Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
lets put a track in the middle of the loving desert, what could go wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/Mattzel89/status/1370345945527951369?s=09

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I know it's first day of testing, but boy would I love if Williams hands off the red lantern to Haas.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
That haas is the most unmemorable car I’ve ever seen. Like a generic airfix “race car” that someone with no imagination has painted.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

learnincurve posted:

That haas is the most unmemorable car I’ve ever seen. Like a generic airfix “race car” that someone with no imagination has painted.

Nah, that still goes to the 2019 Williams imo. Allthough it was so bad, that it might be memorable...

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Does that haas have last year’s William’s nose?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Al Peen

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Mazespin

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Stroll unleashed

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

alpan

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

The state of this track

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
To be fair it’s better than Spain and whatever the hell that french car park with the blue lines on it is.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Thats Paul Ricard. Awful track.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

This day had a nice Mad Max feeling, imo. They should race there all the time with a sandstorm on. Plus sprinklers.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
The results of the Bahrain GP were revealed to me last night in a dream. Lewis gets a rare DNF, Bottas wins, Mazepin gets 6th, Yuki Tsunoda 18th. You heard it here first.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

The Lord of Hats posted:

The results of the Bahrain GP were revealed to me last night in a dream. Lewis gets a rare DNF, Bottas wins, Mazepin gets 6th, Yuki Tsunoda 18th. You heard it here first.

not sure if you watched the testing but mercedes clearly has not taken those floor aero changes well

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

McLaren are going to win

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

FAUXTON posted:

not sure if you watched the testing but mercedes clearly has not taken those floor aero changes well

Until the last 5 laps of testing on the last day where they purple each sector in turn before backing off.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

learnincurve posted:

Until the last 5 laps of testing on the last day where they purple each sector in turn before backing off.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

FAUXTON posted:

lmaaaaaaaaaaaoooooooooooooooooooo

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Just loving lol if you’ve got enough vacant brain cavity space that you actually think Mercedes isn’t going to BTFO everyone else this year because of some testing shenanigans they always pull

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

This time next week we'll all be watching the newest season of Drive To Survive.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Bono my floor is gone

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Pre season testing they don't have to give a poo poo about number of engines or we right. I wonder how much life the engines lost by ingesting a bunch of sand

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

the corona quid posted:

Just loving lol if you’ve got enough vacant brain cavity space that you actually think Mercedes isn’t going to BTFO everyone else this year because of some testing shenanigans they always pull

look the verstappo need straws at which to grasp and if that means mercedes barely even driving the cars until now and just drifting around the track not even trying to follow the rubber and obviously hammering the throttle out of every apex to look like last year's vettel gives them the impression that somehow their lifted-rear end cars are gonna steal the WDC then by god I'll act the part

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
mercedes has a different vibe this year and i think everyone over there is done with f1 or at least running and managing a team. Totto will run ASSton Business. Lewis will start his music career and Valteri Bottas.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

the corona quid posted:

don't @ me

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

The Lord of Hats posted:

F1 is going to be dead

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Zeta Acosta posted:

mercedes has a different vibe this year and i think everyone over there is done with f1 or at least running and managing a team. Totto will run ASSton Business. Lewis will start his music career and Valteri Bottas.

they'll declare anschluss with alpine next year

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

The current generation of F1 cars sure is ugly. Alpha Tauri did something with the logo to make the central hump look smaller, so their car looks a bit better, but the overall impression is ugh. I hope 2022 looks as good as the concepts.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Zeta Acosta posted:

max verstapenning early. fraudulent year perhaps?

fraudulent life, op

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

The current generation of F1 cars sure is ugly. Alpha Tauri did something with the logo to make the central hump look smaller, so their car looks a bit better, but the overall impression is ugh. I hope 2022 looks as good as the concepts.

Maybe johnny death can have the FIA force f1 teams back to the plastic toy look of the early 90s

vroom vroom screeeeeee vrrrroooommm

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

Rear wings have a 1980s Sierra RS500 Cosworth vibe.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Zeta Acosta posted:

max verstapenning early. fraudulent year perhaps?
He topped all the timing sheets, OP.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Khablam posted:

He topped all the timing sheets, OP.

I always figured him more of a bottom tbh

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

I always figured him more of a bottom tbh
No, Max likes slamming into dem walls.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

did he take #33 because it looked like 88

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Khablam posted:

:five:

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
After the first day of testing my prediction is that the #blessed SIR Lewis Hamilton is going to get in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Khablam posted:

same