Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
This guy sucks rear end!!!!!

https://twitter.com/jessemckinley/status/1370437276128452611?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Paint Crop Pro posted:

https://twitter.com/AaronGleeman/status/1370430881714728960?s=19

I'm gonna watch some Twins triple A baseball this summer and its gonna rule.

So minor league baseball still exists after last years blood bath?

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So minor league baseball still exists after last years blood bath?

In a much reduced form.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
My mom went in for a cardiac catheterization this morning at a hospital I am not credentisled at (because of her insurance). She came out fine but super confused. I have three friends who work at said hospital checking on her, but they just took her to CT for a possible stroke because of the confusion. My current theory is that because she is a redhead and in the past has required 2-3x dosage to put her under, that the anesthesiologist just said gently caress it and flat out snowed her and thats the source of her confusion. I talked to her on the phone and she had intact memory, orientation, and word finding. Obviously, I couldn't get a full exam but she seemed ok, but still worried that the hospital is wanting to get a CT. I am like 20 minutes away from faking a badge and just bursting in pretending I am a doctor there. My friends could probably gove me enough names to shout to pretend I am a surgeon there while belittling people

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Do red heads typically need more anesthesia?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

swickles posted:

My mom went in for a cardiac catheterization this morning at a hospital I am not credentisled at (because of her insurance). She came out fine but super confused. I have three friends who work at said hospital checking on her, but they just took her to CT for a possible stroke because of the confusion. My current theory is that because she is a redhead and in the past has required 2-3x dosage to put her under, that the anesthesiologist just said gently caress it and flat out snowed her and thats the source of her confusion. I talked to her on the phone and she had intact memory, orientation, and word finding. Obviously, I couldn't get a full exam but she seemed ok, but still worried that the hospital is wanting to get a CT. I am like 20 minutes away from faking a badge and just bursting in pretending I am a doctor there. My friends could probably gove me enough names to shout to pretend I am a surgeon there while belittling people

wtf that's a thing?

Hope your mom gets better fast!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
That's why the Irish have to drink so much too.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
hot dog chat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAYbdEhVD4I

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

The whiplash watching him become the next right wing hero might actually kill me.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

LeeMajors posted:

The whiplash watching him become the next right wing hero might actually kill me.

Nah I think they'd rather bury him too.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Right wingers would crow about "cancel culture eats one of its own"

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I bought some carbon steel pans because I needed something to do, and whew lad does it take a lot of effort to get these things ready to use.

If you’re blaming something on cancel culture I’m pretty sure it means you really hosed up!!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Joey Freshwater posted:

wtf that's a thing?

Yeah, my dad, and two of his siblings have (well, in my dad's case, had...) red hair and each time they've gotten surgery, they've required double the dosage to put em under.

Nov 6, 2002

Freaquency posted:

If you’re blaming something on cancel culture I’m pretty sure it means you really hosed up!!

America has always been the land of second chances, but now the people who hosed up want to immediately roll right into that second chance without doing any penance. Creating and labeling "cancel culture" if anything is a boon to people who misbehave 'cause now they can just relabel the outrage and position themselves as the real victim.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

People don’t respond to all my funny posts because I’m a victim of cancel culture.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Wisconsin is opening up more vax eligibility at the end of the month and I'm fat enough to qualify :cool:

Nov 6, 2002

Just how fat do you have to be to get the vaccine early?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

People don’t respond to all my funny posts because I’m a victim of cancel culture.

I've responded to every single one of your funny posts!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

At least in Texas there was a section for BMI over 25, over 30, and over 40

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Guze posted:

Wisconsin is opening up more vax eligibility at the end of the month and I'm fat enough to qualify :cool:

Yeah but so is the rest of the state.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

yall talking about bmws made me go try and fix the sticky door lock/handle on mine and i already broke like 5 things.

door handle trim, top window... sill?, and 3-4 of the plastic body nut things. that middle one is probably the most expensive but i also haven't found the part # so far. the vinyl sheet over everything looked like it was loving the handle actuation up the most, it slipped down and gummed up the linkage. i think i can straighten it out and then heat gun the adhesive back on and it should be good though. gotta pull the lock out which is like... pulling a nickel out of your sinuses.

i wanna get some aluminum door cards because i don't think anyone gives a poo poo about map pockets and the leatherette trim on it, and you can just screw those on instead of dealing with more plastic that just sits and turns to dust in the heat.

anyways, grilling chicken is easy. use a thermometer! agreed that butterflying breasts is the way to go unless you like that roast chicken texture. thighs are basically foolproof because they take such a high heat. they look overdone before they're done especially if you have a sugary marinade.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I don’t know but I’ve been working on it.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Intruder posted:

At least in Texas there was a section for BMI over 25, over 30, and over 40

Those are the numbers.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Guze posted:

Yesterday I was at 24.6 BMI and decided to continue attempting to lose weight, and that was rewarded today when my job sent my invite to get vaccinated next week.

Now I'm undoing that run by drinking some cold fuckin' beers. I contain multitudes.

Nov 6, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I don’t know but I’ve been working on it.

Have you had your appointment with Dr Nick yet?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Need to gain a fuckton of weight between now and April so I can get vaccinated ASAP:

https://twitter.com/jasmynekeimig/status/1370455837911650304?s=19

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

When did you make one

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

a neat cape posted:

When did you make one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xMfCP2n_UI

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

TFF Chat 2021: BMWs and BMIs

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Haha, I'm 15 minutes away from taking off to get my first shot and I feel like I'm being body shamed.

Also clearly you all should just take up smoking.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Haha, I'm 15 minutes away from taking off to get my first shot and I feel like I'm being body shamed.

Also clearly you all should just take up smoking.

If I lied and said I smoked 3 packs a day how would they prove I was a liar?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I've been losing weight after ballooning up during the holidays and am on track to be under my pre Covid weight soon and now I just wanna chug porters and cram burgers

For my health

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If I lied and said I smoked 3 packs a day how would they prove I was a liar?

I mean, your voice would be a dead give-away...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZudxWdQNRg

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

hifi posted:

anyways, grilling chicken is easy. use a thermometer! agreed that butterflying breasts is the way to go unless you like that roast chicken texture. thighs are basically foolproof because they take such a high heat. they look overdone before they're done especially if you have a sugary marinade.

:yeah: to both of these

Also I'm lucky to have a great carneceria real close to have easy access to asada marinated breasts which are great. I've tried to replicate it and can't, and I'm happy to give em the business anyway.

Home from the hospital already, they let us discharge at 1am which was great. The cats are less suspicious of this baby-- they wouldn't even enter the room with the first one for a month. Right now I've got her sleeping in a katan and a cat next to me watching the brier. A good day.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Pops Mgee posted:

Yeah but so is the rest of the state.

You joke but it's actually true; there was a bit in the paper yesterday that said Wisconsin's new regulations for the vaccine made something like 97 percent of the state's population eligible.

Qwijib0 posted:

sleeping in a katan and a cat next to me watching the brier.

Is this English?

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Timby posted:

Is this English?

:haw:

A Katan is a thing you can use to strap a baby to yourself.

Edit: it's apparently spelled K'tan

The brier is the Canadian men's curling championship

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/business/status/1370129944882331649?s=19

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Joey Freshwater posted:

wtf that's a thing?

She is good, my initial theory seems to be confirmed. And yes, redheads (not all red head but like 65% or so) carry a gene that makes them less susceptible to anesthetics. When my mom had her EP study they had to use twice as much meds as normal. When I had my wisdon teeth out they apparently called in the on call anesthesiologist because they had to give me a poo poo ton of meds to knock me out. And yes, I can outdrink like 99% of you no problem.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Qwijib0 posted:

Edit: it's apparently spelled K'tan

I dunno if I'd strap a baby to that

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

About half of whatever yo momma weighs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1370451886428553217