Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

He talks about lore but hes also just wrong about it. Like him saying Ky could easily handle sol comes from a joke ending. Or saying Sol isnt a fighter hes just a scientist who learned to fight so hes not as good as someone trained for life (Please ignore Sols been fighting longer than Kys been alive so that makes no sense.).

Woolie understands fight games stories like he does any other narrative. Badly.

Ky could easily handle sol but he chooses not to bc he's a nice catholic boy that respects his elders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
gently caress y'all Guilty Gear lore rules

they had to outlaw technology because during Y2K God tried to kill everyone through their electronics

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Smoking Crow posted:

Ky could easily handle sol but he chooses not to bc he's a nice catholic boy that respects his elders

Ky couldn't even beat his Large Son.

The most powerful person in setting is Axl Low followed closely by Bedman's little sister.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

The most powerful person in setting is Axl Low followed closely by Bedman's little sister.
How the hell would Axl Low beat Dizzy's nuke?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Grouchio posted:

How the hell would Axl Low beat Dizzy's nuke?

Time Travel.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Who cares about strength it's all about being the coolest OC.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Pot best boy

Ramlethal best girl

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
I dunno. I think Pot is best girl too

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

He talks about lore but hes also just wrong about it. Like him saying Ky could easily handle sol comes from a joke ending. Or saying Sol isnt a fighter hes just a scientist who learned to fight so hes not as good as someone trained for life (Please ignore Sols been fighting longer than Kys been alive so that makes no sense.).

Woolie understands fight games stories like he does any other narrative. Badly.

Ky straight up trashes Sol when he fights him to kill for the first time during the afterstory of Revelator 2. Sol is pretty clearly established as an idiot at fighting during the same sequence and he's been pretty consistently portrayed at using his power to crush things instead of actual combat skill. He constantly says as much in several win quotes.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Sol vs. Ky has been set up as "sheer power vs. immense skill" since Guilty Gear 1. Modern Ky can and probably will flex on Sol as hard as possible.

also bring back kliff you cowards i don't care how

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I don’t know anything about guilty gear but the anchor girl looks cool, so she’s the strongest AFAIAC.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Vanderdeath posted:

Sol vs. Ky has been set up as "sheer power vs. immense skill" since Guilty Gear 1. Modern Ky can and probably will flex on Sol as hard as possible.

also bring back kliff you cowards i don't care how

Ky was also an rear end in a top hat in the earlier games, as which is shown nicely by his theme being called "Be Just or be Dead"

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Mar 11, 2021

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Ky has dragon install now bc gear status is sexually transmitted now

He's stronger than sol

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
You can tell Ky was always the strongest because nobody bothered building a Robo-Sol.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

SkeletonHero posted:

You can tell Ky was always the strongest because nobody bothered building a Robo-Sol.

Isn't Sol kinda the Robo-Sol anyway?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Sol outright said that Ky terrifies him and is a monster. Plus once Sol told Ky to stop holding back on humanoid opponents, Ky kicked his rear end.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

the proration on this own combo is getting really steep

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

"Dragon Install" this "Time Travel" that we all know who the real strongest is

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

I don't care about canonical power levels, I just want to hit people with an anchor or perhaps a dolphin.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I just heard Woolies explanation that he's not allowed to monetize the Batman videos because WB are garbage and holy poo poo. Do they plan to keep making games while pissing off people who promote their game at not cost to them?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I just heard Woolies explanation that he's not allowed to monetize the Batman videos because WB are garbage and holy poo poo. Do they plan to keep making games while pissing off people who promote their game at not cost to them?

Nintendo and ATLUS: "Yes, they should."

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Neo_Crimson posted:

Nintendo and ATLUS: "Yes, they should."

Wait Nintendo doesn't allow it either? Lol

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Do they plan to keep making games while pissing off people who promote their game at not cost to them?

yeah

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Wait Nintendo doesn't allow it either? Lol

Nintendo has probably been the most heavy-handed of anyone about NO, NO STREAMING OUR GAME, STOP SHOWING PEOPLE OUR GAME, NOOOOOOOOO!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
You need to ask permission for nintendo games, and I don't think woolie's the type to go through the legal-bruhaha to do it for youtube.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Too big to fail baby! Woo!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Nintendo has let the pressure off considerably in recent times, supposedly.

Atlus is the absolute king of this poo poo

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
That loving sucks. Makes me think he won't go ahead with the series, too.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Woolie said he's going to continue with batman. Wouldn't blame him if he scraped it though

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
guess it's time to open up a patreon to get around the demonetization!

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

When did he comment on this? I'm behind both on the podcast and the episodes.

I assume it's because of the Batman IP, otherwise no one would have MK channels.

Captain Invictus posted:

guess it's time to open up a patreon to get around the demonetization!

How long did it take Woolie to start taking donations during streams? Wasn't it after some ridiculous amount of people had to beg him to let them give him money?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
At the start of castle super beast, Woolie was suepr against Patreon and just pointed to the tip jar as "Why do I need a patreon, I have that."

Literally pulling teeth from the jaws of victory into defeat.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Shinji2015 posted:

When did he comment on this? I'm behind both on the podcast and the episodes.

I assume it's because of the Batman IP, otherwise no one would have MK channels.

It comes up in the 2nd Like A Dragon stream. I had the archive on in the background

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Tae posted:

At the start of castle super beast, Woolie was suepr against Patreon and just pointed to the tip jar as "Why do I need a patreon, I have that."

Literally pulling teeth from the jaws of victory into defeat.
generally, the former best friends have really never grasped the general appeal for people to drop a 5-10 or more dollar automatic monthly billing down on a patreon and forget about it and just be happy they're contributing somehow to the content provider they like. there's twitch subs sure, but I wager patreon takes less of a cut. like you can just say the patreon is an automatic tip jar if you want, it's literally just an avenue for easy money and they are just the most ADAMANTLY opposed to the very idea. Except Matt I guess.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
its pretty much exactly the same as when lets play goons insisted on still using blip.tv after youtube came out

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Well that's kind of different since early youtube only allowed for 10 minute videos

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Andrast posted:

Well that's kind of different since early youtube only allowed for 10 minute videos

would you say thats the only part of my analogy that isnt totally accurate

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

vimeo was the home of the true lp connoisseur
until they put a stop to it

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

generally, the former best friends have really never grasped the general appeal for people to drop a 5-10 or more dollar automatic monthly billing down on a patreon and forget about it and just be happy they're contributing somehow to the content provider they like. there's twitch subs sure, but I wager patreon takes less of a cut. like you can just say the patreon is an automatic tip jar if you want, it's literally just an avenue for easy money and they are just the most ADAMANTLY opposed to the very idea. Except Matt I guess.

Woolie really, really hates it when people tell him what to do. He probably feels he will have less freedom to tell people to gently caress off if he has a Patreon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Woolie really, really hates it when people tell him what to do.

The irony of that can never be overstated. :v: