Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Amy Pole Her posted:

Oh hell yeah, shoot it over.

I’m a big wuss with these kit cars though. I personally tried building an 818c by Factory Five and I lasted maybe 3 months before selling it. It’s so impressive to me seeing what people can build themselves.

Awesome.

Yeah, I'm starting from bare metal and building that way. I fully expect it to be 3 or 4 years minimum, but hey, it's only money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

iwentdoodie posted:

Awesome.

Yeah, I'm starting from bare metal and building that way. I fully expect it to be 3 or 4 years minimum, but hey, it's only money.

Awesome rear end car that no one will really recognize when they see it. It’ll be a convo starter too. Killer choice!

Going to see a buddys final touches on the LT5 he’s putting in his Ultima GTR speaking of kit cars. ... now i kinda want to go find a mid project FF GTR

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Mar 12, 2021

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Like how it hit 75 yesterday and it's 60 outside now and my yard is still mostly covered in snow.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Kalli posted:

Like how it hit 75 yesterday and it's 60 outside now and my yard is still mostly covered in snow.

Must be that fake plastic lib snow

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Kalli posted:

Yeah climate change sucks but this is March New England weather forever.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I am currently deep in the throes of a false South Carolina winterspringsummerspringwintersummer where we are getting like 35 degree temp swings from the mid 70s to high 30s and rain and sun and frost...

Wreaking havoc on my sinuses.

In like two weeks I will be caked in a layer of pine tree sperm.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

LeeMajors posted:

I am currently deep in the throes of a false South Carolina winterspringsummerspringwintersummer where we are getting like 35 degree temp swings from the mid 70s to high 30s and rain and sun and frost...

Wreaking havoc on my sinuses.

In like two weeks I will be caked in a layer of pine tree sperm.

lol yeah

I'm about to have to mow for the second time but also I have to run a space heater in the morning upstairs.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

seiferguy posted:

I was really into BMWs in my early 20s (had '91 3 series as my first car), so I learned a lot about them. I'd likely pick the BMW M1 just because of the sheer rarity and weird story around it.

The thing about BMWs is, no matter how good they are, Porsche always has a car that's just slightly better.

Few years ago we went to visit my grandparents in Florida and my dad and I snuck out for a day to go watch the 12 Hours of Sebring. They did some demo laps with historical race cars and they let loose a 3.0 CSL and that thing was loving MEAN.

I also became a huge BMW nerd, my first one was right after I graduated high school was a nearly mint ‘89 325iS, to date my favorite car I’ve ever owned. Some stuff went wrong with it that was outside of my wheelhouse at the time so I sold it to a tech at work, and watched it pop up over the years on my Facebook feed as he turned it into a drift missile and absolutely destroyed it. Tied for one of my biggest car sale regrets :smith:

Since then I’ve had a ‘90 318i, a ‘94 325i (functioning heated seats, 6-disc CD changer in the trunk :whatup:) and now I have a rusty beat up ‘89 325i that I’m waiting for my nightmare of a house closing to end so I can pull it out of mothballs and drag it over here to start breathing life back into it. So yeah, my magical car to keep forever would probably be an E30 M3.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Paint Crop Pro posted:

Attn: Blowjob Overtime

https://twitter.com/OwenAdamsYT1/status/1369312312457375753

Also gently caress bryant lake bowl, they dont put enough oil on their lanes. :colbert:

Owns.

The one time we tried to go to Bryant Lake Bowl we were invited by coworkers who had been in MN for about three months and thought we could just show up at like 7PM on a Saturday and get a lane.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

T-Square posted:

Few years ago we went to visit my grandparents in Florida and my dad and I snuck out for a day to go watch the 12 Hours of Sebring. They did some demo laps with historical race cars and they let loose a 3.0 CSL and that thing was loving MEAN.

I also became a huge BMW nerd, my first one was right after I graduated high school was a nearly mint ‘89 325iS, to date my favorite car I’ve ever owned. Some stuff went wrong with it that was outside of my wheelhouse at the time so I sold it to a tech at work, and watched it pop up over the years on my Facebook feed as he turned it into a drift missile and absolutely destroyed it. Tied for one of my biggest car sale regrets :smith:

Since then I’ve had a ‘90 318i, a ‘94 325i (functioning heated seats, 6-disc CD changer in the trunk :whatup:) and now I have a rusty beat up ‘89 325i that I’m waiting for my nightmare of a house closing to end so I can pull it out of mothballs and drag it over here to start breathing life back into it. So yeah, my magical car to keep forever would probably be an E30 M3.

I have one friend who's a massive BMW guy. He's probably owned 5 e30s at least? Then he has an M5, used to have an old 5 series, turned one e30 into a race car. He basically got our group of friends into BMWs. Another friend did buy an e30 M3 in like 2012 for $16k then sold it a couple of years ago for $24k. The old e30s are appreciating in value. My 318is owned, and all it needed was a nice paint job which I was planning on getting when I graduated college, but then it got hit by a semi and totaled :smith: my friend was able to use it for parts and now lives in his e30 hatchback that he imported from Germany, a super cool car.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hello, I have stumbled upon the National Hot Dog and Sausage Council's website

https://www.hot-dog.org/

Looking at the associated links, like https://www.ilovepickles.org/ and I feel i have stumbled upon a late 90's Webring.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Kalli posted:

Hello, I have stumbled upon the National Hot Dog and Sausage Council's website

https://www.hot-dog.org/

Looking at the associated links, like https://www.ilovepickles.org/ and I feel i have stumbled upon a late 90's Webring.

What’s the Council’s stance on whether a hot dog is a sandwich?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Absolutely love almost all BMWs made before 2004 or so. They lost their soul around then.

And yeah to Porsche. God they’re so expensive for the performance but anytime I’ve been lucky enough to drive one, it really is a great balance.

Dammit

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

BMWs are loving sexy and I know literally nothing about cars so maybe they’re terrible compared to others in their class. Don’t care Id take a BMW.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Yeah, driving a BMW is sexy but when feel the power of that Porsche, on your 25 minute commute to work (half of which is stop and go traffic), the difference is clear.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

T-Square posted:

my high school car is also a '89 325iS, almost backed the loving thing into a telephone pole when rain + teenage driver + limited-slip differential added up one night. oops.

it's currently in storage, but I do have a couple web pages saved under the listing of "Bad Ideas" that detail what it would take to import a car to Japan.

my wife doesn't like it because she got used to the heated seats in my parents' newer cars when we visited in winter once, and the E30 is lacking those kinds of creature comforts.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Absolutely love almost all BMWs made before 2004 or so. They lost their soul around then.

And yeah to Porsche. God they’re so expensive for the performance but anytime I’ve been lucky enough to drive one, it really is a great balance.

Dammit

my dad has a 993 that I need to at least ride in again next time I'm visiting home, lord knows he'll never let me actually drive the loving thing.

or the E32 8-series he has now either.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Thaddius the Large posted:

What’s the Council’s stance on whether a hot dog is a sandwich?

25 Hot Dog Facts

#1 A Hot Dog is not a sandwich

#14 The world’s longest hot dog was 668 feet long, enough to cover two football fields

#23 Americans say the celebrity they’d most like to enjoy a hot dog with is 97 year old Betty White

--------------------

"My favorite meat is hot dog, by the way. That is my favorite meat…"
- Mitt Romney

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
BMWs are great because it's the easiest way to identify the rear end in a top hat with money who doesn't know anything about cars.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

BMWs are great because it's the easiest way to identify the rear end in a top hat with money who doesn't know anything about cars.

This would literally be me if I was rich.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Christ, if I was rich I would do good things like charities and not try and avoid paying taxes but god knows I’d be living the life and not hiding it.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Kalli posted:

25 Hot Dog Facts

#1 A Hot Dog is not a sandwich

#14 The world’s longest hot dog was 668 feet long, enough to cover two football fields

#23 Americans say the celebrity they’d most like to enjoy a hot dog with is 97 year old Betty White

--------------------

"My favorite meat is hot dog, by the way. That is my favorite meat…"
- Mitt Romney

A hot dog is an open faced sandwich.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

that's any BMW less than or equal to four years old, and probably goes double for places like Southern California.

old BMWs aren't always in good hands but it's often people who otherwise would be Alfa Romeo tragics but smartened up a bit.

Nov 6, 2002

Samadhi posted:

you son of a bitch

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Samadhi posted:

Guess you better tell that to THE COUNCIL

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Christ, if I was rich I would do good things like charities and not try and avoid paying taxes but god knows I’d be living the life and not hiding it.

I just think about how Notch became a billionaire and bought a giant house filled with candy and still couldn't make any friends so just blackpilled himself on the internet and became hated by everyone.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Man if you drive a 2002 M5 then I just automatically assume we’ll be friends

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Kalli posted:

Guess you better tell that to THE COUNCIL

I bet you agree with every vapid decision made by the NFL referees council as well you sheep

All councils are reactionary truth-deniers

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

https://twitter.com/BobbyBigWheel/status/1370411991714705408?s=19

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
:lol: if you think the Hot Dog Council is anything but the propaganda wing of Big Sausage. Of course they wouldn't tell you the truth, that a hot dog is a subset of sandwiches

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Name your favorite hot dog. Go.

Costco

Nov 6, 2002

Rank your preferred grilled meats:

1. Brauts
2. Chicken
3. Sausage
4. Hamburger
5. kielbasa
6. Steak
7. Hot Dog

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Vienna beef

Chicago style, with grilled onions

Nov 6, 2002

I'm a sucker for a trashy corn dog.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Amy Pole Her posted:

Man if you drive a 2002 M5 then I just automatically assume we’ll be friends

That's the dream car. Just the perfect sedan. Someone made an e39 m5 estate one off and got drat.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
A hot pocket is a sandwich but only if you cut the edges off

Nov 6, 2002

Intruder posted:

A hot pocket is a sandwich but only if you cut the edges off

If you want to do that kind of mental gymnastics than so is a calzone! Where does it end?!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Is using a lettuce wrap instead of bread still a sandwich?

If so is a grilled chicken salad an open faced sandwich?

1. Yes

Kalli fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Mar 12, 2021

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

1. Brauts
2. Chicken
3. Sausage
4. Hamburger
5. kielbasa
6. Steak
7. Hot Dog

I'd say turkey but it's not a meat apparently

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

If you want to do that kind of mental gymnastics than so is a calzone! Where does it end?!

Pizza is an open faced sandwich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Amy Pole Her posted:

Name your favorite hot dog. Go.

Costco

It's that. They're delicious.

Throw some chili/onions/mustard on that sumbitch and let's go!