Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I like how the memes don't even have to make sense now

Biden says "Hey let's all work together so we can safely gather for the 4th of July"

how the hell does that elicit a "U CAN TAKE MY GRILL FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS" lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I know it’s just cultural signaling and all, but the mental image of Ted Cruz physically defending himself against anyone for any reason is profoundly hilarious to me.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

https://twitter.com/Patrick_Wyman/status/1362573129126539267

https://twitter.com/Patrick_Wyman/status/1362577568646356993

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

LeeMajors posted:

I know it’s just cultural signaling and all, but the mental image of Ted Cruz physically defending himself against anyone for any reason is profoundly hilarious to me.

Can't beat an amorphous blob by punching it. Thats his secret.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

I literally want to sit Ted down in this room and just ask him one question, and that question is to explain his point with this tweet

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Spoeank posted:

I literally want to sit Ted down in this room and just ask him one question, and that question is to explain his point with this tweet

Did you not see my post

It's just politics as performance art, it's one of the few places where I think Cruz has been (or is) a trendsetter among US politicians. Unfortunately for him he lacks the charisma to turn that performance into anything useful other than getting re-elected.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Is Cruz worse than Hawley I can't tell

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

a neat cape posted:

They all belong in the same oubliette.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

a neat cape posted:

Cruz is older and so might die sooner so he’s less bad.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

harperdc posted:

my high school car is also a '89 325iS, almost backed the loving thing into a telephone pole when rain + teenage driver + limited-slip differential added up one night. oops.

Lol, yeah dumb 19 year old me got a little too confident sliding mine around when it was wet and one day I was power sliding out of a wide rear end open and empty round-a-bout and had my first experience with snap oversteer. Car flew off to the opposite side of the road and I slid to a stop about 4 inches past a big concrete light post.

Honestly I miss driving BMWs because so many people get worked up into a frenzy about the BMW stereotype and I’m just like “Dunno man, I just think they’re cool, sorry it makes you mad?” My dad used to talk poo poo all the time about unreliable over-engineered German poo poo as I’m daily driving my 25 year old 200K+ mile 3 series with no issues and he’s taking his garbage beloved Chevy Astro to his friend’s shop every other month :v:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/David_Rudnick/status/1369696498485768194?s=19

30-50 sleepy hogs

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
My folks are now fully vaccinated with the two week wait, etc, and I've been vaccinated for a month and change. I got to hug them both for the first time in over a year today.

It's totally the allergies guys.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Absolutely haulin' rear end into dreamland

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

swickles posted:

She is good, my initial theory seems to be confirmed. And yes, redheads (not all red head but like 65% or so) carry a gene that makes them less susceptible to anesthetics. When my mom had her EP study they had to use twice as much meds as normal. When I had my wisdon teeth out they apparently called in the on call anesthesiologist because they had to give me a poo poo ton of meds to knock me out. And yes, I can outdrink like 99% of you no problem.

I went to UW Madison though

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Please get your camera out of my bedroom, thanks.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Owning Joe biden and the libs by having a 4th of July cookout like Joe biden suggested I do

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So the NCAA tournament season is going swimmingly with like 4 teams already having to withdraw over Covid.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Spoeank posted:

"I'll grill in my backyard with whoever I want right now. If you try to stop me I will kill you with a gun."

It's inauthentic calculated false bravado but that's what he's saying. With plausible deniability on making a violent threat. A bunch of his constituents eat that poo poo up.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I’m glad Wisconsin’s vaccine program seems to be better than most states and expanding soon, but I’m still annoyed at our first tier requirements which technically do not allow my fiancé and I to get it yet (she has terminal breast cancer and is in home hospice now, I am her primary caregiver) yet two of my friends were able to get vaccinated (they are technically “essential” infrastructure workers, but I am happy they’re vaccinated because I fuckin miss my friends and want to hug them.)

Anyway, grill list, I mostly only smoke but I’m eyeing up a flat top grill for smashburgs and searing:
Brisket
Pork
Random experiments like marinated steaks with Mexican seasonings and cotija cheese on toasted buns with charred onions, or marinated chicken breasts, blackened and made into sammiches with charred peppers. Basically I like grilling stuff and making tasty sammiches.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

T-Square posted:

I’m glad Wisconsin’s vaccine program seems to be better than most states and expanding soon, but I’m still annoyed at our first tier requirements which technically do not allow my fiancé and I to get it yet (she has terminal breast cancer and is in home hospice now, I am her primary caregiver) yet two of my friends were able to get vaccinated (they are technically “essential” infrastructure workers, but I am happy they’re vaccinated because I fuckin miss my friends and want to hug them.)

holy poo poo I'm sorry about your situation :smith:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

C-Euro posted:

Did you not see my post

It's just politics as performance art, it's one of the few places where I think Cruz has been (or is) a trendsetter among US politicians. Unfortunately for him he lacks the charisma to turn that performance into anything useful other than getting re-elected.

Yeah but I would just keep pressing him to explain his point. He's a sick little freak who loves to be embarrassed so I could see him going for it

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

T-Square posted:

Anyway, grill list, I mostly only smoke but I’m eyeing up a flat top grill for smashburgs and searing:
Brisket
Pork
Random experiments like marinated steaks with Mexican seasonings and cotija cheese on toasted buns with charred onions, or marinated chicken breasts, blackened and made into sammiches with charred peppers. Basically I like grilling stuff and making tasty sammiches.

gently caress man, I'm sorry about your wife.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Very sorry to hear that you're going through that T-Square. I know it's not much but someone is always here to talk about tough things if you want to.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Oh Jesus T-Square I'm so sorry :smith:

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
Have been searching the chat thread for the link and can't find it, but wanted to send the registry for like, extra vaccines or at least the site to help sign up for them to some friends. Can someone reshare it? At least I thought it was shared at some point this week.

And drat T-Square. I'm sorry to hear about what you and your wife are going through.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Neil Armbong posted:

Have been searching the chat thread for the link and can't find it, but wanted to send the registry for like, extra vaccines or at least the site to help sign up for them to some friends. Can someone reshare it? At least I thought it was shared at some point this week.

And drat T-Square. I'm sorry to hear about what you and your wife are going through.

It's hidrb.com

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

https://twitter.com/dril/status/1370494046867648513

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

swickles posted:

And yes, I can outdrink like 99% of you no problem.
I accept your challenge

The Juggernaut
Nov 29, 2005

Libs war on CHARCOAL

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Stimmy check pending :toot:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

T-Square posted:

I’m glad Wisconsin’s vaccine program seems to be better than most states and expanding soon, but I’m still annoyed at our first tier requirements

Christ it is insane that you weren't eligible (and drat I am sorry about that situation).

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

LeeMajors posted:

Stimmy check pending :toot:

https://youtu.be/ekDYEY6by18

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Still watching Agents of Shield, now that Skye Daisy has her powers it cracks me up that she still uses a gun

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Cocaine Bears and Garbage Hogs, it's been a good wildlife news week.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
loving coward, they should subpoena his rear end.

https://twitter.com/SenSanders/status/1370506337948467201?s=20

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Can you subpoena someone when it’s not officially a criminal matter?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Can you subpoena someone when it’s not officially a criminal matter?

I think congress can subpoena whoever the gently caress they want for any reason. But even if needs to be a criminal investigation they could subpoena him to make sure Amazon was in compliance with labor regulations regarding their attempts to stifle unionization.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Mar 12, 2021

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Just how fat do you have to be to get the vaccine early?
In PA it's over 30 which is why I got mine first shot last week

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Wayne Gretzky posted:

You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take.

https://twitter.com/JoseCanseco/status/1370512611121405955?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I doubt that very much.