somewhere

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Rarity posted:

Play video games before work :twisted:

No that's prime sleep time

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

JollyBoyJohn posted:

If you havn't played Doom in the past decade you have hosed up somewhere

I haven't played Doom since playing it over dial up with my Brother in Law in Windows 3.11, so '97 or so. But I don't like fps shooters.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

doom is good but what you like is more important than what the internet says is cool.
most people that won't shut up about doom are posers who also haven't played it since they were 8.

its sooo good tho.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

JollyBoyJohn posted:

No that's prime sleep time

Lol what's sleep?

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I hate when people joke about not getting enough sleep because drat man i love it so much

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
...joke?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

disappointed to learn loop hero isn't a new sequel to DJ Hero

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Everyone gets at least 8 hours a night

Right....?

:ohdear:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I love to sleep but I hate going to bed.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Right....?

such decadence

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Right....?

On a good night I get 6 hours but with 2 herniated discs and a couple of pinched nerves I haven't slept well in 15 years.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I really like when people like the video games they like. :hai:

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

VideoGames posted:

Oh yeah, well I like it more when they like the ones i like.

(Most of em)

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

VideoGames posted:

A controversial statement, but hell..... I agree

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

VideoGames posted:

Get back in your souls hole, junky

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

Get back in your souls hole, junky

ONLY A FEW HOURS TO GO OK!!!

EDIT: this was not meant to be in all caps. Whoops.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I sleep eight hours every night no matter what even if I don’t want to, I’ve slept through every alarm known to man including hungry cats. It’s a real problem and I have to strategically go to bed ten hours before I have to go somewhere in order to not oversleep.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

VideoGames posted:

ONLY A FEW HOURS TO GO OK!!!

EDIT: this was not meant to be in all caps. Whoops.

Cusses in the av, all caps. You're out of control.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Cusses in the av, all caps. You're out of control.

:twisted: We are about to get all american kirby up in here...

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Right....?

Of sleep? No.

But do I get enough rest? Hell no.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

hatty posted:

I sleep eight hours every night no matter what even if I don’t want to, I’ve slept through every alarm known to man including hungry cats. It’s a real problem and I have to strategically go to bed ten hours before I have to go somewhere in order to not oversleep.

________/

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
I am blessed that I can just catch up on any missing sleep at any point in the day and actually feel refreshed instead of confused and melty like so many people

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Early morning EU server Dota here we gooooo

wuggles posted:

I spent 3.5 hours yesterday playing Loop Hero. It’s good op

Just put two and two together and realized that Loop Hero is in the same ballpark as auto chess except without all the stuff I hate about auto chess (which is most of what auto chess does)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Anyone having trouble getting to sleep should take up long distance running. It’ll be a challenge to stay up past 8pm!

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

VideoGames posted:

Sorry, I left my angry eyebrows at home.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Didn't Square skip localizing 5 because they thought it was too hard for western audiences?

I recall it being canned to being "too graphically similar" to FF2/4, which was a reason I remember reading a lot in game magazines back in the '90s.

There WAS a localization though, which they used for the PS1 port. It was terrible, like somehow even worse than FF2's translation.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

raditts posted:

I recall it being canned to being "too graphically similar" to FF2/4, which was a reason I remember reading a lot in game magazines back in the '90s.

There WAS a localization though, which they used for the PS1 port. It was terrible, like somehow even worse than FF2's translation.

Sadly the best versions of 5 and 6 are stuck on the GBA, and the best version of 4 is either on the PSP or DS depending on preference. Thankfully I have a hacked 3DS and PSP so I can play all of them.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
If I get 6 hours sleep then I consider that a good night's rest but most days it's more like 5-5.5

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Just put two and two together and realized that Loop Hero is in the same ballpark as auto chess except without all the stuff I hate about auto chess (which is most of what auto chess does)
I'm gonna disagree with this, and make stux mad. it's not really an autobattler like auto chess, because the point of autobattlers is that there are a large number of variables to adjust that effect the outcome of the battle, and you watch the battles to tune those variables so you can do better in the next battle. it's very possible to completely gently caress up in the opening hand of a game of auto chess and completely reorganize everything to win in the end

loop hero in comparison has very few open variables available to you, you have a handful of gear slots and sometimes an opportunity to regear if your build is bad, and a whole lot of inertia based on your decisions up to that point. it's mostly a factor of how you've ramped up your power curve vs the monsters ramping up each loop. if you've hosed up early in a run there are some things you can do to try to catch up, but there's no beating inertia

my conceptualization of loop hero, is instead a reverse tower defense. instead of ramping up strength of towers to kill increasingly powerful monsters walking a route, you're walking the route and putting down towers to spawn monsters to engineer winnable fights while making sure you ramp up enough to survive the next loop

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Rarity posted:

If I get 6 hours sleep then I consider that a good night's rest but most days it's more like 5-5.5

You could almost say a good night's sleep....is a rarity.

I'm sorry

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

VideoGames posted:

:haibrow:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I have a dumb question for anybody not in the USA. It's just something I hadn't thought about before and now I'm curious.

In America, we have this thing called "Mississippi seconds" which is just someone saying Mississippi between each number when they are counting. The idea is to have a word or name long/cumbersome enough to say between numbers that you can time things in a more accurate or fairer way. Examples of using it would be for kids playing hide n seek where the seeker needs to count to a number and having them count "1 Mississippi 2 Mississippi 3 Mississippi" etc would prevent them from just rushing through the numbers and give the hiders plenty of time to hide. Another example is when people need to inject something like insulin and they have to make sure to keep the needle in for a specific amount of time so they count that way to make sure they've kept the needle in long enough.

Mississippi is a place in the USA though so what do other countries use? I know that I've heard a more generic version where you count out loud by saying "1 one thousand 2 one thousand 3 one thousand" etc but I'm curious if/what other places use when needing to count like that.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

VideoGames posted:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They carefully watch the atomic decay of a reference isotope

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

I have a dumb question for anybody not in the USA. It's just something I hadn't thought about before and now I'm curious.

In America, we have this thing called "Mississippi seconds" which is just someone saying Mississippi between each number when they are counting. The idea is to have a word or name long/cumbersome enough to say between numbers that you can time things in a more accurate or fairer way. Examples of using it would be for kids playing hide n seek where the seeker needs to count to a number and having them count "1 Mississippi 2 Mississippi 3 Mississippi" etc would prevent them from just rushing through the numbers and give the hiders plenty of time to hide. Another example is when people need to inject something like insulin and they have to make sure to keep the needle in for a specific amount of time so they count that way to make sure they've kept the needle in long enough.

Mississippi is a place in the USA though so what do other countries use? I know that I've heard a more generic version where you count out loud by saying "1 one thousand 2 one thousand 3 one thousand" etc but I'm curious if/what other places use when needing to count like that.

1 Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
2 Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Hwurmp posted:

1 Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
2 Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

LMAO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!