Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

It was a delisted forum you could still get to by putting the forumid in the url bar, IIRC.

I remember gamefaqs used to have weird little corners of people hiding out on boards for long forgotten games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Inceltown posted:

creep stuff

loving hell

Amphigory has a new favorite as of 09:15 on Mar 12, 2021

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
It's weird the knock-on effects you get from finding out things like this.

For example, I just found out that while he hasn't posted since 2014, grover remains completely unbanned here and free to resume posting at any time.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Ugly In The Morning posted:

It was a delisted forum you could still get to by putting the forumid in the url bar, IIRC.

I remember gamefaqs used to have weird little corners of people hiding out on boards for long forgotten games.

There were some that were intentionally hidden as Easter eggs.

One of those is “Empire”, board ID № 5882300. It’s a reference to the telephone number of an extremely prolific series of commercials by a U.S. carpet company.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s73v79TyASI

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Can we get links to the forbidden boards?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Yep, made a few good internet friends from a board for a game on a console that never left Japan.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

The Barnes and Noble thing had a big twitter effortpost come out last year. It's really fascinating an honestly a great idea - that poo poo gets deleted all the time. Most people's awkward RP sins stick around.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
https://i.imgur.com/fqwYX3C.mp4

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

You have awakened something deep within my memory and I am NOT happy about it

I didn't watch the video because it's already playing endlessly in my mind :mad:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL4iSTnuvUE

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!

I love how that one horse is super interested in what the hell is going on.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Can we get links to the forbidden boards?

I don’t know if you mean GameFAQs, but here’s a list.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Memento posted:

It's weird the knock-on effects you get from finding out things like this.

For example, I just found out that while he hasn't posted since 2014, grover remains completely unbanned here and free to resume posting at any time.

I assume he's been promoted to the top of the military and is deciding the consequences for invading countries officially.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
The upkeep of his haus makes it so that he has no time to post

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
If Grover were posting under an alt today, would anyone notice?

Grover’s Iraq war prognostication and home construction were legendary, but from what I remember of his posting, it wasn’t usually that distinctive.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Captainsalami posted:

I love how that one horse is super interested in what the hell is going on.

I'm not sure "interested" is the right word.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHLqce9rBXY

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Didn't know Mr Hands had an accomplice.

E: wait, I did know that. This loving site.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Fun fact: the entire SA forums are operating as a door game on an SBBS somewhere in Indiana (Brazil). There's a 1/4 000 000 chance (thanks, Radium!) that when you try to log on, you'll get Tradewars 2002 instead of the forums. You can still send node messages to users in the system proper if you know the right URL.

It's telling about Radium's coding ability that I'm only like 75% sure you're joking.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

The Bloop posted:

You have awakened something deep within my memory and I am NOT happy about it

I didn't watch the video because it's already playing endlessly in my mind :mad:

Maybe I'm misremembering but growing up I swear it was 581-2323

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Ainsley
Feb 17, 2011

You must go on a long journey before you can really find out how wonderful home is.

For a sliiiiiightly more realistic puppet version, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1q9TXcng7o&t=68s

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
so is Mike Pence the guy in the front or the back?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

That's not the way Mike Pence would be inside a horse.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Ainsley posted:

For a sliiiiiightly more realistic puppet version, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1q9TXcng7o&t=68s
lol horses often "introduce" themselves by gently blowing into each others' nostrils, you can see them trying to do that here and going "what the gently caress you smell like nothing and don't breathe"

this has been your Horse Fact of the Day

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Platystemon posted:

If Grover were posting under an alt today, would anyone notice?

Grover’s Iraq war prognostication and home construction were legendary, but from what I remember of his posting, it wasn’t usually that distinctive.

don't forget LAZER JETZ

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Stroop There It Is posted:

lol horses often "introduce" themselves by gently blowing into each others' nostrils, you can see them trying to do that here and going "what the gently caress you smell like nothing and don't breathe"

Also a good horsehack for calming/comforting a horse when you meet/greet (just blow some gentle puffs into their noses).

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
don't work with formic acid beforehand, either

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Scratch Monkey posted:

don't forget LAZER JETZ

I only learned about that one this month after reading the AIRPOWER thread for years.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Greatbacon posted:

I think it is an outcome of some kids not having computers of their own or like really restrictve parents. A Nook basically gives them access to a relatively unstructured/monotored space in the form of book reviews.

Yeah, recently there was a goon looking for a thread here from years ago about that very phenomenon (no one could find it, sadly). In that instance it was a bunch of queer/questioning teens that had hyper-Christian parents, so their Nook/Kindle/whatever "reviews" was their only way to say "I think I might be gay?!" or hook up with other sympathetic teens without their rear end in a top hat snooping parents finding out.

A combo of :smith: for their situation and :black101: for coming up with that workaround.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Stroop There It Is posted:

I know, I love that and the white horse in the other video that can definitely tell somethings not right. You can see her try to pull the blanket off and the jacket because she can smell people and sort of realizes there's some sort of shenanigans going on.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

SpacePig posted:

I mean, I'm glad the guy seems to be happy, and he's using it to promote his tailoring business and stuff which is a good idea. But "I get tons of marriage proposals because I dress like a dandy" is a very funny thing to say to the newspaper.

I hope he's saying that as some kind of victorian way of saying 'I'm getting laid constantly'

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Pick posted:

I know, I love that and the white horse in the other video that can definitely tell somethings not right. You can see her try to pull the blanket off and the jacket because she can smell people and sort of realizes there's some sort of shenanigans going on.

Look at this horse thinking they're Scooby Doo pulling the mask off.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Pick posted:

Ears went back a few times and the front hoof came up. I'm not an expert but in my time working with horses I was fully expecting that white horse to start kicking the poo poo out of those idiots.

I've seen a new horse get introduced to an established herd of THERAPY horses and holy gently caress they were brutal at first. The sound of a horse double barrel kicking another horse in the side is something that stays with you.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!
From my Facebook ads just now:

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
https://twitter.com/EdwinKlipp/status/1370116326912454656

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy